Sabotage! 3 - The Facility

A place for old, unplayed, and completed games go to lie.

Sabotage! 3 - The Facility

Postby Quizzicol » Tue May 14, 2019 1:35 pm

In this text based exploration game, you are placed in a customizable scenario with a specific goal to complete. The twist is that each player role has different abilities to achieve the goal and there are saboteurs in their ranks with their own agenda.

In each game, the main goal can be different whether its points to obtain, an item like say a key to a door, or even if there are too many or too few people present for the win scenario to occur. Each game can also follow a theme as well for those that enjoy a bit of lore with their games. Another factor at play is the roles as they can be customized to fit the theme as well and certain roles have advantages in game where certain others won't. What can make the game or break it are the alliances you make and the items you gather.

Gameplay

Time of Phases

Day Phase - Lasts 48 hours, general exploration phase, the weather conditions may inhibit player actions. For example, if you get struck but lightning, its pretty safe to assume that's not going to end well for you.

Night Phase - Last 24 hours, All players will be moved to the lockable dorms. You can explore during this time but enemies are more active at night. The dark allows for easier attacks.

Point gain

Simply put you gain points through many different means. Game conditions can cause points to be gained or lost, every completed quest usually means at least one point gain, sometimes actions to other players, NPCs, or certain items earn you points, even some roles have special ways of obtaining points. The only real advice to give is to pay attention.

Quests

The host, NPCs, even some notes and items can provide a quest. If you complete them you get a reward, but there are a few catches too. Some quests are traps some times by the host, sometimes by a NPC that you may have ticked off, sometimes a role can provide a false quest, be suspicious and go with your gut. High risk but high rewards, prizes for quests can be item locations, knowledge of skills, maybe even a saboteur location!

Killing / Attacking Players

There is no direct combat. If the target player can see you, you cannot attack. If you can sneak up on them and they can't see you or there is a scenario in which the other player is preoccupied, they are fair game. Simple as that. Host requests on positions will often occur, implied positions will be considered as well. Keep in mind of this, depending on what status or stance your character is in can affect attacks as well. If you are sitting down and see someone shooting at you making the action to stand and run away that will get you shot, however making the action to fall to the floor may spare you. The shooter's accuracy and stealth against the victim will determine how well they shoot or if the victim sees them, while the victims speed and strength can determine how fast they get away. MAKE SURE YOU ARE AWARE THAT ANYONE CAN BE AGAINST YOU!

Items

Some roles have items already given to them. Others are more proficient with certain items than others. This does not mean that a particular role has an advantage. Most often these items can still be found on the map somewhere. It's up to luck and a little ingenuity for you to find them. Each player starts with a starting inventory of at least two items.

Events

Most actions or events will be decided by RNG, at most a d6 roll at least a d2 roll. Only special events or statuses can make it more or less.

Role Basics

Stats

Strength - Ability to lift or move, Can be applied to fights to overpower your opponent, be it an enemy or another player.

Speed - Ability to move or react to something going on. Some which high speed maybe able to dodge an attack. This can also determine who goes first in an event.

Stealth - How quiet or unassuming your player's actions are. This counts to how you can sneak away and avoid fights, you can also pickpocket using this stat as well.

Friendliness - This stat determines your general presence to NPCs and enemies. High amounts of this stat make you approachable to NPCs, Low amounts make you look like a threat to enemies.

Each roles stats take in effect to actions. Be aware of what someone claims, their role may be stronger, faster, or stealthier than you. Someone may be able to dodge an attack, overcome it, maybe even get the chance to attack without you knowing.

There are no Good or Evil roles. It's up to the players digression how they want to play. The doc can be selfish and seek to only heal themselves and poison others, the cultist can have a change of heart and spare the soldier. It doesn't matter, you never know how your actions will affect the NPCs though.

Saboteur

These individuals are selected at random from the pool of players and will be given an objective, retrieve the documents, seize the data, obtain the [insert item here], and a general idea of the location of the objective. They will not be told who is on their team, but instead two of them will be given a set of code words to initialize a reveal location. It's up to them on how to make it not suspicious. As they discover allies, they have to complete quests to get more codes to find more allies should more exist in a game. As a general rule one in every 3 players will be a saboteur. Usually quests have to deal with items that are in a specific area or they may be on someone's person. The player will be alerted if they have a item that's targeted by a Saboteur. Best Strategy is to hide in plain sight.

Game Specific Conditions

Sabotage! The Facility
Setting
You are all in an underground facility possibly funded by some kind of government organization. Inside are kept some of the strangest and the most deadly creatures and objects that should never be revealed to the populace. The main issue is that well, the creatures want out and this site only has so many humans standing in the way.

Lore
Asset #247-C Code-named: Maestro is a particularly nasty entity that was one of the first entities to be placed in the facility. Its abilities include, telepathy, advanced intelligence, and persuasive control. After years and years of being in this Facility, it believes it has a means to finally escape through a rather unorthodox means. It has decided to reach out to its fellow entities also imprisoned and band them together to break out. After a long process the Maestro has managed to convince one of the humans to its side, with promises of riches and hidden knowledge to give them power. The Maestro is finally ready to orchestrate its greatest masterpiece. These humans have such droll ways to express themselves....

There is a skeleton crew currently at Site-A, partially due to some government administration bull that requires the attendance of most of the veterans of the facility. Needless to say this site is mainly used for training to send the recruits to other sites once they gain more experience. Currently most of the soldiers are prepping to head to Site-B, but there are several issues to be hammered out still. Site-A has never had a breach in the entirety of its construction. Most of the automations of the facility are what keep it going so far. But there are back up systems.... right? How hard could it be for them to basically house sit?

Point Conditions
Everyone starts at level/stage 1.

Humans gain points on their access ranks. At rank 1 there are limited to how many items and weapons they can gain from the various weapon depots around the facility. Ranks also affect access to specific areas of the facility and computer terminal information. Humans will gain 1 point for every monster killed and 2 points for every creature successfully contained. There are also devices and challenges to net them extra points as well. Finding the Sabotuer will net you 5 points.

Monsters gain points via actions as well. For every monster killed they gain points congruent to the level of the monster killed, every human gains two. At stages 3, 6, and 9 the monsters will undergo an evolutionary stage will will give them new powers and abilities and the means to break down the doors to the next level regardless of other tactics. Finding and killing the Traitor monster will net 3 points and guarantee an evolutionary stage.

The Saboteurs will have the opposite point gains of their respective roles. Human Sab will have Monster point gains, Monster Sab will have Human point gains however the monster Sab will be able to evolve once they reach a new floor.

Game Items Sampler

Most Items are for Humans.

Medkit - Heals from most injuries

Surgical Kit - Heals all injuries, requires the Docbot NPC

AK-47 - Machine Gun, Full Auto, not sure what else you want.

Flamethrower - Useful for cleansing the unclean.

Untouchables - Items that have specific abilities and powers, many can be used to harm or even kill the monsters. Someone actually had the good idea to keep weapons that actually work on the monsters in the facility. Go figure. They're access doors vary to the rank of a human to get them and of a monster to break into them.

Sample Untouchable
UI #777 "Le Founte de Aque Vitae" - Its..... a water cooler. Yeah I know but hey wonder what it can do....?

Monster Sampler

All Monster identities are hidden from the humans and files must be found on the computer terminals found on every floor. Human Rank decides the info they will recieve. One one monster file will be on the 10 rank, The Maestro.

There will be NPC monsters as well as player monsters

Basic win condition

For the Humans, ideally would be the containment of all monsters again. Less than ideally there is a means for level 10 soldiers to win on their own that will be discovered in game.

For the Monsters, ideally the death of all humans and freeing of the Maestro is the ideal win condition. However who knows what will happen when they reach the surface...

Sabs win respective to the role opposite of their own. Sab Human wins with monsters, Sab Monster wins with Humans, escape or containment is optional (Technically being fed all the time is not a bad gig in all reality.)

Map
The facility has four floors. Images posted on Discord Server.

Special Conditions

Time
Day and Night do not exist in this game. However there will be periods of required rest. Every 48 hours the humans will have to take periods of rest else they will pass out. Best to find a place to hide for a time. The monsters will also go dormant as well after 48 hours.

Humans will require food and water after eat 48 hour period. Monsters will not.

Humans will require at least an 8 hour rest. The Monsters only need 6. However Monsters will require a 6 hour rest to evolve as well once they reach the level to do so.

During these rest periods, you will be vulnerable. Every Human has average stealth while the Monsters will vary depending on the role they create. So if you do not hide, you may not wake up in time, if you are attacked.

Custom Game Roles

There are only two roles as there are two "teams"

Humans - Will all be wearing the exact same full body armor with no obvious difference in each other.

Monsters - This is the first custom made roles that you all create and will be constructed into role cards to be used in game. All Monsters have a weakness which will be an item in game, either a weapon or an Untouchable item.

All players can submit a monster but will not be guaranteed a Monster Role as role selection will be random. Pre-made monsters designed by me will be issued for those that do not submit a monster should they get the role. If a monster's weakness is a UI it will not be in game should that person get a Monster role.

Profile - Humans Only Can Choose.

There is one height in game: Average and three weights, Thin, Average, and Bulky, these can all have positive or negative affects on events.

Thin= Near limitless stamina, low endurance/fortitude from attacks.
Average= medium endurance.
Bulky= Limited Stamina High endurance/fortitude from attacks

This will be played on Discord, message for link

Current Players
Quizzicol

Re: Sabotage! 3 - The Facility

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Tue May 14, 2019 1:39 pm

/in
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Jalandh » Tue May 14, 2019 1:39 pm

/in
Use your full power. Take out your soul weapon, and do your best. Otherwise...

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby timurtheking » Tue May 14, 2019 1:43 pm

Please for everyone's sake use spoilers and stuff
Check out my ideas:
The Philosophers (New Faction)
Witch Change/buff

Just remembering the good times when this forum was alive :))

Best known for; hosting The Room FG series and being the Right Hand of Game's Hub
timurtheking
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Quizzicol » Tue May 14, 2019 1:45 pm

Not a trusted member else I would.
Quizzicol

Postby Bluedetroyer » Tue May 14, 2019 1:49 pm

/in
I own 3 dogs and 3 cats.
hello

Behind the Mask Record

1-1

Spoiler: BtM: School Trouble - Loner (Deceiver) - guesses DP8 - Chef (poisoner) win
IDDY BtM - Pesant - Pesant (me) win

Bluedetroyer
Witch
Witch

Postby gabby100 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:00 pm

/in
I remember doing the time-warp
Drinking those moments when
The Blackness would hit me
And the void would be calling...
Let's do the time-warp again!

since i keep being forgotten here's my FM records:
town aka getting citizen almost everytime:
TFM61 TFM62 NFM53 TFM65 NFM54 TFM66 15B VFM32 15F SFM46 16D ep XVII
SFM52
evan forcing me do the VC...

mafia:
SFM40

neutral:
GFM2.43 SFM48

before the rerolls happened:
NFM55
ep XVI

gabby100

Location: In someplace trying to translate my thought process into simple english for everyone to understand

Postby SkyW » Tue May 14, 2019 2:01 pm

/in

I don't know how to play, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.
Professional ??? Rambler (average NYC subway rider)

There is a frog outside go check it out please it's such a cool frog
SkyW
Jester
Jester

Location: West Philadelphia born and raised On the playground was where I spent most of my days Chillin' out

Postby Bluedetroyer » Tue May 14, 2019 2:04 pm

SkyW wrote:/in

same
I own 3 dogs and 3 cats.
hello

Behind the Mask Record

1-1

Spoiler: BtM: School Trouble - Loner (Deceiver) - guesses DP8 - Chef (poisoner) win
IDDY BtM - Pesant - Pesant (me) win

Bluedetroyer
Witch
Witch

Postby timurtheking » Tue May 14, 2019 2:58 pm

Bluedetroyer wrote:
SkyW wrote:/in

same

None of us do, the thread is just basically a repeat of all previous sabotagea
Check out my ideas:
The Philosophers (New Faction)
Witch Change/buff

Just remembering the good times when this forum was alive :))

Best known for; hosting The Room FG series and being the Right Hand of Game's Hub
timurtheking
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Chemist1422 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:40 pm

When does it start?
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Jalandh » Thu May 23, 2019 8:29 pm

Bump for relevance
Use your full power. Take out your soul weapon, and do your best. Otherwise...

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Return to Completed/Abandoned Games