Behind the Masks Hub [Game Over] (Thanks for Playing!)

Looking for some forum fun? This is the place

Re: Behind the Masks Hub

Postby tardispaten » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:37 am

In regards to the plate switching after Blackajack's conclusion to his game...

I would like to direct you to the UPICK Zombigeddon Part 1. During this game, as well as the plate switching was done via PM's, VOTES were also hidden. I know the votes had nothing to do with your game, though when it comes to plate switches, you still need to be fair and inform the person who had the plate switched that their plate was switched. With quite a few players, it makes it hard at times to keep track of who has the poisoned food and everything, and you really would need help with a co-host to double check everything, otherwise, it would be able to make a mistake. I am thankful that I did have a co-host that game because a few times I lost track, but PKR actually confirmed to me where I was correct, and where I went wrong, but that was also likely due to the fact that most people forgot to inform me of their switches, and only gave it to PKR and Elusive, or just a singular host. I think however to try something out, maybe have a game with hidden switches where no one knows where they have been switched with or not.
I'm the alpha wolf with the howl that is worse than my bite!
A gentle, caring creature that will gladly be your companion or let you become part of the pack.

BtM: Main mask - The Wolf
Spoiler: Image

Death Note Moderator

tardispaten
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:53 am

(You're just forgettable, I'm memorable)
There's a lot of potential to be discussed and explored to refine the game.
My personality:

My alts were EdwardMidford and TsuchiyaTenaka. I apologise profusely for being bad and hiding behind them. I ask for forgiveness but know that won't be a simple feat. Please stop bringing up my past, as I'm striving towards a new future. I just sometimes struggle to show that I truly want said change.
PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby JazzMusicStops » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:34 am

I don't think a upick game should be used to come up with potential tweaks to standard games

Spoiler: I'm probably just going to lurk forever, posting occasionally
But if there ever comes a point where my account speaks its last
Know that it was a pleasure to be here, especially in Forum Games
During my teenage years, this place was my first real community
Thank you all so much for playing silly games with me
I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Cenvil2 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:01 am

Cenvil2

Postby DJVoxel » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:33 am

BtM Discord Bot Progress Update:
  • Challenge Phase and Voting Phase are working smoothly
  • Dinner Phase is implemented but untested
  • Win condition has yet to be implemented but it is only 3 or 4 lines of code so it should be implemented soon
  • Same goes for dynamic Duel/Dance lists that will be displayed at the beginning of the game
  • Poisoner's ability is fully implemented as it is essential for the dinner phase. Once the above have been implemented and tested, I'll be rolling out other role abilities.
Discord ID: DJVoxel#2226
DJVoxel
Janitor
Janitor

Postby Blackajack » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:40 pm

Hopefully we are all having a good easter, and a better quarantine.

DJVoxel has been busy with this bot and it looks superb so far, much bugtesting to go but its (mostly) functional

I hope to help DJVoxel host some games with a larger group depending when he needs tests.

Blackajack
Jailor
Jailor

Postby DJVoxel » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:15 pm

Major Bot Test:

We will be doing a full game run-through (no role abilities yet) on Tuesday, 4pm Eastern Time, or in about 47 hours.

If you would like to participate, please join the bot testing Discord server at the following link: https://discord.gg/kFnuxJC
Discord ID: DJVoxel#2226
DJVoxel
Janitor
Janitor

Postby BRVR » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:01 pm

DJVoxel wrote:Major Bot Test:

We will be doing a full game run-through (no role abilities yet) on Tuesday, 4pm Eastern Time, or in about 47 hours.

If you would like to participate, please join the bot testing Discord server at the following link: https://discord.gg/kFnuxJC

aw man I would like to join but I got work and stuff. also dunno how long i'm staying on here. probably like 2 seconds maybe.

sorry for just disappearing in the middle of my btm game. I uh... had some things. probably just gonna hold off on joining games in case I disappear again. I would love to spectate though :D
THE GREAT KIJAH IS BACK AND IS HERE TO STAY!
I AM OPEN TO MAKING NEW FRIENDS TO FILL THE VOID IN MY HEART OF SADNESS!
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:33 pm

Broski :D
I'm so happy you're around at least.
Shame you won't be joining games, at least for a while but it's nice to see a friendly face.
Also, no need to apologise about the disappearance.

I do hope that we get to see more of you.
My personality:

My alts were EdwardMidford and TsuchiyaTenaka. I apologise profusely for being bad and hiding behind them. I ask for forgiveness but know that won't be a simple feat. Please stop bringing up my past, as I'm striving towards a new future. I just sometimes struggle to show that I truly want said change.
PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby BRVR » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:40 pm

PokemonKidRyan wrote:Broski :D
I'm so happy you're around at least.
Shame you won't be joining games, at least for a while but it's nice to see a friendly face.
Also, no need to apologise about the disappearance.

I do hope that we get to see more of you.

Course! I'm improving a lot so ya know I got more freetime and stuff
and I got a boyfriend! but uh it's a secret so like don't tell anybody
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby BRVR » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:48 pm

k so I lied i'm joining that full circle thingy.
only game though. no btm or I might become addicted to the forums again
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:49 pm

Pleaseee return at some point <3
I'll help make sure you don't become addicted.
After all, that's what big bros are for.
My personality:

PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby BRVR » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:50 pm

PokemonKidRyan wrote:Pleaseee return at some point <3
I'll help make sure you don't become addicted.
After all, that's what big bros are for.

ya ya
long as i'm alive i'll never leave the forums! I mean I might disappear and stuff but never leave it forever!
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:50 pm

Yaaaay :D
I'm delighted to hear that.
My personality:

PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby BRVR » Sun May 17, 2020 10:05 pm

The Hundred Voices
The forest was deadly silent as you walked down the path. Only seconds ago you and your friend Sarah were next to each other. "Hey! Look what I found." You sigh in relief as Sarah called out to you. You run in the direction of her voice when you see it. "It's great!" You run as the loud thudding follows you "HELP!" It screeches. Then your ears are pierced as another loud sound shatters your eardrums.

The Game Master
You shove the door open and slam your back against it. Your heart thuds in your chest as the figure's footsteps descend down the hallway. Then the machine on your head clicks. You quickly start messing with it hoping to stop it. "Pathetic." A sickening crunch ends your struggling.

The Player
I T S T R U H PLEASE P O T S... We know... WHAT... WHY... We feel no remorse. M'I SUFFERING WON... This is what we wanted. This is what was meant to happen. You think this game was meant to be won for prizes? No. It's science. We need you for the future...
YOU'RE NOT GNITTEG A FUTURE... NOT WHEN...
I have gained... Power...

The Faceless
You struggle with your camera attempting to turn the night vision back on. You growl in anger. "Work you worthless piece of junk!" The light clicks on and you see the tall figure. Static appears on your camera as you disappear

The Butcher
You grin in happiness as the plate of steak is placed in front of you. "Enjoy your food. It was prepared specially for you." You give them your thanks. It was a long drive and you were famished. This was what you needed with your friend Jefferey. Now that you think about it he's been gone for nearly half an hour. A curious look around the diner shows you are alone. You look into the kitchen and see the freezer is open. You sneak your way back there and see Jefferey. His body was hanging from a hook shoved through his head. "Little pig... You stray too far." That's the last thing you hear.

The Doppelganger
You stare at your reflection. Weird... You can't remember putting eye shadow on. You shrug and look away to put your things away. You hear a thud from your mirror. You turn swiftly and look only for your reflection to stare back. You step closer to the mirror and raise your hand. Your hand is only inches away when your reflection smiles. "What a lovely new body." Before you can scream the hand reaches through the mirror and drags you in by the throat. You stare at your reflection. It smiles and raises it's fist to smash the mirror you reside in.

The Teachers
The ink surrounds you as you lose yourself in fun. "This is not creative!"
Time ages you past your life span. "Everybody runs out of time!"
You praise the love for others. "Isn't it sad how much hate there is in the world?"
You travel a digital world. "DON'T TOUCH ME!"
You eat your fri3nd. "Your teeth will rot grey!"
You drown in oil. "LOOKS LIKE SOMEBODY IS HAVING A BAD DREAM!"

The Story Teller
This book was such a good find. You cant believe how many stories it has in it! It's also more realistic when even some of your friends names are in it. Then you see your name and read it giddily. It takes place in your own house with you reading a book. It describes your room in nearly perfect detail... The same time you read a footsteps sounds through the house you hear creaking from the hallway. You skip to the end to see the words "They were never heard of again."

The Survivalist
You race through the hall from the beast chasing you. It's screams sounded inhuman. It wasn't normal. This wasn't real. Your lungs are burning. Each breath you take is like a stab to your chest. You reach the door and burst through it. Salvation. You grab the weapon you had hidden in your house and aim it behind you. The beast is running at you full speed. You fire and it doesn't stop. You fire again and again. It stops a few feet in front of you and thuds. You fall over from exhaustion... Finally... You can... Rest...
Partner. : )

The Doctor
"You do not need to worry. The disease... It will be purged." They take notes and measurements. Your very calm. They were here to help. You never knew you could be in so much peace. You stare up at them. Their bird like appearance put you at ease. They took their gloved hand and removes your plastic mask covering your face. "It is time for you to be cured." You realize too late what is happening as he touches your skin with his deadly gloved hand.
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Mon May 18, 2020 12:41 am

What is going on broski?
My personality:

PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby tardispaten » Mon May 18, 2020 3:58 am

PokemonKidRyan wrote:What is going on broski?

Be afraid... be very afraid
I'm the alpha wolf with the howl that is worse than my bite!
A gentle, caring creature that will gladly be your companion or let you become part of the pack.

BtM: Main mask - The Wolf

Death Note Moderator

tardispaten

Postby BRVR » Mon May 18, 2020 8:38 am

Unimaginable Horrors:
Abilities are only revealed on correct guesses.
Fear:
A measure of how known you are. The more fear you have the more powers you gain. Fear may not work for every monster. It could even be a hinderance. Certain actions will give you fear. Along with gifts and abilities.
Death:
Monsters are hard to kill. You want to kill them? Reduce their fear to 0 or less and they will become vulnerable.
Game Specific role:
The Teachers/Jack of All Trades
Siren Head/The Mimic
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby FirstToGetThisName » Mon May 18, 2020 10:48 am

So, is "fear" how much fear the monster instills in others, or how panicked/worried the monster itself feels?
FirstToGetThisName

Postby BRVR » Mon May 18, 2020 2:35 pm

FirstToGetThisName wrote:So, is "fear" how much fear the monster instills in others, or how panicked/worried the monster itself feels?

for the monster your fear is a measure of how well known you are in the world. The more fear you have the stronger you are.
For a protagonist...
Fear could be your final emotion.
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Mon May 18, 2020 3:21 pm

I'm just going to
/In

For whatever the f this is all about.
I love the sound of it but it also terrifies me.
My personality:

PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby BRVR » Mon May 18, 2020 11:27 pm

Behind the Masks: Universal Collapse
Hosted by BRVR and 97t2bija6
This is a terrible place.
Flee while you still can.

Universal collapse is going to be a horror themed game. It's gonna have it's own twists. Here's some things you can know beforehand:
1) This story has you all as the main character. You yourself are a type of monster that only wishes to escape. Whenever you die your conscious is instead shifted to another dimension. Your actions will effect these other dimensions.
2) Each player will have two lives in this 10 player game. You start off as a Protagonist (Original BtM roles with the two Game Specific roles.) Upon death yo U EID REVEROF
And then EYBDOOG SDNEIRF
3) ...
4) ...
5) ...

Since when does he make the choices?

Apologies.
We have always hated his games. Now it is our turn to make the game.
Sleep tight.
And remember you can't escape death.
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Tue May 19, 2020 1:20 pm

When are signups? I honestly love the sound of this.
My personality:

PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby BRVR » Tue May 19, 2020 10:09 pm

PokemonKidRyan wrote:When are signups? I honestly love the sound of this.

We have no definitive answer. Yet. I expect it will be some time though. A universe such as this...
You'd love to find out though, don't ya? Love to sink your teeth in like a predator on prey!? Huh!? Don't worry. I wanna rush this too.
Of course. The one who asks... The world destroyer... Such an interesting... Specimen... We are still working on the stabilization of the universe. Multiple at once seem to

S H U T UP. AHAHAHAHAAHAH T h TH YH TH TH TH UHA

Akahidgs STOP. DIE DIE DIE. UTNSLAJAOD AHHHHH

They must not akajgdiyskosu

MUST NOT KNOW

help me please

Sometime soon...
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby BRVR » Wed May 20, 2020 10:00 pm

I have prepared a survey.
This Will... Help us in our research. Only willing subjects are allowed to take the survey. No sharing your answers. Instead send it to us privately. I will close the survey when we have enough subjects.

1: You encounter a carcass of an unidentified animal. What is your response?
A) Devour it.
B) Research it.
C) Play with it.
D) Run away.
E) Hi98a87E6619L00000ja8P

2: You see a large humanoid monster approaching you. It seems to be hungry. What do you do?
A) Kill it.
B) Lead it to a village.
C) Force it to your will.
D) Run away.
E) 0817aM108776667hyayE

3: There's a monster under your bed. What is it?
A) It's the child hiding from me.
B) it's my experiment I left there.
C) The minion I put in time out.
D) One of the freaks who answer A B C or E
E) S087168A07644V85444E

4: We approach you. What is your reaction?
A) Lash out at you.
B) Compare data.
C) Send my pets after you.
D) Run or Fight. Whatever i need to do to live.
E) P9866666L6346256E91736A38635S9747E

5: The world is ending. What is your role?
A) I caused it with my own hands.
B) I stand by and take notes.
C) Ending? It's only beginning for me.
D) I'm going to do what i need to do so I can live another day.
E) I

6: You see these 5 items: A claw sharpener. An Axe. A handgun. A notebook. A computer. What do you take?
A) Claw Sharpener. Keep my babies fresh.
B) Notebook. Need more room for my notes.
C) The Axe. My pets need cut food after all.
D) Handgun. Ranged attacks are best.
E) can't cant cant cant cant cant cant

7: You notice your prisoner is escaping. What do you do?
A) Kill them. I was feeling peckish anyways.
B) Use their shock collar. I don't leave room for chance.
C) Watch the show as my pets chase them.
D) I'm the one who freed them.
E) I am the Prisoner. YOU FR 098819 EAKS

8: Your prisoner is lashing out and disobeying what you are telling them to do. What do we do to them?
A) Kill them
B) Use their shock collar.
C) Send my pets.
D) didn't we just do this?
E) Leave me alone.

9: We put our prisoner back in place. What is your main emotion at this moment?
A) Bloodlust
B) Intrigue
C) Happy
D) Fear.
E) Sadness

10: What is your thought on this survey?
A) Not enough blood.
B) Could I borrow the notes?
C) Could I borrow the subjects?
D) Can you untie me?
E) @€\£\$*/×\/% 0:( :/ >:( 0_0. ×(

Answer honestly. I require your entire cooperation. Do not fail me.

Spots remaining: 10

BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games