Guide to Hosting

Looking for some forum fun? This is the place

Re: Guide to Hosting

Postby VucubCaquix » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:27 pm

Its almost ready. Worked things out well.
Coming 2020 - Who is The Mole?
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby InsaneSmile » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:04 pm

VucubCaquix wrote:Its almost ready. Worked things out well.

Great to hear. I look forward to seeing how it turns out.
Special thanks to Burgy and Parker for their amazing artwork!
Check out my Guide to Hosting
DizzyWaddleDoo wrote:Starting to think your smile isn't the only thing that's insane.
My custom role...
Anarchist

Rest in Peace Spirit.
InsaneSmile
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby JazzMusicStops » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Interest Check:
A pet shop
Players play as animals who've decided they like the pet shop, and don't want to be sold to people
Players would be performing actions such as being nice, being un-nice, eating food etc
There would also be statuses like sickness, laziness and perhaps even pregnancy
The players would have to balance "good" and "bad" actions on a sort of karma-ish system to avoid being sold or, if they're really bad, put down
The final aspect would be customers, each type of customer likes a different type of pet the most, and look for certain qualities
The game could be run in multiple ways, the first being a player elimination thing where you try to be the last creature in the shop and the second being an endless thing where players compete for the longest time in the shop, if they are put down, sold, die of sickness or whatever they can make a new animal

Spoiler: I'm probably just going to lurk forever, posting occasionally
But if there ever comes a point where my account speaks its last
Know that it was a pleasure to be here, especially in Forum Games
During my teenage years, this place was my first real community
Thank you all so much for playing silly games with me
I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Damafaud » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:05 pm

JammySplodge wrote:Interest Check:
A pet shop
Players play as animals who've decided they like the pet shop, and don't want to be sold to people
Players would be performing actions such as being nice, being un-nice, eating food etc
The players would have to balance "good" and "bad" actions on a sort of karma-ish system to avoid being sold or, if they're really bad, put down
The final aspect would be customers, each type of customer likes a different type of pet the most, and look for certain qualities
The game could be run in multiple ways, the first being a player elimination thing where you try to be the last creature in the shop and the second being an endless thing where players compete for the longest time in the shop, if they are put down, sold, die of sickness or whatever they can make a new animal

Who will refuse the opportunity to become a cat?
Hi.
Toasts are nice. And cookies. COOKIES!

Damafaud
Consort
Consort

Postby VucubCaquix » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:49 pm

A pet shop

How do players interact with each other?
Coming 2020 - Who is The Mole?
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby JazzMusicStops » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:22 am

VucubCaquix wrote:
A pet shop

How do players interact with each other?

They get put in the same enclosure sometimes
How do you think pregnancy happens ;)

Or you might end up killing someone but why would you do that?

I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Multiuniverse » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:38 am

Interest Check:
Murder Mystery [With Scary Fonts :D]

There are going to be 7 players who are going to be private detectives.

The story is this: Spoiler: There's a mansion owned by a rich businessman. He was murdered during the night and the police could find no answer. They hired these 7 investigators to come in. The one to find the murderer with enough evidences will win a huge reward.

Phases: Spoiler: There's the morning (24 hours) after noon (24 hours) evening (24 hours). Night is a special phase but is very dangerous (later on will explain) (24 hours)

In each phase you have 2 action points (at night you have 3)

Gameplay: Spoiler: At the start of the day the players will meet in the dining room where they can chat for a bit before posting in the thread which door they exit to. Then they pm me actions and I'll announce when each phase ends. At the end of the day the players have to pm me that they walk back to the dining room (walking to rooms takes action). In the thread I will announce by which door they enter the dining room. Then the players will discuss and go to bed. They can choose to do night investigations (pm me)

Actions: Spoiler: - Investigate room (One action point): You will be informed of clues in the room
Walk to [room name] (One action point): Walk to a room and you will be informed of the items in the room
Interrogate someone (Two action points): You will pm me a list of questions to ask the person you are interrogating. You can only interrogate that person if they are in the room you walked to.
Investigate specific items: Depends. You might get clues from these items.

NPCs: Spoiler: NOTE: These are suspects. You can interrogate them. BUT they will be in different rooms during different phases of the day. You can interrogate them only ONCE, except new evidence related to them comes to light, then you may interrogate them again.

[List of names to be put here]

Bonus: Spoiler: There's a killer in the house. They will try to kill you if you are ALONE in a desolate part of the house. (They will attempt to kill one person each day) They MIGHT not success if you choose the right respond. They will target you more if you are in possession of an important clue. If they successfully kill you, you will die. Your death will be announced, but not where it occurs (There will be more clues along with your death!). Deaths are PERMANENT. Attacks will be more frequent at night and you have less chance of countering against the attack. The killer might attack you even if you're with someone at night.

Most NPCs are asleep at night. However some might be wandering around, they will have excuses of why they are not asleep.

Stats: Spoiler: Charisma (out of 10): This affects how many questions you can ask a person you interrogate.
Strength (out of 10): This affects how likely you are to escape murder attempts.
Observation (out of 10): This affects how many clues you will find when investigating a room.
Psychology (out of 10): This affects how you judge your suspects (you will get hints on whether they might be lying)
Deduction (out of 10): This affects how you judge a clue (you will look at a clue and find some of it pointless if you don't have enough deduction skills. If you have more deduction skills you might get extra info from a clue)

Special items: Spoiler: This could be find throughout the house

Interest check. Please judge, comment, add anything.

Also if a lot of people thinks it's good I'd need a helper because this is the first time I thought about hosting a game.

Thanks parker for the gif and SuperDuper for suggesting rotational sig
Multiuniverse
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby InsaneSmile » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:07 pm

Holy shit that sounds like a really cool idea! I'd be down to play it depending on when it went live.
DizzyWaddleDoo wrote:Starting to think your smile isn't the only thing that's insane.
My custom role...
Anarchist

Rest in Peace Spirit.
InsaneSmile
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby destawaits » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:46 am

When I started reading I thought it would be Clue; I'm glad I was wrong. It has murdering; neat, but could a player be the murderer?

Spoiler:
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Multiuniverse » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:19 am

destawaits wrote:When I started reading I thought it would be Clue; I'm glad I was wrong. It has murdering; neat, but could a player be the murderer?

Yup. But he can counter attack.

(Depends on his strength)

It's mostly clue though and the attack is once a day on a player who is alone

Multiuniverse

Postby Multiuniverse » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:22 am

InsaneSmile wrote:Holy shit that sounds like a really cool idea! I'd be down to play it depending on when it went live.

I might need a co-host or two before beginning (preferably good at giving clues, active)

Multiuniverse

Postby squimbles » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:26 pm

A pet shop

Your idea seems interesting. Maybe you could make some of the players be humans who work at the pet shop.

Also, your idea is really cool as well, Multiuniverse. I would probably join that game as well.

Btw, your guide is really helpful Insane!
squimbles
Investigator
Investigator

Postby realmaster42 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:21 pm

Add this game to Ressurection please, because I know there are some passionate spectators and players.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=58350

I'm the Serial Killer---Oops, did I just spoil it? Nah, I'm on classic. Nobody's gonna vote me. ;)

Forum games I host:
[Join anytime] RPG Runners - https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=60731
Master Mind - http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=61254
realmaster42
Executioner
Executioner

Postby destawaits » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:37 pm

A pet shop

You know, I've realized that we usually play as humans. Now we can play as animals!
+ Unique
+ Flexible - multiple potential game modes, customer mechanics, "karma-ish" system

I like this idea!

Spoiler:
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby koolkatgold » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:38 am

I'm starting up a forum game called the SWAGGIN LAGGIN SUPER WAGON and I need 9 players for it in order for the game to be run full length. It starts out as a team based game but turns into a free for all in the last round. Please sign up if you're interested and can be active. The link is in my signature. Thanks in advance!
koolkatgold
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby khakha1036 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:56 pm

I suck at this somebody help?
Image Image
khakha1036
Valentines 2017
Valentines 2017

Postby InsaneSmile » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:33 am

realmaster42 wrote:Add this game to Ressurection please, because I know there are some passionate spectators and players.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=58350

Can I get a description from you?
My custom role...
Anarchist

Rest in Peace Spirit.
InsaneSmile
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby DJVoxel » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:42 am

khakha1036 wrote:I suck at this somebody help?

What do you need help with? I'd be happy to help you.
Discord ID: DJVoxel#2226
DJVoxel
Janitor
Janitor

Postby spiritofspirits » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:18 pm

idea for a anime based game. If you know a good deal about anime you can potentially be a co-host with me. pm if interested
Spirit of Fate #8
Future Goodbye
As long as I'm remembered i'll still be alive as the spirit of memories <3

R.I.P me 7/28/17. yay got to sign my death lol 1 last chuckle before I passed away. Goodbye everyone <3

My toys:
Xerxes
Yauaustin202
BRVR
Flamingkamikaze
Technetium
Mace8937
PBR
Jordarrian
Elux666
GifttheGiver
Pokemonkidryan
Npromin1
Smallworldz
Arckas
Watt2015
spiritofspirits
In memory of...
In memory of...

Postby khakha1036 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:54 pm

spiritofspirits wrote:idea for a anime based game. If you know a good deal about anime you can potentially be a co-host with me. pm if interested

join
Image Image
khakha1036
Valentines 2017
Valentines 2017

Postby JazzMusicStops » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:43 am

khakha1036 wrote:
spiritofspirits wrote:idea for a anime based game. If you know a good deal about anime you can potentially be a co-host with me. pm if interested

join

It doesn't even exist yet how would you join?

I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby ibney000 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:38 am

JammySplodge wrote:
khakha1036 wrote:

join

join
ibney000
Forger
Forger

Postby khakha1036 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:03 am

JammySplodge wrote:
khakha1036 wrote:

join

Can I plan it?
Image Image
khakha1036
Valentines 2017
Valentines 2017

Postby JazzMusicStops » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:17 am

khakha1036 wrote:
JammySplodge wrote:
khakha1036 wrote:

join

Can I plan it?

Idk don't ask me

I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby destawaits » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:32 am

JammySplodge wrote:
khakha1036 wrote:
JammySplodge wrote:
khakha1036 wrote:

join

Can I plan it?

Idk don't ask me

/pre-join

Spoiler:
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games