Reaper (Neutral Chaos)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Reaper (Neutral Chaos)

Postby alex1234321 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:38 am

Reaper - Neutral Chaos

Summary: You are an undead being who thrives on violence.

Attack: None
Defense: Basic
Unique: Yes
Priority: 3

Abilities:
- Taint one player's soul each night, granting them powerful defense until you die.

Attributes:
- If no one dies for two consecutive nights, everyone will be notified of your existence at the start of the day
- If you are not lynched the day your existence is revealed, you will automatically win the game
- When you die, anyone who would have otherwise died if not for your protections will be dealt an astral unstoppable attack the following night (credit to scarves)

Investigative Results:
Sheriff: You see no evidence of wrongdoing. Your target seems innocent.
Investigator: Medium/Janitor/Retributionist/Necromancer/Trapper/Reaper
Consigliere: Your target taints the souls of the living. They must be a Reaper.

Goal: Kill all who oppose your reign.

Victory Conditions: Wins with Reapers , Survivors, and Witches

Notifications:
You have chosen to taint [player]'s soul tonight.
You feel an insurmountable hunger for violence. You will win the game unless you are lynched today.
[global] You sense a deadly presence hanging over the town. The Reaper will reign over the town if they are not lynched today!

Mechanics:
- Tainted players will be told their defense was too strong if attacked.
- Lynches do not affect your win condition. It does not matter if someone is lynched in between as long as there are no deaths in consecutive nights.

Achievements:
Grim - One win as a Reaper. (20 MP)
Demonic - 5 wins as a Reaper. (20 MP)
Exterminator - 10 wins as a Reaper. (40 MP)
Angel of Death - 25 wins as a Reaper. (100 MP)
Deathtrap - Win the game after surviving an attack. (20 MP)
False Peace - Win the game on or before Day 5. (40 MP)
Immortal Town - Stop three or more deaths on one game. (100 MP)

Additional Information:
Inspired by GreenishT34's Pacifist

Lore:
Death. It's all the Reaper thought of. Her hopes, her dreams, her aspirations, all centered around death. She wanted to rule over the town, to coerce the townspeople into submitting to her reign of tyranny. But she knew it wouldn't be that easy. The townspeople did not trust her. Instead, their loyalty lied with the Mayor, who promised to rid the town of all its criminals. "How pathetic," she thought to herself. A mortal politician, promising to save the town in exchange for loyalty but never doing anything about it. She would do something about it, give the people something they could never even dreamed of. As darkness spread over the town, the Reaper traveled to the Sheriff's house. She put her hands on the sleeping Sheriff's chest, allowing the darkness to spread through his body. He would no longer have to worry about the Mafia or anyone else attacking him. He would now be loyal to the Reaper, the one who granted him the gift of immortality. As the sun rose without a single dead body in the town square, the Reaper was ready to establish herself as supreme leader of the town. She had stopped all violence in the town, but the townspeople could never have imagined the terror that had just begun.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Re: Reaper (Neutral Chaos)

Postby Poryg » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:21 pm

There are so many problems with this role I don't even know where to start.

Okay. First of all, you're a role that's supposed to kill everybody outside of your faction without having any killing power whatsoever. Second, in contradiction with this win condition, you win when in two nights nobody dies and you don't get lynched.
Next, despite this role being "neutral chaos", it is heavily town sided. You grant people powerful defence until you die? Nothing hurts evils more than not being able to kill anyone. Every no kill day gives Town an extra day to slowly pick off one evil at a time based on contradictions within their will. Plus, Jailor's attack is unstoppable and lynches are beyond unstoppable. While this makes TPs and TKs more difficult to confirm, the fact that town gets extra time is more than enough to offset that.
Next, the fact that the presence of the reaper is announced makes you easy to confirm at that time. It makes for an easy fake claim too, but TIs can take care of that since they will have time for it.

So we've got a role that is contradictory to itself, that is heavily town sided and that is easy to confirm especially in late game.
That's a hard no from me.
Poryg
Witch
Witch

Postby alex1234321 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:11 am

Poryg wrote:There are so many problems with this role I don't even know where to start.

Okay. First of all, you're a role that's supposed to kill everybody outside of your faction without having any killing power whatsoever. Second, in contradiction with this win condition, you win when in two nights nobody dies and you don't get lynched.

Sorry that it wasn't completely clear. The role wins by itself similar to an NK role, so if the Reaper wins Town, Mafia, and any NKs lose. Yeah it doesn't directly kill, so barring highly unusual circumstances it can only win if there are no deaths for two nights and it doesn't get lynched.

Poryg wrote:Next, despite this role being "neutral chaos", it is heavily town sided. You grant people powerful defence until you die? Nothing hurts evils more than not being able to kill anyone. Every no kill day gives Town an extra day to slowly pick off one evil at a time based on contradictions within their will. Plus, Jailor's attack is unstoppable and lynches are beyond unstoppable. While this makes TPs and TKs more difficult to confirm, the fact that town gets extra time is more than enough to offset that.

Yeah, I agree the role is more likely to help Town than evils. But in exchange during the day it's more likely to side evil because it doesn't want Town to gain some huge majority and quickly win the game.

Poryg wrote:Next, the fact that the presence of the reaper is announced makes you easy to confirm at that time. It makes for an easy fake claim too, but TIs can take care of that since they will have time for it.

So we've got a role that is contradictory to itself, that is heavily town sided and that is easy to confirm especially in late game.
That's a hard no from me.

Once the Reaper is announced Town only has one chance to kill them. If someone else gets lynched, the Reaper will automatically win and TIs will not have the chance to check anyone. If there aren't many players I expect Town to usually find the Reaper, but if they manage to prevent the deaths early on then they'll have a good chance of winning if they can accuse someone else.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby scarfves » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:34 pm

I think it's a nice role. A role that predicates on semi-drawing the game is a neat idea.

A few changes I think would make him less town-sided is that when the Reaper dies, every death that was delayed by him will take effect once the next night ends.
yeah, i go by qry on discord; shut up!
18 yr old hottie who got a computer from uni and will abuse it to hearts content hehehehe!

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Mafioso Removal + Godfather Rework
Move Plaguebearer from Neutral Chaos to Neutral Killing
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Poryg » Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:54 pm

Oh, now I understand. I thought that the win after 2 nights in a row people don't die, you win like a jester that's successfully gotten lynched.
In that case I could get behind this role.
Poryg
Witch
Witch

Postby alex1234321 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:45 pm

scarfves wrote:I think it's a nice role. A role that predicates on semi-drawing the game is a neat idea.

A few changes I think would make him less town-sided is that when the Reaper dies, every death that was delayed by him will take effect once the next night ends.

I like that idea. I'll make that change
#SaveTheTG

alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Return to Role Ideas