Inevitability

Looking for some forum fun? This is the place

Inevitability

Postby DJVoxel » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:43 pm

Just as you were on the cusp of greatness, your nemesis, your promised end arrives... far too early.

All of your preparations are wasted as the mass of immeasurable darkness engulfs your reality in an instant. You are left alone, against your foe.

You make out wriggling tentacles, slimy eyes, sharp teeth, but you can never fully comprehend what you face in its totality.

How do you confront The Inevitable?

Currently Confronting the Inevitable:
Spoiler:
    Multiuniverse - 4 Minutes Remain
Discord ID: DJVoxel#2226
DJVoxel
Janitor
Janitor

Re: Inevitability

Postby Multiuniverse » Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:43 am

(Small spoilers for the game omori)

Spoiler: Image

(For those unwilling to view said spoiler: I confront it by calming down)

Thanks parker for the gif and SuperDuper for suggesting rotational sig
Multiuniverse
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby DJVoxel » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:28 am

Multiuniverse wrote:I confront it by calming down

You take a moment to steel your nerves in the face of this monstrosity.

This does not stop The Inevitable, but you quell your fears, and gain more time to act.

You have 5 minutes before The Inevitable
DJVoxel
Janitor
Janitor

Postby Multiuniverse » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:29 pm

I take out my Encyclopedia of Eldritch Horrors, Outer Planar Beings, and other Uncategorised Monstrosities and attempt to identify The Inevitable

Multiuniverse

Postby DJVoxel » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:48 pm

Multiuniverse wrote:I take out my Encyclopedia of Eldritch Horrors, Outer Planar Beings, and other Uncategorised Monstrosities and attempt to identify The Inevitable

The forbidden tome contains knowledge that is impossible to attempt to comprehend.

How do you keep your mind from breaking under the weight of the revelations the book contains?
DJVoxel
Janitor
Janitor

Postby Multiuniverse » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:44 pm

DJVoxel wrote:
Multiuniverse wrote:I take out my Encyclopedia of Eldritch Horrors, Outer Planar Beings, and other Uncategorised Monstrosities and attempt to identify The Inevitable

The forbidden tome contains knowledge that is impossible to attempt to comprehend.

How do you keep your mind from breaking under the weight of the revelations the book contains?

A planeswalker naturally takes several precautions against such dangers.

A tinfoil hat to lessen mental interference.
Necklaces bearing symbols of every recognised major deities and some minor ones.
A magic circle quickly drawn in chalk and sprinkled with holy water to ward off evil. Several scented candles are also recommended, but time is of the essence so that will have to be forgone.
And, most importantly, the Memory Gun, which I will use to erase any forbidden knowledge I gain from the tome, save those that will aid me in facing The Inevitable.

Multiuniverse

Postby DJVoxel » Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:31 am

Multiuniverse wrote:A planeswalker naturally takes several precautions against such dangers.

A tinfoil hat to lessen mental interference.
Necklaces bearing symbols of every recognised major deities and some minor ones.
A magic circle quickly drawn in chalk and sprinkled with holy water to ward off evil. Several scented candles are also recommended, but time is of the essence so that will have to be forgone.
And, most importantly, the Memory Gun, which I will use to erase any forbidden knowledge I gain from the tome, save those that will aid me in facing The Inevitable.

Encyclopedia of Eldritch Horrors, Outer Planar Beings, and other Uncategorised Monstrosities wrote:
The Inevitable:

The Inevitable is an unknown horror from the edge of existence. When The Inevitable appears before an individual, they do not have long before their existence is erased, stolen by the creature to add to its own uncountable existence.

Your foil hat crumples and compresses into a solid marble of tin that rests upon your head.

Encyclopedia of Eldritch Horrors, Outer Planar Beings, and other Uncategorised Monstrosities wrote:Those who have had their existence stolen cease to exist from time and space, having never been born to begin with. Only those with sufficient protection against memory alteration or timeline fluctuations have been able to remember the victims.

Your necklace vibrates for a moment, followed by a sharp CRACK! as all of the symbols break at once. Broken beads, cracked stone, and fractured metal flies away from your neck like shrapnel, disappearing into the endless writhing mass of The Inevitable.

Encyclopedia of Eldritch Horrors, Outer Planar Beings, and other Uncategorised Monstrosities wrote:Those who have prepared to face The Inevitable beforehand will find that whatever they bring with them quickly degrades or returns to its natural form, its inevitable conclusion. Knowledge too, is quickly forgotten, as the tales of the past fade away into the inevitable future. All notes we have of this creature had to be quickly copied by someone at the scene from a rapidly decomposing paper.

A strong gust of wind seems to blow from all sides at once, blasting the floor clean of the chalk circle.

Encyclopedia of Eldritch Horrors, Outer Planar Beings, and other Uncategorised Monstrosities wrote:It only seems to feed from a mere necessity to perpetuate it's own lifespan. As such, it seemingly chooses a being at random, caring only that it remains alive, with no particular preference as to its prey.

The Inevitable will only die once it no longer has another existence with which to sustain its own. It is assumed then, that it may also attempt to keep more destructive creatures at bay, lest there not be enough life left in the universe to create new existence.

You raise the Memory Gun to your head and pull the trigger... but nothing happens. You try a few more times before you realize the gun is jammed.

Encyclopedia of Eldritch Horrors, Outer Planar Beings, and other Uncategorised Monstrosities wrote:
There are no known survivors of The Inevitable

Despite the loss of all of your protections, you find that your mind does not shatter as it should have. All of your memories are washed away in the gust of wind, except those that your subconscious has clung to for survival.

You have 4 minutes before The Inevitable.
DJVoxel
Janitor
Janitor

Postby Multiuniverse » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:51 am

I look at my cards.

Jokers. Twos. Threes.

A losing hand.

Nevertheless... games have been won with worse cards than these.
You but only need the opponent to think you have a royal flush in your hand.

I steel myself, willing the fear and uncertainty out of my face, and approached The Inevitable.

"Hear me, Inevitable! I am Dorobrim of Al'Vahalor, seventh of his name, guardian of the tomb of Karbadesh, and keeper of the eternal key."

"My family has been entrusted with ensuring that the seal on Karbadesh's tomb stays in place and to renew it if necessary. Without us, it will be left to decay and crumble... and release the dreaded Karbadesh once more into the world!"

"Consume me here, consume me now, and all shall forget the existence of the tomb and Karbadesh, the world eater. You will doom the whole galaxy, the whole universe, the whole *multiverse*, to Karbadesh's hunger. There will be no prey left for you to feast on."

"Let me go, Inevitable, so I may return to my holy duty as the guardian of the tomb of Karbadesh and the keeper of the eternal key!"

Multiuniverse

Postby Gasocea » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:27 pm

revive
Segaco#3884
Gasocea

Return to Forum Games