Reporting Rickstertrickster05, ellayehet, M7YT

Processed reports are sent here.

Moderator: Trial Judge

Reporting Rickstertrickster05, ellayehet, M7YT

Postby SirKepi » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:25 pm

Account name(s): Rickstertrickster05, ellayehet, M7YT

Offense(s): Hatespeech/harassment

Offense location(s): Naming phase (Rickstertrickster05), in-game (unknown day, forgot about that) for ellayehet, pre-game lobby (M7YT)

Evidence:
https://imgur.com/a/1OVy8Pe
https://imgur.com/a/p8eC9AF

Details:
Simple enough for M7YT, as you can see the accused evaded the hardfilter to use a racial slur in the pre-game lobby.

Pretty self-explanatory for Rickstertrickster05, you can see in the first screenshot that they named themselves N (a name they kept all game) and used that name to bypass the filter in the naming phase to use a racial slur.

Also fairly straightforward for ellayehet as you can see Jade (ellayehet) say in-game that they're "furryphobic" which I not only find offensive, it's in the same category as saying that one is homophobic or transphobic. All three are lifestyle choices (regardless if you think being LGBT is a choice or not, it technically is since you're still technically making a choice to live that particular lifestyle and I have trans and pansexual friends who agree with me on this) so I don't see any difference in saying "I'm homophobic" and "I'm furryphobic" for this very reason. Additionally, your rules state that the HS/H rule applies to ANY/ALL group(s). If it protects LGBT, it should protect furries as well.

The specific rule I'm invoking regarding HS/H:

8. Personal attacks at a general audience, specific groups of people, or individual users are not allowed, nor tolerated, including outside-forum drama.

As seen here: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=96157

I would call saying "I'm furryphobic" as an attack at furries, which according to that rule is not allowed. The rule also mentions "outside-forum" drama, which I would take to mean that this rule applies to in-game conduct as well, as well it should. I don't want to have to hide the fact that I'm a furry, nor should I have to. If I were gay I wouldn't have to hide that fact because the HS/H rule would protect me. Do you see the double standard here?

I hope staff can see the point I'm trying to make here. Just because there hasn't been as much controversy around furries as there has been around the LGBT community (or others, such as Jewish people or black people for example), it doesn't mean the hate we get hurts any less. I would hope that staff can see/consider this point, as well as make Town of Salem a place where ALL groups/people can have fun in a safe community, regardless of lifestyle choice(s) or any other consideration.

EDIT: Forgot to add M7YT to the report. Fixed.
Yeah I'm a furry. Deal with it.

Favorite roles:
Jester
Executioner
Veteran
Godfather
Vampire Hunter

Names I most commonly use in-game:
Maiq the Furry (Usually)
Maiq the Liar (Rarely)
Phoenix Wright (Very rarely)

If you see me feel free to say hi! ^_^
SirKepi
Medium
Medium

Re: Reporting Rickstertrickster05, ellayehet, M7YT

Postby Aureolin1 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:34 pm

No report was filed from this game. Rickstertrickster05 and ellayehet also have no open reports, but I was able to suspend M7YT from an unrelated incident.

You are linking the FORUM rules, which have no bearing on the verdict of trial reports, and your personal beliefs and experiences do not influence the outcome of a report. Our rules explicitly state that racism / country shaming / language shaming, religious intolerance, intolerance to sexual orientations (homophobia, transphobia, etc.), sexism, and general bigotry are guilty under HS/H. This does not include all and any groups.

Leaving open for Rickstertrickster05.
Aureolin1
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: Reporting Rickstertrickster05, ellayehet, M7YT

Postby SirKepi » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:39 am

Yes, I'm aware that the rule I linked is a forum rule. I figured it'd carry over to in-game too (common sense, common decency and common courtesy kinda suggest that it should/would), but I guess I was wrong and I apologize for my lack of understanding. I still think the HS/H rule as written is unfair however and will continue to report people who say things like "exterminate the furries" or "gas the furries" or anything of that nature (I've literally seen people reported, banned, and trying to appeal for saying those exact same phrases against other groups and I've seen those exact same phrases used against furries as well, not even kidding here) because I still believe these sentiments are wrong and should be against the rules and reporting is the only way I really know of to shed light on what I view as a bit of an injustice. If I'm forbidden from reporting hatespeech/harassment against furries in the forums, so be it; I'll consider myself to have been so informed at this juncture and will refrain from posting said reports on the forums in the future, instead just reporting in-game. Before you mention it, I'm more than aware of the inciting rule regarding reports so I will try to refrain from asking anyone else to report someone for hating on furries (unless it happens to be extreme like over several phases or include slurs of course), I'll just report and hope there are others that agree with me.

I would like to take a moment to point out however that just because furries haven't received as much controversy as other groups (LGBT, Jewish people, black people, etc.) it doesn't make the hate we get hurt any less, nor does it hurt less when the setting is different (forums vs in-game for instance). I honestly don't take anything anyone says online personally, but there are those out there who might. I'm just trying to change things for the better to help those people. I wasn't trying to really influence the report per say, I was trying to point out what I deem to be an unfair loophole in the HS/H rule in an attempt to shed some light on it and hopefully get it changed and as mentioned, I don't really know of any other way to shed light on this matter and I apologize if it was misinterpreted as me trying to influence the outcome of the report, as this is something I personally don't believe in. If you check my other reports on the forums, you'll see I usually don't do much more in the details section of my forum reports than pointing out evidence, where to look, what to look for, etc. (though there are a couple of exceptions, this of course being one of them) because I prefer to let the facts and evidence speak for themselves most of the time. That said however, you can see that even in this report I let the evidence speak for itself in the case of the others involved.

I deeply and humbly apologize if anything that I've said either in the original post or this one comes off as argumentative, antagonistic, baiting, or anything other than an attempt to change things for the better in a community/game that I happen to care deeply about, as that's my only intention here. I also apologize if this is the wrong place for this, however I felt a reply explaining my original post was in order due to your response, Aureolin1. I honestly have nothing but the best of intentions here, just trying to protect my fellow furries out there that love this game as much as I do. ^_^

Anyways, I'm done with this report now unless a further response is asked for or I feel one is in order for some reason, which I doubt I will.

Thank you for taking the time to read this (admittedly somewhat lengthy and verbose) response and happy new year! ^_^
Yeah I'm a furry. Deal with it.

Favorite roles:
Jester
Executioner
Veteran
Godfather
Vampire Hunter

Names I most commonly use in-game:
Maiq the Furry (Usually)
Maiq the Liar (Rarely)
Phoenix Wright (Very rarely)

If you see me feel free to say hi! ^_^