Monk (Town Investigative)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Monk (Town Investigative)

Postby alex1234321 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:19 pm

Role Name:
Monk

Role Alignment:
Town Investigative

Abilities:
Pray with one player each night.
Sacrifice yourself to achieve enlightenment.
When dead speak to a living person at night.

Attributes:
When you sacrifice, you deal an unstoppable attack against yourself that cannot be moved.
When you die, you will learn the roles of all players who you previously prayed with.
You may only speak to a living person once.

Goal:
Lynch every criminal and evildoer.

Win Conditions:
Same as Town

Additional Information:
You may not multitask.
You learn the roles of everyone you pray with when you die regardless of the method.
If you prayed with a framed player, they will show up as a Framer when you die.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Re: Monk (Town Investigative)

Postby Cavespider17 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:34 pm

Would you learn which role corresponds to who? Or just which roles exist? Since I think that's pretty important.
Cavespider17
Witch
Witch

Postby alex1234321 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:37 am

Cavespider17 wrote:Would you learn which role corresponds to who? Or just which roles exist? Since I think that's pretty important.

You learn the exact roles of all players who you prayed with. Like a Consig. So if you check Deodat Lawson the Sheriff and Edward Bishop the Mafioso before dying, you will know that Deodat is the Sheriff and Edward is the Mafioso.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby largewhale96 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:11 am

this is a great idea
largewhale96
Executioner
Executioner

Postby WaveAqualei » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:55 am

alex1234321 wrote:
Cavespider17 wrote:Would you learn which role corresponds to who? Or just which roles exist? Since I think that's pretty important.

You learn the exact roles of all players who you prayed with. Like a Consig. So if you check Deodat Lawson the Sheriff and Edward Bishop the Mafioso before dying, you will know that Deodat is the Sheriff and Edward is the Mafioso.

So you get the roles in order of who you visited?
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby alex1234321 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:00 am

WaveAqualei wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:

You get all the roles and the names of the players they correspond to the night that you die.
#SaveTheTG

alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby WaveAqualei » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:43 pm

alex1234321 wrote:
WaveAqualei wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:

You get all the roles and the names of the players they correspond to the night that you die.

I see
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Brilliand » Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:53 pm

This won't be able to accomplish much in small games or current Ranked, because the game is so short there. It's an interesting idea, though, and will probably be able to pull its weight in the kind of game where Town loses its majority N6.

Can the Monk sacrifice and check in the same night? (I think it should be able to, because Sacrifice is almost never worth doing, so letting the monk multitask when using it will soften the blow a bit.)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby WaveAqualei » Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:14 pm

Brilliand wrote:Can the Monk sacrifice and check in the same night? (I think it should be able to, because Sacrifice is almost never worth doing, so letting the monk multitask when using it will soften the blow a bit.)

It says it can't but I would like for it to as well
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:35 pm

I dislike roles that have to die in order to be useful, the concept is kinda wacky and doesn't really work well, this sort of role would further make town investigative more imbalanced then it already is, with a sort of role that does nothing but has the chance to give some good information when dead... (It's going to use on Jailor or Mayor or another confirmed townie).

I don't think it was well thought out or really all that fun. It's pretty underpowered for one but has weird Potential to break some games and its very slow. (N1/N2 Gather 2 roles? then die N3, give them to jailor N4 at that point i rather just have a sheriff or Investigator at least they can get consistent information without having to lose a town number).
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Return to Role Ideas