BtM: Episode 11 [The Greatest Show - Royal Wins]

A place for old, unplayed, and completed games go to lie.

BtM: Episode 11 [The Greatest Show - Royal Wins]

Postby EyeOfTheTiger » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:01 am

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls - welcome to the Circus!
BTM Episode 11: The Greatest Show

Welcome one and welcome all, to Behind the Masks! Here, you play a person hidden behind the disguise of a mask, seeking a thrill beyond comprehension.
This is a 16 player game, and will use mostly classic roles.

Basics
-The last player standing is the victor. Anyone not playing towards this goal will be kicked.
-A player's role is not revealed when they die.
-Dead players cannot post in the thread. There will be a dead chat on Discord.
-All actions, gifts and guesses must be sent to me.
-Don't be a dick. If you're getting heated, please step back and take a break.

Role Cards: Spoiler:
Barbarian - The Strongman

Crowds come to watch you flex your muscles and lift the most intimidating weights, in awe of your superhuman strength. It's not a bad job, not at all, but maybe your size has another use...

Three times per game, during the Dinner Phase, you may intimidate one player with your strength, preventing them from challenging in the challenge phase.The intimidated player must accept all challenges given to them. PM the Mod to use this power.
Only you will know who is intimidated.

Blackmailer - The Usher

You work a simple job, directing people to their seats. A fair pay, but you earn a far better currency around here - secrets. Secrets that will make your competitors cringe in fear and do your bidding.

During the Dinner Phase, you may blackmail one player. PM the Moderator to use this power. You may use this power as many times as you wish.
Blackmailed players must participate in a challenge during the Challenge Phase, or they will die. Only the blackmailed player will know that they are blackmailed.

Blacksmith- The Sword Swallower

You are a master of all things metal - and all things swallowing, too. Luckily for you, the duels are with the very things you perform with - fixing a match would be child's play...

At the beginning of the Action Phase, you will be notified of the intended winners of the accepted duels.
Three times per game, during the Action Phase, you may change the winner of a duel. You may use this ability only once on a duel you are involved in.

Court Jester - The Clown
Entertaining the crowd is your bread and butter, you live and breathe laughter and lightheartedness. You're apable of soothing even the loudest of riots and protests into a quiet peace and calmness. You will do anything to prevent death, including changing your act when it occurs.

When a player dies by non-execution your position on the duel/dance list is randomized (Credit to Blackajack for this one)
Once per game you may choose to entertain your fellow competitors and force a skip of the current voting phase and preventing the MAA Shot, Poisoner's Poison and the Current execution from taking place.

Gardener - The Lion Tamer
You don't want to hurt anyone - it's not in your nature. People are too precious to hurt. But come any closer to being a threat, and you'll be lion food.

Every Action Phase, you may choose a target.
This Player will no longer be able to guess anyone as the Gardener for the rest of the game.

Man at Arms - The Saboteur

A cut rope there, an untied knot there - oops, it seems the tightrope broke. That's so sad. If only there wasn't a safety net.

Once per voting phase, you may shoot one person. They will not survive the shot unless they are the Soldier. If you shoot the Soldier, the Soldier will kill you instead.
You can only shoot losers of duels/dances.
Additionally, you also gain an additional bullet every time you defeat a player in a duel or dance.
You cannot store more than 1 shot at a time.
The shooting is silent, meaning it does not reveal your role.
You start off with one shot.

Musician - The Composer

Perfect key, perfect playing... perfect music. The musician's hands dance across strings and keys as your notes rise and fall. No matter the tune, no matter the tempo, every song ascends to perfection in your grasp. Yet with a single twist, that song becomes an instrument of death.

At the beginning of the Action Phase, you will be notified of the intended winners of the accepted dances.
Three times per game, during the Action Phase, you may change the winner of a dance. PM the Moderator to use this power. You may only use this ability once on a dance you are involved in.

Mystic - The Fortune Teller

You tell phony fortunes to the common folk out there in the stands - how droll. The spirits would not waste their time on those freaks. But when your life is danger, maybe they might just help you out.

Once per game, if you are being executed, you may call on the spirits to change your identity - making the host execute the person you're mimicking.
The person you mimic must have voted for you AND lost a challenge.
You will become their role, and assume all attributes/gifts they had. You will keep your own mask name.

Nymph - The Contortionist

You can twist up your body to suit the crowd's needs each day, looking to please. Now you twist up your skills for survival.

Each dinner phase you may choose between 3 positions: The Fighter, the Neutral and the Dancer
When you're in the Dancer position you are moved to the top of the dance list and bottom of the duel
When you're in the Fighter position, you are moved to the top of the duel list and bottom of the dance
When you're in the Neutral you take a neutral stance in the middle(Above Mystic on Dance, Below on Duel)
You are immune to the MAA and the Poisoner when in the Neutral position only.
You start in the Neutral position.

Peasant - The Stagehand
You are a small little man, not destined for anything special. But helping behind the scenes has let a couple little secrets - if anything isn't how it should be, you will know.

You will be notified whenever the Blacksmith or the Musician interferes in a challenge.
You will be notified of any secret plate switches.
You will be notified of the original target for the poisoner.

Poisoner - The Vendor

You were once a simple man, selling popcorn to make your rent. Years of pushy crowds and underpayment has turned you bitter. Your art is now that of death, slipped unnoticed among familiar foods...

You may poison a player's food during the Voting Phase. If they eat it, they will die during the dinner phase. PM the Moderator to use this power.

Professor - The Critic

You are an expert in the field of social analysis. Whether it be his posture, or or his grin, or another tell that no one but you can pick up upon, all you need to determine the past, present, and true intentions of a man is to observe him carefully. You've used these abilities to ruin several circuses before - this one will be the next.

Whenever you guess a player's role, you may also submit a secondary guess to the moderator for the same player. If the secondary guess is correct, it will be displayed as your submitted guess, otherwise, your primary guess, whether correct or incorrect, will be displayed. Whenever you win a challenge, you may submit a third guess the following Dinner Phase.

Royal - The Ringmaster

You used to run this whole show - it was glorious. The fame, the smiling faces, the money... The position was stolen from you long ago, by a person much less worthy of your circus, but a tinge of your authority still hangs in the air. What could you use it for?

You have a second vote in the Voting Phase. PM the moderator to cast your second vote - it will show as the Royal in the vote count. You do not have to use this second vote.
Once per game, during the Voting Phase, you may force a vote - ending the vote prematurely. PM the Moderator to use this power.

Soldier - The Fire Eater

Dangerous tricks are your bread and butter, and risking death is like breathing to you. You have a large knowledge of first aid with it - should anything go wrong, you'll be fine. The saboteur? Perhaps not.

You are immune to poison.
You will kill the MAA if they try to kill you. You will remain anonymous.

Student - The Apprentice

You might be the greenhorn on the block, but you have a knack for learning like no other. You can pick up new skills quicker than anyone else. This ability will serve you well, as duelling and dancing are simply other skills.

Each time you lose a duel or dance, you move up two slots on the corresponding list. Dead players count as being on the lists.

Thief - The Pickpocket

The five finger discount has always done you well in the circus. People never watch their money with their eyes on the show. Switching their plates would be like taking candy from a baby.

You may switch player's plates up to 5 times each Dinner Phase secretly - they will be processed as if they are normal switches. The Peasant will be informed of what plates you switch. PM the Moderator to use this power.
If the poisoner dies, you will become the new poisoner.

Phases
The game itself has 4 phases. You may talk in all of them.

Challenge Phase
Spoiler: During the challenge phase, you may challenge anyone to a duel or a dance. The difference between the two depends on what role you have, but you may only challenge one person per phase.
Each person is given 1 deny at the start of the game, which they can use to refuse a challenge from another player. You can get more denies as a gift. This phase will last 24 hours; however, if challenges are made at the last minute, extra time will be given to compensate. Failure to accept or deny during this phase will lead to all challenges being auto-accepted.

Duel Listings:
Spoiler: Nymph - Fighter
Barbarian
Blacksmith
Soldier
Man At Arms
Blackmailer
Peasant
Poisoner
Mystic
Nymph - Neutral
Professor
Gardener
Court Jester
Student
Thief
Musician
Royal
Nymph - Dancer

Dance Listings
Spoiler: Nymph - Dancer
Royal
Musician
Thief
Court Jester
Blackmailer
Gardener
Peasant
Nymph - Neutral
Mystic
Professor
Poisoner
Soldier
Student
Man at Arms
Blacksmith
Barbarian
Nymph - Fighter

Action Phase
Spoiler: During this phase, most secondary actions will take place. Look at your role card to see when you can do each action.
After the action phase, duels and dances will be carried out and results given out.
This phase may be skipped if everyone alive wishes to. It must be unanimous, otherwise it will be 24 hours.

Voting Phase
Spoiler: Arguably the most important phase of the game.
Anyone who loses a duel or a dance is eligible for voting. The Royal can vote twice, but otherwise each person gets to vote once.
If you are voted off by the group, you will be formally executed and be officially removed from the game. Roles are not revealed upon death. Nobody can be executed on the first turn. This phase will last 48 hours, aside from the first turn, which will be 24 hours.

Additionally, during this phase, if you took part in a challenge you may PM me for your choice of gift. (You receive 1 gift for each challenge you participated in, win or lose.) Also, refer to your role card if you have an action to send in as well this phase.

There are 7 gifts to choose from -
Free guess - You can guess someone's role the following dinner phase. You cannot store free guesses, and you can only make one guess per dinner phase. If you do not use the free guess in the phase you acquire it, it will be wasted. You cannot have more than 1 of this gift.
Deny - You can get an additional deny to use for challenges. Every player starts with one of these.
Plate Switch - Free plate switch that allows you to pass your food to other people. Every player starts with one of these.
Guess Immunity - You may ask for guess immunity, preventing you from being guessed for that dinner phase. Any guesses on you will be rendered invalid, regardless of whether correct or not. This gift is automatically used on the phase you acquired it. You cannot have more than 1 of this gift.
Premium Food- Upon receiving this gift, you will be given food that cannot be poisoned. If the poisoner selected food that is premium, the poison will have no effect. This gift is automatically used on the phase you acquire it. You cannot have more than 1 of this gift.
Gift Reserve - This gift can be redeemed at any point later in the game for a gift of your choosing. You may only have one of these at a time.
Lottery Ticket - Should you be the only player to take this gift, the amount of gifts you get is doubled. (For peace of mind, please submit the extra gifts you would take should you successfully use the Lottery Ticket at the same time)

Dinner Phase
Spoiler: After all the other phases, the 16 will sit and eat dinner. During this time, you can choose to swap plates with anybody else. Every player starts with a plate switch to do this. Poisoned food will immediately kill the eater unless they are the Soldier or have premium food. The thief can make five hidden PM swaps.
This is also when you make guesses. If you do not have a Free Guess active, you may make a Death Stake Guess (or DSG for short); however, if you are wrong, you will be executed. 24 hours, as usual. If no declaration of a switch (or a noswitch) is given, you will not switch at all.

If you want to signup, please type /join and give yourself an animal mask. There are 16 spots.
A notice for this game: I will be accepting animal masks only. If you do not choose an acceptable mask, your /join will be ignored.

1. Watt2015: The Phoenix
2. Determinus: The Alien
3. Bluedetroyer: The Dog
4. SamuelJackson1972: The Hydra
5. Chemist1422: The Raptor
6. KingoftheRocks: The Gazelle
7. TheEyeOfRed: The Hawk
8. BRVR: The Snake
9. Technetium: The Mongoose
10. Phone0Ix: The Stingray
11. cupcakeaj2: The Duck
12. Cenvil2: The Queen Bee
13. TimeToReap: The Spider Monkey
14. Timurtheking: The Salamander
15. PokemonKidRyan: The Swan
16. XerxesLeFan: The Moth

Backups:
1. RevengeoftheRaccoon: The Raccoon
2. WinAHotDog: The Lamprey
Last edited by EyeOfTheTiger on Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:39 pm, edited 41 times in total.
EyeOfTheTiger
Transporter
Transporter

Re: BtM: Episode 11 [Signups]

Postby Chemist1422 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:07 am

/join as the Yoshi

This okay?
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby TheEyeOfRed » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:08 am

/join as the Hawk
boi
Rest in piece Cinnamon.
2012-June 29, 2017
Sleep tight, ya fatso.

We die in the dark, so you may live in the light.

Secure. Contain. Protect.
TheEyeOfRed
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Chemist1422 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:10 am

Chemist1422 wrote:/join as the Yoshi

This okay?

If not I’ll /join as the Raptor
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby EyeOfTheTiger » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:16 am

Chemist1422 wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:/join as the Yoshi

This okay?

If not I’ll /join as the Raptor

Taking the Raptor.

Oh, forgot to mention. Meet my glamorous assistant, tardispaten!
He's going to be helping me with challenge lists and vote counts. Play nice with him, alright?
EyeOfTheTiger
Transporter
Transporter

Postby BRVR » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:01 am

/join as The Snake
THE GREAT KIJAH IS BACK AND IS HERE TO STAY!
I AM OPEN TO MAKING NEW FRIENDS TO FILL THE VOID IN MY HEART OF SADNESS!
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby EyeOfTheTiger » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:02 am

RevengeoftheRaccoon wrote:i'm sorry but i won't be joining due to not struggling with life and my own game
but
/backup as the Raccoon

Don't worry about it! Everyone's got their priorities.
Besides, I wouldn't want you messing up your own game to focus on mine.
EyeOfTheTiger
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Technetium » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:07 am

/join as the Mongoose

In memory of those who have been deleted.
The last poster to survive Blindside Island will win a cookie. Or perhaps 1500...
Technetium#8515 on Discord
Technetium
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Phone0Ix » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:04 am

/join as the Stingray
Call me Phone Ig

Or Silver because of my old discord name. Or Mikan because of my new discord name. Or Julian as that's my actual name
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby Determinus » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:19 am

/confirm I'm here
Determinus

Postby cupcakeaj2 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:33 am

/join as the Duck
Spoiler: Repertoire

Mad Scientist

Prophet

Blacksmith

Anonymous

Forum Mafia Games:

ALL:

5 - 6 - 2

TOWN:

3 - 4 - 1

MAFIA:

2 - 3 - 0

OTHER:

0 - 0 - 1
cupcakeaj2
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Cenvil2 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:36 am

/join as Quenn Bee
Cenvil2

Postby Bluedetroyer » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:38 am

Cenvil2 wrote:/join as Quenn Bee

What's a quenn?
I own 3 dogs and 3 cats.
hello

Behind the Mask Record

1-1

Spoiler: BtM: School Trouble - Loner (Deceiver) - guesses DP8 - Chef (poisoner) win
IDDY BtM - Pesant - Pesant (me) win

Bluedetroyer
Witch
Witch

Postby Determinus » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:48 am

Bluedetroyer wrote:

What's a quenn?

Someone join as Queen Bee so he's stuck with Quenn
Determinus

Postby TheEyeOfRed » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:52 am

Bluedetroyer wrote:

What's a quenn?

*insert sexual innuedo here*
Rest in piece Cinnamon.
2012-June 29, 2017
Sleep tight, ya fatso.

We die in the dark, so you may live in the light.

Secure. Contain. Protect.
TheEyeOfRed
Survivor
Survivor

Postby TimeToReap » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:59 am

/join as the Kookaburra

idk i was told to
if you are wondering where i have gone check my website

Locking myself out of this account now *dab*
TimeToReap
Doctor
Doctor

Postby timurtheking » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:31 pm

/join as the Salamanda Panda
Check out my ideas:
The Philosophers (New Faction)
Witch Change/buff

Just remembering the good times when this forum was alive :))

Best known for; hosting The Room FG series and being the Right Hand of Game's Hub
timurtheking
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Technetium » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:31 pm

the what

In memory of those who have been deleted.
The last poster to survive Blindside Island will win a cookie. Or perhaps 1500...
Technetium#8515 on Discord
Technetium
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Bluedetroyer » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:34 pm

timurtheking wrote:/join as the Salamanda Panda

I'm 90% sure that isn't a real animal
I own 3 dogs and 3 cats.
hello

Behind the Mask Record

1-1

Spoiler: BtM: School Trouble - Loner (Deceiver) - guesses DP8 - Chef (poisoner) win

Bluedetroyer
Witch
Witch

Postby EyeOfTheTiger » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:34 pm

You get the Salamander or the Panda.
Choose one.
EyeOfTheTiger
Transporter
Transporter

Postby timurtheking » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:39 pm

EyeOfTheTiger wrote:

You get the Salamander or the Panda.
Choose one.

salamander
Check out my ideas:
The Philosophers (New Faction)
Witch Change/buff

Just remembering the good times when this forum was alive :))

Best known for; hosting The Room FG series and being the Right Hand of Game's Hub
timurtheking
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby TimeToReap » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:43 pm

I like your thinking...

/swap mask to Spider Monkey if I can...
if you are wondering where i have gone check my website

Locking myself out of this account now *dab*
TimeToReap
Doctor
Doctor

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:50 pm

Join as The Swan
My personality:
Spoiler: Image

My alts were EdwardMidford and TsuchiyaTenaka. I apologise profusely for being bad and hiding behind them. I ask for forgiveness but know that won't be a simple feat. Please stop bringing up my past, as I'm striving towards a new future. I just sometimes struggle to show that I truly want said change.
PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby tardispaten » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:10 pm

TimeToReap wrote:

I like your thinking...

/swap mask to Spider Monkey if I can...

That's a real animal :thinking:

And heyo! Looking forward to helping the ring leader. Feels nice to sit back and take things a little more steady than hosting as main for games. Also helps me with the pace of uni stuff and mental health. Hopefully join you guys after the next few games when I should be free and much better.
I'm the alpha wolf with the howl that is worse than my bite!
A gentle, caring creature that will gladly be your companion or let you become part of the pack.

BtM: Main mask - The Wolf
Spoiler: Image

Death Note Moderator

tardispaten

Postby Bluedetroyer » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:39 pm

1 more person

also pageget
I own 3 dogs and 3 cats.
hello

Behind the Mask Record

1-1

Bluedetroyer
Witch
Witch

Next

Return to Completed/Abandoned Games