Idea AllAny

Talk about Forum Mafia feedback, suggestions, etc here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: Idea AllAny

Postby Phone0Ix » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:32 pm

EvanManManMan wrote:
Phone0Ix wrote:
Alzar wrote:just play GIM, the inherent fact that in all any you can start without town majority makes it bastard already

But bastard gamemode =/= a bastard role

Change my mind

GIM is a game mode not a role

But GIM contains bastard roles, AllAny is bastard because of the randomness in the list
Hey I'm Julian, a fan from ToS! If you want to have my Discord username or play a game of ToS, just PM me!

FM stats:
11-24-2
Also look this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:00 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Idea AllAny

Postby Phone0Ix » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:33 pm

Alzar wrote:whats the point of wanting to play a bastard random environment if you're just going to keep to regular standard roles

Well maybe some ppl would want that. Honestly I would like AllAny better than GIM, and possibly others also, atleast they would join it probably
Hey I'm Julian, a fan from ToS! If you want to have my Discord username or play a game of ToS, just PM me!

FM stats:
11-24-2
Also look this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:00 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Idea AllAny

Postby EvanManManMan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:34 pm

Phone0Ix wrote:
EvanManManMan wrote:
Phone0Ix wrote:
Alzar wrote:just play GIM, the inherent fact that in all any you can start without town majority makes it bastard already

But bastard gamemode =/= a bastard role

Change my mind

GIM is a game mode not a role

But GIM contains bastard roles, AllAny is bastard because of the randomness in the list

Wrong
User avatar
EvanManManMan
FM Awards: Town
FM Awards: Town
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:40 pm

Re: Idea AllAny

Postby Phone0Ix » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:58 pm

EvanManManMan wrote:
Phone0Ix wrote:
EvanManManMan wrote:
Phone0Ix wrote:
Alzar wrote:just play GIM, the inherent fact that in all any you can start without town majority makes it bastard already

But bastard gamemode =/= a bastard role

Change my mind

GIM is a game mode not a role

But GIM contains bastard roles, AllAny is bastard because of the randomness in the list

Wrong

If you say wrong in a msg with two things you could say which one and maybe explain why
Hey I'm Julian, a fan from ToS! If you want to have my Discord username or play a game of ToS, just PM me!

FM stats:
11-24-2
Also look this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:00 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Idea AllAny

Postby Alzar » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:18 pm

Actual kind of response: Pretty much any game COULD be run. Evan's appropriately named "Bastard Mess" is next in queue, after all, and we had a recent 50p game with 3 hosts who played in the game. However, appropriate interest needs to be found for games, especially if they're judged to be too imbalanced to run in queue normally. If you find 20 pre-ins of people who desire to play a 20p all any game, I won't stop you.

This also applies to running setups such as 10v5v5, but I'm not sure if anyone's taken up that offer yet.
Spoiler: FM Record Image
Click here if you like crime games/text RPGs.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
User avatar
Alzar
FM Logo Winner
FM Logo Winner
 
Posts: 3348
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:38 pm
Location: GONE NORTH

Re: Idea AllAny

Postby lemonader666 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:00 am

Phone0Ix wrote:
Alzar wrote:whats the point of wanting to play a bastard random environment if you're just going to keep to regular standard roles

Well maybe some ppl would want that. Honestly I would like AllAny better than GIM, and possibly others also, atleast they would join it probably

Read the OP of GIM
Hosted:
VFM42 - Mafia Win
VFM67 - Mafia Win
SFM72 - Mafia, Failed Assassin, The Witch Loss of NFM41 and Last Wish Jester Win
Spoiler: Image
Image
User avatar
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1493
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: Idea AllAny

Postby TheWabbit » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:53 am

Phone0Ix wrote:
EvanManManMan wrote:
Phone0Ix wrote:
EvanManManMan wrote:
Phone0Ix wrote:
Alzar wrote:just play GIM, the inherent fact that in all any you can start without town majority makes it bastard already

But bastard gamemode =/= a bastard role

Change my mind

GIM is a game mode not a role

But GIM contains bastard roles, AllAny is bastard because of the randomness in the list

Wrong

If you say wrong in a msg with two things you could say which one and maybe explain why


GIM also relies on RNG mechanics to determine which role goes in, basically same nature as an All Any. Only difference is that GIM roles is controlled by the players who submit in GIM role threads, while All Any (as the thread endorses) is strapped with existing roles on the role thread
Image

          

User avatar
TheWabbit
FM Awards: Mafia
FM Awards: Mafia
 
Posts: 1301
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 10:37 pm
Location: GMT +8

Re: Idea AllAny

Postby Phone0Ix » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:49 am

Alzar wrote:Actual kind of response: Pretty much any game COULD be run. Evan's appropriately named "Bastard Mess" is next in queue, after all, and we had a recent 50p game with 3 hosts who played in the game. However, appropriate interest needs to be found for games, especially if they're judged to be too imbalanced to run in queue normally. If you find 20 pre-ins of people who desire to play a 20p all any game, I won't stop you.

This also applies to running setups such as 10v5v5, but I'm not sure if anyone's taken up that offer yet.

Ok I'm gonna seek for pre-ins
Hey I'm Julian, a fan from ToS! If you want to have my Discord username or play a game of ToS, just PM me!

FM stats:
11-24-2
Also look this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:00 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Idea AllAny

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:51 am

Spoiler: Metrion (1069 in RU Bracket)06/11/2019
@Ice Ready for 900 more koroks
User avatar
ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
 
Posts: 3011
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:50 pm
Location: Eastern Time

Re: Idea AllAny

Postby Phone0Ix » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:49 pm

Ok I need 6/7 (one was onder special criteria) more pre-ins if you wanna pre-in send me a msg and let the msg end on AllAny pls :)

Currently:
Me
Royee
Chemist1422
TheLukundo
OptimisticalOne
AlbanixAnubibus
gabby100
JamesD28
Cirque
Jezz92
Possibly:
Kears123
Jamezbeast

If we reach the 14 pre-ins Varanus will queue self and later on (I calculated it to be 17E) it would be hosted by Varanus
Last edited by Phone0Ix on Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey I'm Julian, a fan from ToS! If you want to have my Discord username or play a game of ToS, just PM me!

FM stats:
11-24-2
Also look this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:00 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Idea AllAny

Postby 0verki11 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:36 pm

I would join an all any providing mirrorer could roll.
If you need a replacement for an FM or most Forum games, PM me, and ill see if I can replace in.
If you want my discord PM me.
UTC+13 or something is my timezone.


Image
User avatar
0verki11
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:29 am
Location: Somewhere in NZ trying to get a good internet connection

Re: Idea AllAny

Postby OptimisticalOne » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:10 pm

Bumping even though it doesnt need a bump
Forum Mafia Stats
0 wins 2 losses 1 WIP

Image
Thank you for helping my ELECTRIC DRAGON grow!
Spoiler: Game - Death by - Role - lose/win?
NFM62 - Shot by Vigilante - Citizen - Lose
VFM39 - Killed by Mafia - Citizen - Lose

Spoiler: Image
User avatar
OptimisticalOne
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:02 am

Re: Idea AllAny

Postby Varanus » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:50 pm

It's in the queue
glgl

Also mirrorer is going to be in the very very large list of roles that can show up, if that means anything to you
There are going to be a lot of roles available
You were expecting a decent signature...

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
User avatar
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:08 am
Location: Lurking

Re: Idea AllAny

Postby 0verki11 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:54 pm

Varanus wrote:It's in the queue
glgl

Also mirrorer is going to be in the very very large list of roles that can show up, if that means anything to you
There are going to be a lot of roles available

all standard roles apart from Enforcer? Or are you planning to have night chat by default?
If you need a replacement for an FM or most Forum games, PM me, and ill see if I can replace in.
If you want my discord PM me.
UTC+13 or something is my timezone.


Image
User avatar
0verki11
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:29 am
Location: Somewhere in NZ trying to get a good internet connection

Re: Idea AllAny

Postby Varanus » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:57 pm

Night chat is going to be default, Enforcer won't be available
And there are going to be far more roles than what you see in that thread
You were expecting a decent signature...

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
User avatar
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:08 am
Location: Lurking

Re: Idea AllAny

Postby Phone0Ix » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:09 pm

Varanus wrote:Night chat is going to be default, Enforcer won't be available
And there are going to be far more roles than what you see in that thread

Is Citizen in?
Hey I'm Julian, a fan from ToS! If you want to have my Discord username or play a game of ToS, just PM me!

FM stats:
11-24-2
Also look this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:00 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Idea AllAny

Postby Varanus » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:03 pm

Yes
And I'm going to laugh at you if you roll it
You were expecting a decent signature...

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
User avatar
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:08 am
Location: Lurking

Re: Idea AllAny

Postby MrStoldi » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:36 pm

What about you ask me sorry for accusing me of using alts and cheating?
no
User avatar
MrStoldi
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:12 am

Re: Idea AllAny

Postby 0verki11 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:39 pm

MrStoldi wrote:What about you ask me sorry for accusing me of using alts and cheating?

Excuse me what. This isnt the place to discuss this.
Also make sure to Coven roles for the added chaos.
If you need a replacement for an FM or most Forum games, PM me, and ill see if I can replace in.
If you want my discord PM me.
UTC+13 or something is my timezone.


Image
User avatar
0verki11
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:29 am
Location: Somewhere in NZ trying to get a good internet connection

Re: Idea AllAny

Postby MrStoldi » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:41 pm

0verki11 wrote:
MrStoldi wrote:What about you ask me sorry for accusing me of using alts and cheating?

Excuse me what. This isnt the place to discuss this.
Also make sure to Coven roles for the added chaos.



Nobody is talking to you. Mind your own business
no
User avatar
MrStoldi
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:12 am

Re: Idea AllAny

Postby Kirize12 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:59 pm

MrStoldi wrote:
0verki11 wrote:
MrStoldi wrote:What about you ask me sorry for accusing me of using alts and cheating?

Excuse me what. This isnt the place to discuss this.
Also make sure to Coven roles for the added chaos.



Nobody is talking to you. Mind your own business

Nobody is talking to you. Mind your own business
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8816
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Idea AllAny

Postby Chemist1422 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:01 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
MrStoldi wrote:
0verki11 wrote:
MrStoldi wrote:What about you ask me sorry for accusing me of using alts and cheating?

Excuse me what. This isnt the place to discuss this.
Also make sure to Coven roles for the added chaos.



Nobody is talking to you. Mind your own business

Nobody is talking to you. Mind your own business

Nobody is talking to you. Mind your own business
User avatar
Chemist1422
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner
 
Posts: 947
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:39 pm
Location: on the beach at dusk (CST/CDT)

Re: Idea AllAny

Postby Kirize12 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:03 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:
MrStoldi wrote:
0verki11 wrote:
MrStoldi wrote:What about you ask me sorry for accusing me of using alts and cheating?

Excuse me what. This isnt the place to discuss this.
Also make sure to Coven roles for the added chaos.



Nobody is talking to you. Mind your own business

Nobody is talking to you. Mind your own business

Nobody is talking to you. Mind your own business

Image
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8816
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Idea AllAny

Postby Chemist1422 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:04 pm

Oh you didn't mention Chick-Fil-A

Carry on then
User avatar
Chemist1422
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner
 
Posts: 947
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:39 pm
Location: on the beach at dusk (CST/CDT)

Re: Idea AllAny

Postby Varanus » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:18 pm

Image
You were expecting a decent signature...

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
User avatar
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:08 am
Location: Lurking

Previous

Return to FM Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests