Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Talk about Forum Mafia feedback, suggestions, etc here.

Moderators: Metrion, FM Game Moderators

Re: Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Postby chitownmvp01 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:51 pm

ElderSivart wrote:I think it's the same idea as ISO userscript but it's not handled on the user's side yeah.
I see what you're looking for now and it seems more useful for FM than what I linked because it allows you to link posts easily vs just seeing their numbers if I'm understanding correctly.

The description for the extension I linked says that phpbb doesn't store post numbers, only IDs, unless I'm misunderstanding the FAQ, so you might have some trouble finding one exactly like MU...
Post numbers are calculated on-the-fly when rendering a topic page. Post numbers are not stored in the database.


Oh, MS has exactly what you're talking about. Built in ISO userscript with the [post]number[/post] BBCode. I'll tell TurdPile. Thanks! :)
Spoiler: Image

Spoiler:
Image
Thanks Burgy!

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.


Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, GF, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
User avatar
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
 
Posts: 8828
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:50 am
Location: Chicagoland (CST/UTC-6 or CDT/UTC-5)

Re: Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Postby chitownmvp01 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:21 pm

chitownmvp01 wrote:
ElderSivart wrote:I think it's the same idea as ISO userscript but it's not handled on the user's side yeah.
I see what you're looking for now and it seems more useful for FM than what I linked because it allows you to link posts easily vs just seeing their numbers if I'm understanding correctly.

The description for the extension I linked says that phpbb doesn't store post numbers, only IDs, unless I'm misunderstanding the FAQ, so you might have some trouble finding one exactly like MU...
Post numbers are calculated on-the-fly when rendering a topic page. Post numbers are not stored in the database.


Oh, MS has exactly what you're talking about. Built in ISO userscript with the [post]number[/post] BBCode. I'll tell TurdPile. Thanks! :)


Darn. He told me that link you posted only works for phpbb version 3.2. This forum uses 3.0.
Spoiler: Image

Spoiler:
Image
Thanks Burgy!

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.


Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, GF, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
User avatar
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
 
Posts: 8828
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:50 am
Location: Chicagoland (CST/UTC-6 or CDT/UTC-5)

Re: Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Postby TheWabbit » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:24 pm

Can't we just like upgrade?
Image

        




User avatar
TheWabbit
FM Awards: Mafia
FM Awards: Mafia
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 10:37 pm
Location: GMT +8

Re: Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Postby ElderSivart » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:24 pm

Probably easier said than done.
ElderSivart
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 646
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:55 pm
Location: Alrest

Re: Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Postby melanora » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:37 pm

Let me uhhhh....

-stares at the screen-

I mean okay so feasibly like this could be done because it's more or less the same as the ISO userscript and maybe with some fiddling I can make it happen but at the same time don't hold your breath because I don't do stuff like this anymore but like...

Actually it would be easier to just drag deferentsheep back here and have him fucking code this shit.
#overthrowthepatriarchy #babyforfmmod
I'm not a fucking gmod. Don't send me shit about your ban appeal.

Image

FM Record
Spoiler: Image
User avatar
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:44 pm
Location: EST

Re: Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Postby chitownmvp01 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:46 pm

melanora wrote:Let me uhhhh....

-stares at the screen-

I mean okay so feasibly like this could be done because it's more or less the same as the ISO userscript and maybe with some fiddling I can make it happen but at the same time don't hold your breath because I don't do stuff like this anymore but like...

Actually it would be easier to just drag deferentsheep back here and have him fucking code this shit.


I don't know how to code. I wish I did. But you have a good idea.

TheWabbit wrote:Can't we just like upgrade?


Agreed
Spoiler: Image

Spoiler:
Image
Thanks Burgy!

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.


Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, GF, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
User avatar
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
 
Posts: 8828
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:50 am
Location: Chicagoland (CST/UTC-6 or CDT/UTC-5)

Re: Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Postby UzayAltay » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:34 pm

From my Limited information , we need a code which give us ID when we write post number. ( Unless we upgrade ) If it is found , it is possible to make a code for that I think .
( At least If There is no code maded , we can do sth like [url=Code(post-number)]#post-number[/url]. )
25-30 Spoiler: Town Games(15-22)

NFM 50 , NFM 51 ,NFM52 , 14D , 14 E , NFM 54 ,14H ( AF ) ,14G , NFM 55 , NFM 56 , 15C , NFM 57,NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B , VFM36 , 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38 , NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39,EpisodeXVII , 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64,19C,VFM58

Scum Games (10-8)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53 , VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54,EpisodeXIX,SFM63

Ongoing :
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 10:17 am

Re: Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Postby UzayAltay » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:47 pm

The question is is there a code for that ? If yes , which code?
25-30 Spoiler: Town Games(15-22)

NFM 50 , NFM 51 ,NFM52 , 14D , 14 E , NFM 54 ,14H ( AF ) ,14G , NFM 55 , NFM 56 , 15C , NFM 57,NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B , VFM36 , 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38 , NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39,EpisodeXVII , 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64,19C,VFM58

Scum Games (10-8)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53 , VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54,EpisodeXIX,SFM63

Ongoing :
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 10:17 am

Re: Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Postby chitownmvp01 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:47 am

UzayAltay wrote:The question is is there a code for that ? If yes , which code?


Idk

Meanwhile, [post]postid[/post] has been added by TurdPile.

Thank you TurdPile! :D
Spoiler: Image

Spoiler:
Image
Thanks Burgy!

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.


Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, GF, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
User avatar
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
 
Posts: 8828
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:50 am
Location: Chicagoland (CST/UTC-6 or CDT/UTC-5)

Re: Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:18 am

#4 test
It seems as if you cannot substitute the number out for text though.

Edit: Doesn’t work :?
Spoiler: Metrion (1069 in RU Bracket)06/11/2019
@Ice Ready for 900 more koroks?
avi
User avatar
ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
 
Posts: 3193
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:50 pm
Location: Eastern Time

Re: Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Postby ElderSivart » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:00 am

It's post ID, not post number (I think)
#2808915 This might be your post?

Edit: Yeah that worked.
#1424158 should be the OP of this thread.

It's inelegant but it's something.
ElderSivart
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 646
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:55 pm
Location: Alrest

Re: Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:07 am

ElderSivart wrote:It's post ID, not post number (I think)

#justTurdPilethings
Spoiler: Metrion (1069 in RU Bracket)06/11/2019
@Ice Ready for 900 more koroks?
avi
User avatar
ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
 
Posts: 3193
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:50 pm
Location: Eastern Time

Re: Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Postby chitownmvp01 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:11 am

It only works for Post ID. We'll probably have to do the post number thing as a modification to the ISO Userscript or make a new userscript. I don't know how to do that though.
Spoiler: Image

Spoiler:
Image
Thanks Burgy!

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.


Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, GF, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
User avatar
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
 
Posts: 8828
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:50 am
Location: Chicagoland (CST/UTC-6 or CDT/UTC-5)

Re: Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Postby Varanus » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:04 am

I'll try a modification to the userscript for this

Phpbb can't do post # in thread because it doesn't know the thread number you're posting in unless you supply it yourself
You were expecting a decent signature...

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
User avatar
Varanus
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:08 am
Location: Lurking

Re: Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Postby chitownmvp01 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:18 am

Varanus wrote:I'll try a modification to the userscript for this

Phpbb can't do post # in thread because it doesn't know the thread number you're posting in unless you supply it yourself


Good luck! :)
Spoiler: Image

Spoiler:
Image
Thanks Burgy!

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.


Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, GF, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
User avatar
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
 
Posts: 8828
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:50 am
Location: Chicagoland (CST/UTC-6 or CDT/UTC-5)

Re: Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Postby UzayAltay » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:18 am

Post ID is A good start .
And good luck Var .
25-30 Spoiler: Town Games(15-22)

NFM 50 , NFM 51 ,NFM52 , 14D , 14 E , NFM 54 ,14H ( AF ) ,14G , NFM 55 , NFM 56 , 15C , NFM 57,NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B , VFM36 , 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38 , NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39,EpisodeXVII , 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64,19C,VFM58

Scum Games (10-8)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53 , VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54,EpisodeXIX,SFM63

Ongoing :
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 10:17 am

Re: Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Postby Varanus » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:13 pm

Making post now for testing purposes

p#0
p#-24
p#100
p#243
You were expecting a decent signature...

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
User avatar
Varanus
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:08 am
Location: Lurking

Re: Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Postby UzayAltay » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:13 pm

I realized A thing , There is A thing between post IDs ( earlier posts has smaller IDs) , so If we order IDs , we can Match them with post Numbers , which is The thing we need I guess .
The question is how to Do that ? It seems A software information is needed for that , which I Dont have.
25-30 Spoiler: Town Games(15-22)

NFM 50 , NFM 51 ,NFM52 , 14D , 14 E , NFM 54 ,14H ( AF ) ,14G , NFM 55 , NFM 56 , 15C , NFM 57,NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B , VFM36 , 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38 , NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39,EpisodeXVII , 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64,19C,VFM58

Scum Games (10-8)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53 , VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54,EpisodeXIX,SFM63

Ongoing :
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 10:17 am

Re: Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Postby TwitchCattz » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:01 am

I don't know if this has ever been asked, but how do you calculate how many votes are needed for a lynch?
Always called Vinyl Scratch these days.

I enjoy playing Town of Salem, but will never risk a ban to do what others think is right that I know is wrong.
User avatar
TwitchCattz
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:24 pm

Re: Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Postby ZSSDistortion » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:20 am

TwitchCattz wrote:I don't know if this has ever been asked, but how do you calculate how many votes are needed for a lynch?


Assuming no modifiers are in play I believe majority/votes needed for a lynch tend to be calculated like this:

Even number of players: (Number of players / 2) + 1
Odd number of players: (Number of players / 2) and round up the number you get.

Spoiler: For example:

Even no. of players: 20 players are alive. Half that number to get 10 and add 1 to get 11 which is majority.
Odd no. of players: 21 players are alive. Half that number to get 10.5 and then round it up to get 11 which is majority.
Image
Spoiler: Image

FM Record
15-13-1
Spoiler: Image
User avatar
ZSSDistortion
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:32 am
Location: cp_badlands on the RED team [UTC +1]

Re: Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Postby Varanus » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:12 pm

It's just greater than 50% of the votes
You were expecting a decent signature...

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
User avatar
Varanus
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:08 am
Location: Lurking

Re: Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Postby ZSSDistortion » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:46 pm

Varanus wrote:It's just greater than 50% of the votes


ye
Image
Spoiler: Image

FM Record
15-13-1
Spoiler: Image
User avatar
ZSSDistortion
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:32 am
Location: cp_badlands on the RED team [UTC +1]

Re: Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Postby chitownmvp01 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:45 pm

ZSSDistortion wrote:
Varanus wrote:It's just greater than 50% of the votes


ye


I didn't know. I thought majority was 45% or something.

Well to be on topic, a suggestion I have is to have the FM Main Hub and/or the ECO as one of the announcements under Game Threads. I know this sounds kinda lazy, but it just makes it more easy/convenient to find. I often find myself looking for the ECO, and it would be nice to be able to access it in 1-2 clicks.
Spoiler: Image

Spoiler:
Image
Thanks Burgy!

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.


Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, GF, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
User avatar
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
 
Posts: 8828
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:50 am
Location: Chicagoland (CST/UTC-6 or CDT/UTC-5)

Re: Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Postby chitownmvp01 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:02 am

chitownmvp01 wrote:
ZSSDistortion wrote:
Varanus wrote:It's just greater than 50% of the votes


ye


I didn't know. I thought majority was 45% or something.

Well to be on topic, a suggestion I have is to have the FM Main Hub and/or the ECO as one of the announcements under Game Threads. I know this sounds kinda lazy, but it just makes it more easy/convenient to find. I often find myself looking for the ECO, and it would be nice to be able to access it in 1-2 clicks.


Well nobody commented on this suggestion, but I have another one to offer.

Because of issues with multiple games with inexperienced hosts being canned lately (no offense). I am suggesting that all first time hosts should be required to host a VFM or basic SFM (Basic setup for the amount of players in a TFM) or if they host any other type of game, they should have an experienced co-host.

Exceptions to this rule would be having hosting experience in TG and/or other Mafia sites. If one falls in this exception, they can host any type of game solo (except for NFM, as I think the NFM hosting requirement should remain the same) or with another co-host who falls under this exception. The game(s) hosted need to not be full of mistakes in order to count.

People who fail to fulfill this requirement currently on the queue should be grandfathered.

Thoughts?
Last edited by chitownmvp01 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler: Image

Spoiler:
Image
Thanks Burgy!

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.


Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, GF, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
User avatar
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
 
Posts: 8828
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:50 am
Location: Chicagoland (CST/UTC-6 or CDT/UTC-5)

Re: Questions, Answers & Suggestions

Postby UzayAltay » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:11 am

chitownmvp01 wrote:
chitownmvp01 wrote:
ZSSDistortion wrote:
Varanus wrote:It's just greater than 50% of the votes


ye


I didn't know. I thought majority was 45% or something.

Well to be on topic, a suggestion I have is to have the FM Main Hub and/or the ECO as one of the announcements under Game Threads. I know this sounds kinda lazy, but it just makes it more easy/convenient to find. I often find myself looking for the ECO, and it would be nice to be able to access it in 1-2 clicks.


Well nobody commented on this suggestion, but I have another one to offer.

Because of issues with multiple games with inexperienced hosts being canned lately (no offense). I am suggesting that all first time hosts should be required to host a VFM or basic SFM (Basic setup for the amount of players in a TFM) or if they host any other type of game, they should have an experienced co-host.

Exceptions to this rule would be having hosting experience in TG and/or other Mafia sites. If one falls in this exception, they can host any type of game solo (except for NFM, as I think the NFM hosting requirement should remain the same) or with another co-host who falls under this exception.

Thoughts?


+1
25-30 Spoiler: Town Games(15-22)

NFM 50 , NFM 51 ,NFM52 , 14D , 14 E , NFM 54 ,14H ( AF ) ,14G , NFM 55 , NFM 56 , 15C , NFM 57,NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B , VFM36 , 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38 , NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39,EpisodeXVII , 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64,19C,VFM58

Scum Games (10-8)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53 , VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54,EpisodeXIX,SFM63

Ongoing :
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 10:17 am

PreviousNext

Return to FM Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest