FM Moderators Announcements

Talk about Forum Mafia feedback, suggestions, etc here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: FM Moderators Announcements

Postby Rickdaily12 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:44 pm

It is with great excitement that we announce at long last; the actual planning period for our first CFM game is underway!

The pitch that has been selected by both the moderators and the community is "FM Player Roles Game", jointly pitched by Santa07 and leyva45. They will be co-hosting this game with me, and we will now be meeting to discuss the particulars of how the game will be run.

You can expect to see signups opening for this game within the near future. :)
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12
FM Awards: Town
FM Awards: Town

Postby ObiWan » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:49 pm

I've decided that since iggys game is almost done - I will be opening sign ups for my game shortly.

I will be doing a werewolf game myself (I had planned on doing it a long time ago but I promised Metrion I'd do dual Mafia)
I realize Iggy is just finishing his but a lot of people didn't get a chance to play in his game. Letting others participate will also let us know if this is a good role to use in our official games or not.

Stay tuned for sign ups.
This was not the scumslip you were looking for.

Alzar wrote:there is no such thing as a meta, forum mafia is a lie, we are products of a confused society

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby ObiWan » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:09 am

If you've died in a CFM game and wish to join another PLEASE contact your moderator(s) beforehand and ask if it's okay.
This also goes for if you're in an FM game and wish to join another FM game.

Remember - you may only join 1 FM and 1 CFM game at a time.

This has been a message from your friendly neighborhood Jedi Moderator.

Alzar wrote:there is no such thing as a meta, forum mafia is a lie, we are products of a confused society

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby ObiWan » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:54 pm

If you're posting a CFM pitch - please contact an FMod right after to make your poll.
Send us a PM with what you want your poll question to be as well. Examples can be found in previous pitches.
I don't always check FM discussion right away and it would make things easier.

Thanks guys !

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby iggyvolz » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:06 am

We will be re-booting CFM 1 in the coming days (officially titled CFM1B) with a 20-player role list. Advance signups have been PM'd to the first 20 players from the CFM1 signup list, and full signups will go up tomorrow.
Greatest failures/shitshows:
iggyvolz
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Metrion » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:59 pm

Episode VI will be starting very soon! Be on the lookout for signups as early as today!
Metrion
FM Awards: Creator

Postby Metrion » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:02 pm

Just a notafication that FM Moderators do not see reports, even those filed in the FM Sub-Board. If you wish to call the attention of something to one of the friendly neighbourhood forum mafia moderators shoot us a pm.
Metrion

Postby iggyvolz » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:15 am

Signup warning - At this point 8 spots remain for CFM 1B signups (any CFM1 player in the first 22 signed up that never participated in CFM2 should have gotten a PM with an invitation for a reserved spot - that is still valid). Any remaining spots will be filled tomorrow morning in a first-come first-served signup thread.
iggyvolz
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby ObiWan » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:00 am

Do NOT post in any game you aren't in - for any reason.
If you're waiting for a mod to respond to you - be patient. We do have lives too.
If you have a question - PM the mod directly.

If you see anyone doing this - PM the mod in charge.

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby iggyvolz » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:20 pm

I have decided to step down from moderating the CFM1 revival for reasons I don't wish to go into. ObiWan will be replacing me.
iggyvolz
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Guzame » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:29 pm

ValeforRaine has joined our team as the newest Forum Mafia Moderator!
Guzame
Jailor
Jailor

Postby ObiWan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:09 pm

I would like to say something to you all, and I'd like you to hear me closely.
Note - this is me talking. Not all the mods.

Before you join a game in the future, please ask yourself, can I give 100% to this game, no matter the role I get?
If there is even a little bit of hesitation - don't join.

Now, I realize things come up in life and sometimes you find out later you can't give it your all. And that is definitely okay. Asking for a replacement is not bad in that case and very understandable.
I also realize you might not get the ideal role you love every game. It's tough to try to adapt to each role - but as long as you try, I'm happy.
If you're the type of person who seems to be leaving games because you don't like the role - maybe FM isn't for you.

When I check for prods - I can see everywhere else you have posted. It is really hard to see someone post a million times in other threads, but have not posted once in the game you're moderating.

As mods - we take time out of our life to run these games. So not to give your all, when I know you can, breaks my heart a bit.
It is also letting down your team in the game.

Now - I'm not talking to all of you. I know a lot of you are amazing players and give their all each game. But, If you're sitting here reading this thinking, "I probably didn't give that much effort into some of these game.." Then next game, I ask, please do.
I'd rather someone not join my game, then join it and give minimum effort.

I post this because I feel I can be open and honest with you guys about how I'm feeling.
If you try, I'm always happy.
If you have any questions/concerns about anything I've said above - feel free to PM me.

Fair winds

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby ValeforRaine » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:39 pm

As I'm sure many of you have gathered, I'll be hosting TheCow's CFM game. I was hesitant to announce it until I had a mafia chat and could properly host, but it was all sorted out earlier today. Sign-ups will be posted in the next hour or so.
Sing something new, I have nothing left,
I can't face the dark without
you.
There's nothing left to lose, the fight never ends,
you.

Holding the hand that holds me down.
I forgive you, forget you,
the end.
ValeforRaine
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby ObiWan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:30 pm

As you can see, the FM discussions section has been changed a bit. I've unstickied everything but this thread and the FM Main Hub.
We will use that instead of having too many stickies.
Thank you to Arckas for creating the thread.

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby iggyvolz » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:20 pm

I will be going forward with a "laid-back" FM game (really can't think of a good title...) where a player may post only once per day via a PM to my inbox. VIP signups (aka people waiting on backup lists) go out tomorrow night (EST) and open signups will go up Friday morning (also EST) For full details please see the associated discussion thread.

I'm not exactly sure on the classification of this - it will probably be in the "Special" category but that will be decided before signups are posted.

Please note that this is a very experimental game - if it does not go well the game may be cancelled. Please do not harass me to cancel the game - this is ultimately my decision with support from the other moderators. I will also tolerate no gamethrowing regardless of the state of the game. Please do not test me on this - it results in hurt feelings all around which has happened before.
iggyvolz
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby ObiWan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:18 am

I realize a lot of you guys use skype - that's fine. But if you're in a game - do not talk about the game with players currently alive in your game. Period. It's cheating.
If you want to say something and don't know whether it is considered cheating - PM your mod and ask to be safe.

If you see someone doing this in your skype group - screenshot/copy it and send it to the mod in charge.
Thanks

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Metrion » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:50 pm

A short FM game is up for players who are not in any game but slow FM.

It's a test, that I hope works out.
Metrion

Postby ObiWan » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:58 pm

Sign ups for my next game will be Tonight (February 20th) at 9:00 PM CST (GMT -6:00)

I will be doing another Werewolf game with a slight change to the Werewolf role.

See you there :)

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby ObiWan » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:14 pm

Change of plans.

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby ObiWan » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:54 am

Sign ups will be posted shortly. Apologies for doing it early - something came up and I cannot do it later.
The mods have permission to edit my main post and add people in if they wish.

If sign ups fill fast - I will still be starting confirmation PM's tomorrow.

Stay tuned

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Metrion » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:36 pm

6B has finished and CFM4 pitched originally by IAmAMunchlax will be proceeding extremely soon.
Metrion

Postby ObiWan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:27 pm

This is just me speaking - not all of the FM Mods.
I know things are being brought up about some GMods here on the forum.
I'm not going to address that situation - since this is FM. If you want to go comment on that thread, you can do so if you wish.

If you have any problems with a FM Mod - I encourage you to talk to that Mod about it.
If you do not feel comfortable talking to that FM Mod, you can always come to me and talk about it, or any other FM Mod you feel comfortable with.
If I am the particular Mod you have a problem with - I really would like to discuss what issues you have in a friendly manner.
But, if you don't even feel comfortable talking to me about it, talk to at least one of the other FM Mods.

If you do not tell us what the problem is, we won't know about it.
Therefore - we won't know how to fix it in the future.

I care about all of you guys here in our little FM bubble, and don't want to see anyone get hurt.

If there's anything I can do for anyone, don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

-Obi

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Metrion » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:43 pm

I'd like to remind everyone that is or will be in an FM game to think before you post something on Skype, Social Media or on the Forums in general. Make sure that it doesn't reveal someone's role or critical information about the game.

CFM4 will be re-rolled and re-started, I'm deeply sorry for any trouble this might cause, but it is the most logical course of action at this time.
Metrion

Postby ValeforRaine » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:27 pm

Sign ups for my next game will be posted in the next day or so. Not sure when exactly, as I have my own stuff to complete and need to make sure I have everything in order, but that's the general time frame I'm looking at. With luck, it will be before I go to bed tonight. ;)
Sing something new, I have nothing left,
you.
There's nothing left to lose, the fight never ends,
you.

Holding the hand that holds me down.
I forgive you, forget you,
the end.
ValeforRaine
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Guzame » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:31 am

I am resigning from my position as Lead Moderator. ObiWan will replace me. For more information: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16711
Guzame
Jailor
Jailor

PreviousNext

Return to FM Discussion