NFM Suggestion

Talk about Forum Mafia feedback, suggestions, etc here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

NFM Suggestion

Postby UzayAltay » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:37 am

Rolelist :

TP
TK
RT
RT
RT
5x Cit
MH ( GF , Capo )
RM
RM

Additional :

Plurality , 16B changes , RT cant be TK , Only 1 RT can be cit , Mafia has Day chat , Factional Kills .

What are The opinions ?
( bolds are changes )
38-37 Spoiler: Town Games(21-25)

NFM 50,NFM51 ,NFM52 , 14D , 14 E , NFM 54 ,14H ( AF ) ,14G , NFM 55 , NFM 56 , 15C , NFM 57,NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B , VFM36 , 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38 , NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39,EpisodeXVII , 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64, 19C,VFM58, VFM59,19D,VFM60,SFM66,SFM67,VFM64,SFM70,VFM69,XX7

Scum Games (17-12)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53 , VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54, EpisodeXIX, SFM63, 19E , 19F ,VFM62 ,VFM63,XX3,VFM66,XX5,VFM67,XX6,SFM72,XX8
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 10:17 am

Re: NFM Suggestion

Postby RAmcius » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:11 am

why this setup is more balanced than current one? How these changes increase maf chances to win?
Call me Ramcius, capital a was an accident
User avatar
RAmcius
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:58 am
Location: GMT +2

Re: NFM Suggestion

Postby UzayAltay » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:35 am

RAmcius wrote:why this setup is more balanced than current one? How these changes increase maf chances to win?

16 B changes are mostly nerf for town and buff for Maf .
No confirmed TI
2 RM and Capo make it harder tor town to confirm players based on The Roles Mafia had .
38-37 Spoiler: Town Games(21-25)

NFM 50,NFM51 ,NFM52 , 14D , 14 E , NFM 54 ,14H ( AF ) ,14G , NFM 55 , NFM 56 , 15C , NFM 57,NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B , VFM36 , 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38 , NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39,EpisodeXVII , 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64, 19C,VFM58, VFM59,19D,VFM60,SFM66,SFM67,VFM64,SFM70,VFM69,XX7

Scum Games (17-12)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53 , VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54, EpisodeXIX, SFM63, 19E , 19F ,VFM62 ,VFM63,XX3,VFM66,XX5,VFM67,XX6,SFM72,XX8
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 10:17 am

Re: NFM Suggestion

Postby RAmcius » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:33 pm

first, you shouldn't use experimental changes in newbie game
why you prefer confirmed TK over confirmed TI?
capo shouldn't be used in in newbie game - it a bit complex role and requires knowledge of existing mafia roles and how to use them
Call me Ramcius, capital a was an accident
User avatar
RAmcius
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:58 am
Location: GMT +2

Re: NFM Suggestion

Postby UzayAltay » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:01 pm

RAmcius wrote:first, you shouldn't use experimental changes in newbie game
why you prefer confirmed TK over confirmed TI?
capo shouldn't be used in in newbie game - it a bit complex role and requires knowledge of existing mafia roles and how to use them

Actually , it is not just about It is experimental . Prankster is still 3-shot , and blackmailer is not difference from A role-lookout ( Day ability is useless ) , medium is impossible to fake as newbie , and even as an experienced If You havent Played as medium before , Vigilante is very swingy for NFM and it is A good change for it , so I am only not sure about lookout and Marshall . Marshall change make it closer to other TPs in ToS , so , The only problematic one is Lookout , but I Dont think it is A much big deal .
I preferred confirmed TK , Because NFM 's had RT cant be rolled TK thing , which I Dont want to touch .

Also I forget to add it , but , I think PC could be used as well .
Capo , Okay , it requires information and experience to use it with full benefit , but I think even as A newcomer , they can think self - training , or training to A ToS role which they think good on ToS ( mainly speaking about janitor and consort here ) So , even without best use , they could use it as Middle I think .
38-37 Spoiler: Town Games(21-25)

NFM 50,NFM51 ,NFM52 , 14D , 14 E , NFM 54 ,14H ( AF ) ,14G , NFM 55 , NFM 56 , 15C , NFM 57,NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B , VFM36 , 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38 , NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39,EpisodeXVII , 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64, 19C,VFM58, VFM59,19D,VFM60,SFM66,SFM67,VFM64,SFM70,VFM69,XX7

Scum Games (17-12)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53 , VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54, EpisodeXIX, SFM63, 19E , 19F ,VFM62 ,VFM63,XX3,VFM66,XX5,VFM67,XX6,SFM72,XX8
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 10:17 am

Re: NFM Suggestion

Postby RAmcius » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:17 pm

roles balance isn't NFM issue - anything that isn't standard shouldn't be used in NFM, or people might get confused, when they play standard game and roles will work different

what's PC?
Call me Ramcius, capital a was an accident
User avatar
RAmcius
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:58 am
Location: GMT +2

Re: NFM Suggestion

Postby 0verki11 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:11 pm

Capo is too complex for a standard.
Honeslty the best game to teach newbies is this.
Goon/Godfather
Consort
TP
TI
Cit (x5)
If you need a replacement for an FM or most Forum games, PM me, and ill see if I can replace in.
If you want my discord PM me.
UTC+13 or something is my timezone.


Image
User avatar
0verki11
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:29 am
Location: Somewhere in NZ trying to get a good internet connection

Re: NFM Suggestion

Postby chitownmvp01 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:15 am

UzayAltay wrote:
RAmcius wrote:first, you shouldn't use experimental changes in newbie game
why you prefer confirmed TK over confirmed TI?
capo shouldn't be used in in newbie game - it a bit complex role and requires knowledge of existing mafia roles and how to use them

Actually , it is not just about It is experimental . Prankster is still 3-shot , and blackmailer is not difference from A role-lookout ( Day ability is useless ) , medium is impossible to fake as newbie , and even as an experienced If You havent Played as medium before , Vigilante is very swingy for NFM and it is A good change for it , so I am only not sure about lookout and Marshall . Marshall change make it closer to other TPs in ToS , so , The only problematic one is Lookout , but I Dont think it is A much big deal .
I preferred confirmed TK , Because NFM 's had RT cant be rolled TK thing , which I Dont want to touch .

Also I forget to add it , but , I think PC could be used as well .
Capo , Okay , it requires information and experience to use it with full benefit , but I think even as A newcomer , they can think self - training , or training to A ToS role which they think good on ToS ( mainly speaking about janitor and consort here ) So , even without best use , they could use it as Middle I think .


I agree with Uzay. I get the arguments that Capo is a complex role, but it is so prevalent in FM nowadays that I think it would be beneficial for new players to gain exposure to it early. Teammates can help out too.

Avoid experimental things in NFM. Plurality is already a thing.
Spoiler: Image


Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.


Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
User avatar
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
 
Posts: 8464
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:50 am
Location: Chicagoland (CST/UTC-6 or CDT/UTC-5)

Re: NFM Suggestion

Postby TheWabbit » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:14 pm

more like bring back the neutrals
Image

          

User avatar
TheWabbit
FM Awards: Mafia
FM Awards: Mafia
 
Posts: 1301
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 10:37 pm
Location: GMT +8


Return to FM Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests