Parasite (Neutral Killing)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Parasite (Neutral Killing)

Postby alex1234321 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:57 am

Role Name:
Parasite

Role Alignment:
Neutral Killing

Abilities:
Choose a host to live off of.
Kill one person per kill charge.

Attributes:
You gain two kill charges at the end of each night that you have a host.
If you host dies, you cannot gain more charges until you have used your leftover ones.
You must select a new host the night after using your kill charges.

Goal:
Kill everyone who would oppose you.

Win Conditions:
Same as other NKs.

Investigative Results:
Sheriff: Your target is suspicious! (Your target is innocent when selecting a host)
Investigator: Medium/Retributionist/Janitor/Parasite
Consigliere: Your target lives off of a host. They must be a Parasite.

Additional Information:
Powerful attack
Basic defense
Killing is astral

Example:
N1: Parasite chooses a host.
N2: Parasite may not kill anyone yet because they did not have a host yet during N1.
N3: Parasite can kill two players but chooses to continue building charge. Host dies.
N4: Parasite selects new host. If the host didn't die N3 they would be able to kill four players.
N5: Parasite may not kill anyone yet because they did not have a host yet during N4.
N6: Parasite uses charges to kill two players.
N7: Parasite selects new host.

The killing is slow but can easily build up past 1 KPN if they choose their host wisely.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Re: Parasite (Neutral Killing)

Postby Benn3 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:54 am

Pretty cool, although I feel like it's a really buffed Arsonist. This role doesn't have to worry about dousing their targets first, and then them possibly dying. They just wait until they gain the kill power to kill a huge chunk of people. They do have to worry about their host dying although I still think it'd be very OP. When you select a host, does it bypass Town(Protective) roles? If not, they can just select the Jailor/Mayor and stay on them until they gain enough killing power to eliminate a huge chunk of the players. Also, when you select a host, does the host themselves get notified?
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Parasite (Neutral Killing)

Postby alex1234321 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:31 am

Benn3 wrote:Pretty cool, although I feel like it's a really buffed Arsonist. This role doesn't have to worry about dousing their targets first, and then them possibly dying. They just wait until they gain the kill power to kill a huge chunk of people. They do have to worry about their host dying although I still think it'd be very OP. When you select a host, does it bypass Town(Protective) roles? If not, they can just select the Jailor/Mayor and stay on them until they gain enough killing power to eliminate a huge chunk of the players. Also, when you select a host, does the host themselves get notified?

If players knew there was a Parasite running around they would think twice before revealing as Jailor/Mayor. Selecting a host is not treated as an attack, but the regular kills are vulnerable to TPs, which would certainly limit kill power. Selecting a host doesn't give a notification because otherwise players would lynch the host after a night or two.

Considering the severe penalty associated with waiting too long and picking someone who dies, I don't think the role would be much stronger than Arsonist in practice. It arguably has stronger raw kill power than any existing NKs, but it has to play extremely well to reach its full potential.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Return to Role Ideas