Survivor Ragnarok (Final Tribal Council)

A place for old, unplayed, and completed games go to lie.

Re: Survivor Ragnarok (Final Tribal Council)

Postby dota2reporter » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:36 pm

what kinda screwed you over was you saying "hey guys vote aeolus not anubis!!"
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Postby TimeToReap » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:37 pm

mdb1023 wrote:
TimeToReap wrote:
mdb1023 wrote:
TimeToReap wrote:
mdb1023 wrote:Ttr was typhon? That explains a lot.

I've been wanting to say this for a month:
Voting out someone who welcomed you with open arms and straight up said "I've got your back" Was probably not the wisest move. You were absolutely fucked without me once the tribes merged, and I knew that because of all the shit Loki talked about you.

Anyways, finally got that off my chest, been holding in the salt for a while now. I'll read the rest of this rant later.

You deserved it mate.

Sucks you weren’t good enough to convince Ama to keep voting Zeus.
Besides, me dying at merge has nothing to do with you. Don’t claim credit for things that you didn’t effect.

I never said I had anything to do with you going out at the merge, just that I knew it was going to happen, and maybe having me there could have changed that.

We both knew we were screwed at merge.

You never know what can change when you change the variables.

Also I legit managed to have Heimdall change their mind and not want to vote me.
Dio/Izanami would've gone home if Tim hadn't refused to vote Izanami.
Also my whole clan was there.

The fact your saying it would have been a better move for me to betray my clan (2 people who had helped me tons, had a good chance to win and were 100% trustworthy) for someone who messaged everyone else on their tribe, was cocky and thought they'd easily make merge is just insane.
if you are wondering where i have gone check my website

Locking myself out of this account now *dab*
TimeToReap
Doctor
Doctor

Postby mdb1023 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:05 pm

dota2reporter wrote:what kinda screwed you over was you saying "hey guys vote aeolus not anubis!!"

Well, i felt bad for him because of his IRL issues and felt i'd rather give him a second chance, and the two were interchangable for me anyways since neither had talked to me.
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby mdb1023 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:08 pm

TimeToReap wrote:
mdb1023 wrote:
TimeToReap wrote:
mdb1023 wrote:
TimeToReap wrote:

Voting out someone who welcomed you with open arms and straight up said "I've got your back" Was probably not the wisest move. You were absolutely fucked without me once the tribes merged, and I knew that because of all the shit Loki talked about you.

Anyways, finally got that off my chest, been holding in the salt for a while now. I'll read the rest of this rant later.

You deserved it mate.

Besides, me dying at merge has nothing to do with you. Don’t claim credit for things that you didn’t effect.

I never said I had anything to do with you going out at the merge, just that I knew it was going to happen, and maybe having me there could have changed that.

Also I legit managed to have Heimdall change their mind and not want to vote me.

The fact your saying it would have been a better move for me to betray my clan (2 people who had helped me tons, had a good chance to win and were 100% trustworthy) for someone who messaged everyone else on their tribe, was cocky and thought they'd easily make merge is just insane.

If I had told you everything that Loki had told me in my clan, you would have realized just how screwed you were come the merge. Someone on your side early merge is never a bad thing. And I WOULD have easily made the merge if the Titans didn't suck at challenges.

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby TimeToReap » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:10 pm

mdb1023 wrote:
TimeToReap wrote:
mdb1023 wrote:
TimeToReap wrote:
mdb1023 wrote:
TimeToReap wrote:

You deserved it mate.

If I had told you everything that Loki had told me in my clan, you would have realized just how screwed you were come the merge. Someone on your side early merge is never a bad thing. And I WOULD have easily made the merge if the Titans didn't suck at challenges.

Olympians*

I knew I was screwed come merge, yet as I said, somehow managed to convince Loki and Heimdall to leave me except Timur intervened.
Besides, I was fairly confident you were allied with one of them.\

Your missing the point that you were a much worse ally for me than my tribe members, and keeping you around would have made me do worse.

TimeToReap
Doctor
Doctor

Postby dota2reporter » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:15 pm

mdb1023 wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:what kinda screwed you over was you saying "hey guys vote aeolus not anubis!!"

Well, i felt bad for him because of his IRL issues and felt i'd rather give him a second chance, and the two were interchangable for me anyways since neither had talked to me.

yeah i understand but that brought unnecessary attention to you which backfired
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby mdb1023 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:25 pm

TimeToReap wrote:Your missing the point that you were a much worse ally for me than my tribe members, and keeping you around would have made me do worse.

How!? I literally said I had your back and I meant what I said! You were taken out right at the merge, if you hadn't taken me out, I would have worked with you. I had a lot of connections, so I could have protected you from the remains of Utgard and my clan who, to my knowledge, wanted you out.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Chemist1422 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:35 pm

what if I had made merge

:thinking:
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:42 pm

ttr made the right move so we can drink mdb’s tears
Spoiler: Image

in the distance the shelves
rode three shadows of blue
ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:42 pm

ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby mdb1023 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:48 pm

ICECLIMBERS wrote:ttr made the right move so we can drink mdb’s tears

I disagree strongly but I'll ignore that for now so I can ask-

When the hell are ya gonna join one of your games, Ice?

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby TimeToReap » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:57 pm

mdb1023 wrote:

ngl mdb but Ice is very correct.
I know you're upset because you lost and you were so confident but you fucked up and so we voted you out...
/shrug

Two allies which I know will not betray me is so much better than one ally who will most likely betray me for their earliest allies who hate me.

TimeToReap
Doctor
Doctor

Postby mdb1023 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:06 pm

TimeToReap wrote:
mdb1023 wrote:

I know you're upset because you lost and you were so confident but you fucked up and so we voted you out...
/shrug

Two allies which I know will not betray me is so much better than one ally who will most likely betray me for their earliest allies who hate me.

And yet you still got taken out at the merge, just like I predicted. Who's to say what the right move really was when it didn't get you very far, anyways.

And seriously, if saving someone at the last second because they had IRL issues and I preferred to take out the more inactive player is a fuck up, then sure, I fucked up. Sue me if I didn't want to lose every fucking challenge until the merge (oh wait, that's what happened ANYWAYS!).

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby mdb1023 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:08 pm

Oh, and all that aside:

Good fuckin job, Vivi! Still a wonder you've never won but it's incredibly difficult to get to the end so props to you!

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby TimeToReap » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:17 pm

mdb1023 wrote:
TimeToReap wrote:
mdb1023 wrote:

/shrug

And yet you still got taken out at the merge, just like I predicted. Who's to say what the right move really was when it didn't get you very far, anyways.

And seriously, if saving someone at the last second because they had IRL issues and I preferred to take out the more inactive player is a fuck up, then sure, I fucked up. Sue me if I didn't want to lose every fucking challenge until the merge (oh wait, that's what happened ANYWAYS!).

You fucked up by telling us you messaged everyone on the tribe, being super confident, getting comfortable etc... I had no issue with voting out the afks.

The move was right.
Helping you would've made me do a lot worse.

As I said, you cannot use the fact you are "salty" as a reason for me being wrong.
I don't know what you're complaining about anyway... Were you expecting to win or something lmao?

TimeToReap
Doctor
Doctor

Postby mdb1023 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:33 pm

Just that I've been holding this entire rant in for about a month. Yes, I am salty, but that is not the reason why I think it was a bad move. I truly believe that you would have gotten farther working with me than not. At the very least, you would certainly not have done worse. I wasn't going to vote out out, so worst case scenario you're the merge boot, which isn't any worse. Granted, again, it didn't help that we had one of the worst tribes in FS history, but hey maybe we would have won a challenge if we voted out Zeus. After all, you don't have a problem voting out inactives.

And for the record, messaging everyone on the tribe =/= having an alliance with everyone on the tribe. IMO you SHOULD be talking to everyone on your tribe, especially in an anon game. That's called having a social game. I'm actually quite disappointing to see that this is something that VERY few people here do.

Again, i'd like to point out- I'm not without fault. I know what I did wrong this game and everything you listed that I did wrong is valid. But, taking out sommeone who is a threat for all those reasons isn't necessarily the right move for everyone. It was for Dota, because he had the connections to be able to make it deep without me and that shows. Hell, I'd argue it was a good move for Sam, too because he also made it far. But for someone who was in a position like yours, voting out someone who said "I've got your back" was simply not smart, because you only had your clan to rely on. It apparently never occurred to you that I had connections that would very likely have saved you. Although my clan was talking all kinds of shit about you, I wasn't 100% committed to them anyways. At the very least, I knew Erebus was Shadow (he didn't exactly make it hard to guess) and I knew that was gonna be a problem for me down the line because I know he's smart, probably smart enough to realize that i'd be a huge threat if I did make the merge.

Did I think I would win? Hell no, I'm not a good enough player to win. That much has been clear for a while. I've said many times I'm a better host than player. What I am trying to make you understand is that the move you made to take me out right after I said I had your back was not good for your game, and that's evident by the fact that you went out at the merge just like I predicted you would. Go ahead and read the spectator chat (or dead chat? I don't remember. It was one of them)- I called it. And I am telling you right now- You would not have done any worse by keeping me around.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby TimeToReap » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:32 am

mdb1023 wrote:Just that I've been holding this entire rant in for about a month. Yes, I am salty, but that is not the reason why I think it was a bad move. I truly believe that you would have gotten farther working with me than not. At the very least, you would certainly not have done worse. I wasn't going to vote out out, so worst case scenario you're the merge boot, which isn't any worse. Granted, again, it didn't help that we had one of the worst tribes in FS history, but hey maybe we would have won a challenge if we voted out Zeus. After all, you don't have a problem voting out inactives.

And for the record, messaging everyone on the tribe =/= having an alliance with everyone on the tribe. IMO you SHOULD be talking to everyone on your tribe, especially in an anon game. That's called having a social game. I'm actually quite disappointing to see that this is something that VERY few people here do.

Again, i'd like to point out- I'm not without fault. I know what I did wrong this game and everything you listed that I did wrong is valid. But, taking out sommeone who is a threat for all those reasons isn't necessarily the right move for everyone. It was for Dota, because he had the connections to be able to make it deep without me and that shows. Hell, I'd argue it was a good move for Sam, too because he also made it far. But for someone who was in a position like yours, voting out someone who said "I've got your back" was simply not smart, because you only had your clan to rely on. It apparently never occurred to you that I had connections that would very likely have saved you. Although my clan was talking all kinds of shit about you, I wasn't 100% committed to them anyways. At the very least, I knew Erebus was Shadow (he didn't exactly make it hard to guess) and I knew that was gonna be a problem for me down the line because I know he's smart, probably smart enough to realize that i'd be a huge threat if I did make the merge.

Did I think I would win? Hell no, I'm not a good enough player to win. That much has been clear for a while. I've said many times I'm a better host than player. What I am trying to make you understand is that the move you made to take me out right after I said I had your back was not good for your game, and that's evident by the fact that you went out at the merge just like I predicted you would. Go ahead and read the spectator chat (or dead chat? I don't remember. It was one of them)- I called it. And I am telling you right now- You would not have done any worse by keeping me around.

1. Mdb how am I supposed to know all this? How do I know you're not gonna try vote me out at a later point? How do I know Loki isn't screaming at you to vote me out because he doesn't want me to be an issue during merge? Nobody is psychic.
2. Messaging everyone on the tribe is an attempt at having an alliance with everyone on the tribe. Doesn't help your case that you immediately admitted to trying to get rid of everyone who you didn't think was on your side until you really did have an alliance with everyone on the tribe. Very few people make alliances with everyone mdb, and it rarely works out.
3. For like the twentieth time mdb, I would have survived the merge vote if Chronos wasn't so dead set on voting me. He would have done that anyway, even if you were in the game.
4. I had no contact with your clan other than Loki, who I knew was going to try kill me ASAP for trying to idol him out. Osiris, Chronos and Erebus, to me, I couldn't really tell apart. They just seemed lke smart dudes who were all titans and probably trying to kill me.
5. If it was the right move for my clan, it was the right move for me. If you seriously think that harming all my allies' game to keep in an unknown "threat" (Calling you that was a mistake) then you're mad and it is not a surprise you went out pre-merge.
6. I also predicted I was the merge boot. It would have changed if someone who I hadn't spoken to yet didn't hate me. You would not have changed any of that, stop thinking you would. Your game was not the strongest, you went out, stop complaining.
7. You have no idea how happy you made me when I discovered you were Pele. Knowing it was you and your responses are the best part of it all, the icing on the cake and the biggest confirmation I made the right decision.
Last edited by TimeToReap on Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

TimeToReap
Doctor
Doctor

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:40 am

ICECLIMBERS wrote:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pele%27s_tears

ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby TimeToReap » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:57 am

ICECLIMBERS wrote:
ICECLIMBERS wrote:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pele%27s_tears

iwantone.

TimeToReap
Doctor
Doctor

Postby VucubCaquix » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:50 pm

Messaging everyone is generally a good idea? I dunno why this is a negative thing here. Especially in an anonymous game its better to talk to everyone since you don't know who is actually going to be reliable as an ally. It's worked out for me at least.

Doesn't mean its an alliance. You could talk to someone and then realize they aren't reliable. I talked to Retterime in Big Brother and then stopped cause he never gave much back.

Loki and Heimdall didn't message for the first tribal council and wanted each other dead. Then when they actually talked they became strong allies for most of the game. Same with Amaterasu and Heimdall later.

Its one of the things I don't like about the meta here. Although I've never really been impacted by it somehow.
Coming 2020 - Who is The Mole?
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby dota2reporter » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:56 pm

how long in pages was the 2nd biggest PM chat?

fairly sure mine and eye's was first, curious how far away the 2nd one was
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby TimeToReap » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:04 pm

VucubCaquix wrote:Messaging everyone is generally a good idea? I dunno why this is a negative thing here. Especially in an anonymous game its better to talk to everyone since you don't know who is actually going to be reliable as an ally. It's worked out for me at least.

Doesn't mean its an alliance. You could talk to someone and then realize they aren't reliable. I talked to Retterime in Big Brother and then stopped cause he never gave much back.

Loki and Heimdall didn't message for the first tribal council and wanted each other dead. Then when they actually talked they became strong allies for most of the game. Same with Amaterasu and Heimdall later.

Its one of the things I don't like about the meta here. Although I've never really been impacted by it somehow.

Yes but reaching out to everyone means you have allies. Probably lots, probably good ones.
It doesn't work out because that makes you a threat.
Why do you think Vivi has never won a game?

TimeToReap
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Chemist1422 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:01 pm

I think what people here need to realize is talking with someone doesn’t necessarily make you allies
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby TimeToReap » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:03 pm

Talking with someone doesn't make you allies, yes.
But it normally means you are trying to ally them.

In this specific case, mdb pretty much admitted he wanted Anubis/Aelous out because they did not respond to him, and then when Anubis did and became his ally he just turned on Zeus.

TimeToReap
Doctor
Doctor

Postby EyeOfTheTiger » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:20 pm

TimeToReap wrote:
VucubCaquix wrote:Messaging everyone is generally a good idea? I dunno why this is a negative thing here. Especially in an anonymous game its better to talk to everyone since you don't know who is actually going to be reliable as an ally. It's worked out for me at least.

Yes but reaching out to everyone means you have allies. Probably lots, probably good ones.
It doesn't work out because that makes you a threat.
Why do you think Vivi has never won a game?

Considering I was in the FTC for this game, bad argument. >:(
However, I agree. Generally, you guys don’t use alliances for much more than controlling votes and planning, coming from experience, so talking to everyone is a huge red flag that something dodgy is up.
Talking to people in general tends to lead towards an alliance, too - I hated Loki’s guts before I started talking to him, and well, look where we were later. Sometimes it fizzles out, but honestly? It’s really unlikely unless the people are inactive.
Whether they’re a reliable ally or not is a completely different matter, tbh.
EyeOfTheTiger
Transporter
Transporter

PreviousNext

Return to Completed/Abandoned Games