Forum Mafia STORY (Day 6 ENDS)

Talk about Forum Mafia feedback, suggestions, etc here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: Forum Mafia STORY (Day 6 ENDS)

Postby Technetium » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:52 pm

I'll take one of the slots, if that's OK. Is it?

In memory of those who have been deleted.
The last poster to survive Blindside Island will win a cookie. Or perhaps 1500...
Technetium#8515 on Discord
Technetium
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Rickdaily12 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:57 pm

Sure, just PM me a request to be written in. I may have multiple requests- in case I do I like to PM people to work out any stuff to make personal points about them in the story. Whoever seems easy, effortless to work into the story and fits the plotline best for the character I have in mind- those are typically the cameos I add in anyway.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12
FM Awards: Town

Postby Alzar » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:07 pm

waIT RICK ADD ME

I'LL BRING THE DILDOs
Spoiler: FM Record Image
Click here if you like crime games/text RPGs.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Alzar
FM Logo Winner
FM Logo Winner

Postby Rickdaily12 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:13 pm

By the way, guys, I'll probably be making a new thread for all of this once I'm done polishing the early chapters.

So, do you want me to post the polished chapters as I'm going, or do you want me to post them all at once when I've finished all of them?
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Rickdaily12

Postby Technetium » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:14 pm

I vote to have them put up one at a time.

The last poster to survive Blindside Island will win a cookie. Or perhaps 1500...
Technetium
Godfather
Godfather

Postby deferentsheep » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:25 pm

/join make me a citizen
bound to the sky for eternity, the unbudging god is all-knowing, all-seeing
deferentsheep
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Alzar » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:29 pm

/join

d-does this work ;-;
Alzar
FM Logo Winner
FM Logo Winner

Postby Watt2015 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:30 pm

I have no idea where I'd fit :D
Favourite Quote:
Spoiler:
leeten wrote:Are you even an IC holy fuck you pandering pile of shit

You should probably click this.
Watt2015
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: Forum Mafia STORY (PROLOGUE)

Postby Rickdaily12 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:49 pm

=== Prologue ===

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Don't miss out on this!!!
Date: Fri Mar 20, 4:03 AM
To: Rickdaily12

PyromonkeyGG wrote:Hello, Rick! I'm thrilled to share some exciting news with you!

There's been some development in virtual game technology happening in high profile companies as of late, and I'm told they were looking to find some volunteers to test out their simulations on a game they've been working on. You've probably guessed which game it is- it's Mafia! It's been a huge collaborative project, and it's been a few years in the making, but they were kind enough to share this with us here at BMG. They asked us to forward any information to players located near where they'd have their presentations. Winnipeg was on that list, so here we are!

On Monday, March 23rd, you might be able to play in a live, interactive version of Mafia! It's very cutting edge, so you should really go check it out! They can only take on so many volunteers, so you should hurry to take one of those spots before someone else beats you to it!

From what I was told, it shouldn't cost you anything to participate, and you shouldn't need to bring anything with you either. As long as you're there by noon to register, I'm sure you'll be fine and cleared to go. The address I was given to refer you to was this...

[...]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- 12:02 PM ---

"I'm here! I'm Rick Miller."
I wave at the marshal addressing a small group of us, reading my name out loud from a list.
"Sorry, I probably wasn't loud enough the first time." I approach him. "I normally have the opposite problem, but I'm sure you can tell..."
The Winnipeg Convention Centre was fairly well known for its common events and gatherings, and today was a day like most others. There were two different socials, one of a wedding, and one involving a group of undergraduate Business students. So the area was filled with chatter like always.
"That's quite fine." The marshal gives me a quick look, then refers back to his clip board. "Would you like to step into the back with us?" And then he turns to the rest of those who showed up. "Everyone else, I believe we have filled our last spot at this time. You are allowed to go, we will call you directly should a replacement be needed and you are to fill it."
At least ten others must have been standing behind me, groaning in disapproval and disappointment, turning to the door.
"Congratulations." He smiles at me, leading me down a smaller corridor out of the noisy hall. "You must be very excited about all of this."
"Well, sure, but I'm mostly curious if anything else." I regard him. "When I was hearing about it, there really wasn't a whole lot of details shared..."
"It's the chance to play Mafia and get the real time experience!" He opens the door into a small empty room. "We figured we'd draw a large crowd of people who know the game all too well, which is exactly what we were hoping! The way you spoke of the game to our interviewers, well, I'm sure you know that you must have impressed some of them for you to be all the way here."
I sit at a table where he ushers me to. "So wait, I took the last spot? But I was the only one out of the crowd you took."
He sits across from me. "We're hoping you could be our last person, we've actually been taking people for the past several hours. You're the last wave of people to come in. We've sent away many others, so I'm sure you must realize how fortunate you really are to be here."
'That didn't quite answer my question.' I bite my lip. 'But the experience here is meant to be real time Mafia- how could they have been spending hours looking for someone like me, when I got here on time, exactly when I was told to?'
But I smile anyway. "It's hard not to be convinced, I guess. Is there anything else I need to do?"
"Yes." He takes out a stack of three papers. "These are our waiver forms. Just a bit of legal things to take care of, and we can get started right away. Now, we'll go over the gist of how this works, and then once you sign, we're good to go!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is not a single combination of two people in the world, who are the exact same person.
Actors are among those who must remember this one simple fact. Every time they try to adopt a new personality to match their newest character, it is very easy to forget every life detail forged for that person. The most mundane things will be of groundbreaking importance to the person they are trying to mimic and portray. Things that hardly matter to the role's impostor can sometimes be a matter of life or death for the character.
But those who play in a role-playing game of any kind, one where the words "out of character" has any meaning, are almost certainly quick to forget this fact while they delve into their fantasies. Their intentions are always harmless, mind you, but it's all the same.
When you play the role of someone you're not, you discover many things that strikes your character off, that you yourself hardly notice. This is because at the root of your core, the person you're portraying is not you, and most of the time you need someone else who knows your character to catch you on an inconsistency to help ease you back into synchronization.
For that is the goal in a role-playing game. It's harmless, meant to be fun. You entertain yourselves by pretending to be something you're not.
You don't notice every small little detail that the character focuses on, because when you forget those details, your peers laugh at you, and you try again.
When the actual character forgets those details, however, they find themselves stressing out over a real problem.
Yet, what greater problem would the actor be in, than realizing these details are actually suddenly relevant in their own life?

"Congratulations!" The marshal enters the room with my papers. "You're accepted, we have a spot for you once you arrive in the arena. You're all set."
I frown. "Wait. What? I'll... be arriving in an arena?"
"Yes. You're to be prepped to enter with the other contestants around 4 this afternoon, so I'm here to brief you on how what you can be expecting."
"No." I shake my head. "That can't be right. You told me earlier that the events here are meant to be as real to the experience as possible."
"That is precisely why I'm here: to tell you what you can expect." He nods. "You'll be there in person, there is no performance. It is as real as real gets."
I get up from my chair in horror. He can't be serious... can he?
"Let's suppose I'm a Doctor. Someone gets shot, and I arrive to them... in person?"
He grins. "And your duty will be to restore them back to health. You'll be the only one who knows how to perform the surgery to save their life."
"And let's say I'm a Serial Killer?!" I'm screaming at him now.
"Oh, do I really have to explain what you'll be doing in that case, then?" He's sighing now.
"NO! This is INSANE! I'm not going to put myself through this!" I'm turning to the door now.
"Ah, but I wouldn't do that if I were you!" He intercedes. "Rick, it's too late to go back now without breaching your contract! You've signed away your right to refuse when you signed the waiver! And the clause within it says that failure to continue as promised results in punitive damages totaling at least 10 thousand dollars in cash."
My eyes widen. "WHAT?! You're telling me that a breach- HOW DO I COST YO- you never clearly explained this even ONCE during the offer!"
"You never clearly explained an incapability for reading those things yourself either then, did you?"

--- 3:00 PM ---

The scene replays over and over again in my mind. Condemned to fight in an arena, Mafia style... or pay a ransom I could never afford.
The door opens, and my best friend Darren Black rushes to my side instantly.
"I came as soon as I got your call. What the hell happened?"
"It's exactly what I told you." I sigh, with a defeated look to the stone floor. "I screwed up, big time, Darren..."
He puts his arm on my shoulder. "They can't do this. You're fearing for your life, Rick. You're in Law, you know they can't compel you to do anything that could actually bring you any physical harm. You have the right to refuse..."
"I have the right to refuse, until I acknowledge the risks and sign that exact right away." I close my eyes, tears forming. "Which I apparently did, when I did was sign just a normal waiver when I was going over it with the marshal."
"You... signed stuff?" Darren grits his teeth. "And they want ten thousand just to break it? Geez, what kind of stuff are they doing here?"
He looks around the room. It was a very small space, the room itself couldn't have been more than 8' by 10'. The floor was made of stone, and the walls were plastered gray. A steel door with a small wired mesh window locks from the outside. A bed in the corner just to make the room less empty.
"They're treating you like a goddamn prisoner." He's clearly angry. "There's no way they can get away with this."
"I have an hour, Darren." I put my face to my hands. "I didn't have anyone else to call, no one else who could get here in time, no one else I'd want to have to explain this to. I can't see anything legal I can pull before I'm hauled off away. What I want right now is company."
He sighs, and then hands me a cup of chicken noodle soup he had placed on the ground.
"Here. I figured you probably hadn't eaten anything decent in a while if they were keeping you in a place like this."
The frown on my face fractures slightly, and I give a weak chuckle. "I tell you I think my life's in danger, and you go grocery shopping."
He smirks. "I could have brought a card, but they didn't have anything to explain your situation well at all. Warm food's always relaxing anyway."
'You realize you can't help me directly, so you bring me something I can insult you with. That's very typical you, Darren.'
Silence falls between us, and he gives another deep sigh.
"So if you go through with this, what's going to happen, Rick?"
"Well, it sounds like I'm going to be playing Mafia, everything acted out in person."
"But Mafia is a game that can be played in person." Darren leans forward. "So it shouldn't be too different, right?"
"Well, maybe not too much difference during the Day Phase. Except the part about literally having the whole daylight to decide who to lynch. That part's new. Except we also actually lynch the person we decide to kill by our own hands. We actually kill the person we're attempting to kill. We actually perform a surgery to save that person's life if we arrive on time. We actually screw the- well."
"Why would you even sign up for this if that was their pitch?" His eyes went wide.
"Because that wasn't their pitch." I roll my eyes in frustration. "Their pitch went more like- oh, it's all virtual, you just get to try something more hands on all the while it's all fake! Sign here just so we can get any virtual reality problems out of the way."
I scuff my shoes on the floor.
"...We're not responsible should you be killed playing the game... because as it turns out, it's not as virtual as we may had you earlier believe..."
I feel myself tremoring again, tears rushing down my face.
Darren moves closer to comfort me. "Bastards."

The door opens. A security guard looms over me and Darren, then tilts his head out the door.
"Come on." He grunts. "It's time."
I get up, grimly; Darren stands and sharply hurries to the guard.
"I want to take his place."
I gawk at him, and the guard slowly turns around.
"That's not how this works. You had your chance to appear already."
"So, you're telling me that there's no saying 'I volunteer!' to take someone's place?" He demanded. "I thought that's how it goes."
"Darren, please..." I beg him to stop talking.
We continue walking past the lobby to a security checkpoint. All the rooms are as white as you'd expect from a laboratory.
"The kid was told before he signed up that participation was compulsory after he signed."
"Really?" Darren demands again. "I see my best friend scared shitless and white as a ghost- I don't think he was properly informed."
"You don't get to decide that." He grunts, clearly frustrated. "You're lucky we even allowed you here in the first place. So I suggest you stop talking. Now."
Darren walks over to my side as we approach two big metal doors. "Fine, excuse me for trying to be heroic."
"He doesn't mean that." I halt the guard's icy glance at him. "He's just frustrated to see me sign a death warrant."
"Hmph." The guard sneers, almost with a chuckle. "Well, I would be too. You'd expect more from a kid aspiring to be a lawyer."
I raise my brow at him. Darren lets out a stifled grunt. Our eyes lock.
'How could he possibly have known that...?'
We're at the doors now, and the guard approaches a lever.
"This is it. Get ready to get in and say your goodbyes."
I feel myself tearing up again and I hug Darren tightly.
"I'm so sorry...!" I whisper, fighting back sobs.
"I know. It's okay." He whispers back. "Back pocket. Right. Don't touch it until you know you're alone. You can do this, I believe in you."
He lets go, backs up a bit, and the guard pushes down on the lever.
The last thing I remember is an utterly blinding flash of white light.

DAY ONE BEGINS.....

Rickdaily12

Re: Forum Mafia STORY (Day 1 BEGINS)

Postby Rickdaily12 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:49 pm

=== DAY 1 BEGINS ===

When I finally came to, I find myself on the ground.
'Wait a minute.' My focus sharpens. 'There IS no ground?!'
I stand up, and I see myself in a yellow haze, standing where there appeared to be no ground at all. I can hear music.
Music I can recognize... it's one of the oldest Town of Salem soundtracks! It was the one that would play when you selected your character and house!
I do a quick 360, but I don't see anything besides the yellow haze and cloud, while the music plays during all of this.
"Where the hell am I?!" I demand. "Is this what you meant by transport?!"
Suddenly, a blue flash appears in front of me, and I yelp, startled.
The flash grows larger, and takes on more of a shape. Within seconds, features become more detailed. I can clearly see a house with a porch.
'No way...'
The house takes on color now. It has two floors, a window on the second floor. The walls of the exterior are beige, but it has a brown wooden porch. A large window can be seen on that porch. The porch had a roof, providing shelter. The roof of the house and the porch roof were the same color- red.
I stagger back once I see the now fully detailed house take clear form. I turn around, and see a map in front of me.
It looks holographic. I see an image of the house that was just newly created, shrink down into a tiny birds-eye dot, which rushed into the lower right corner of the map. Once in place, it blinked three times, and suddenly I see what appeared to be a square of structures which it was part of.
The music is nearing its conclusion now, and I find myself surrounded by blue haze. I stop dead, trying to see what else happens.
They seem to take hazy humanoid forms. Suddenly, one rushes up to me, raises its arm at me, and brings it down on my head.
I manage one last scream once I realized what was happening.
All went black.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I finally woke up, I lurched forward, sucking in panicked air. Was I just attacked?
I quickly look around frantically. I'm... in a bed? Tucked in, of all things???
I get off the bed in a hurry and look around the room I'm in. The door was to the far right from the bed. There was a window on the right side of the bed, and a large desk to the left. A decent size rug can be seen in front of the bed itself, and the desk was covered in papers.
'WHAT IS GOING ON?!' I feel myself coming down with a dizzy headache. 'How did I even get here?!'
I feel around the room now. The walls were wallpapered, but I can feel a very solid structure on the other side. It felt like wood- I can feel the ridges very clearly. The desk was sturdy, as was the bed. The rug felt like cotton, very soft to the touch. The door felt normal as well, fairly sturdy, with a brass doorknob. Cold to the touch.
"So these surroundings..." I frown. "I don't think I'm dreaming, then? There seems to be way too much detail here for me to be imagining this."
'In that case, where the hell was I just now? Some kind of drug induced sleep? Because that seemed like one hell of a trip!'
The room didn't have much else, the bed was to the back wall, but dead center in the room. A twin sized bed, one pillow, thick blanket.
I look up. An incandescent light bulb attached to a socket. There was a light switch by the door.
'Am.. I... there?' I frown. 'Like, THERE there? I thought the events of Salem happened in the mid 1700s, would they have electricity yet?'
I open the door. There was only one room down the end of the hall, just in front of a wooden staircase. There was a rail guard down the hall to the other door, also made of wood, preventing anyone from falling over to the stairs.
The room at the end of the hall was the bathroom. Porcelain toilet, raised sink, with cabinets underneath. Bathtub and shower. Medicine cabinet with a mirror. This house seemed remarkably like any house should look like in the modern day, by the looks of it.
Everything seems so real. And yet...
'...didn't Blake say that this would be something like a virtual experience?'
I head back to my room, sit on the bed, and start to think for a bit. That's when I noticed something odd about how I was sitting.
I reach into my back pocket, and I pull out Darren's watch!
"How... he snuck this in here?!" My eyes went wide. "But... no one organizing this saw him do that!"
'So if this is all completely virtual, how would they be able to virtually design something they'd have no clue even exists?!'
My heart drops, and I look around the room a bit harder. Suddenly, my eyes fall to the window.
I go up to it. The wooden ledge is a bit cracked, it has a fairly sized thorn sticking out of one of the cracks.
'I can't believe I'm going to do this...'
I put my left thumb up to the thorn, then pull into it back to me.
WHRRR!
"AH- DAMN IT!" I scream in pain. "UGH!"
Instantly my thumb starts bleeding, a decent gash straight down the pad of it. I put it to my mouth, sucking the blood as I walk back to the bathroom.
'Pain responses are normal, heart rate elevating... tastes are exactly what I'd expect to be the same...'
I look through the medicine cabinet. There's not much- a few small bandages, Hydrogen Peroxide, No-Name brand headache and pain relief...
I clean the blood with some water, apply some peroxide, and sigh once the stinging kicks in. I put the bandage on my thumb.
As I was closing the door to the cabinet, a spray bottle caught my eye. I grab it to get a better look.
"Luminol...?" I frown. "Some basic first aid stuff is normal- why would I have Luminol in here...?"
I look a bit closer into the cabinet. There's also a thick plastic yellow sheet, with a candle, as well as a small red casing, the size of my thumb.
I take the casing to get a better look at it. It's remarkably thin, about the size of the lid of a usual prescription bottle. It looked like a flattened oval, the edges were square, but the sides were rounded. Feeling around the sides, I feel my thumb nudge against something that felt like an embedded switch.
-click!-
Suddenly, the casing opens from the middle, expanding to the sides, revealing a band of clear plastic inside. The center was thicker than its sides.
There was no mistaking it- this was a magnifying glass!
'Is there really a need to hide the mechanism, though...?'
I take the bizarre items out of the cabinet, bringing it back to my bed.
"So, we've got this casing, Luminol, blood testing kit, fingerprint powder, a dusting brush, a stethoscope, and a box of plastic gloves and slippers." I sit on my bed, looking at them intensely. "Is this supposed to be some kind of clue as to who I really am?"
Am I supposed to actually use these items, and often? Is that what this whole "experience" is supposed to be all about?
'Okay. I need to focus. This world, far as I can tell, is real. Everything feels the same, bleeds the same, looks the same, tastes the same, the body reacts to stuff the same. Even science operates the way I'd expect it to normally. How I got here is a mystery to me, but this house appears to be mine. If this were a real game of Mafia, there'd have to be some way for me to actually know exactly who I am without finding a literal role card somewhere.'
"So, outside of being given a role card, I have bizarre items most people don't commonly own. Most of it, if not all of it, appears to be some sort of forensics gear. Not the sort that I'd be removing messes from the scene, but the sort that I'd be using to find clues..."
I frown, and my voice trails off.
'Yeah, this strikes me as fairly Investigative. So, the obvious question... if I'm an Investigative, how do I know if I'm in the Mafia?'
My stomach feels a whole lot more heavy to the thoughts of what I might have to do over the next several possible days.
'Okay, Rick, you need to relax.' I straighten myself more. 'Members of the Mafia always know exactly who is in the Mafia, and who exactly they are, right from the start. Right now, I don't know any of that. So... that likely means I'm a Town member. Until proven otherwise, right?'
But I'm not convincing myself. I had to discover on my own that I had these items in the first place.
So, if I'm in the Mafia, that's probably a discovery I need to make on my own as well. I look closer to my desk.
My desk had a wooden lectern along the far edge, with a coffee mug full of pens and pencils, and a desk lamp. Sprawled on the lectern was a map. I get a closer look at it. The map was a layout of 27 structures, with 12 to the right, and 12 to the left. The three structures down the middle seemed to divide the city into two. Twelve houses to the left of the city, and twelve houses to the right. The houses themselves are labeled from 1 to 24, starting clockwise on the top right at 1- the top left is 24. There is a single house with a large circle around it- House 11, near the bottom right corner. At the north of the city is a big government looking building marked CITY HALL. Down at the bottom was a symbol marked by a light bulb and water drop. At the dead center of everything is a round, circular stage with a solid dot at the dead center of the map.
'Hmm, okay then, this actually tells me quite a bit.' I focus on the map. 'I think I remember seeing this not long ago, this arrangement of houses around the city core. So, if house 11 was circled, this must be where I am? And we have a City Hall... that bottom symbol down there- light bulb and water? Could that be a hydroelectric plant of some sort? And as for the middle platform... that's probably obvious enough as it is.....'
So, this place actually has structure to the city? We're not only here to kill each other, but we have publicly shared buildings as well? Huh.
"Still, none of this actually tells me who I work for!" I bang on the desk in frustration.
A thimble that was on top of a pencil fell off the utensil and clattered onto the floor, rolling back toward the bed. I sigh, and go down to reach for it.
"Wait, what's this?" I frown, grabbing the thimble, but noticing something hidden under the bed. I reach out, and pull the object out.
It was a metal briefcase! It felt fairly heavy, but it's locked by a key. What would be so important to keep hidden under there? Unless...
'Damn it!' I grit my teeth. 'Why the hell would they do this to us?! As if I'd know where to find the damn thing to unlock it!'
And suddenly, as though I just finished asking a question, a flash hits my mind.
I jolt awake, my body moving towards the rug. I move to the top left corner from the bed, pull it open- and I see a small silver key taped to the back!
"What...?" My eyes go wide. "How... did I know that was going to be there?"
It was like I had a memory of putting that key there? But how is that possible?
I go back to the briefcase, and open its contents. Inside, there's a notepad with some jot notes, a singular sheet with notes, and a picture.
I open the notepad and begin reading.

Day 0 - It was as we feared. THAT EVENT, as was foretold by a mystical evil, came true just as we feared. There are now our very own friends among us, deciding to strike and take down our united, peaceful Town, once and for all. The Mayor called me into his office today, wishing to speak with me privately. He requested that I use my talents for the protection of the rest of us, respecting each one's privacy while I search their belongings to get a feel of their intentions. He begged me to not forget that we are here for the sake of the many, and not for selfish greed. I promised him that I would use my gift of interrogation to find truth in everyone and to seek our allies out carefully. He reminded me that the resources in the City Hall were everything I needed to go about doing this. I must remember. The City Hall is where everything begins, and where all answers are stored.
Day 1 - The Mayor was found dead in his office. He was last seen alive last night one hour after sending away the final person he wished to privately inform of these dangers. I've already checked into how he died. There were no signs of forced entry, no signs of a struggle. The cause of death was internal bleeding. I imagine a slow-acting poison of some kind. On his back was the Mayor's very own insignia: tainted in the color Red, instead of his usual green. Too much of the day has gone by for us to interrogate the remaining civilians, but it's very clear who has done this. An incredible criminal mastermind.
I solemnly swear to bring this person to justice myself, if it's the very last thing I do. - R.M.

My eyes widen in horror. R.M. Rick Miller. My real name.
'WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?!'
I go through the rest of the notepad, but they seem to be just vague notes about people whose names I've never heard of. I toss the pad aside. Instead, I turn my focus to the sheet of paper inside. It mostly had a set of instructions on household items:

In case you ever forget your destiny, remember these simple brilliant rules of logical deduction:

1. If the target possesses leadership qualities and medals, they are much like our Mayor.
2. If the target possesses forensic tools, they are much like ourselves.
3. If the target possesses drugs and leather tools, they are much like an Escort.
4. If...

The list continued, detailing various groups of people who apparently could live here.
And after a picture with me and a much older man sporting a badge on his lapel in front of the City Hall, there was no mistaking my true identity.
I am this Town's Investigator.
There were so many unanswered questions I had about the mysteries about this city, but at the very least, this much was clear.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shortly after I discovered that, I went about exploring the house just a bit more. There wasn't too much to talk about.
One thing I learned was that the size was definitely more than modest. One person lives here, and it's a three-floor building. Two bathrooms, and a basement. But that wasn't even the amazing part. Somehow, I had enough furniture to myself to fill every room in the house.
Upstairs was my bedroom, and the bathroom. The bathroom was well stocked, and the bedroom had everything I could think of needing.
The living room and kitchen were separated by an archway on the main floor. There was a back door in the kitchen. Bookcases, displays, a couch, dining table, chairs, everything I could ever need to stock my family back at home. To my dismay, however, no television.
'I guess a television is hard to distract yourself with once you realize how easy it is to enter the damn house.'
There was even a basement downstairs. Mine didn't seem to contain much, just some candles, fuel, pictures of random people in the Town I never recognized, some more replacement forensics gear and a more extensive lab. Things I could see myself using if push came to shove.
I go back upstairs to get a better look at what I had in the living room, but it'd seem the time to explore was over...
*GONG! GONG! GONG! GONG! GONG!*
The bell at City Hall began to beat. Suddenly, this overwhelming urge to leave my house and address everyone outside washed over me.
I check Darren's watch. 5:00 PM.
'Hmm, 5 PM?' I frown, looking outside the window briefly. The sun was just beginning to set.
'It's almost sundown? So this IS Day 1. It is normally a shorter day... but if this watch was set according to Winnipeg time...'
Already this day was coming to an end, but it felt as though everything I'd be discovering about this Town had not even started yet.
I gather myself, and head to the front door.
'Time to begin.'

One Hour Remains in Day 1.

Rickdaily12

Postby Alzar » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:55 pm

dang rick this is better than naruto fanfic
Alzar
FM Logo Winner
FM Logo Winner

Postby Nellyfox » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:02 pm

Rick Cooper or riot
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Rickdaily12 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:04 pm

Also, in case I forgot to put this here- this USED to be the soundtrack that would play when you chose your name in Town of Salem:

This soundtrack changed forever ago. You used to choose your house, name, and avatar before the start of every game. Now there's a tab in the menu that does pretty much all of that for you. Still, this soundtrack felt awesome, I always felt my blood pumping with it.

It would be cool to see the developers try to find some way to bring it back into Town of Salem somehow. :D

Rickdaily12

Postby Technetium » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:58 pm

*applause*

Technetium
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Watt2015 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:30 pm

Loved it
Favourite Quote:
Spoiler:

Watt2015
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:30 am

THANK YOU BASED RICK
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Trolled by the League of Losers
Spoiler:
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort

Re: Forum Mafia STORY (Day 1 ENDS)

Postby Rickdaily12 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:01 am

=== Day 1, 5:04 PM ===

Not even six hours ago, life as I knew it was perfectly normal. I knew it was normal, and it felt normal. But now, as I leave my porch toward the City Hall with 11 others from my half of the city, there lies an overwhelming sense of dread, deep in my heart.
Eventually, as we approach the massive building, we see the twelve others from the left half of the city converge to meet with us. At first, some of us were shocked at the mere size of the City Hall. It stood at least four stories tall, and probably twice as wide. The grand building appeared to be made of marble, and like most stereotypical government buildings, had colossal pillars stretch down from the roof of the building, to the platform of the entrance way. The platform, of course, was atop a fairly large and wide set of stone stairs leading into the building.
At the base of the staircase, lie the corpse of an older man. This is what took most of us off guard, as we gathered around the body anxiously.
I was able to get a good look at the body from where I was standing. I gasp, but I'm able to keep most of it contained. I recognized the body.
'I know this man.' I frowned. 'Yes, I definitely know him. He's got the badge attached to his lapel still.'
This was our Mayor.
His corpse lay sprawled across the ground, his mouth hanging open and his eyes appearing weak. He was dressed in very expensive looking black formal wear- it appeared to be made of silk. His arms and legs were outstretched, but not at a weird angle. His lips seemed to shine with the declining sunlight, and there seemed to be a paper sticking quite visibly out of his jacket pocket.
Looking around at everyone else's faces, there were a lot of frowns, and sideways looks. A couple of gazes locked with mine, and separated in a fit of mutual panic. Others seemed largely indifferent, but mostly bewildered at what was going on.
'No one feels like breaking the ice.' I bite my lip. 'No one ever does, with the whole painting the huge red target on your back.'
After what seemed to be a full minute of staring uncomfortably, the boy from House 23 takes a deep sigh, and moves closer to the body.
"It doesn't look like he's one of us. There wouldn't be enough houses, so I'm guessing this was done to kick the game off, or something."
No one responds to him. He glances up to all of us, and then shakes his head and sighs.
"What? What is everyone's problem? If everyone refuses to say what's all on our minds, I'll go ahead and do that for you."
"Is... he really dead?" The girl from House 9 timidly asks him. "Was he shot or something?"
The boy from House 7 approaches the body, and begins prodding it. "Doesn't look like he was shot. His skin feels a little tight, though, and a bit cold..."
"That would mean Rigor Mortis has only just started setting in." The boy from House 18 nods. "He's been dead longer than two hours, then."
"Wait, what?" The boy from House 20 pipes up. "Has it really been two hours for us? I don't remember being here long at all- wait, does anyone else?"
"No one should." Player 23 shakes his head. "The sun has barely dropped since I got here. Plus, seeing as most of us are kids, I doubt we lived here."
'Dead longer than 2 hours, huh?' I rub my chin. 'Makes sense. His skin would still feel alive, if he died within the hour since we all got here. And according to Darren's Watch, I haven't been gone until only about an hour ago.'
My eyes stare off into the distance as a flash of memory hits my mind.
First, I see myself shaking hands with the Mayor in his office, with him warmly smiling at me. Then another flash.
Next, I see me kicking the door to his office, to see him slumped in his chair, eyes wide, the sun high in the sky. Another flash.
I see me at my desk, furiously writing a note on the desk.
I grunt, rubbing my head, recalling the part where I actually read what I was writing at the time.
'Ugh. Well, according to... myself, apparently- the Mayor died earlier this morning. If we weren't here... was this city operating as it would normally?'
So, there's a corpse in front of it, and it just so happens to appear to have been dead as long as a note I didn't physically write, implies?
I feel a sense of unease wash over me as the girl from House 14 grabs the note attached to the jacket pocket of the Mayor's coat.
The note was shut by a red wax seal, imprinted with the crest of a rose flower. The flower was imperfect- one of its pedals peeling from the flower.
My eyes widen. The crest was nearly perfectly identical to the Mayor's, except the Mayor's was a perfect rose, and his insignia green instead of red.
"The time of dictatorship has come to an end." 14 reads the note. "Let this mark a new day, the falling of a regime that labelled certain people as unworthy of living, deserving only of death. This man's heart was tainted black by power and corruption. It's time to put a stop to it, and unite everyone as one under a new system of government! Heed our warning. Unite behind the Godfather, or join your pathetic snake of a Mayor. The choice is yours."
"Huh." The boy from House 4 mouths at her. "That was... a bit more polite of a death threat than I was expecting."
"Yeah." 14 regards him. "I mean, all they did was murder our Town Leader. Guess this means we can rally behind the Godfather and go back home."
"Hey." He shakes his head with a smile. "Let me tell you what. You suck at sarcasm. So stick to your pretty looks, alright?"
"Can you guys keep it down back there?" 23 turns back at them in irritation. "We still have no idea how he died."
'Guess I should stop sitting back and take some of my own charge.' I frown at myself, approaching the body.
"Here, let me help." I bend down with Players 23, 20, 18, 9, and 7. "Are you sure you've taken a good look at everything? Any other pockets he had, it might have contained anything we can use?"
"You really think we'll find something like that just lying around?" Player 7 raises his brow at me.
"I think it's worth trying to search him thoroughly." I shrug. "He is our first kill of the game, so it's worth seeing exactly how this looks from every angle."
"Just remember that he's not a player, so I wouldn't rely too much on that comparison, if I were you." 23 glances at me again.
'I haven't forgotten.' I bite my lip. 'But let's just say I have a knack for looking closely into things now. I think it's worth trying.'
Player 9 examines the body's open mouth. "It looks as though he was choking on something, but there's no physical markings on the neck."
"No signs of a struggle, either." Player 18 nods. "This body doesn't have a single wound anywhere. It looks like he choked on his own vomit."
"But the Mafia claimed responsibility for this attack." Player 20 rubs his chin. "What did they do, spike his drink with lots of alcohol or something?"
"No, probably not alcohol." I shake my head, opening the Mayor's jacket a bit wider. "That sounds consistent to poisoning with me."
"Poisoning?" The boy from House 1 joins us at the body. "Doesn't the Mafia prefer using guns as their kill method?"
"Actually, games where I come from, sometimes the kill method changes from the Mafia angle." Player 23 nods. "The Serial Killer seems to always kill with knives, and the Arsonist always kills with fire, but I've heard of a Mafioso doing a variety of things."
"That's just weird to me." Player 1 sighs, shaking his head. "I've never heard of anything else besides just a classic bullet wound."
As I fumble a bit more with the jacket, I end up discovering a thin white slit along the rest of the black fabric.
'Huh. What have we got here? He was clearly trying to hide this.'
"Hey, what did you find?" Player 23 bends toward me, noticing the slit. He digs into the hidden pocket, digging out the note. This note wasn't originally sealed, but it did have a green stamp, with the perfect flower on the bottom of the paper.
'Yes, I knew it.' I frown at the body, seeing the badge on the Mayor's lapel. 'That insignia is the mark of the Mayor. The red one must be the Mafia's.'
Player 23 reads this note out loud as well. "My fellow people, consider this city under siege. I am sorry I am no longer able to continue this journey with the rest of you, but I urge you not to give up. This city is under attack by people who will take great lengths to hurt you. Your enemies do not include only the Mafia as well, and your only hope of survival rests on all of you acting as a united front to bring all these traitors to justice. Beware of the movements at night. I know each of your darkest secrets, and in hope of your continued survival, I leave you complete access to all the compartments inside my City Hall. In hopes that my friends can find ones responsible for this, I grant everyone full access to everything- ONLY provided that the sun is still in the horizon. Once it starts to get dark, the City Hall is off-limits to all, regardless of who you are. Consider anyone an enemy who lurks within its walls in the night where they cannot be seen. There is to be no defense to performing your searches at night. I hope you take this warning very gravely. I'm sorry I can no longer help you, but I am certain you will catch the ones responsible. Farewell."
"So there's resources readily available to us in City Hall, then?" The boy from Player 19 looks up at the massive structure.
"I wouldn't be surprised." Player 1 sighs. "Did everyone else see a map of the place on their desk, or something? Because I had one, and I saw three buildings, one kinda like this, at the center of all the houses. To me, I kinda thought everything here would be more shared or something."
"More shared?" Player 20 pipes up. "So wait, do you think that's where the food is going to be? Because damn it, I haven't eaten for several hours."
"Ugh, I know, right?!" 23 stands from the body. "I was really hoping to have something quick back at my house, but the damn shelves were all empty!"
There were a few concurring groans and stomach growlings from the rest of the crowd. I sigh.
'How is everyone thinking about lack of food at a time like this?!'
That's when I remembered one of the last things Darren did for me, was bring me a helping of soup before I entered the arena.
I check his watch again. 5:17 PM. That's when I remember the watch being set to Winnipeg time...
"I couldn't help but overhear some strong accents among some of you." I look up to the crowd. "Guess that means you're not all from Canada, huh?"
"Canadian, huh?" 23 smiles at me. "Nah. I'm from the great 'Murica. I knew this wasn't going to be a crowd of people from Oregon."
A few others shake their head as well. Quite a few from America. Some from the UK... Australia... Brazil... Japan... there was clearly diversity.
"I mean, it's weird." The girl from House 15 nods her head. "I woke up at 6 in Sydney this morning, had a big breakfast, then applied to come here. By the time I was told I was being sent here, the morning was still only just starting. If it's sunset now, why do I feel so tired all of a sudden?"
"I know how you mean." The boy from House 5 breathed. "The sun was just coming up in Tokyo, and now it's down. I feel sleepy again."
"See, it was nearly midnight in the UK at the time." The girl from House 21 yawns. "I'm kinda surprised I still have some energy, frankly."
"Not to interrupt you trailblazers from exploring, but in case it needs to be said, we're on a time limit." A gruff Player 1 barked at us. "I think I'd much rather think about how hungry or tired or however inconsistent my body is behaving right now, AFTER we've exhausted some of our time exploring the City Hall a bit. If that's what the Mayor says we should do with our time- and that we don't get any time during the night, I suggest we go there now."
The crowd murmurs a brief bit, then generally concurs, slowly massing toward the grand building.
'40 minutes to check a building of that size? I mean, there's a lot of us, but are we really going to be hitting anything too important?'
It's true, the sheer size of the colossal building was gawk-worthy. Two sets of staircases and two landings, just leading up to the place alone. The second landing was bordered by four massive marble-looking pillars, and the giant grey building appeared to stand at least four floors high. The building looked very wide. It would be very difficult to discern exactly how many rooms we could examine thoroughly enough if we all stuck together.
Once we were finally inside the building, it seemed like a few others concurred. Very wide halls engorged our surroundings, appearing to lead off infinitely in any cardinal direction, and the ceilings were raised highly just to add magnitude to the buildings grandeur, it seemed.
"Jesus... this place is huge!!!" Player 20's mouth drops.
"There's not even a map of the damn area..." The girl from House 12 sighs. "How exactly are we supposed to know what we're looking for?"
"I think that was always going to be today's intended challenge." Player 1 glances around. "If this building has information we're going to need for the first night, and if we don't have much more time before the sun goes down to find it, we have to find a way to explore the place without getting sidetracked.
"Why don't we divide ourselves into four groups, by house number?" 23 nods. "1-6 is a group, 7-12, and so on. That way, if the majority of us are really Town, odds look good that there is at least one scum member and one Town member in every group. It'd help everyone be on their best behavior and the Town members can help judge reactions of people if anyone reacts to anything, as though they know more than they're letting on."
"Sounds like a plan." Player 1 concurs. "Everyone, let's split up! We'll meet back just before the sun comes down, and share our findings."

--- 5:49 PM ---

"Sorry we're late." Player 4 apologizes to the girl from House 13, as she shakes her head at the last set of contestants to regroup with the rest of us.
"There's not much time left." She stares at the six of them as they rush to their seats. "I'm sure I don't have to point out the sky going darker."
Four tables, aligned in a square formation, with six seats per table, rest at the heart of the room. Bookcases surround that entire area in every direction from except directly to the door, with each corner having a set of couches and an end table. There was an upper floor, accessible by a fastened wooden ladder, and the upper format was relatively the same- minus the tables in the middle, due to the upper floor resembling more of an "L".
When the first quadrant of players finally reached their seats along with Player 13, all of us were finally reunited again.
"So, who should go first?" The boy from House 22 asked.
"We can." The girl from House 10 stands, representing my quadrant. "We mostly toured around the third floor, but we made a couple notes about the places on the way there. For example, on the way here, we noticed that there was a morgue with 24 compartments. When we noticed that, our group took the liberty of bringing the body back into the City Hall, and then we designated Player 11 over there to clean the body as best he could before putting it into one of the drawers. That way, if we ever wanted to see the Mayor's corpse again, we can do that without getting the rotting stench."
'Ugh, can we not bring that up again?' I shivered in disgust. 'Among many things, I never thought that was going to be one of my things to do today.'
"So wait, there's a morgue we can use for the people who wind up dead?" The boy from House 3 leaned forward with a raised brow.
"Yeah." 10 nods. "With exactly 24 drawers we can use for the apparent 25 who live here. I wouldn't think too long about it. It's a bit morbid."
Player 1 chuckles at me a little. "Player 11, huh? Never took you for a corpse cleaner."
"I'm not." I roll my eyes at him. "But I was the kind of person to enjoy crime shows at home, so I had some limited good guesses about what to do about them without the bodies becoming a hassle. That didn't exactly mean I have no problems touching dead things."
'Me and my big mouth...'
"There wasn't much else to see on the third floor though, besides loose guesses." 10 continued. "There are doors literally everywhere, doesn't matter what floor you're on. And it seems the hallways are constantly twisting, even though they all lead back to the center grand hall where you can find the stair cases. We mostly tried finding hiding spots for secret passageways, hidden stairs up or down, or hidden rooms. We couldn't do much with that. But we did find another very large room that we personally like to call the Cornucopia."
"Cornucopia?!" Player 20's face instantly lights up. "Does that mean there's food there?!"
"There's a ton of food." The boy from House 8 chuckles. "Perishables, non-perishables, foods, fruits, veggies, breads. There's also large coolers with plenty of cold meat, and more bread. Condiments, packaged foods, it all looks surprisingly modern. There was even a cupboard of juice crystals."
The crowd of players erupted into excitement.
"Anyway, we were talking about it as we were leaving the Cornucopia." 10 picks up again. "We think, as long as all 24 of us unanimously agree to it, there shouldn't be much problem dipping just a tiny bit of time into the night just so everyone can get a chance to attack the food stocks. There easily seems to be enough food for all 24 of us to last about a week, and more so once people start dying. We know it'd technically be breaking one of the rules given to us by the Mayor, but if we're all there as a group just to prevent people from starving, it should be fine, we figured."
23 looks at her nervously. "Are we really sure that would be entirely wise? What if someone got angry at us for being there after dark?"
"Well, it's getting dark now." She shrugs. "But we have the first few moments after sunset before everything gets pitch black, and I can't see everyone being okay with going home completely starving. We figured, after we're done doing this, we'd give us about a half hour. After that, City Hall is off limits."
He persists. "I mean, what if we anger whoever brought us here?"
"What exactly are you trying to say?" The boy from House 24 asks him.
"Think about it. The Mayor died, warning us to stay out of here once Night 1 begins. That could be a message from whoever organized this that there's a threat in this building that comes out after dark. Or, who knows, what if lightning strikes our houses because we disobeyed?"
"So, what, you're afraid of pissing off some sort of Gamesmaker from the Hunger Games, or something?" Player 15 giggles.
"I'm serious!"
"It sounds more like to me that what you're really afraid of is some sort of god killing for breaking the rules." Player 10 interjects again. "Honestly, I wondered about that too, and that's why I'm asking everyone here as a complete group if they're fine with it. I personally would like to eat something tonight. Hunger and pain seem like two very real senses here, so just to avoid the very idea of a Hunger Games, I'd rather we move as a united group if this is what we want to do. After all, they can't god kill everyone here if we all break the same rule until we decide to enforce it again, right?"
'That sounds like wishful thinking.' I'm frowning now.
"So, what if we all decide, as a united group, that lights out for City Hall should be at midnight, then?" I ask her.
"Oh, that's entirely something else, and plain stupid." She shakes her head. "Because right now, Day's coming to an end. So we could call this a Twilight phase. If we're going to bend a rule regarding time, it should be as close to the Twilight time of day as much as possible. Just in case there are gods stopping us from from breaking rules and whatnot, I'd rather we be reasonable and survivalistic, rather than outright greedy about shit like that."
There seems to be a largely concurring murmuring in the crowd of players.
'Yeah, fair enough.' I nod.
"Well, if that's everything, I guess we can talk about what we found." Player 1 cuts into the conversation. "We spent most of our time touring the fourth floor. The reason why we were so late, though, is we got kinda stuck about all the rooms up there. Most of them are locked tight. So we really don't have much idea for what's being kept up there, or why those doors are locked, or if anyone even can access those doors in the first place."
"What do you mean, most of the doors up there are locked?" The boy from House 16 frowns at him.
"Well, it's exactly how it sounds." The boy from House 2 says blankly. "We tried all the doors up there, and not many of them seemed to open. Some of them had fairly obvious symbols, like I'm pretty sure we may have passed one or two laboratories, but there were some doors kept a bit more out of the way. It's hard to deduce which doors are suspicious to be locked either, since we don't know which of us would have access to them, if any of us at all."
'Hmm.' I rub my chin. 'Come to think of it...'
A flash hits my mind. I see the Mayor shaking hands with me, leading me past a door where I see a lab equipped to deal with forensics. There's microscopes, scanners, LED tables, walls. Some drawers had different lighting covers, others had goggles and gloves. Lots of high-end equipment.
The memory ends with a key being placed in my hand.
'Yeah. I figured as much.' I snap back into focus. 'Along with the Doctor, I'm probably one of the science heavy roles of this game, so if one of those laboratories were mine, maybe if I'd need to access it in case of an emergency, I can see how this could possibly help me.'
However, trying to explain why I have access to certain parts of City Hall while most others don't, might not be the best course of action...
"We did end up wandering into the Mayor's Office, though." Player 1 drones on. "Most of our time was spent there, trying to figure out if he left behind any other helpful clues we could end up using. The guy's office is an endless supply of cabinets, though, and a lot of the office's contents are photos of him posing with his insignia, or something. So there really wasn't much else we were able to discern."
"He didn't leave anything for us in his final moments?" The boy from House 19 raised a brow. "No clues... nothing?"
"He left a giant mess, if that's what you're asking." The girl from House 6 regards him blankly. "Nothing like a name though."
"When we got there, papers were strewn all over the place." Player 4 continued. "Office supplies were knocked over, including the guy's chair. Which makes you wonder why the hell there weren't any marks on his body, given the state of his office."
I straighten sharply, barely being able to contain my gasp. My hand immediately finds my chin.
'No, I distinctly remember the memory I had of the Mayor's body.' I frown. 'He was sitting behind a large desk, eyes wide, but slumped over a tidy desk. If the office later had his supplies strewn about, that had to have been done much after the death, and even after I had gotten there.'
But that sounds totally strange. Why on earth would someone other than the killer, rearrange the scene after people already discovered the body?
'If the intention is deceptive, it seems Scum motivated... but if Players 1-6 were the first conscious players to arrive there today, then...?'
My eyes quickly dart around the room, checking to see if anyone else reacted to that, but it looks as though I'm being the most notable.
"So you think he may have struggled with his killer, or something?" Player 19 cuts in again.
"Nah- not unless he was fighting with a ghost as he was gasping for air." Player 4 chuckles. "Or rather, it's not likely, given the poisoning, right? It could just be slow acting and more agonizing, which would lead to him stumbling about the desk."
"Although, if that's where he died, we're not quite sure who or what brought him to the outdoors." Player 2 frowns.
"To be fair, a lot of us still aren't sure how exactly we all got here either." Player 8 shrugs.
"Well, on that note, I did actually find myself leaving my house a couple times before the Town's Bell gonged us to come meet everyone." 23 rubs his chin. "I'm not sure if anyone else attempted to do that either as they tried to figure out just how they got here, but I do know that when I was trying to get more than a few steps from my porch, my body... had these compulsions to pull me back toward the house."
"Compulsions?" Player 16 snaps into focus. "Like, as though you weren't in control of your body?"
"Exactly. Even if I wanted to leave my house, I would suddenly lose complete control and my body would practically drag me back inside."
"Oh geez." Player 6 breathes a deep sigh of relief. "And here I was getting worried I was the only one getting those! I thought I was going crazy!"
'So, everyone else is experiencing some sort of uncooperative behavior with their very own bodies too, huh?'
"Anyway, that's what kept us." Player 4 finished. "We were trying to figure out how he managed to fly there or something, when we got called back."
"Well, then there was our quadrant." Player 22 cut in. "We stuck to the main floor. We were mostly trying to see if there was a way to get downstairs or something, but none that we could find. No extra set of stairs, or anything like that. We did find a map of the place, though..."
"Really?" Player 12 raises her brow. "Geez, that would have saved us a lot of time... where was it?"
"Oh, it really wasn't anywhere obvious, don't worry." Player 23 laughed. "It was literally in a corner in one of the hallways, and even then, it was poorly labelled. It didn't really name the rooms for us, just the general legend of each floor's blueprints."
"Huh." Player 7 reacts, taken aback. "Couldn't say I saw that coming."
"Other than that, I guess the most bizarre thing we were able to find was a bank, and a vault that supposedly contained cash and gold." 22 finished.
"What?" I recoil. "But there isn't any store or outlet here which to buy things."
"Not only that, but I don't remember finding any wallet with cash to actually do anything with here." Player 13 frowns.
"Exactly, so needless to say, our tour of the place was rather bizarre. It's kinda why we ended up being the ones to round everyone up."
"Lastly, there was our quadrant." Player 16 pushes ahead. "So, we took the second floor, and I guess this floor is probably one of our bigger highlights in the City Hall as opposed to the forbidden fourth floor, as well as the bland first floor."
"Oi." Player 4 pipes up. "No more comments from the peanut gallery, seeing as you didn't waste 30 minutes of your life begging for a master key."
"Heh, fair enough." He grins. "Anyway, here we have the Library, which we quickly found out was one of the largest rooms in the place. When the first group came up to join us, we told them this would be a good rendezvous point to bring everyone. I'm also told our Library here actually contains a bit of Mafia-relevant information here, so if we're ever stumped during the day, this might not be a bad spot to bring everyone to find some answers."
"10 was a bit busy upstaging us, but basically yeah, the Morgue should be useful for storing dead bodies." Player 14 continues. "Other than that, there really wasn't much that was useful for us. We ended up finding a hall of fame, where vague awards were listed to names we never heard of."
"You didn't even find your own names?" Player 20 asks. "My basement had a few awards stashed under my own name that I don't remember getting."
"Yeah, I remember finding something like that in my basement as well." 23 nods.
"Nope, nothing stood out to anyone at the time." 14 shrugs. "Maybe we just didn't take a good enough look, but other than that..."
"We're basically sitting where we spent most of our time." 16 carries on. "We were trying to make sense of the books that contained apparently useful Mafia information, but no one's been able to get very far- what with today being a short day and all."
Everyone falls silent, and then Player 1 gets up from his chair.
"Alright then! Good work, everyone. I guess that basically wraps up everything then, so if the Night basically begins now..."
"No, not quite." Player 12 bends down, then heaves a large cardboard box onto our desk. "We ended up also finding this on the third floor, in a room designated as the Town Ledger. We just wanted to share it once everyone talked about what they found."
"Inside we found exactly 25 color-coded files." 10 continues on, as Player 12 sets the folders onto the table. "Most of them are green, some are red, and some seem to be grey-scale folders."
"Interesting, but why should that mean anything to us?" Player 19 frowns. "Do the folders have names on them?"
"No, but if you look closer, some of them have symbols on the folder, as well as an incident report inside each one." 12 looks up at him. "All of these were handled by the Mayor himself, it seems, but it was when we actually saw patterns to the folders that we paid more attention."
"12 and I thought we saw something familiar about them." 10 nods. "You see, the symbols that would appear included a magnifying glass, a first-aid symbol, a gun, the Mafia insignia, stuff like that. Another striking feature is how most of them are green. As well as 25 of the folders."
"Is the number 25 important?" Player 3 scratches his head at her. "There's 24 of us..."
"But you're forgetting the Mayor, which would make 25." She shakes her head at him. "There are seven distinct green folders, three distinct red folders, and three different greyscale colors. 12 and I also found out we come from the same forums where there are 7 distinct ways to roll any kind of Town role, 4 ways to roll any kind of Mafia role, and 3 major Neutral-aligned sub factions."
"We have Town Investigatives, Protectives, Killings, Supports, Powers, Citizens, and a randomizer." 12 looks up, finished with organizing the folders. "Mafia have their Killing, Support, and Deceptive alignments, as well as a randomizer. And lastly, Neutrals can either be Benign, Evil, or Killing."
"And you think these folders represent these sub-alignments?" Player 23 frowns at them. "Huh, what a neat clue."
"You've lost me already." Player 14 spits at them. "I've been playing Mafia a few years now, and that sounded like total gibberish."
"No- I think they're on the right track." Player 20 defends them. "I'm also from those forums, and what they just said makes a lot of sense to me."
Player 1 is shaking his head. "If that's true, then that means that a certain group of people who somehow come from these forums are at an advantage to the rest of us. Why the hell would whoever brought us here do that to us?"
Murmurs erupt from the crowd of others. Distrust, confusion, defensiveness.
'It sounds like I wasn't the only one Blake told about this, then.' I close my eyes. 'But it also sounds like the vast majority aren't from there, and don't trust the ones from BlankMediaGames to try to explain how they can discern information... like that of a role list.'
So the form of a role list is right before my eyes, and talking about how I understand it will get non-BMG players suspicious of me.
Go figure.
After a bit of bickering, finally it was Player 1 who slams their foot down, pointing that the sun had already gone down.
The first day was already over, but already there was a sense of foreboding that real time mob hysteria was only just beginning.....

END OF DAY 1

Rickdaily12

Postby Swordsworth » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:42 am

The rewrite is getting better and better :D
Spoiler: Somewhere beyond the sea
Somewhere waiting for me

S E N A T O R M E M E C H I N O
Swordsworth
Patron
Patron

Postby Watt2015 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:27 am

I love it :D

(How long was this like that? Damn autocorrect)
Last edited by Watt2015 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Favourite Quote:
Spoiler:

Watt2015
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: Forum Mafia STORY (Night 1 BEGINS)

Postby Rickdaily12 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:48 pm

=== NIGHT 1 BEGINS ===

I check Darren's watch. 7:50 PM.
I sigh as I crumple up another piece of ruined loose leaf at my desk in my bedroom. I've spent over an hour now, since getting home with some food, trying to work out some good ideas on how to perform my abilities tonight, but I keep freezing myself over what ifs about players when they arrived here. What if some players just have a generally suspicious approach to the game? What if some of us are completely freaking out because it's real? Or what if some of them are hardened liars, trying to pose as our friend and mind-game us into trusting them?
'Then, there's the part about having to ask what happens if I drew too much attention to myself tonight...' I feel my anxiety increasing.
No. No, I shouldn't think like that. If I can't get myself to focus, then I'm not going to end up helping anyone.
I think back to when the six of us, Players 7 to 12, gathered us around the folders. I remember them distinctively, and begin jotting a list:

(The Role List according to the Ledger) wrote:14 Green Folders
5 Red Folders
6 Greyscale Folders

2 Town Glass
2 Town Aid
1 Town Gun
2 Town (!!!)
2 Town Sun
3 Town (???)
2 Town Blank

2 Mafia Crest
1 Mafia (!!!)
2 Mafia (???)

1 Neutral White
2 Neutral Grey
2 Neutral Black
1 Neutral Biohazardous

"We have Town Investigatives, Protectives, Killings, Supports, Powers, Citizens, and a randomizer." 12 looks up, finished with organizing the folders. "Mafia have their Killing, Support, and Deceptive alignments, as well as a randomizer. And lastly, Neutrals can either be Benign, Evil, or Killing."
I snap back into focus. So, both 10 and 12 instantly thought these were BMG based roles?
'If that's true, I can probably discern the role list just by this alone.' I put my pen to my lip. 'The magnifying glass is easy, that seems Investigative. And the Aid symbol is easy too- that's gotta be Protective. Guns are for Killing. As for the blank, the Sun, exclamation marks, and question marks...'
I circle the two matching classes of Town and Mafia folders. "These two groups are probably the same."
Indeed, why else would the same symbol be used? If Mafia and Town had the same two factional classifications, would they not symbol the same?
'Town doesn't have a Deception subclass, and Mafia Killing doesn't show as a gun. The only thing left is Support. And as for the furious question marks, if randomizers can be represented as slots as well, then would these not both mark a Random Town and a Random Mafia?'
Which would leave the Sun symbol to probably mean Town Power, Blank to mean Citizen, Crest to mean Mafia Killing. As for the Neutrals...
"Those look easy at first glance. Benign, Evil, and Killing... but if that's true... then what the hell is going on with that biohazardous symbol...?"
Seriously, what the hell was the Mayor on by drawing up THAT symbol?
I strike my pen through that one folder and just leave the slot blank. I'm sure that if we don't have that answer now, we'll know it soon.
'Okay, so, assuming that this is all ripped right out of BlankMediaGames, only then can I trust that this is accurate as a rolelist. It seems balanced enough, although the Mayor himself seems to be included on the Town's side. The issue at hand is, I gotta pretend I don't know the role list for the time being. Who knows if it's right or not?'
I get up from the desk, and go to lie down on my bed. I check Darren's watch again. 7:58 PM.
"That was only eight minutes?" I frown. "Geez. Day's not for another 10 hours. What the hell am I supposed to do here?"

=== Winnipeg Convention Centre, Manitoba, 8:35 PM ===

"Excuse me sir, is there something I can help you with?"
Darren snaps back into focus, realizing there's a slim woman in a WCC uniform trying to get his attention.
She's leaning a bit, frowning as he's sitting on the ground. "I've noticed you haven't moved much in the last hour, and we're going to be closing soon..."
"I'm really sorry about that." He waves her off a bit, watching a door. "It's my friend, I promised I'd wait for him, and he said he'd get back any minute."
She follows his gaze. "You think your friend is in that room? If so, I can go check for you..."
"Well, I don't think he would have slipped out without texting me." He shakes his head, still not looking at her. "In case he did, he was participating in this event earlier... but they asked me not to bother them. So I've just kinda been waiting for either him, or one of the organizers to come out."
She turns to him. "Is that so? Huh, that would be rather unusual. Can you tell me what your friend looks like, then? I can go ask security..."
"He's just a bit smaller than me, just under six feet. He was wearing a red shirt with a grey sweater, jeans, white shoes. Please let me know."
She excuses herself, walking off down the hall. Meanwhile, Darren continues watching the door with a determined smile.
"Real time Mafia combat? Yeah, I doubt that would be happening here. So if you think you're going to be able to transport him in peace, guess again."
His glaring at the door becomes more intense, his focus even stronger, when he suddenly notices something cold brush against his left hand. His face jolts to the ground. A brass pen rests against his palm, but there's a slip of paper tied around the pen. He grabs the pen, unfolding the paper.
"Too late." Darren mouths slowly, barely a whisper. "Gone. Behave or else. Let's make a deal. Look to your left."
No... that can't be right. He's watched that door this whole time- no one's come out of it yet!
He clearly becomes distraught, his breathing more stressed. Frantically, he gazes down his left, where an arm waves out from behind a corner.
Darren gets up and walks to the corner. It leads into the women's bathroom. Suddenly, the door rips open, and pulls him in by the shirt. He's about to yell out in protest when his attacker slams him against the wall, covering his mouth by the arm.
"Shhh..." A well grown man dressed in black formal wear puts a finger to his lip, whispering to Darren. "Someone wants to speak with you. Quietly."
A more slim and lanky man in a white coat comes out from around a wall, regarding him. He tilts his head away from Darren. The grown man in black releases him, but blocks the door, preventing a quick exit.
"Let me guess." Darren seeths. "You know exactly what the hell is going on."
"Oh, I know full well what's going on." The white man shrugs, smiling. "You should consider yourself lucky to even get to talk with me, seeing as how most non-contestants would have been tossed out the building by my guard by now. Not you. You're too complicated, too risky, to treat like that."
"So you're the one organizing this?" He demands.
"No. But I am one of the higher ups in this district. I suppose that's all you really need to know for now- I'm the highest ranking officer here."
"How many other districts are there?" Darren doesn't let up.
"Tens, around the world. Careful what questions you ask, boy."
"I want my friend back. He's fearing for his life, and I know you still have him here. If you don't let him go, I swear-"
"Let him go?" The man laughs. "I'm afraid even I can't make that happen anymore, my dear friend. Your friend isn't even in the country by this point."
It was like a cannon just exploded right in front of him. Darren's face goes chalk white, staggering against the wall in a daze.
"How... I... I was watching the whole time...?!"
"At this stage, there's no point in doing anything besides being completely honest with each other." The man approaches him. "Your friend is officially out of my jurisdiction, and he's entered the arena several hours ago. The situation is out of both of our control now. Which leaves an issue with you."
If looks could kill, Darren would have reduced this man to ash in a split second. "This is kidnapping. You'll never get away with this."
"Oh we will, and that's why we don't want to make anything complicated. You see, we already have all the elements in place, but in my district right now, we have the issue of you. You see, you're the highest class of witness to ever actually see one of our contestants in the process of being taken. Originally we allowed this, thinking you'd leave the center once we took your friend, seeing as how you originally complied to not interfere. But here we are, you're still trying to get in the way of our operation. And I'm here to tell you that this behavior is futile, and is only going to draw unwanted attention to yourself. And trust me, I'd really rather not have anything... distressing... happen to a lovely devoted dear friend of a contestant, such as yourself."
Darren grunts, caught off guard by the threat. "You're a disgusting person. Why the hell would I ever help you?"
"Because I think it's in both of our mutual better interests if you stopped resisting and started cooperating. Please believe me when I say that."
"Your note said you wanted to make a deal. Get to the damn point."
The white coated man reaches into one of his pockets, pulling out a small card. "I have here, vital information as to the whereabouts of your friend right now. You won't be able to contact him, but you will be able to monitor him along with us. Originally, our idea was to bring everyone into the arena with nothing other than their own bodies and clothing. But as we now know, and as I've been informed, you were directly involved in smuggling a certain item into the arena. That could very well complicate matters if the wrong person gets wind of the information you currently hold. Since it's too late to directly stop you from your acts of defiance, I'm going to ask that you at least help us keep a tight lid on our operations."
Then the man holds the card out to Darren. "So here is the deal. You always know the whereabouts and status of your friend. You stay quiet."
Darren's glare reluctantly dampens into a stare. "Alright. What happens if I say no, and try to go public with this?"
"For starters, we would have to intervene and immediately do something about you. You wouldn't like that." The man nonchalantly shrugs. "But more to the point, second of all, we've already invented a rock solid alibi for your friend, something completely in character that he'd be doing over the next two weeks. Everyone relevant in his life is already aware of this as we speak, so no one else knows the truth- besides you. You are the only witness with truly critical sensitive information. Instead of bagging and tagging you, I'm offering you a chance to live quietly."
Darren senses the man in black behind him stiffen out a bit. His heart rate begins climbing, his adrenaline kicking in.
"Even if you are able to somehow tell someone your findings as we watch you to ensure you don't make a move, the chances of anyone believing that your friend has been kidnapped by a group of unknown top secret operatives, rather than him just doing something everyone would expect him to, well... let's just say that in the face of these odds, I'm perfectly happy just being a betting man."
Once more, the coated man waves the card out at him. "I'd say this is a generous offer. So, do we have a deal?"
After several tense seconds pass between them, finally, Darren reluctantly approaches the man, and takes the card.
"What the hell could be more important to you guys than all of these innocent lives you're hanging in the balance?" He demands.
"That information is highly confidential." The man shakes his head. "Even my own guard detail doesn't know. However, I can tell you... we decided about your friend well before he even applied to be accepted into the arena. We know all about Rick Miller. One of his many redeeming qualities is his very skill at this game he currently finds himself cornered by. His life may be hanging in the balance, my dear Darren Black, but one thing I think you and I are both well aware of, is the fact that this boy certainly knows how to hold his own under these circumstances."
"I swear... if he dies out there-"
"Then my condolences are with you, deeply, should something ever happen to him. Further condolences that you'd have to remain silent about it."
Darren grits his teeth, as the coated man walks around him.
"Farewell, Darren Black. I wish you and your friend the best of luck."
Before he could remark, the last thing Darren remembered was a sharp pinch near the back of his neck. All went black.

--- 9:46 PM ---

I open the front door, peering out into the darkness after eating dinner.
To my surprise, it's not as dark as I thought it was going to be. A couple others were sitting outside with their porch lights on, gazing out. The night was also warm and comfortable, unlike back home at Winnipeg, where the grips of winter still had a hold on the air. Here was almost like a vacation.
'Except, this kind of vacation could involve me bleeding out on the streets, so there is that.'
Aside from dinner, I had finished spending an hour making unreliable notes to myself about the various other people who lived here. It's still too early to go to bed, but what made everything uncomfortable about actually being in a Mafia town during Night Phase was having far too much time to yourself.
I turn my porch light on, and just sit out for a bit, thinking to myself.
"So, when I was Moderator... the only thing I remember saying about Night Phases is how they're too dangerous to stay outside for too long." I think out loud. "But then again, if most members of the Town leave their houses at Night, and if everyone is generally always able to perform their actions at Night in the Town before being killed, then doesn't this imply that the night isn't actually so dangerous that you can't explore around the place a bit?"
I recall the warning the Mayor left us once he died:
"Beware of the movements at night. [...] Once it starts to get dark, the City Hall is off-limits to all, regardless of who you are. Consider anyone an enemy who lurks within its walls in the night where they cannot be seen. There is to be no defense to performing your searches at night."
I rub my chin. "That was the only actual rule. If these hypothetical game mods wanted to confine us to our houses, why not just tell all of us not to go out at all, unless it was strictly necessary to?"
It's almost... as though they wanted us to explore in the first place? Otherwise, why not just have stricter rules?
I reach out into my back pocket, pulling out my city map, studying it further.
"So, the only structure here that's actually off limits is the City Hall... and everyone else is apparently free to roam the night anywhere else..."
I look back up into the unwelcoming darkness of night again, only to now realize that it's fairly brightly lit by a waxing gibbous moon in the sky.
'Huh. A place like this is more beautiful than I first thought...'
I get up from my bench, just to lean against the exit to the porch.
'It's really not all that hard to argue our freedom to explore the city at night, then. Even if I didn't have a Night Action, I'd probably just go out and do this. But what if everyone sees me walk out, and just doesn't believe me, or care, if I were to tell them I'm actually just a Citizen?'
The last thing anyone should do if the game is this real, is draw attention to one's self. But at the same time, if Night Phase investigation helps keeps us alive, wouldn't it be more foolish if I tried not to do anything at all, just going to bed the moment my Night Action's been performed?
I look back down at the City Map, and realize there's an inconsistency with my memory from earlier this afternoon.
After one more hesitation, the survivalist part of me screaming and begging me to stay behind, I harrumph and push into the dark city.
"I can't let fear get the better of me forever."
Sensing some troubled looks being sent my way from my half of the city, I push ahead to the dead center of Town.
After a decent walk and a bit, I finally begin to see what appears to be a tall, dark shadowy silhouette in the middle of everything.
"Whoa." My eyes widen. "Clearly I didn't get a good look of the place once that bell rung. What the hell is that?"
After getting closer to the object and my eyes adjusting to the darkness in the moonlight, finally I'm able to get a better look. I seem to be in front of a large tower, of mostly white brick and four cardinal archways that led into the dark cavity of the tower. The base of the tower spreads out like an open cube, but the rest of the tower looked like a white cylinder, left open and topped by a wooden roof with red shingles on top.
I gawk. What was this thing? I look down again at the map, and after I do that, there's no mistaking where I was standing...
I am directly in front of the lynch platform.
"What, this...?" I look up at the contraption. "Instead of just a normal gallows? Why do we need such a tall tower...?"
"What the HELL are you doing?!"
I shriek, badly startled by the voice out of nowhere. Frantically I look around, only to finally see an angry dark figure stomping from behind me.
'CRAP! What have I gotten myself into?!' I step back, frightened. 'This couldn't... really be someone about to attack me, right...?!'
Finally, the figure comes into view. It's the boy from House 4!
"I asked you a question!" He demands. "Do you have any idea what time it is? It's too dangerous to be out here, what the hell are you doing here?!"
"Uh..." I'm badly caught off guard.
'That doesn't sound like someone trying to kill me. That sounds like someone who's terrified that I'm breaking Mafia standards. Hmm...'
"Well, I just wanted to get a closer look at this, is all." I finally gesture to the Tower. "I didn't remember actually getting a good look at our lynching platform, and I thought I noticed a giant structure that wasn't included in our map or anything."
"You came all this way just to smell the roses then, basically?" He folds his arms, giving me a raised brow.
"Uh... yeah?" I restore my posture. "I mean, are you going to tell me how this thing works? Because, I don't know about you, but I'd rather not waste any time tonight when I can be outside, getting a lead on stuff like this to help us waste as little time as possible tomorrow."
"I don't get it. Why couldn't this just wait for tomorrow?" He doesn't look convinced.
"Do you have somewhere better to be tonight? The night is still only fresh, and I'm really not in the mood to sleep any time soon."
Clearly that remark had some teeth to it. He loosens himself. "Hmm. Fair point, I guess, but come on, 11. It is dangerous to be out here by yourself."
"I think I'd be begging for more trouble if I went up to anyone's door tonight, went knocking, and ask them to come out with me."
4 sighs. "Alright, alright. Fine. I just don't plan on following you off the bridge, is all I'm saying. So, what do you plan on doing here?"
I back away a bit more to the south side of the Tower, then resume facing the structure.
"Without getting myself killed, I was just trying to get a better look at this thing." I look up at it. "There's no way it has a step switch or anything- we could never convince anyone to willingly step on it without risking a Town member stepping on it. So I guess all I was really looking for is the kill method, or kill trigger. What exactly does this Tower do? That sort of thing."
"That still didn't answer my question, just what are you going to..." He starts, but his voice trails when he sees me enter the cavity.
"Hey! Stuart Little! Are you really sure that's a good idea? What if the thing squashes you like a mouse?!"
I ignore him, trying to get a better look from the inside for some sort of clue. I nearly trip after a few steps in- I'm realizing now that I'm about to step onto a wooden raised platform. It couldn't be more than a few inches off the ground.
"This has to have more of a trigger, but if this is where people are supposed to step, I doubt the trigger would be anywhere near there..."
I look about the Tower's pillars, when my eyes fall onto a pull switch along one of the corners.
"11...?" I can still hear Player 4 calling for me. "You still with me?"
I make sure I stand completely clear of the platform. Once I have, I grab the pull switch, and crank it downward.
-click!-
"Uh- whoa!" Player 4 yelled out. "Hey, I think a switch just sprang out of the ground in front of me! What should I do?!"
'What...?' I frown, looking out to him. 'Why wouldn't the mechanism just activate right now?'
"Another switch, you said?!" I call back. "Give it a pull for me, will you! Let's see what happens!"
I lean back, directly facing the switch I was in front of. 'Strange... why have a switch for a switch? It seems kinda pointle-'
*SNAP!* ERRRRRRR*
My eyes widen in horror, as I notice a deafeningly loud sound lurch from above me.
WHAM!!!!!

Eight Hours Remain in Night 1.
Last edited by Rickdaily12 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rickdaily12

Postby Rickdaily12 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:50 pm

Originally, this was written back when Rick was a Moderator, and the only unique roles in the Mafia were Godfather and Mafioso.

To these roles in particular, the Mafia Insignia had much more significance to them back then.

Rickdaily12

Postby Watt2015 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:13 pm

Still love the story :p
Favourite Quote:
Spoiler:

Watt2015
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Varanus » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:41 pm

Kirize12 wrote:But Mafia Tactical ;_;

This came before Mafia Tactical. It will be fine, Kirize.
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator

Postby Nellyfox » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:11 pm

That wasn't really funny.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby deferentsheep » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:18 pm

Nellyfox wrote:That wasn't really funny.

it was pretty funny i liked the part where rick accidentally selfhammered
bound to the sky for eternity, the unbudging god is all-knowing, all-seeing
deferentsheep
Disguiser
Disguiser

PreviousNext

Return to FM Discussion