Survivor Ragnarok (Final Tribal Council)

A place for old, unplayed, and completed games go to lie.

Survivor Ragnarok (Final Tribal Council)

Postby VucubCaquix » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:00 pm

There were eighteen of them. Gods of ancient civilizations, demons, heroes. Some loved, some feared.

The world was coming to an end. And it wasn’t going to end quietly. The eighteen would fight for their lives in a battle. The world would be engulfed in flame.

Only one of them would survive to see the rebirth of the next world.

Ragnarok was upon them.

This is a mystery game! You'll be playing on an offsite forum created by me exclusively for this game. No discord is required for this game, however you may use discord to ask the moderator questions if you need to. Please read the instructions on how to join.

Do not post in this thread.

My discord is Parrot #6900. Contact me if you have questions.

Changes from Animal Kingdom
-This game will use Proboards instead of Zetaboards (now defunct)

-PMs with multiple recipients will be allowed. Mod should be included.

-18 players instead of 12.

-Biomes have been replaced with clans. These will be somewhat different and may play an important role in the game.

-Idols are a thing. All idols can be acquired without using discord or going on ToS forums.

-Most challenges are 24 hours. A few are 48. This was an issue with Animal Kingdom.

-Including the host in PM chains is required as in World Tour. This is to prevent cheating and also inform specs of what is going on.

Basics of Survivor
Spoiler: -The game starts out with multiple (usually 2) tribes. These tribes compete together in challenges, with the winning tribe getting immunity and the losing tribe going to tribal council.

-At tribal council, each member of the tribe will vote for another member. The tribe member with the most vote will be eliminated.

-Self voting is not allowed

-In the event of a tie at tribal council, all non-tied contestants revote (this is important, as ties can occur between 3 or more players). If a tie occurs again, the tied players become immune and all non-immune players draw rocks. One player will be eliminated at random.

-In a final 4 tie, tied players will go to a special tiebreaker challenge instead of drawing rocks. This doesn't apply in a final 4 on one tribe before the merge.

-At some point, the tribes will merge into one big tribe. After this happens, contestants will compete instead for individual immunity, and everyone will go to tribal council. The player who wins individual immunity cannot be voted out.

-At some point, eliminated contestants will join the jury instead of being just eliminated. At the end of the game, jury members will vote between the final 2 or 3 contestants to determine the winner. The player with the most votes wins the game.

Common survivor twists and knowledge
Spoiler: -The final tribal council can have 2 or 3 players left. Both have been used, and it won’t be announced yet which it is here.

-The jury is usually between 7 and 13 players. If there's a final 2, the jury can't be divisible by 2. If there’s a final 3, it can’t be divisible by 3. In the event of a tie with a final 3 (such as 5-5-0), the untied player will cast the deciding vote.

-Merges usually happen between final 9 and final 13.

-Hidden immunity idols can exist within the game. These idols can be played up to a certain point at tribal council. Usually they lose their power at final 5 or final 6. If you find an immunity idol, you can play it on someone when you go to cast a vote. If a HII is played on someone, it will be revealed after all votes are cast. All votes cast against that player are nullified, and the player with the next most votes is voted out.

-Hidden immunity idols also protect you during rock draws, but can only be played on the initial vote.

-Tribe swaps are when tribes are switched up. This can be random, by a draft, or according to an algorithm.

-Other twists used on the show include: multiple tribes attending tribal council at once, a double vote advantage, contestants being sent to exile, and eliminated contestants returning via winning a challenge.

Game Rules
Spoiler: -Be respectful to other players and the moderator(s).

-All BMG forum rules should be obeyed, despite the offsite hosting.

-Screenshots and direct quotes are not allowed. This rule applies to moderators as well. You may directly quote short things that you can easily remember (eg: Parrot just said to me "Yeet on the other tribe")

-This game should be thought of as self-contained. You may not offer alliances in future/other games, money, or other out of game rewards to other players in exchange for actions (eg: I’ll join the next game you make if you don’t vote me).

-You should also not make similar threats (eg: I’ll kill you in BTM if you don’t ally with me). If you aren’t sure if an action breaks this rule, ask the moderator.

-If a player fails to show up in the first 48 hours, they will be replaced. Otherwise, no replacements will be used. Players receive activity strikes for missing challenges or failing to vote. 3 activity strikes will result in being modkilled. This can result in tribal council being cancelled, depending on the circumstances.

-Modkilled players will lose their spot on the jury if they survive that long.

-Failure to submit a vote will result in a self-vote. You may not go inactive in order to purposely self-vote.

-Votes and actions can be sent in ahead of time if you wish. Preliminary and conditional actions can also be sent in.

-Your goal should be to win the game. Intentionally losing the entire game is strongly frowned upon and could result in bans from future games.

-Cheating is strictly prohibited. Cheating includes breaking challenge rules and talking to people about the game outside of the game. Those caught cheating can be banned from future games.

-If someone breaks a rule, please report it to the moderator.

-Have fun!

Mystery Game Rules
Spoiler: -This game will take place on an offsite forum. You will receive a link to this forum after the application process ends, as well as a username and password.

-You will receive a username corresponding to an god/goddess/etc. You are not allowed to tell other players your identity in the game, and should not state whether or not you are in the game.

-You should not purposely hint at your own identity, talk about other player’s identities, or ask a player who they are. Try to avoid getting identified. Don’t suggest that you know someone’s ID. You may make ID guesses in your confessional.

-You may also not talk about the game outside of the game forum. If you have questions or just want to rant about something, you can DM me on discord at Parrot#6900. I may also DM you if you become inactive (or pm, if you don't use discord). You'll also have a confessional which you can use however you like.

-Identities will be revealed at the end of the game!

Note: This seems like a lot of rules, but reading all of it is not necessary if you have played Survivor before. The mystery game rules are most important to be aware of.

To Signup:

Send a PM or DM to VucubCaquix (me) containing the following information...

1. 5 gods, goddesses, or other characters from mythology for your username.
2. Whether you will play or spectate (and if willing to do the other if needed)
3. Whether you have access to a computer or are only on mobile (will not disqualify anyone, but will be useful to know)

If you don't have a preference on what character you'd like, I'll pick one for you. See these links for some potential choices. It is preferred that players pick immortal characters while spectators pick mortal ones, but not required.

Norse Gods
Greek Gods
Mesopotamian Gods
Mayan Gods
Japanese Gods
Egyptian Gods
Last edited by VucubCaquix on Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:52 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Coming 2020 - Who is The Mole?
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Re: Survivor Ragnarok (Signups ?/18)

Postby xApprenticex » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:49 pm

hi

this interests me
xApprenticex
Jester
Jester

Postby VucubCaquix » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:05 pm

We're filling up at a pretty fast pace so get in those apps!

You may join and send characters later.
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby VucubCaquix » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:21 am

Only a few slots left!
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Re: Survivor Ragnarok (Signups 15/18) Specs welcome

Postby VucubCaquix » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:06 am

Gonna let signups go for a few more days, possible to start with less but I'd prefer not to
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Re: Survivor Ragnarok (Signups 17/18) Specs welcome

Postby VucubCaquix » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:59 am

Only 1 slot remains
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Re: Survivor Ragnarok (Full, starts 6 pm est sunday)

Postby VucubCaquix » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:14 pm

The game has begun!

Spectators may PM for access.
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Re: Survivor Ragnarok (Episode 1)

Postby VucubCaquix » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:51 pm

11 remain... its time for the merge!
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Re: Survivor Ragnarok (Final Tribal Council)

Postby VucubCaquix » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:53 pm

The game is over!

Amaterasu AKA Dota2Reporter is the winner

IDs...

1. Amaterasu - Dota2reporter
2. Heimdall - EyeoftheTiger
3. Fenrir - Samueljackson1972
4. Izanami - Grumpygoomba/Cryomaniac
5. Osiris - Multiuniverse
6. Dionysus - Phoenyx
7. Chronos - Timurtheking
8. Loki - Mushroomdoge
9. Erebus - ShadowIQ
10. Zeus - TheNightmareFox
11. Typhon - Timetoreap
12. Anubis - Tardispaten
13. Pele - mdb1023
14. Aeolus - Xerxeslefan
15. Odin - Jensenxk/ProfessorArceus
16. Hecate - qwertyuiopl
17. Athena - Chemist1422
18. Thor - Bluedetroyer
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby VucubCaquix » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:00 pm

Survivor Ragnarok – The Summary and Modrant

Episode 1:

Spoiler: Asgard - Chronos attempted to start making alliances, but a solid three formed between Anubis, Osiris, and Erebus. Another three formed with Chronos, Osiris, and Fenrir.
Vanaheim - A three person alliance of Izanami, Pele, and Dionysus formed. Amaterasu was brought in as a fourth. Izanami accidentally made an alliance chat with Zeus instead of Pele, resulting in Zeus getting added to a 5 person alliance (note: This will be relevant later). Hecate’s arrogance annoyed members of the tribe.
Utgard – Heimdall and Typhon quickly connected as allies early on, with the most messages by far. Athena started talking to both, but when she revealed that she was talking to Heimdall to Typhon, Heimdall became wary of her, distrusting her. Heimdall also distrusted Loki for some reason. Typhon and Heimdall attempted to talk to the other two, Odin and Thor. Typhon found an idol and told others that it was a vote nullifier.
Thor seemed like the target of Typhon and Athena, while Heimdall wanted Loki gone. Loki told Athena false rumors that Typhon was targeting her. Typhon found out and confronted Loki, but didn’t want to vote for him.
Loki pulled in Odin and Thor to go after Athena, while Heimdall and Athena voted for Loki. But Typhon was not okay with either Athena or Loki going. So he talked to Loki and arranged a 3-2-1 split vote. Odin and Loki switched to Thor, sending him home.

Rant: I think Minority Rule ended up being mostly luck. Bluffing turned out to be a very good idea. Sad that the quiz wasn’t live. I’m not sure why Athena and Chronos were distrusted for talking to a lot of people, as that’s normally what you have to do. Loki ended up in a solid spot by getting rid of Thor, which I didn’t initially think would help him. It was fun to watch the chaos unfold on Utgard this tribal, which was quite something. Not much to say about Thor, could have been more active to avoid getting booted as there was enough drama between everyone else. I was happy to see Odin, a newbie getting into a good position. Also enjoyed the confessionals of Typhon, Athena, and Heimdall.

Episode 2:

Spoiler: Asgard: The alliance of death gods decided to target Aeolus in the event of a loss.
Vanaheim: Zeus told Hecate about the five person alliance.
Utgard: Typhon attempted to lie about the vote, but was quickly found out. Heimdall leaked through his clan that Typhon had an alliance with Loki and Odin. This got back to Chronos, who told Fenrir and Osiris. Fenrir then relayed the information back to Typhon, who suspected Athena of leaking it. This combined with other reasons lead Athena to be distrusted among the tribe, and she was sent home 4-1.

Rant: Again, not sure Athena deserved it. If she had been on any other tribe I’m sure she would’ve survived to the swap at least. This Tribal Council wasn’t as interesting but there was a ton of confusion and drama after the first TC ended. Loki is looking the most solid on this tribe, but they’re all vulnerable somewhat and rumors are leaking all the time through clans. I liked the puzzle but would obviously have to do it with less pieces next time. Maybe quite a few less pieces and also just squares as describing every jig doesn’t seem fun. I’m sure some others have thoughts on this one.

Episode 3:

Spoiler: Asgard: Not much of note, except that Chronos brought up a possible plan to work with Erebus’ clan.
Vanaheim: Zeus and Hecate agreed to target Izanami, who created the 5 person alliance. Hecate talked to Pele about it, and decided to go after Amaterasu instead. Hecate told Pele that someone brought up Izanami as a possibility, but did not reveal who. Pele did not believe this, and the other four agreed to vote out Hecate.
Utgard: Typhon, Loki, and Heimdall managed to make up their differences, and formed a 3 person alliance. However, Typhon became wary of Heimdall and Loki’s newfound connection. He leaked the alliance to Odin and came up with a plan to play his idol to eliminate Loki. Odin agreed, and told Loki and Heimdall that Typhon leaked the plan and was betraying them. Heimdall and Loki initially decided to vote for Typhon, but later considered that it could be a trick. Both of them voted for Odin instead. Odin was told to vote for Typhon so that he could form a closer connection to Heimdall and Loki, but ultimately this sealed his fate. Meanwhile, Heimdall and Loki agreed to make an alliance between their clans (The Danes and the Geats).

Rant: I felt really bad for Odin here, who did well for a newbie but was ultimately unlucky to end up where he did. Hopefully Odin will play again, he was well liked on his tribe. Typhon’s play here was probably not the best, and will probably make him vulnerable later on. Props to Heimdall and Loki for sensing that something was up. All three are in potential danger going into a swap, but they’re good players too. Typhon is probably most screwed. I do like the two clan alliance plan a lot, it will be interesting to see how that will play out.
Hecate really got off to a bad first impression with her whole thing. She did do well in challenges though. I am curious to see what Zeus will do without her around. He seems liable to jump ship pretty fast.
I wanted a pair challenge here, which was originally Codenames and then something else. But I decided that scheduling could be tricky, and went with a pair optional challenge. In retrospect, having two people wasn’t helpful for a lot of the pairs. (Although it might have been if Typhon didn’t submit without letting Odin check, that could’ve saved everyone a lot of pain). I like this challenge but it’s a hassle to make it, so hopefully it was enjoyable.
Going into a swap a lot of interesting things could happen. I’m really looking forward to seeing how things shake out. Asgard is vulnerable due to having the most members… there’s several clan connections which are going strong… you have tension between the Loki Heimdall duo and Typhon, as well as Zeus potentially ready to flip on Vanaheim.
Poor Anubis is left out of all the clan action. Not really his fault.

Episode 4:

Spoiler: Well this was a swap. Clans turned out to be very powerful with this swap, with most of the Danish-Geat alliance on Titans and the three Jutes on the Olympians. Unfortunate for players like Dio, Osiris, and Anubis, who have inactive or dead clans.
The Titans tribe is the more complex of the two. There is the two clan alliance in the center of everything, but tribe loyalties are still quite strong. Erebus and Chronos don’t really want to send home Osiris, nor does Izanami want to vote out Dio. Loki and Heimdall ended up liking Dionysus, and other options were considered. Erebus was seen as a threat who might be taken out. However, they avoided tribal council.
The Olympians decided between two inactive players – Anubis and Aeolus. At first, votes swung towards Anubis. But Anubis got on and promised to be more active in the future, and votes were swayed towards Aeolus, who get booted.
Rant: This challenge was interesting? The maze was quite fast to solve even with the tricks implemented, but simple mistakes caused a lot of failures. I first wanted to do this just by drawing a path through, but I remembered that many players don’t have access to image editing programs. It seems like a challenge that could be easy for other hosts to play around with. I do like challenges where teams actually can work together and collaborate.
The auction was kind of weird. A lot of players went for the library or Pandora’s box, and it ended up with only 5 of the items being bought at all. Four of which were assisted by another player. A good strategy would’ve been to bid on a bunch of items here. Pandora’s box is an interesting item, we’ll have to see what Loki ends up doing with it. Amaterasu and Typhon have the only two idol pieces, which I’m sure will be relevant eventually. Fenrir helped those two acquire those, which was an interesting move on his part. Think Fenrir is a potentially dangerous underrated player.
Was happy to see Anubis save himself, he’s been more present than Aeolus. Not sure what happened to him. Zeus seems to be vulnerable here, hopefully he is finally able to make merge.

Episode 5:

Spoiler: On the Titans, Loki shares the Pandora’s box details with his allies. Heimdall considers whether to go after Loki or not. The Asgard 3 have agreed to vote Dionysus in the event of a loss, but many players could be potentially vulnerable.
On the Olympians, the Jutes agreed to take out Pele as she was a huge threat. Zeus targeted Amaterasu, while Pele targeted Zeus, leading to a 3-2-1 split vote that sent Pele home.
Rant:
I enjoyed creating my musical masterpiece, which I thought was kind of funny to listen to. Been wanting to do a musical challenge for a while. A lot of players didn’t know many songs, which I guess makes sense. It’s hard to get a sense of what exactly the best choices would be for a challenge like this. Even though I picked from 3 categories, it wasn’t a lot. Chronos killed it here, unfortunately for the Olympians again. Was good to see Anubis playing a big role on the Olympians after last challenge.
The tribes themselves might not be the most balanced. All three prepared challenges for this phase benefit from high activity, which the Olympians simply don’t have. Well, Asgard never attended Tribal Council despite having the lowest activity?
Pele was unfortunately partially a victim of the clans twist. Although they might’ve been taken out here anyway. This swap was not good for Pele, but I think they were on people’s threat list enough that the merge would be difficult. Zeus is likely next if a loss occurs again? Which would be sad.

Episode 6:

Spoiler: The Titans discussed what happened to Pele and figured a possible clan alliance might exist on the Olympians. Erebus and Heimdall discussed bringing Dionysus into an alliance of four. Osiris told Erebus about his clan which was relayed to Erebus’ other alliance members.
With Pele out, the Olympians were fairly quiet. The Jutes brought Zeus into an alliance of four, leaving Anubis as the obvious boot left. Nice for Zeus to finally make merge.

Rant:
I think that this challenge went really smoothly, I was expecting it to have a few bumps since it was a lot going on and hadn’t been done here before. But it went perfectly fine! The extra time did help to get most of the words finished. If run on discord, it’d be more difficult to track everything but could be completed faster potentially. Maybe if someone takes the idea they could use a google sheet or excel to track words.
It was a slow round. Generally I think it’s good to have any tribe last 3 rounds or so to avoid things getting too dead. Since we are heading to the merge next, this is not an issue.
Sad that both swap tribes were unbalanced? I mean losses on both Utgard and the Olympians were not always by a lot. Probably says more about the type of challenges than anything.

Episode 7 – MERGE:

Spoiler: The tribes merged! Typhon was immediately seen as the obvious boot due to his past actions and threatening nature. But then things started to happen. Dionysus leaked their alliance of four with Heimdall, Loki, and Erebus to the former Vanaheim members. Zeus then leaked this to Chronos, who passed it off to Heimdall and the others.
Izanami also leaked the fact that they were in a five person alliance to the Vanaheims. An alliance of 6 was made with Izanami, Dionysus, Zeus, Typhon, Fenrir, and Amaterasu. Zeus continued to leak info to Chronos. This group plotted to vote for Heimdall or Loki. Later this alliance fell apart when it was discovered someone was leaking info.
Meanwhile, Typhon was trying to make up with Heimdall and Loki. He lied and said that Odin was responsible for what happened at the last Utgard tribal, and said he was merely confused. Although distrusting, they decided to work together again.
The alliance of Heimdall, Erebus, Chronos, and Loki decided between targeting Izanami or Dionysus. Heimdall and Erebus wanted to vote for Izanami, but Chronos refused.
The former Olympians were told by Typhon to vote for Dionysus.
Dionysus campaigned to get the vote on Heimdall. They were told by Loki and Erebus to leak to Typhon that the plan was to vote Izanami. Dionysus actually told Typhon to pretend to be okay with voting Izanami and actually vote Heimdall.
Because Chronos was unwilling to vote anyone but Typhon, the others agreed to go for him.

Rant
So this challenge was designed to be very simple and it accomplished that! Having extra time for the first episode of the merge turned out to be definitely the right call as a lot went down this episode.
The idol was intended to be hard but may have been unfairly so. Erebus got the right idea, but wasn’t able to put it together. I checked the videos quite a few times to make sure they lined up? But clues will be given each start of challenge for this one so eventually someone will get it.
A lot of things to unpack here. Zeus traded away a potential majority alliance for… Chronos. So he’d better hope that Chronos is a really great ally. Dionysus and Izanami also failed to do well at double dealing. Should be careful who you trust. I probably would’ve stuck with the Titans for at least a little while.
Erebus, Loki, Heimdall, and Chronos sort of emerge as the strong four players in the game. The first three are sort of a block, while Chronos is pulling in his own side allies. Only question is how long until the threats start to go after each other.
Oh, and Amaterasu has an idol now, thanks to Typhon’s death. Curious to see what that gets used for.
Not using Pandora’s box was fair after everything that happened.
Typhon was always seeming like the first merge boot after everything that went down in Utgard. For a while it seemed like he was getting a foothold, but things didn’t end up working in his favor.

Episode 8:

Spoiler: Erebus found the entrance to the pyramid and told Loki and Heimdall about it. Osiris found it on his own. None of them made a bid correctly, so Loki got it by submitting earliest. Erebus, Loki, and Heimdall decided to work with Dionysus for the time being, despite being hesitant to trust him.
Loki told Heimdall about the idol.
Chronos tried to get votes on Zeus, while the alliance of Loki and Heimdall tried to push for Zeus to go, in order to attempt to break Osiris’ connection to him so that he could be pulled in.
Erebus used the Pandora’s box, gaining an extra vote.
Amaterasu was exiled and could not vote or speak.
Heimdall told Chronos that Erebus was pushing for a Zeus vote, and they discussed whether he was trustworthy. (This will come up next round!)

Rant:
So this challenge didn’t really work out well. Was a bit too complicated. I tried to do something like Pokemon Randomdown but on a larger scale. Unfortunately I didn’t end up putting a lot of thought into this challenge when I was making it. I like the idea of a Genius Game type challenge where one is exiled and one wins immunity though. I don’t think there ended up being all that much strategy in play here though. Oh well, so far the challenges have gone pretty well so I can take one not going well.
Nobody who solved the idol hunt made their bid in the Pyramid. For future reference, how this worked – Each image coincided to a word in the music video. If you took all of them, you’d get the message “Take the first letter from every word.” This would allow you to get into the pyramid. Once inside the pyramid, you’d be given a word search. Each player needed to make a bid of how many words they could find in 15 minutes. If they made the bid, they got that many points. If not, 0 points. Whoever got the most points won, with the tiebreaker as who submitted first. Loki, Heimdall, Erebus, and Osiris all made it in, but nobody made their bid. Which lead to Loki getting an idol, somehow. Props to Erebus and Osiris for figuring out the secret though!
This round was kind of weird. I didn’t get much of what went on because I was pretty busy outside of things. Zeus definitely deserved to go after breaking up a good alliance in order to suck up to Chronos. Dionysus is surprisingly bouncing back, while Izanami is sadly not.

Episode 9:

Spoiler: Erebus and Heimdall quickly turned on each other, and the round became a power struggle between the two. Loki talked to both sides but stayed loyal to Heimdall. Amaterasu made an alliance of four with Heimdall, Loki, and Fenrir. Izanami was added to this afterwards. Both sides wanted to get the vote of Dionysus, who wanted Chronos out instead of Erebus or Heimdall.
Erebus played his double vote, but it didn’t make much difference as most votes ended up on him.
Loki began to suspect the clan of Izanami, Heimdall, and Chronos was tight due to the strange actions of Chronos during this round.
Rant:
This challenge was alright. Sort of fillerish, but it’s easy enough to do that it could be used again by hosts needing to fill space. Again, didn’t consider people using different currency when I wrote the questions. My bad.
Erebus played well and I had him as a winner pick for a while. Loki and Heimdall are really powerful as a duo though. He went out partially due to being seen as a huge threat with a double vote and control of former Asgard; also partially due to Chronos being a rat.
Next round will be interesting if Loki really does decide to go after Heimdall or Chronos. A lot of game left!
What is Dionysus doing though?

Episode 10:

Spoiler: With Chronos winning immunity, Dionysus became the next most obvious vote. Heimdall considered a Loki blindside but decided against it, as it would be difficult to get the votes with Chronos still around. Most votes were on Dionysus until the last few hours. Loki gave his idol to Dionysus, intending for him to use it to save himself. Dionysus told Amaterasu, who leaked it back to Heimdall and the others. Dionysus played the idol on Osiris, as he thought Osiris was getting votes and wanted to build an alliance between himself, Osiris, Izanami, and Loki. But Heimdall and Amaterasu had already gotten the votes switched to Loki, sending him home instead.

Rant:
I guess this was a challenge? Not much to add about that. I started getting kind of lazy with challenge design after finishing the pre-merge set.
This would’ve been a huge idol play if it went down as planned. If Dionysus and Loki had formed their foursome, it would’ve gone down as a legendary play. Instead, what happened was a huge mess. This has been an extraordinarily messy game! I don’t entirely blame Loki for his move here, it could’ve worked out. I think maybe it would’ve been better to take out someone like Amaterasu and leave Heimdall as a shield for a round or two, but still. Dionysus seems to be at fault for telling Amaterasu about the idol for no apparent reason? He mentioned it in his chat with Amaterasu and Izanami. I think Dionysus failed to realize that first tribe allies aren’t necessarily the best people to rely on.
Amaterasu seems like the real winner of this round though. Or Izanami. Those two are positioned really well. One of those two probably wins at this point, others seem unlikely to either get there or pick up votes.

Episode 11:

Spoiler: Most of this episode seemed towards the obvious Chronos boot. Several theories about who people are connected to were floating around. Amaterasu gave Chronos the idea that Fenrir was her sheep. Chronos was told the vote was on Dionysus, and voted for him. Osiris and Dionysus voted for Chronos, while the other four stuck together to vote Chronos out.

Rant:
I like this challenge because animals. This round was kind of predictable, it’s been expected that Chronos would be on the chopping block soon. I feel he could’ve tried a bit more to organize against Heimdall and Amat’s voting block in some rounds. Chronos ends up voting out lots of potential allies this game.

Episode 12:

Spoiler: Izanami claimed to Dio that she voted for Heimdall...
Heimdall and Amaterasu thought that Izanami and Dionysus would be hard to separate, so they told her the vote was on Osiris.
Amaterasu told Heimdall about the idol, and said it was from Fenrir (thinking it was given after death to her by Typhon).
Dionysus and Osiris campaigned for a Heimdall boot, but couldn’t get the votes, and Dio was sent home. Amaterasu played the idol on Heimdall, but it wasn’t needed.
Rant: I do think it’s in Amaterasu’s interest to keep Heimdall just a bit longer. It is likely better for them to betray them before final tribal, but leaving Dio and Osiris around could be a mistake. Heimdall is also bad at puzzles.
These Wikipedia choices were very hard! As you can tell. Maybe I went a bit too much, but since I didn’t want to use a tiebreaker they had to be pretty difficult. The intention was to avoid having too many timed speed challenges.
Dionysus was all over the place post merge. Hard to say exactly what he should’ve done better, but mistakes were definitely made. Nobody in the alliance of four seems flippable at this point, but I wonder if anyone will be tempted to keep Osiris.

Episode 13:

Spoiler: Amaterasu was deciding whether or not to blindside Heimdall at final 5, but Heimdall won immunity, making Osiris the easy target.
Osiris pleaded for the others to boot Amaterasu, but they stood strong and Osiris was booted unanimously. Amaterasu discussed with Izanami and Fenrir why Heimdall should be the next boot.
Rant:
The challenge I had intended to use here was a non-live version of this adapted for 5 players…
http://prntscr.com/ommk1x
However my program that I wrote for generating the card sets seemed wrong. Anyways, it was probably a relief to have a stress free flash game instead for a lot of players.
Not much happened this round other than Osiris making his pleas. The sad thing is that it definitely made sense for Izanami and Fenrir to boot Amaterasu here. Heimdall is more understandable because she can at least hope that Amaterasu is loyal enough to take her to the end, given that she hasn’t been doing well at most challenges.
The alliance of four is very loyal however. As far as I can tell no discussion was held between any of the three other members to consider booting Amaterasu.
Osiris definitely should’ve been kicking it into high gear earlier though. He’s been hiding on the outside for most of the merge and doesn’t have a lot of trust with anyone.

Finale:

Spoiler: Amaterasu made a final 3 group with plans to eliminate Heimdall. Unfortunately for her, Heimdall won immunity. So she went to Fenrir and Heimdall and told them to vote for Izanami. It ended up working.

Rant
I like this challenge as the finale. It’s intense enough for a final challenge without taking hours of time. Some of the individual tasks were a bit overly hard. Definitely could’ve used a tester for this one.
Izanami being a newbie and Fenrir being loyal to a fault made it pretty difficult for Heimdall. Still, I think had she acted sooner to convince Izanami to save herself and vote Amaterasu, it would’ve given her a better chance to win. Even if Fenrir wasn’t going to flip, Amaterasu could potentially lose a tiebreaker challenge. Even just voting for Amaterasu could help with the jury.
I’m sure Heimdall probably doesn’t know how high the jury is on Amaterasu though. Still, I think either of them could win depending on who presents their case better.
---
Amaterasu’s performance has been good this Final Tribal. Has owned up to mistakes, come across as honest and is taking credit for the things she has done right.
Heimdall has been a bit lackluster. Heimdall has done a lot this game and could probably make that more clear.
Fenrir is doing his best, but doesn’t really have much to work with.

Closing Thoughts

Spoiler: I thought this game went really well. Most players were active, there was some definite fighting back and forth between alliances and power players. You have backstabbing and scheming even in the pre-merge. I would say this was the most active anonymous game so far. Things get a little predictable after Loki’s boot I suppose.

I was really pleased with how smoothly the challenges went for the most part. A lot of time went into designing and setting everything up. I probably could’ve used someone to test things out though. Hopefully some of these ideas get reused by other hosts.

The clans twist was really great during the premerge, and wasn't really intended to be useful post-merge so that was fine. A few clans were inactive but the ones that weren't were straight fire.

This will probably be my last time hosting on the site? I don’t really have plans to host again, which has nothing to do with how this game went. I’ll probably be on the server but unlikely to play for a while. Might have some challenge ideas to spare.

I don’t think any anonymous games are planned or in the works right now at least. It might be wise to have two people split the duties a bit if someone wants to do that.
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby TimeToReap » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:15 pm

Thanks for hostin.
if you are wondering where i have gone check my website

Locking myself out of this account now *dab*
TimeToReap
Doctor
Doctor

Postby mdb1023 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:18 pm

Ttr was typhon? That explains a lot.

I've been wanting to say this for a month:
Voting out someone who welcomed you with open arms and straight up said "I've got your back" Was probably not the wisest move. You were absolutely fucked without me once the tribes merged, and I knew that because of all the shit Loki talked about you.

Anyways, finally got that off my chest, been holding in the salt for a while now. I'll read the rest of this rant later.
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby TimeToReap » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:40 pm

mdb1023 wrote:Ttr was typhon? That explains a lot.

Voting out someone who welcomed you with open arms and straight up said "I've got your back" Was probably not the wisest move. You were absolutely fucked without me once the tribes merged, and I knew that because of all the shit Loki talked about you.

Anyways, finally got that off my chest, been holding in the salt for a while now. I'll read the rest of this rant later.

You deserved it mate.

Sucks you weren’t good enough to convince Ama to keep voting Zeus.
Besides, me dying at merge has nothing to do with you. Don’t claim credit for things that you didn’t effect.
TimeToReap
Doctor
Doctor

Postby dota2reporter » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:45 pm

sorry man, i really didnt trust those words that much

really happy to win this though, so epic
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Postby Phoenyxs » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:33 pm

dota2reporter wrote:

Gratz, I was definitely not expecting you to be Amaterasu to be honest. You played a good game and you definitely earned your win.
Avid Forum Survivor Fan
Survivor: Fusion-18th Place
Survivor: Anarchy-17th Place
Survivor: World Tour-7th Place
Survivor: Ragnarok-6th Place
Survivor: Blindside Island-15th
Phoenyxs
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Location: Somewhere in the Multiverse, probably Ravnica or Tarkir

Postby dota2reporter » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:34 pm

Phoenyxs wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:

Gratz, I was definitely not expecting you to be Amaterasu to be honest. You played a good game and you definitely earned your win.

i mean, i doubt we ever interacted before this game

thanks! i appreciate it
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby TimeToReap » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:37 pm

dota2reporter wrote:
Phoenyxs wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:

i mean, i doubt we ever interacted before this game

thanks! i appreciate it

I only realised who you were after I was eliminated and saw you making memes, despite my only interactions with you being in main chat of the FS discord.
Originally thought you were Vivi/Google but thought there would be no way the Bird would allow that clan.
You played great though, I agree with Phoenyxs. Very well deserved.

TimeToReap
Doctor
Doctor

Postby dota2reporter » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:40 pm

TimeToReap wrote:I only realised who you were after I was eliminated and saw you making memes, despite my only interactions with you being in main chat of the FS discord.
Originally thought you were Vivi/Google but thought there would be no way the Bird would allow that clan.

haha i knew it would give me away but the memes were 100% worth it

thanks a lot mate-o! you were great, my #1 favorite alongside heimdall
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby TimeToReap » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:41 pm

dota2reporter wrote:
TimeToReap wrote:I only realised who you were after I was eliminated and saw you making memes, despite my only interactions with you being in main chat of the FS discord.

Cheers man. You were fun to talk with and a great clanmate!

TimeToReap
Doctor
Doctor

Postby dota2reporter » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:56 pm

TimeToReap wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:

Cheers man. You were fun to talk with and a great clanmate!

:Salute: :Salute: :Salute:
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby mdb1023 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:30 pm

TimeToReap wrote:

You deserved it mate.

Besides, me dying at merge has nothing to do with you. Don’t claim credit for things that you didn’t effect.

I never said I had anything to do with you going out at the merge, just that I knew it was going to happen, and maybe having me there could have changed that.

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby TimeToReap » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:32 pm

mdb1023 wrote:
TimeToReap wrote:

You deserved it mate.

I never said I had anything to do with you going out at the merge, just that I knew it was going to happen, and maybe having me there could have changed that.

We both knew we were screwed at merge.

TimeToReap
Doctor
Doctor

Postby mdb1023 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:33 pm

dota2reporter wrote:

I don't blame you, for you it was clearly the right move. To be completely honest I was whoring myself around with the entire tribe so I'm not surprised it came back to bite me, more so shocked it happened when it did.
I'm saying that for TTR it was a bad move because he had virtually no allies that would get him far enough to make it count.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby mdb1023 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:33 pm

TimeToReap wrote:
mdb1023 wrote:
TimeToReap wrote:

You deserved it mate.

We both knew we were screwed at merge.

You never know what can change when you change the variables.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby dota2reporter » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:35 pm

mdb1023 wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:

I don't blame you, for you it was clearly the right move. To be completely honest I was whoring myself around with the entire tribe so I'm not surprised it came back to bite me, more so shocked it happened when it did.
I'm saying that for TTR it was a bad move because he had virtually no allies that would get him far enough to make it count.

ohh okay, fair nuff
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Next

Return to Completed/Abandoned Games