No Jester & No Citizen game

Talk about Forum Mafia feedback, suggestions, etc here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: No Jester & No Citizen game

Postby Guzame » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:38 pm

MarcoTheRed wrote:
Guzame wrote:Yes, I'm also considering a "classic" mafia game for variation.

Mafia originally had very few roles:

-Citizen
-Cops (Sheriffs)
-Mafia goons
-Godfather(optional)
No last wills, no deathnotes, no whispering.

The cop checks people at night to see if they're a goon. The godfather is immune to detection.
The godfather chooses who dies at night. If there is no Gf or he is dead, the goons vote for who dies.

It's a pretty fun game mode. This game relies purely on game discussion and misdirection.
With cops as the only town role, it's easy for the mafia to hide.
If you're a cop and you find mafia, should you reveal it? If you do, you'll be killed the next night. If you don't, the information could die with you. A better option may be getting them lynched by focusing on their suspicious behaviour without revealing who you are
are.
And if somebody claims to be a cop, can you really trust them? A sneaky mafia member could pretend to be a cop to get a townie lynched.

It could be fun, but the game should be much quicker then normal FM, otherwise it would get very boring.

If anything, a game relying on discussion should have longer days, not shorter. :P
Guzame
Jailor
Jailor

Postby MarcoTheRed » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:46 pm

Guzame wrote:
MarcoTheRed wrote:

-Citizen
-Cops (Sheriffs)
-Mafia goons
-Godfather(optional)

The cop checks people at night to see if they're a goon. The godfather is immune to detection.
The godfather chooses who dies at night. If there is no Gf or he is dead, the goons vote for who dies.

It's a pretty fun game mode. This game relies purely on game discussion and misdirection.
If you're a cop and you find mafia, should you reveal it? If you do, you'll be killed the next night. If you don't, the information could die with you. A better option may be getting them lynched by focusing on their suspicious behaviour without revealing who you are
are.
And if somebody claims to be a cop, can you really trust them? A sneaky mafia member could pretend to be a cop to get a townie lynched.

It could be fun, but the game should be much quicker then normal FM, otherwise it would get very boring.

If anything, a game relying on discussion should have longer days, not shorter. :P

You're right. Maybe you could try with 10-15 players to see how it goes, and if it works, do it with 20. :)
Joined ToS on March 19th (2014)

Spoiler: Image
Thank you Dragon! :D
Thank you Mr. Duwun! :D

MarcoTheRed
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner

Postby enderitem » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:08 pm

I think this place should also used for role testing. It can help the developers to decide and can add new spices to the game. I am still waiting for the Bomber to appear for III-B
enderitem
FM Awards: Creator

Postby iggyvolz » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:10 pm

enderitem wrote:I think this place should also used for role testing. It can help the developers to decide and can add new spices to the game. I am still waiting for the Bomber to appear for III-B

It already is a testing ground. And also please note that the Bomber is a possible role in 3B. It is not guaranteed to appear.
Greatest failures/shitshows:
iggyvolz
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby enderitem » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:00 pm

iggyvolz wrote:
enderitem wrote:I think this place should also used for role testing. It can help the developers to decide and can add new spices to the game. I am still waiting for the Bomber to appear for III-B

It already is a testing ground. And also please note that the Bomber is a possible role in 3B. It is not guaranteed to appear.

I know. That is why I am waiting for it to appear. :D
enderitem

Postby Santa07 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:26 am

-Citizen
-Cops (Sheriffs)
-Mafia goons
-Godfather(optional)

are.

It sounds pretty cool... I've played party mafia with roles like that (there was also a doctor), and it was purely based on who was suspicious and who wasn't. It was quite tricky too.

EDIT
oh lol there are two pages.

whoops.
Santa07
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Previous

Return to FM Discussion