BtM Upick - Zombigeddon - Game Over - The Hosts Win

A place for old, unplayed, and completed games go to lie.

BtM Upick - Zombigeddon - Game Over - The Hosts Win

Postby tardispaten » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:53 pm

Six years ago, a terrible virus had plagued the South Coast created by the notorious Black Cat (code-named Juliet Capulet) and worked alongside with their partner the Goat (code-named Scout). The head conspirator, the Wolf, alongside with the Swan and Stallion had as well made the world a crueler place, after sending bombs to destroy the Southern states, only to have infected the water and crops in the Northern states which eventually spread across the globe. The Wolf now had the chance to become the hero, while solving the war, poverty and hunger crisis by reducing the population. The Black Cat had perfected an antidote that would kill half of the zombie population infected with certain enzymes, while reverting those not infected with those enzymes back to human, as well as antidotes for the recently infected that are still managing to hold out by themselves, but only just. The Wolf sighed heavily with a heavy heart. He had destroyed the world to make it better, but it would be worth it. He then turned around and faced his 16 hand picked recruits. "TEN HUT!" he yelled...

Welcome, to the beginning of the end... The end, of the Zombie Apocalypse. This is BtM Zombigeddon 2, a Upick adventure

Roles:

(Unknown until the joined player makes their role. Roles will be made by me and two other game hosts)

The role cards:

The Spirograph

This role is OP

Protagonist

Baldi

The Private Investigator

Winner

Cinnamon Roll

Alpha Zombie

Exurb1a

Disco Ninja

The dreadful beast Cthulhu

Miraak

Matthew Malloy

Squip

Simon Bolivar

Aiges

Challenge Phase:

- As per usual in other BtM games, players have an option to either dance or duel another player. Rules will be enforced much harsher, meaning that a specific posting requirement has to be met when challenging or performing actions (whether it be in the main thread or private messaging). In order for a valid challenge, you must post the challenge in italics and have it bolded, as well as having the '/' present. For example "/Duel the Swan."
- You may only send one challenge per phase. This means you can do either a dance or a duel. Not both. However, there is no limit to how many people can challenge you.
- When responding to a challenge, just as you would send a challenge or actions, you must follow the formatting (to make sure that the rules have been read and this has been understood, you must also use the format when you join the game. This will not be mentioned on how to join, so make sure you have read everything before signing up).
- No challenges are valid providing yet again, they follow the same format.
- Failure to make a challenge will result in an automatic no challenge. Those who have not responded to their challenges will be auto accepted.
- Challenges will last for 48 hours or once everyone has made a challenge. If all challenges have been made, but there is at least six hours of challenging left, I will keep the phase going to allow time for me and the other hosts to register player challenges.

Duel:

Simon Bolivar
Spirograph
Aiges
Matthew Malloy
The dreaded beast Cthulhu
Winner
Alpha Zombie
Squip
Baldi
Cinnamon Roll
Protagonist
Private Investigator
Exurb1a
Miraak
Disco Ninja

Dance:

Disco Ninja
Winner
Miraak
Exurb1a
Protagonist
Private Investigator
Baldi
Matthew Malloy
Aiges
Cinnamon Roll
Squip
Alpha Zombie
Spirograph
The dreaded beast Cthulhu
Simon Bolivar

Action Phase:

- Roles with abilities that are used during the Action Phase can PM the General (as well as his Lieutenants PokemonKidRyan and ElusiveBelle)
- At the moderator’s discretion, players may use their actions should they have any to use within this phase. Remember to use the correct formatting set. You can change your actions if you wish to within the allotted time while using the specified format
- The results for duels and dances will be posted at the end of the Action Phase
- This phase will last for 24 hours

Voting Phase:

-The Voting Phase will still occur during the first round, but no players will be voted and no execution will occur.
-Any player who lost a duel or dance during the past Challenge Phase is a valid vote target.
-The player with the most votes at the end of the phase will be executed (This will be plurality based, not majority based)
-For each challenge participated in (no matter if won or lost) the player earns one gift. Gifts are revealed at the end of the Voting Phase. Gifts must be sent to the General as well as his Lieutenants (See gifts for what you can recieve)
-Any roles that have abilities in the voting phase will be able to use their ability then
- This phase will last for 48 hours. You are able to change your vote as many times as you wish providing you use the same format as actions in thread and private messages

IMPORTANT!
Everyone must vote someone, including the first voting phase (despite there being no execution). This will show us whether you are active or not. If you fail to make a vote the first time, you will be prodded for inactivity. The second time you fail to make a vote, you will be replaced.

Gifts:

Extra Deny- grants an extra deny to deny a challenge (see Challenge Phase) (each player starts with one unlimited deny. This can only be used during the first challenge phase. If you don't use it for the first phase, it will become a regular one)
Extra Switch- grants an extra plate switch to swap plates (see Dinner Phase) (each player starts with one switch)
Free Guess- during the upcoming Dinner Phase, you may make a guess as to a player’s role. If you are correct, they will be executed. You may only choose one of this gift per round.
Guess Immunity- you are not a valid guess target during the next Dinner Phase.
Premium Food- you are not a valid Poisoner target during the Voting Phase (you can still be poisoned if your plate is switched)
Gift Reserve - This gift can be redeemed at any point later in the game for a gift of your choosing. You can only hold up to 3 of this gift at a time.

Dinner phase:

- Each player is given a plate of food.
- You may “/switch” the food of any two players, consuming a plate switch (each player begins with one plate switch).
- Once you have no switched or switched, your action is locked. However, if a player was to have "/no switched" and someone was to switch plates with them, then the player that locked their plate is able to decide whether they would switch then or keep the swapped plate. The second time it's locked, it remains locked, even if a third person was to swap with you. Once a plate has been swapped to you, you cannot swap it with the person who swapped with you. Remember, correct format is key as it can lead to your survival (if the format is incorrect, the plate will still remain in your possession until rectified)
- At the end of the phase, each player eats the food in front of them.
- As this is Upick, it is currently unknown what will happen if a person eats tainted food
- Any abilities that can be used during the dinner phase can be used here (remember to format correctly)
- In addition, if you received a free guess as a gift, you must use it during the Dinner Phase. If you are correct, that player will be executed at the end of the Dinner Phase. All attempted guesses are revealed at the end of the Dinner Phase.
- If you do not have a free guess, you may still make a guess as to another player’s role as normal. However, if you are incorrect, you will be executed.

Testing Roles/Mechanics:

- Phases will last 48 hours (whereas action phase will last for 24 hours)
- Alliances are allowed (with ALL THREE HOSTS included either in Forum PM chain or a group DM. Make sure if you make a discord alliance to post the link to all three of us)
- Wills are not allowed
- Based on the details you pm me and the other hosts (more details in "How to sign up?")

Rules of inactivity:

As stated above, phases will last 48 hours with the exception of Action Phase (24 hours). However, if a player does not make a post within 26 hours, then they will be prodded (action phase is an exception to this rule). After the initial prod, the player will need to respond to the hosts and the thread, which must be done within 10 hours of the prod (overall, 36 hours). If a player has not responded by this time, they will be replaced. A similar rule will apply. If you go inactive and you have been prodded three times overall in the game, you will be replaced (even after confirming via pms and thread). If you feel like you may be busy and subject to being prodded due to being on holiday or have no internet, let the hosts know in advance, and we may make an exception for you. However, those with actions that could be used in action phase that is limited/unlimited, please send us a courteous "/no action" .

How to Join?

In order to be considered into the game, you must join by doing the usual "/join" and with an animal mask. As well as an animal mask, you will need to then send me and the other two mods pms a name of a role you would wish to use. For example, it can be gardener, Donald Trump or Queen Mab. Once a name/role has been given (but do not make it too easy to guess), the other two mods will be creating the roles based on the names given. The game will not start until the roles have been made and then have been confirmed after 24 hours of sending the roles out. If a person does not confirm, then a backup will use the original role that has been created for the replaced player.

List of mods and their colours:

tardispaten (The Wolf) - #FF0080
PokemonKidRyan (The Swan) - #FF0000
ElusiveBelle (The Stallion) - #004000

(Please refrain from using colours as coloured text by the mods are for when phases are moving or for flavour posts)

IMPORTANT!!!
You will not be on the player list without meeting the required criteria when signing up.

DIFFERENCES IN THIS GAME (READ THEM)

- There will be no alliances this time round. You will be solely working together, unless there is a role that allows partners to work together and potentially share victory together
- All three hosts must be messaged. If one of us is messaged and the others are not, then more than likely, the action/gift will be missed since we would be unable to double check the sheets.
- When messaging, make sure to label your messages like this:
BtM Upick - Challenge Phase
BtM Upick - Action Phase
BtM Upick - Voting Phase
BtM Upick - Dinner Phase

Remember! I will be making separate pm boxes which should hopefully get all actions and what have you in those folders. If they are not labeled, then they will be cluttered in my messy inbox, and gifts/actions may be missed/disregarded.
- All messages are to be sent on the forums this time. No exceptions unless you do not have access to the forums or anything, and you warn us why
- Obviously, choose new role names!

The things that will remain the same. The way you format your challenges, and the current flavour. Do not use the flavour to try and guess a person's role, as you cannot flavour solve roles this way.

Aside from that, good luck all, and let's all have a better game!
Last edited by tardispaten on Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:21 am, edited 25 times in total.
I'm the alpha wolf with the howl that is worse than my bite!
A gentle, caring creature that will gladly be your companion or let you become part of the pack.

BtM: Main mask - The Wolf
Spoiler: Image

Death Note Moderator

tardispaten
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Re: BtM Upick - Zombigeddon (Part 2)|Re-rolled!

Postby tardispaten » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:54 pm

Reserved for host

Players:

1. TimetoReap - Kookaburra - Killed Voting Phase 1 by the Spirograph
2. Chemist1422 - Yoshi - Guessed out as the Cinnamon Roll by Tanuki
3. npromin1 - Serpent
4. Jalandh - Opossum - Killed by the Spirograph Voting Phase 4
5. yauaustin202 - Dragon
6. Technitium - Goose - Executed Dinner Phase 5
7. Multiuniverse - Hummingbird - Executed Voting Phase 4
8. Cenvil - Blue Crab
9. VucubCaquix - Parrot - DSG'd as the Winner by the Snoot Dinner Phase 2 (Tiger)
10. EyeOfTheTiger - Tanuki - Executed Voting Phase 6
11. Lemonader666 - Hippogriff - Shot by the Spirograph Voting Phase 2
12. QnSb* - Wyvern - Executed Voting Phase 2
13. BRVR - Snoot - Shot by the Spirograph Voting Phase 3
14. BlueDetoryer - The Dog<XerxesLeFan - Behemoth
15. TheEyeOfRed - Hawk - Murdered Voting Phase 4
16. timurtheking - King Frog - Executed Voting Phase 6

Backups (Open and will remain open even when game is in session)

1. FoxoftheVoid
2. Moleland
3. Free
4. Free
5. Free
(Slots can be added if needs be)
Last edited by tardispaten on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:28 am, edited 20 times in total.
A gentle, caring creature that will gladly be your companion or let you become part of the pack.

Death Note Moderator

tardispaten

Postby QnSb » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:58 pm

Was kind of hoping you'd redo the signups just so I could reclaim my old mask
Click this 'cause I'm unoriginal!
She/her pronouns please
QnSb
Jester
Jester

Postby KingoftheRocks » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:59 pm

well

now what
KingoftheRocks wrote:also of course my combat trial
would end up f***ing a fire slime and become a half reptile
and being won
by giving a slime couple relationship counseling

*click this spoiler for my sig.

KingoftheRocks
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Jalandh » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:59 pm

QnSb wrote:Was kind of hoping you'd redo the signups just so I could reclaim my old mask

KEK
Use your full power. Take out your soul weapon, and do your best. Otherwise...

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Technetium » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:00 pm

Clarification: Do I have to /join again or do I just have to send in a role name?

In memory of those who have been deleted.
The last poster to survive Blindside Island will win a cookie. Or perhaps 1500...
Technetium#8515 on Discord
Technetium
Godfather
Godfather

Postby KingoftheRocks » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:02 pm

I don't know what name to use now

Anything I use people can pair me too
and being won

KingoftheRocks
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby QnSb » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:04 pm

KingoftheRocks wrote:I don't know what name to use now

Use "KingoftheRocks" as your role name, nobody will expect you to use that
She/her pronouns please
QnSb
Jester
Jester

Postby KingoftheRocks » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:05 pm

QnSb wrote:

My urge to actually do that
and being won

KingoftheRocks
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby QnSb » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:06 pm

KingoftheRocks wrote:
QnSb wrote:

My urge to actually do that

Yeah do that 'cause especially now that I've said it, nobody will expect it
She/her pronouns please
QnSb
Jester
Jester

Postby tardispaten » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:06 pm

You know what, I'll wipe the current masks. You're all guaranteed places. Feel free to use new mask names if you wish to. Though send me and the other two hosts role names in forum pms please~

Death Note Moderator

tardispaten

Postby KingoftheRocks » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:07 pm

/mask as :devil:
and being won

KingoftheRocks
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Technetium » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:10 pm

Can I keep my mask same as before?

The last poster to survive Blindside Island will win a cookie. Or perhaps 1500...
Technetium
Godfather
Godfather

Postby tardispaten » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:14 pm

KingoftheRocks wrote:/mask as :devil:

Preferbly an animal mask please to make flavour consistent

Death Note Moderator

tardispaten

Postby KingoftheRocks » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:16 pm

tardispaten wrote:
KingoftheRocks wrote:/mask as :devil:

Preferbly an animal mask please to make flavour consistent

Devil isn't an animal

sadness

/mask as Blue Crab
and being won

KingoftheRocks
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby QnSb » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:20 pm

I was actually joking but
/mask as Wyvern then
She/her pronouns please
QnSb
Jester
Jester

Postby Jalandh » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:22 pm

/mask as the Opposum
Use your full power. Take out your soul weapon, and do your best. Otherwise...

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby BRVR » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:24 pm

/snoot
I WONDER WHAT WONDERS AWAIT IN THIS APOCALYPSE! SO MUCH CHAOS CHAOS! (12/15)
Last edited by BRVR on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE GREAT KIJAH IS BACK AND IS HERE TO STAY!
I AM OPEN TO MAKING NEW FRIENDS TO FILL THE VOID IN MY HEART OF SADNESS!
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby TheEyeOfRed » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:27 pm

/Hawk
Rest in piece Cinnamon.
2012-June 29, 2017
Sleep tight, ya fatso.

We die in the dark, so you may live in the light.

Secure. Contain. Protect.
TheEyeOfRed
Survivor
Survivor

Postby KingoftheRocks » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:27 pm

For the record I really like my idea

No one guess me please
and being won

KingoftheRocks
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby QnSb » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:28 pm

KingoftheRocks wrote:For the record I really like my idea

No one guess me please

You mean mine?
She/her pronouns please
QnSb
Jester
Jester

Postby EyeOfTheTiger » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:30 pm

Same.
I'm having to physically restrain myself from using a name that I know Tech would nail me in 0.2 seconds for. QwQ

/join as Tanuki
EyeOfTheTiger
Transporter
Transporter

Postby KingoftheRocks » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:30 pm

QnSb wrote:

No one guess me please

You mean mine?

Sadly I was debating doing that but instead I went with BRV-

shit
and being won

KingoftheRocks
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Technetium » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:32 pm

EyeOfTheTiger wrote:

Same.
I'm having to physically restrain myself from using a name that I know Tech would nail me in 0.2 seconds for. QwQ

/join as Tanuki

Does the name idea reference a game I have at some point suggested to you perhaps?

Technetium
Godfather
Godfather

Postby BRVR » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:37 pm

KingoftheRocks wrote:
QnSb wrote:

No one guess me please

You mean mine?

Sadly I was debating doing that but instead I went with BRV-

shit

you probably would get the ability to Annoy a player and RB them. Then you may give a player a fake rolelist that will make them guess you
THE GREAT KIJAH IS BACK AND IS HERE TO STAY!
I AM OPEN TO MAKING NEW FRIENDS TO FILL THE VOID IN MY HEART OF SADNESS!
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Next

Return to Completed/Abandoned Games