Simple Role Changes

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Re: Simple Role Changes

Postby CapWarrior2 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:35 am

Alright first of all. Cob, I gotta save I love your profile pic.
Second of all, MarsGodofWar, chill down alright.
A) You say cob is arrogant then you proceed to say he is wrong and you don't accept when people point out a loophole, and while you did make it clearer what you suggested, a loophole will form unless they change the whole priority system and/or how astral visits interact aswell. Just because someone brings up the same problem even though a proper solution hasn't been worked is not an excuse to go on a rant.
B) Just because something from one game works well, doesn't mean that something will work well in this game. It has different mechanics, play style, metas and roles.
C) I see alot of your changes are lore based, which is fine, but an important thing to note is that balance has a higher priority then lore. Even though realistically an escort should be easily able to roleblock a transporter on paper, it won't work in reality. Because in reality you would think a spy visiting a werewolves target might see the werewolf and back away, to save themselves. But obviously their dumb enough to continue to walk in around watch themselves get torn to shreds.
Idea Index:
Click Here

Best Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Featured Idea:
Horsemen of the Apocalypse

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
User avatar
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:30 pm
Location: Somewhere with my Goat

Re: Simple Role Changes

Postby Brilliand » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:21 am

CapWarrior2 wrote:A) You say cob is arrogant then you proceed to say he is wrong and you don't accept when people point out a loophole, and while you did make it clearer what you suggested, a loophole will form unless they change the whole priority system and/or how astral visits interact aswell. Just because someone brings up the same problem even though a proper solution hasn't been worked is not an excuse to go on a rant.


A loophole? Replacing the priority system? Reworking astral visits? No no no. It's very simple.

Add a new priority step before 1 in which Escorts and Consorts roleblock Transporters (and only Transporters). Then add another priority step between 1 and 2 in which Escorts and Consorts roleblock Witches. It's an increase in complexity, but not an especially severe one - it's just two roles getting 3 actions per night.

I have no idea why you brought up astral visits.

CapWarrior2 wrote:C) I see alot of your changes are lore based, which is fine, but an important thing to note is that balance has a higher priority then lore.


Oh come on, balance isn't even at issue here. Don't wave around "balance is more important than lore" like it means "lore should always be completely ignored".

We could, I suppose, get into the relative balance of Transporter and Witch vs. Escort and Consort, but since each of those groups has one evil and one town it seems like a wash to me.

cob709 wrote:
MarsGodofWar wrote:
cob709 wrote:That's where the paradox is coming from. When the Transporter moves itself into a roleblock, they become directly roleblocked. But if they're roleblocked, then they never transported anyone. But if that is true, then they do become roleblocked.


...

As dolphina has explained, most actions are direct visits. This includes Escort, Consort, and Transporter. The proposed solution is invalid and will still cause a paradox.


No paradox. MarsGodofWar indicated that my reading of his idea was correct, so I'll spell out the algorithm for it, so you can see there is no paradox.

Priority 0: Escorts and Consorts mark their visits as "roleblocking visits"
Priority 1.1: Transporters check if they are being targeted by a roleblocker. If so, they cancel their action and stay home.
Priority 1.2: Any remaining transporters swap visitors between their targets.
Priority 2.1: Witches check if they are being targeted by a roleblocker. If so, they cancel their action and stay home.
Priority 2.2: Any remaining witches change their first target's visit to match their second target.
Priority 3: All other (non-roleblock-immune) roles check if they are being targeted by a roleblocker. If so, they cancel their action and stay home.
Priority 4: All remaining non-killing roles do their thing
Priority 5: All remaining killing roles do their thing

The proposed changes from the current system are at priorities 1.1 and 2.1, where the Transporters and Witches can be roleblocked just before they act. There is no paradox, because things happen in order, and we never go back to a previous step for any reason.
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
User avatar
Brilliand
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Simple Role Changes

Postby cob709 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:58 pm

Brilliand wrote:
CapWarrior2 wrote:A) You say cob is arrogant then you proceed to say he is wrong and you don't accept when people point out a loophole, and while you did make it clearer what you suggested, a loophole will form unless they change the whole priority system and/or how astral visits interact aswell. Just because someone brings up the same problem even though a proper solution hasn't been worked is not an excuse to go on a rant.


A loophole? Replacing the priority system? Reworking astral visits? No no no. It's very simple.

Add a new priority step before 1 in which Escorts and Consorts roleblock Transporters (and only Transporters). Then add another priority step between 1 and 2 in which Escorts and Consorts roleblock Witches. It's an increase in complexity, but not an especially severe one - it's just two roles getting 3 actions per night.

I have no idea why you brought up astral visits.

CapWarrior2 wrote:C) I see alot of your changes are lore based, which is fine, but an important thing to note is that balance has a higher priority then lore.


Oh come on, balance isn't even at issue here. Don't wave around "balance is more important than lore" like it means "lore should always be completely ignored".

We could, I suppose, get into the relative balance of Transporter and Witch vs. Escort and Consort, but since each of those groups has one evil and one town it seems like a wash to me.

cob709 wrote:
MarsGodofWar wrote:
cob709 wrote:That's where the paradox is coming from. When the Transporter moves itself into a roleblock, they become directly roleblocked. But if they're roleblocked, then they never transported anyone. But if that is true, then they do become roleblocked.


...

As dolphina has explained, most actions are direct visits. This includes Escort, Consort, and Transporter. The proposed solution is invalid and will still cause a paradox.


No paradox. MarsGodofWar indicated that my reading of his idea was correct, so I'll spell out the algorithm for it, so you can see there is no paradox.

Priority 0: Escorts and Consorts mark their visits as "roleblocking visits"
Priority 1.1: Transporters check if they are being targeted by a roleblocker. If so, they cancel their action and stay home.
Priority 1.2: Any remaining transporters swap visitors between their targets.
Priority 2.1: Witches check if they are being targeted by a roleblocker. If so, they cancel their action and stay home.
Priority 2.2: Any remaining witches change their first target's visit to match their second target.
Priority 3: All other (non-roleblock-immune) roles check if they are being targeted by a roleblocker. If so, they cancel their action and stay home.
Priority 4: All remaining non-killing roles do their thing
Priority 5: All remaining killing roles do their thing

The proposed changes from the current system are at priorities 1.1 and 2.1, where the Transporters and Witches can be roleblocked just before they act. There is no paradox, because things happen in order, and we never go back to a previous step for any reason.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=115932&#p3586804

With this order, Escort and Consort become Transporter and Witch immune.
Even if there isn't a paradox, this changes the problem of Transporter being roleblock immune to Escort/Consort being Transporter/Witch immune.
I SEE ALL
User avatar
cob709
Jailor
Jailor
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Simple Role Changes

Postby Brilliand » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:17 pm

cob709 wrote:With this order, Escort and Consort become Transporter and Witch immune.


Not entirely. They get a multi-part action in which the first part is immune to both (and only blocks Transporters), the second part is control immune (and only blocks Witches), and the third part has no such immunities (and roleblocks anything else).

This does mean that an escort can roleblock three people (a Transporter, a Witch and a Doctor) in one night, under certain circumstances. Example:
  • Player A (Escort) visits player B
  • Player B (Transporter) attempts to do something, doesn't matter what since he will be roleblocked
  • Player C (Transporter) swaps Player B with Player D
  • Player D (Witch) attempts to do something, doesn't matter what since she will be roleblocked
  • Player E (Witch) controls Player A onto Player F
  • Player F (Doctor) attempts to do something, doesn't matter what since he will be roleblocked

This could be prevented by removing the "this is a roleblock" flag from the visit when one of the roleblocks succeeds, and/or by granting the Escort Transport/Control immunity when one of the roleblocks succeeds, but both of those have undesirable effects once a Lookout or Tracker gets involved. I suppose granting the Escort transport/control immunity for the rest of the night after successfully roleblocking someone would cause the fewest undesirable effects (it might confirm the target as a Transporter, but odds are they were already confirmed anyway).
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
User avatar
Brilliand
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Simple Role Changes

Postby MarsGodofWar » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:43 pm

cock709 wrote:With this order, Escort and Consort become Transporter and Witch immune.
Even if there isn't a paradox, this changes the problem of Transporter being roleblock immune to Escort/Consort being Transporter/Witch immune.


Honestly cock709 you stupid fuck, I think you just need to stop commenting because clearly, you have a hard time understanding simple things. It's been broken down for you, but you still struggle to understand. Nothing has to been suggested or implied that Escort & Consort would be Transporter/Witch immune. This is now like the 7th time you've argued against this thinking you're right, even though you've been proved wrong, you arrogant fuckhead. Either accept the fact that you're not always bloody right or go somewhere else, dickhead. Plenty of other games have way more complicated scripting and mechanics than Town of Salem, so what's been suggested is really not that hard to do.

MarsGodofWar wrote:Bro, can you fuck off? You are absolutely fucking stupid. Stop putting words into my mouth. Not once did I say that an Escort would be immune to Transports, so I don't understand how you pulled that idea out of your ass.



CapWarrior2 wrote:Alright first of all. Cock, I gotta save I love your profile pic.
Second of all, MarsGodofWar, chill down alright.
A) You say cock is arrogant then you proceed to say he is wrong and you don't accept when people point out a loophole, and while you did make it clearer what you suggested, a loophole will form unless they change the whole priority system and/or how astral visits interact aswell. Just because someone brings up the same problem even though a proper solution hasn't been worked is not an excuse to go on a rant. You're just as fucking arrogant. It's been explained multiple times, neither you or cock709 are right so stop arguing for the sake of it, dickhed.
B) Just because something from one game works well, doesn't mean that something will work well in this game. It has different mechanics, play style, metas and roles. Doesn't mean it wouldn't work, especially when the suggestions are make the roles more balanced and make way more logical sense
C) I see alot of your changes are lore based, which is fine, but an important thing to note is that balance has a higher priority then lore. Even though realistically an escort should be easily able to roleblock a transporter on paper, it won't work in reality. Because in reality you would think a spy visiting a werewolves target might see the werewolf and back away, to save themselves. But obviously their dumb enough to continue to walk in around watch themselves get torn to shreds.


Another fucking arrogant dickhead. If people are rude I'm going to be twice as rude back, so no I will not chill out. Also, cock709 has NEVER EVER proven me wrong. In fact, he's been proven wrong about 7 times and still decides to repeat the same bullshit. Are you another fucking idiot who can't take things in and understand something that's so simple? There's no bloody loophole, it's really quite bloody simple and there are multiple solutions for it. Nothing has to be so linear and there's no fucking paradox to it.
Last edited by MarsGodofWar on Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarsGodofWar
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:57 am

Re: Simple Role Changes

Postby cob709 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:49 pm

MarsGodofWar wrote:
cock709 wrote:With this order, Escort and Consort become Transporter and Witch immune.
Even if there isn't a paradox, this changes the problem of Transporter being roleblock immune to Escort/Consort being Transporter/Witch immune.


Honestly cock709 you stupid fuck, I think you just need to stop commenting because clearly, you have a hard time understanding simple things. It's been broken down for you, but you still struggle to understand. Nothing has to been suggested or implied that Escort & Consort would be roleblock immune. This is now like the 7th time you've argued against this thinking you're right, even though you've been proved wrong, you arrogant fuckhead. Either accept the fact that you're not always bloody right or go somewhere else, dickhead. Plenty of other games have way more complicated scripting and mechanics than Town of Salem, so what's been suggested is really not that hard to do.

you mean transporter/witch immune?
this has already been explained here
Last edited by cob709 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I SEE ALL
User avatar
cob709
Jailor
Jailor
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Simple Role Changes

Postby MarsGodofWar » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:31 pm

cock709 wrote:
MarsGodofWar wrote:
cock709 wrote:With this order, Escort and Consort become Transporter and Witch immune.
Even if there isn't a paradox, this changes the problem of Transporter being roleblock immune to Escort/Consort being Transporter/Witch immune.


Honestly cock709 you stupid fuck, I think you just need to stop commenting because clearly, you have a hard time understanding simple things. It's been broken down for you, but you still struggle to understand. Nothing has to been suggested or implied that Escort & Consort would be roleblock immune. This is now like the 7th time you've argued against this thinking you're right, even though you've been proved wrong, you arrogant fuckhead. Either accept the fact that you're not always bloody right or go somewhere else, dickhead. Plenty of other games have way more complicated scripting and mechanics than Town of Salem, so what's been suggested is really not that hard to do.

you mean transporter/witch immune?
this has already been explained here


Nothings been implied to suggest that Escort/Consort would become Transport or Witch immune. Or do I have to repeat this to you again you fucking idiot?
MarsGodofWar
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:57 am

Re: Simple Role Changes

Postby Brilliand » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:48 pm

cob709 wrote:you mean transporter/witch immune?
this has already been explained here


Broken link?

MarsGodofWar wrote:Nothings been implied to suggest that Escort/Consort would become Transport or Witch immune. Or do I have to repeat this to you again you fucking idiot?


An Escort that selects a Transporter to roleblock would have to either get transport/control immunity for the night or develop some rather strange behavior when affected by a transport/control, so there is some degree of truth to cob's statement.
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
User avatar
Brilliand
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Simple Role Changes

Postby cob709 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:53 pm

Brilliand wrote:
cob709 wrote:you mean transporter/witch immune?
this has already been explained here


Broken link?

whoops, sorry
fixed it
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=115932&start=50#p3587383
I SEE ALL
User avatar
cob709
Jailor
Jailor
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Simple Role Changes

Postby superdog551 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:40 am

Wow it's very hostile here. I think the simplest way for this to work would just be making escort roleblock before transports happen. So if the transporter transes themself with someone who was roleblocked, that person has already been roleblocked so it doesn't move onto the transporter. If transporter is targeted directly then they are roleblocked and nobody gets transed at all. Pretty simple.
joaodasalmas wrote:Abilities: You can reveal yourself as the King Potato, and now you can't be voted.

In-game my name is Jay
User avatar
superdog551
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:33 pm
Location: The Desert (Send Water Please)

Re: Simple Role Changes

Postby Brilliand » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:34 am

superdog551 wrote:Wow it's very hostile here. I think the simplest way for this to work would just be making escort roleblock before transports happen. So if the transporter transes themself with someone who was roleblocked, that person has already been roleblocked so it doesn't move onto the transporter. If transporter is targeted directly then they are roleblocked and nobody gets transed at all. Pretty simple.


Yeah, but that's straight-up giving the roleblockers Transporter/Witch immunity. It isn't exactly appealing to remove the Transporter's ability to defend against the Consort and the Witch's ability to defend against the Escort.

The more complicated solution, where the roleblocker only gets to bypass the Transporter or Witch when actually targeting one of those roles, puts the roleblockers and pseudo-roleblockers on more of an equal footing.
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
User avatar
Brilliand
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Simple Role Changes

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:58 am

Brilliand wrote:
superdog551 wrote:Wow it's very hostile here. I think the simplest way for this to work would just be making escort roleblock before transports happen. So if the transporter transes themself with someone who was roleblocked, that person has already been roleblocked so it doesn't move onto the transporter. If transporter is targeted directly then they are roleblocked and nobody gets transed at all. Pretty simple.


Yeah, but that's straight-up giving the roleblockers Transporter/Witch immunity. It isn't exactly appealing to remove the Transporter's ability to defend against the Consort and the Witch's ability to defend against the Escort.

The more complicated solution, where the roleblocker only gets to bypass the Transporter or Witch when actually targeting one of those roles, puts the roleblockers and pseudo-roleblockers on more of an equal footing.


or the simple solution, leave inmunities as they are now because there is no problem with them
syjfwbaobfwl
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 1:50 pm

Re: Simple Role Changes

Postby superdog551 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:00 am

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
Brilliand wrote:
superdog551 wrote:Wow it's very hostile here. I think the simplest way for this to work would just be making escort roleblock before transports happen. So if the transporter transes themself with someone who was roleblocked, that person has already been roleblocked so it doesn't move onto the transporter. If transporter is targeted directly then they are roleblocked and nobody gets transed at all. Pretty simple.


Yeah, but that's straight-up giving the roleblockers Transporter/Witch immunity. It isn't exactly appealing to remove the Transporter's ability to defend against the Consort and the Witch's ability to defend against the Escort.

The more complicated solution, where the roleblocker only gets to bypass the Transporter or Witch when actually targeting one of those roles, puts the roleblockers and pseudo-roleblockers on more of an equal footing.


or the simple solution, leave inmunities as they are now because there is no problem with them



No I agree I don't think it needs to be changed, I just wanted to give a way it could work so everyone can stop repeating themselves that it would break the game.
joaodasalmas wrote:Abilities: You can reveal yourself as the King Potato, and now you can't be voted.

In-game my name is Jay
User avatar
superdog551
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:33 pm
Location: The Desert (Send Water Please)

Re: Simple Role Changes

Postby PrincessDespair » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:40 am

Moderator Message: @MarsGodofWar Please follow rule 8; personal attacks against a user is not allowed. Please keep this thread civil, and this goes for everyone too. Thank you.
Insert cliché Instagram quote caption under my photo

Please refer to me as "your highness." It's a compliment for me being a princess and a pothead at the same time.

Interested in helping the Town of Salem community by getting rid of toxicity? If you have completed 151 games of Town of Salem, join the Trial Discord: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
User avatar
PrincessDespair
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 1205
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:16 pm
Location: United States

Re: Simple Role Changes

Postby rakso98 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:20 pm

So:

1. Transporter transports themselves with Giles Corey
2. Escort role-blocks Giles Corey
3. Neither Giles Corey nor the transporter is role-blocked
4. Both Giles Corey and the transporter are transported

And if:

2. Escort role-blocks the transporter

then:

3. No one is transported

This is what you are suggesting? TBH I prefer the current system

I think the suggested vigi, bmer, retri (although I think Vet should only be used on self) and jailor changes, or similar changes, make sense. I disagree with the other changes.
rakso98
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Simple Role Changes

Postby MarsGodofWar » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:03 pm

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
Brilliand wrote:
superdog551 wrote:Wow it's very hostile here. I think the simplest way for this to work would just be making escort roleblock before transports happen. So if the transporter transes themself with someone who was roleblocked, that person has already been roleblocked so it doesn't move onto the transporter. If transporter is targeted directly then they are roleblocked and nobody gets transed at all. Pretty simple.


Yeah, but that's straight-up giving the roleblockers Transporter/Witch immunity. It isn't exactly appealing to remove the Transporter's ability to defend against the Consort and the Witch's ability to defend against the Escort.

The more complicated solution, where the roleblocker only gets to bypass the Transporter or Witch when actually targeting one of those roles, puts the roleblockers and pseudo-roleblockers on more of an equal footing.


or the simple solution, leave inmunities as they are now because there is no problem with them


There is a problem with them currently syjfwbaobfwl as they make no logicalally sense what so ever. I don't understand why you are so against this.

rakso98 wrote:So:

1. Transporter transports themselves with Giles Corey
2. Escort role-blocks Giles Corey
3. Neither Giles Corey nor the transporter is role-blocked
4. Both Giles Corey and the transporter are transported

And if:

2. Escort role-blocks the transporter

then:

3. No one is transported

This is what you are suggesting? TBH I prefer the current system

I think the suggested vigi, bmer, retri (although I think Vet should only be used on self) and jailor changes, or similar changes, make sense. I disagree with the other changes.


That's what I'm suggesting. You only prefer the current system because you haven't experienced the Transporter change that I'm suggesting. How can you prefer something when you do know what you're preferring it over??

Also, you agree with the nonsense logic that a Transporter can somehow transport an alerted Veteran? I understand that some of the other changes are a bit controversial. But transporter should not be able to transport an alerted Veteran period. Veteran is meant to kill everyone who visits. So how does it make sense for the Transporter to be able to give the Veteran a ride and then once he's transported him, the veteran just shoots him??? A paranoid war veteran who will shoot anyone who visits him, but for some reason he lets some stranger give him a ride to another location for the night and then kills him after. Do you see the point i'm trying to make? This game needs more logic

LO is RNG. Nerf the Jailor meta or create counters to revealing as important roles day 1 and then you nerf the Lookout. But LO should still go back to seeing all targets, as roles shouldn't be based upon RNG.

superdog551 wrote:Wow it's very hostile here. I think the simplest way for this to work would just be making escort roleblock before transports happen. So if the transporter transes themself with someone who was roleblocked, that person has already been roleblocked so it doesn't move onto the transporter. If transporter is targeted directly then they are roleblocked and nobody gets transed at all. Pretty simple.

Exactly, very simple, this is how it was explained multiple times. It's hostile because some of the people that commented are fucking annoying and keep making up paradoxes and conflicting everything. Swfysfdudfu always acts like every logical idea is super confusing and that players won't understand. Cob repeated the same thing 7-8 times and kept getting into his head that Escorts would become Witch/Transporter immune when that wasn't implied in any way. If you're stupid and can't understand simple logic (this goes for Cob & Swyfjdsf), don't comment because your opinion is wrong
MarsGodofWar
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:57 am

Re: Simple Role Changes

Postby cob709 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:51 pm

Here is a critical concept.

Either the Escort/Consort is immune to Transporter/Witch, or the Transporter/Witch is immune to Escort/Consort.
One of these must be true. Otherwise, it will cause a paradox.
I SEE ALL
User avatar
cob709
Jailor
Jailor
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Simple Role Changes

Postby MarsGodofWar » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:10 pm

cob709 wrote:Here is a critical concept.

Either the Escort/Consort is immune to Transporter/Witch, or the Transporter/Witch is immune to Escort/Consort.
One of these must be true. Otherwise, it will cause a paradox.


Dude that is not fucking true. Honestly, you're not fucking right here so stop being so damn arrogant. There are plenty of solutions to this. THERE IS NO FUCKING PARADOX. How hard is that for you to understand??? Escort/Consort would not be immune to Transporter/Witch if the Transporter is no longer roleblock immune. So get that fucking idea out of your head. Jesus Christ, 3 other people, excluding myself have explained solutions that would not create a paradox. so why are you so fucking stupid ?

This is about the 9th time you've commented. You are not fucking right, ok understand that? You are not fucking right and never will be. THERE IS NO PARADOX! THERE IS NO PARADOX! How many fucking times does it have to be said to get it through your thick head? We are talking about a driver transporting two people here, multiple things can happen in a night and at different times. THIS IS NO TIME TRAVEL PARADOX, so stop thinking there's a paradox when solutions have been explained multiple fucking times. You are honestly fucking stupid and are getting really bloody annoying.

Mechanics are very basic in this game and implementing slightly more advanced mechanics wouldn't be that hard to do.
MarsGodofWar
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:57 am

Re: Simple Role Changes

Postby Brilliand » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:12 am

MarsGodofWar wrote:
superdog551 wrote:Wow it's very hostile here. I think the simplest way for this to work would just be making escort roleblock before transports happen. So if the transporter transes themself with someone who was roleblocked, that person has already been roleblocked so it doesn't move onto the transporter. If transporter is targeted directly then they are roleblocked and nobody gets transed at all. Pretty simple.

Exactly, very simple, this is how it was explained multiple times. It's hostile because some of the people that commented are fucking annoying and keep making up paradoxes and conflicting everything. Swfysfdudfu always acts like every logical idea is super confusing and that players won't understand. Cob repeated the same thing 7-8 times and kept getting into his head that Escorts would become Witch/Transporter immune when that wasn't implied in any way. If you're stupid and can't understand simple logic (this goes for Cob & Swyfjdsf), don't comment because your opinion is wrong


Hold on. This is not the same as the version that I explained earlier. superdog551's version is the one where escort/consort become witch/transporter immune.
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
User avatar
Brilliand
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Simple Role Changes

Postby MarsGodofWar » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:21 am

Brilliand wrote:
MarsGodofWar wrote:
superdog551 wrote:Wow it's very hostile here. I think the simplest way for this to work would just be making escort roleblock before transports happen. So if the transporter transes themself with someone who was roleblocked, that person has already been roleblocked so it doesn't move onto the transporter. If transporter is targeted directly then they are roleblocked and nobody gets transed at all. Pretty simple.

Exactly, very simple, this is how it was explained multiple times. It's hostile because some of the people that commented are fucking annoying and keep making up paradoxes and conflicting everything. Swfysfdudfu always acts like every logical idea is super confusing and that players won't understand. Cob repeated the same thing 7-8 times and kept getting into his head that Escorts would become Witch/Transporter immune when that wasn't implied in any way. If you're stupid and can't understand simple logic (this goes for Cob & Swyfjdsf), don't comment because your opinion is wrong


Hold on. This is not the same as the version that I explained earlier. superdog551's version is the one where escort/consort become witch/transporter immune.


Ah yes didn't read it properly. That's not the point though. The point is that there are plenty of solutions to making Escort able to roleblock Transporter without causing a paradox. It wouldn't be impossible at all to implement mechanics for it.
MarsGodofWar
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:57 am

Re: Simple Role Changes

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 am

MarsGodofWar wrote:
syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
Brilliand wrote:
superdog551 wrote:Wow it's very hostile here. I think the simplest way for this to work would just be making escort roleblock before transports happen. So if the transporter transes themself with someone who was roleblocked, that person has already been roleblocked so it doesn't move onto the transporter. If transporter is targeted directly then they are roleblocked and nobody gets transed at all. Pretty simple.


Yeah, but that's straight-up giving the roleblockers Transporter/Witch immunity. It isn't exactly appealing to remove the Transporter's ability to defend against the Consort and the Witch's ability to defend against the Escort.

The more complicated solution, where the roleblocker only gets to bypass the Transporter or Witch when actually targeting one of those roles, puts the roleblockers and pseudo-roleblockers on more of an equal footing.


or the simple solution, leave inmunities as they are now because there is no problem with them


There is a problem with them currently syjfwbaobfwl as they make no logicalally sense what so ever. I don't understand why you are so against this.

I am against this for 2 simple reasons

1: Is a lot of changes which arent really necesary

2: Your only 2 arguments are lore and that it works IN ANOTHER GAME, why is ToS suposed to work as another game?
syjfwbaobfwl
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 1:50 pm

Re: Simple Role Changes

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:08 am

Not to mention that most of changes your alt suggested are also because "This is how it works in SC2 mafia game"
syjfwbaobfwl
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 1:50 pm

Previous

Return to Role Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests