FWM: (0/9(12)) Signups open!

A place for old, unplayed, and completed games go to lie.

FWM: (0/9(12)) Signups open!

Postby BRVR » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:59 am

Faction War Mafia
A roleplaying Mafia based game of Factions.
By BRVR who was bored and got inspired by GrumpyGoomba
(Metrion gave approval since it's not majority v. Minority.)

Basics:
Spoiler: -Depending on the amount of players you may choose a faction with other players. Depending on how many players there are, there could be more than one faction. If there are multiple factions you guys will privately join factions. There's a minimum of 1 player and maximum of 9 players in thread but 3 secret players. If there's already 3 secret players I will notify in thread that you can no longer join as a secret player. Players will join with a character, but others will not know what they are and may not attack or harm them without good reasoning.
-You may interact during the day with other players and NPC's. If you're lucky enough, you may be able to do actions that are useful for your faction, but be warned that NPC's will do the same.
-If a role did not use it's action during the night it may do it during the day. Factional abilities may only be performed at night.
-Players may instead join privately as a role that isn't in the faction or as the Cultist Faction if it rolls. They will still create a character but PM it to me.
-NPC's are in the game and will wander around during the day and night. They will be able to have rolls.
-Days will last until a majority is reached. You may influence the NPC's into voting for a character depending on your relation with them.
-Nights will last until all actions are submitted or after 48 hours. You may try to visit NPC's during this time, but you will risk being a target of a wandering killer.

Rolelist
Spoiler: -If Cultist, Insane Cop, Insane Doctor, or Fanatic rolls then the others of that type may not roll. Furthermore if a Cultist rolls mafia roles may not roll. If a Insane Cop rolls then Detective roles can't roll. If Insane Doctor rolls then Hospital roles can't roll. If a Fanatic rolls psycho roles cannot roll.
-If a faction's limit has been reached then any slot with it's faction role will instead have the other faction's roles.
-Members of the Mafia and Psycho's will be told which slots they took if they have players in them. EX: If Serial Killer and Cannibal rolled then Psycho's would be told that they took the slots Serial Killer/Fanatic and Assassin/Cannibal/Chief.

Rolelist:
Spoiler: Mafia Head (Godfather/Consigliere)/Cultist
Detective Head (Chief/Detective)/Insane Cop
Hospital Member/Insane Doctor
Serial Killer/Fanatic
Goon/Cop/Nurse/Chemist
Goon/Cop/Deceptor/Veteran
Assassin/Cannibal/Chief
Any Faction role. Cannot be a duplicate
Any Faction role. Cannot be a Mafia or Detective Duplicate.
Any Faction role excluding Mafia or Psycho.
Any
Any
Any but Independents will be double chance has a bulletproof vest
Any but independents will be triple chance has a bulletproof vest
Any but independents will be triple chance holds a gun with one bullet
Citizen holding a gun with 3 bullets
Citizen holding a medkit
Citizen has a bulletproof vest
Citizen can create a night meeting with one person. If they're an evil role then the citizen will be murdered.

Factions
Mafia Faction: Holds 1 to 4 members. Factional night kill. Must kill Goodies, Psychos, and Hostile Independents.
Spoiler: Possible roles:
Godfather-Immune to Detective Faction and converts a townie into goon once. Cannot roll with Consig. On death mafia loses special abilities.
Consigliiere-Frames a person while learning their role and visitors.
Goon-Does night kill. Mafia must sacrifice an ability if Goon is not present to kill.
Deceptor-Prevents a player from doing their action.
Crook-Shows up innocent even when killed.
Assassin-Can kill one player in the day twice. Doesn't know mafia. Leaves if final mafia

Detective Faction: Holds 1 to 3 members. Night Meeting Factional one shot kill. Must kill anybody that harms town.
Spoiler: Possible roles:
Detective-Learns a player's role. Sees crook and godfather as Citizen.
Cop-Learns if a player is a Goon/Citizen/Psycho or not.
Mortician-Sees what exact role a dead player is.
Veteran-Can guard a player. If they are attacked you kill the attacker. 25% chance you die insteaad. Each time you kill somebody increase chance of death by 25%
Chief-Can initiate a double lynch once by revealing themselves.

Hospital Faction: Holds 1 to 3 members. Night Meeting Factional two shot protect
Spoiler: Only three roles. Factional protect blocks all members but prevents target from all death.
Nurse-Saves from mafia kills.
Psychologist-Psycho kills
Surgeon-Any kills. Dies with target if more than one killer.

Psycho Faction: Holds 2 to 3 members. No Night Meeting. Factional One Shot Convert Must kill all but psychos.
Converts to Psycho. Kills faction members instead
Spoiler: Roles:
Serial Killer-Kill a player each night. Starts night meeting after night 3
Chemist-Poison a player. Will die in the middle of the day.
Cannibal-Consume a player every three nights. Counts as 2 killers. Body isn't found.
Psycho-Performs Serial Killer kill. Replaces one of them on death.

Cult Faction: Holds up to 1 member.Night Meeting. Factional Night Convert. Wins if 50% of town.
Convert kills members in a faction instead.
Spoiler: Possible roles
Fanatic-Replaces Psycho faction
Insane Cop-Replaces Detective Faction
Insane Doctor-Replaces Hospital faction
Cultist-Replaces Mafia Faction
Worshipper-Can sacrifice a member once to convert two players.

Independent roles: Up to 4
Spoiler: Tourist-Just wants to survive.
Hitman-Needs target dead by night 5.
House Doctor-Protects a player each night. Just wants to survive.
Arsonist-Burns a players house each night. Unique. Wins if survives end of day with less than 4 players alive or is final survivor.
Salesman-Gets and shares helpful actions torwards target. See Mafia lose.
Mass Murderer- Kill a house every 2 nights. All target's visitors die as well.
Government Agent-Each night detain a player. If they're a killing role they are incarcerated forever. Must incarcerate 3 players

Gameplay
Spoiler: -Players will be able to do actions by PMing me or doing them in the thread. If they do it in the thread it will be public knowledge. Some things will be PMd to the player instead.
-Players will be unable to speak during the night, but I will post specific things.
-Players will be able to do any actions but unless their roles allow it they cannot kill. Anything holding a gun can kill at any time. One kill per phase allowed.
-Players can investigate during their freetime to try and find the role of another player, but members of the Mafia and Detective faction are better at this. Players can fail their night actions if they don't plan it out carefully or even be caught doing them. Example: Goon finds out target locked their door. They kick the door down. Now their target has a chance of defending themselves which makes it hard for them. Could lead to unexplained bruises that cast suspicion or a player walking in.
-Only the mafia will act during the first night. Game starts in the night.
-NPC's can do anything a player can do.

Day Phase
Spoiler: -During this phase players will be able to vote on a person to be put in trial while also wandering the town.
-A player or NPC on trial will be able to defend themselves and can be asked up to 3 questions total.
-After a player or NPC defends themselves the rest of the town will vote Guilty or Not Guilty
-If a player is voted Guilty they will be contained in the town's prison cell and counted as dead.
-If a player is voted Not Guilty the town will get one more chance to put a player on trial.
-After two trials are held or a player is found guilty the night will start.

Night Phase
Spoiler: -During this phase players will be able to interact with fellow faction members or do their actions. Players will not be able to accompany others unless they are targeting the same person. You may find other NPC's or players on your way there. You can change your target at any time if you see an opportunity arise.
-If you are committing a crime be careful as NPC's will be able to see them if you are not careful.
-This ends when all players do their actions or go to bed.

Map
Spoiler: -I don't really feel like making a map.
-Each player has a house. Unless a player is your neighbor you will first travel in the streets to reach them.
-Each house is corresponding with a slot. For flavor purposes it's not a straight line and it's a city, but in game mechanics it's a straight line.
-Each player is assigned a slot at the start of the game in the OP. You will use this as a way for seeing how long it will take for you to reach a specific player.
-Slot's 6 and 9 are not players but a grocery store and gun store respectively. You can go here in your free time, but the only players who benefit from having a gun will be killing roles. If you have a gun you may instead shoot a player from afar instead of having to kill them with your own hands.

Joining:
Spoiler: -Simply do /Join and submit 1 to 3 characters using the character sheet. Then PM me your faction.
-To be cult/independent/non-faction you MUST PM me your join and 1 to 3 characters. Unless you state otherwise if the cult rolls you will become the cult leader.
-If there's only 3 players everything is done in thread. If there's multiple player factions only talking during the day.

Things to note:
- Spoiler: NPCs will change personality and tactics as the game progresses.
-NPCs action's for the most part are based on lore reasons more likely than actual game reasons. EX: NPC Mafia will be more likely to target whoever they deem a threat. Psycho's attack on sight
-Only Mafia act during N1.
-Flavor is highly based on the party version and not the forum version. Thus I will tell a story for each death
-Kill credit is heavily hinted at
-Day only ends on a Guilty or second No Guilty.
-Roleplaying is completely optional, but you may still have to react during the night.
-Just because you're not moving doesn't mean others aren't. Actions are processed when i see them.
-Character Sheet:
First Name:
Last:
City Job:
Personality:
Relationships (optional. Must have character's creater's permission to use them)

Players

Characters
Spoiler: 1.
THE GREAT KIJAH IS BACK AND IS HERE TO STAY!
I AM OPEN TO MAKING NEW FRIENDS TO FILL THE VOID IN MY HEART OF SADNESS!
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Re: FWM: (0/9(12)) Signups open!

Postby BRVR » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:00 am

Reserved
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

BRVR wrote:Reserved
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

BRVR wrote:
BRVR wrote:Reserved
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby destawaits » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:20 pm

The oranged-dyed text is difficult to read.

Spoiler:
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby BRVR » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:32 pm

destawaits wrote:The oranged-dyed text is difficult to read.

Oh
You want me to use a different color?
(i was thinking of blue but i don't really care)
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby dapocalyptic » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:50 pm

/join
my hatching thingy
dapocalyptic
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby destawaits » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:08 pm

BRVR wrote:
destawaits wrote:The oranged-dyed text is difficult to read.

Oh
You want me to use a different color?
(i was thinking of blue but i don't really care)

No, it's just that the entire OP is the same bright color. Coupled with a lack of spacing between the lists of text, the OP becomes discouraging to read.

Spoiler:
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Return to Completed/Abandoned Games