PTR TT and Unity Web Version Thoughts

Leave your feedback about the latest PTR changes!

PTR TT and Unity Web Version Thoughts

Postby emslaya » Sat May 16, 2020 7:19 pm

Hey! I'm really enjoying helping test out the TT and Web Unity Beta on PTR at the moment. Here are some of my thoughts/opinions I have on both after about a week of playing 60+ games.

1. I really HATE the fact that you can't copy/paste text in and out of the PTR ToS window. I normally use the ToS Web version and have enjoyed using site like iemoji to be able to use emojis in the chat or in my will/death notes.

2. As I mentioned in this thread, (https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=108645), TT's need to be able to eliminate other town members when they are the last living evil in the game. TT's are very often the last remaining evil in a town in this mode, so you can be stuck with scenarios where a Sheriff TT is basically twiddling their thumbs for 8 nights before they are finally lynched. I suspect if TT's arent given some sort of ability to realistically still win a game after all other evils are gone that many TT's will end up simply leaving the game when/if this game mode is officially introduced to ToS.

3. I'm unsure if this is the case anymore or what is exactly going on, but in at least some of the games I played over this past week the game autoended when a TT was the last remaining evil alive. It seemed like this was only happening in cases where the TT wasn't a TK-role, a Mayor, or Jailor, but i could be wrong. If this is the case though, it's a HUGE problem. This sort of thing basically outs who TT is in cases where the TT is indeed a TK/Mayor/Jailor. TLDR; game should NEVER autoend simply because TT is the last remaining evil alive or it should ALWAYS autoend.

4. I think adding Medusa as a fixed role to the Coven TT rolelist was a super great idea. The mafia role list needs to be fixed though. Witch not being able to know who evils are at start of game is a huge problem and in many cases it has backfired horribly for evils. This issue can be fixed if witch can know who evils are at the start of the game, but idk if that's possible to do. Witch might just need to be removed entirely and replaced with some other sort of mafia member, (like a fixed jani/consort maybe?), but it would be preferable to just set it up so that Witch automatically knows who evils are.

5. The lag I experience from trying to open up my chatlog in PTR has been so horrific that I basically cant look at it at all.

Other than those things, I've really enjoyed trying everything out so far. TT is a super fun game mode and I do hope it gets added to ToS in the future once all the kinks are ironed out. As a ToS Web player, I've also really enjoyed the ability to use Notes, the fact that a player's number appears by their name in the chat, that revealed roles/rezzed roles/faction member roles appear by a player's name in the player list section, and tons of other neat features that Unity has in it.
Join ToS Friends!

ToS Friends is a community of friendly folks who ❤️ Town of Salem. The server features opt-in lobby pings to fill your ToS games faster, (which is super helpful for filling certain gamemodes), & also often dabbles in party games like Jackbox, BGO, etc together!

Join & make more ToS Friends!: http://www.discord.gg/tosfriends

Disboard: http://www.disboard.org/server/709446612728021033
emslaya
Witch
Witch

Re: PTR TT and Unity Web Version Thoughts

Postby Fourteen » Sun May 17, 2020 4:32 pm

Here's my opinion on those 5 points.

1) I agree 100%
2) There are a couple problems with that (which I have mentioned before). I think maybe giving the TT a single kill that they can use whenever they want would suffice and not cause those problems.
3) Yeah that's annoying. Should be fixed.
4) Agreed
5) Same
Fourteen
Executioner
Executioner

Postby leveria » Mon May 18, 2020 4:34 pm

Totally agree about chatlog chat.

In regards of #3, this is not true. I think it's quiet random.
Today I was BG TT TWICE, both times I was last evil alive.

Game 1: (ended)
witch was still alive but mafia dead
i was confirmed BG as I killed GF and got healed
Jailoer with executions was still alive

Game 2: (continued)
Witch was not alive, all mafia were dead
I wasn't confirmed BG
Jailor was alive (not sure with or without executes)
Last edited by leveria on Wed May 27, 2020 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
leveria
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Transcender » Mon May 18, 2020 4:45 pm

Good post, cant think of any flaws in these at all
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Achilles » Tue May 19, 2020 3:51 pm

There was a bug in the Witch stalemate detector logic, it wasn't counting the Traitor so it was ending games when it shouldn't have been when Witch + Traitor were the last alive. I have that fixed locally and it'll be going onto the PTR soon.
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Postby DocExer » Wed May 20, 2020 11:10 am

@emslaya, the upcoming Beta 5 release will contain some additional enhancements to the performance of the chat log. Thanks for reporting your issues with this. Happy hanging!
DocExer
Developer
Developer

Postby torf » Tue May 26, 2020 9:15 pm

The chat box was very laggy/slidey when scrolling up or down, which made searching for information a tad difficult. Also as a minor nitpick, the colours are way saturated!
torf

Return to PTR Feedback