Biggest FM Drama [Poll]

Talk about Forum Mafia feedback, suggestions, etc here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Which of these is the spiciest?

LoF is demodded
1%
Gossie claims Arsonist in CFM11
No votes
8C
1%
CFM12 and the Mask of Alternate Futures
6%
Undertale FM
5%
James2 fakeclaims in 9C
8%
FMBot ruins 9G
10%
Parallax/Gooose Discord Drama
9%
Episode XI is canned
6%
12F
9%
Mroz claims modbias
3%
Varanus v. Retral
12%
PKR/Tardis Cheating Drama
10%
Cow Deletes FM Threads
18%

Total votes : 97

Biggest FM Drama [Poll]

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:28 pm

I'll try my best to have this be chronological order.

• LoF is demodded - This was 5 years ago and I wasn't around so I don't know too much about it. It's not as dramatic as anything else on this list but there's over a year long gap between this site's inception and the next oldest event so... My understanding is that LoF did some stuff (like editing a player's post as mod) that caused their removal, and they didn't take it that well. It didn't cause that much of a stir back then since the community was much more relaxed, but it's the most from the classic age of FM that I could think of.
  • Gossie claims Arsonist in CFM11 - CFM11 was enough of a mess as is. It was overly ambitious and it didn't help that the mod bailed halfway through to leave Invenio with all of the grunt work. Personally, I think that people shouldn't have been surprised that the person who claimed survivor as citizen would claim arsonist as citizen and that there were other townies to blame, but this did send the town on an irreversible course on the game.
  • 8C - The Harry Potter game. I believe this was the last or one of the last 11v9 games. Notable for the Dumblethor moment, where JammySplodge revealed as mayor to hammer the Executioner's target, the arsonist claiming vigilante (and putting it in the FM record on their sig!), and... just all around awful play, really. Town rushed a plan made by the executioner that led to a mafia win. Would this be the game where people learned that plans are bad...???
  • CFM12 and the Mask of Alternate Futures - There is so much to talk about this game. The town support was vigilante, an arsonist had no night or detection immunity and a citizen was randomly selected to share their wincon (and then proceeded to die and be cleaned), and so many masks were unbalanced. To be specific, the Mask of Alternate Futures. Pretzellover33, the Bulletproof Godfather Serial Killer with 2 strongman janitors got this mask. It allowed them to create an alternate future where anything could happen, within balanced limits. Or something like that. So, at this point in the game town had lynched a neutral evil and a bodyguard that claimed sheriff (James2) but got revived. Maybe something else happened it's almost 10pm and I'm not bothering to check BUT there was also a Veteran (ChamAlien) who was obviously new to FM, claimed investigator as vet bait. So, pretzel's scenario involved the "investigator" and the claimed retributionist dying. This would have worked as long as something true about reality was not leaked, which pretz proceeded to do when he claimed lookout and saw nobody visit taylor. Swords then locked the thread and posted some weird flavor about how the nature of reality was cracking. What proceeded was a purge of every post made since daystart so that the real future could begin. The real future involved pretz dying to vet, the other NE to mafia, and both sheriffs dying. Both had checked the arsonist, but one happened to have a mask that delayed their death by several phases. With several scum out of the way and multiple confirmed town from this incident, town was able to reach victory. The best about this was the glowing approval from Cow about the game's balance. It made, and still makes, Swords the butt of so many of our jokes, and explains the logo of the discord server since its inception.
  • Undertale FM - CFM13. The third total disaster CFM in a row. No wonder we got rid of them. One mafia got modkilled D1, another lynched. Town proceeded to throw the game away as they forgot that a bastard game means that it's, um, a bastard game. They also relied too much on the "you can copy and paste your rolecard (unless you include the line saying who wrote it, else then you'd be modkilled like so many people in that game (: ) rule and used flavor to brute force their way through the game. SirCakez the NGISV led the charge and got multiple townies killed as bilateral. After removing the neutrals mafia got to an easy game and relished in the salt of the town.
  • James2 fakeclaims in 9C - After drawing ire from fakeclaiming vigilante as citizen in 9B, our resident neo-Francoist brewed a master plan to win 9C, revive apartheid, and secure a future for his white children. Claims included Veteran and Executioner. Everybody decided justifiably that he was jesting and chose to lynch the bastard just to be safe. James, astonished that KKK members can be lynched too, proceeded to make even more wild claims about his role. Town proceeded to be in what they thought was an auto-win scenario until the retributionist "scumslipped" and some other stuff happened, yadda yadda mafia won in a chaotic upset. The actual executioner was leading the charge against James, who wasn't even their own target, just so you know how bad it was.
  • FMBot ruins 9G - FMBot was a bot made by iggyvolz to do votecounts. He eventually expanded it to carry out night actions. It could have had potential, but ran into a snag when it was discovered that it didn't understand how disguiser works. At least it understood it better than the Episode 14 mafia. A spy (which there was one in the game) would see that a member of the mafia visited [first disguiser target] and [second disguiser target] rather than the target of the player swapped with the mafia member. Oh, and the mafia had two disguisers, which is such a great team comp. Furthermore, the Godfather was roleblocked, which was easily deduced by the lack of a nightkill and from the spy. TorqueRxF, the Godfather, and Kmenx, a Disguiser, claimed mafia in a thread that was filled with open claims from players unsure if the game would continue or if they could make a game winning plan within the next 48 hours. The game was rerolled, but without the two who hardclaimed mafia. They were hit with 3 month bans in a controversial ruling. As for FMBot, it was snapped by Thantos in 2019 and nobody seemed to care.
  • Parallax/Gooose Discord Drama - I don't know and remember too much about this, but Parallax7 came onto the server and got banned after making jokes about rape. Gooose26 had defended him at the time and still did 2 years later. He got in a spat with pretty much everybody, causing him to point out something (?) about how the rules were wrong and bad and made him look wrong and bad, culminating in him calling Gent and Jord ringleader bigots and getting himself banned.
  • Episode XI is canned - The first try at Episode XI was off to a rough start. It was inactive and had too many slots to be replaced. After James2, the mafioso, died, and was banned from the discord server he made threats to Metrion that unless he was unbanned he would leak the rolelist for the episode. Met chose not to negotiate with terrorists and posted the PM in FM Discussion. Since it was a PM the post was removed, and James carried out the threat. The mods proved victorious as they could start over on a game that was walking with no legs and had a reason to ban James from FM, as well as temporarily kick him from the entire site. Instead of choosing to shoot himself in his own bunker, James chose to use his alts to send some massive manifesto to everybody who was on the FM playerbase list. He said that he was going to do this every day until he was banned, but gave up after a short while. Protecing the Motherland must've been too much work already.
  • 12F - In 7R, melanora the SK won after an endgame plan led her to avoid being killed so she could finish everybody off. This was unfortunately not the end of bad plans. 12F was off to a great start for town. They lynched the underboss, then the mafioso turned underboss. They had two sheriffs catching scum and clearing townies, and protectives and a transporter to back them up. It seemed unloseable for the town. The first dramatic event happened when the claimed jester, Bottlenose, who was working with town, was shot by spiteful mafia members TimeToReap and awesome5000. Those two were promplty lynched as almost everybody else was cleared. This left the Serial Killer, which had to be between the two people claiming jailor. xUltiix rescinded his citizen claim, which he had claimed after rescinding his jailor claim, to lynch the actual jailor. At this point everybody was claiming a confirmed slot or were cleared by the now dead sheriffs. But Ulti wouldn't give up, and hatched a plan where he would attack himself and kill whoever he was transported with. But how could that work unless the town was filled with a bunch of idiots? Turns out that not only did the Dumblethor, who left Hogwarts to become a Transporter, indeed transport him, but she and everybody else forgot that SK can attack themselves and assumed that Ulti was truthful when he said that the sheriffs had lied about their results and he wanted to lynch the jailor 4 teh lulz xD. A plan ensued and town lost. Oh, and the jester was given a win because, seriously mafia?
  • Mroz claims modbias - Milte's SFM was an unsurprising mess, made bastard from both the mechanics and the host. I should point out that one mafia's janitor got another mafia's rolecard from their clean without the names and roles of the other mafia redacted. Guess which mafia won? Oh, but Mroz4k didn't have any good thoughts about milte from this. During the game he PM'd a newish player tips about gameplay, which is a total violation of the OOG comms rule. And he got hit with a blacklist for that. He chose to double down, attack milte further, and made a thread for a new way to punish players. He claimed that there should be player-sided inspection in order to fight against supposed "modbias." Unfortunately for Mroz, he did not have enough modbias to shorten his blacklist period.
  • Varanus v. Retral - In BBFM2 Varanus and RetralMega got into a nasty spat. Retral said that he hoped Varanus had a gas leak, had his dorm shot, and was raped, and Varanus added oil to the already severely burning fire by taunting Retral even further. Both were removed from the game. The sequel (or maybe prequel I don't remember) to this was Varanus shooting Retral as soon as he could in a desperado game.
  • PKR/Tardit Cheating Drama - This happened offsite but leaked into our discord. The British dating furries conspired in a 100-player mash game on MU that took months to make. After PKR died he fed information to tardis from spectator chat. They got caught however, leading to the game being canned and the ultimately expelled from the server after a public feud carried over to our server.
  • Cow Deletes FM Threads - lol

Feel free to add anything since I have a gap for most of 2018/2019.
Last edited by ICECLIMBERS on Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: Image

in the distance the shelves
rode three shadows of blue
ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Re: Biggest FM Drama [Poll]

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:30 pm

I want to make it clear that I'm not using this to flame or shame anybody. I was thinking about how many dramatic events happened in the 2015-2016 period where FM was really active and transitioning, and some other events, and how they happened so long ago that anybody who remembers them just laughs about it.

ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby Varanus » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:45 pm

> Mask of Alternate Futures
pog
You were expecting a decent signature...

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator

Postby Kmenx » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:47 am

9G was the worst decision mods ever made
You can find me in discord at Disguiser#5127

Spoiler: My FM record:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Kmenx
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby woahah » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:59 am

vfm59 and the absolute bullshit that followed should be in here
it aint a winner but it should be there
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Chemist1422 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:16 am

woahah wrote:vfm59 and the absolute bullshit that followed should be in here
it aint a winner but it should be there

this
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby woahah » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:26 am

also there will be obvious bias for the cow hack as it was very recent
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Varanus » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:04 am

Flake wrote:realistically the goose/parallax thing was probably the biggest

that was the funniest shit

It was the funniest, but in a way barely counts for the list because there weren't any poor choices made on the fm side of that fiasco
Similar to how I don't think me v retral, James in 9C, or Mroz claiming mod bias really count much, just because the decisions made regarding those issues weren't particularly controversial

Also 8C didn't even have any drama, it was just absolutely hilarious

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator

Postby Chemist1422 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:06 am

there was a poor choice on the FM side, that being unbanning Gooose
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Varanus » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:10 am

As far as I'm aware, Gooose was never blacklisted from FM, as he never actually played it
Just was banned from fmzone, which hasn't been undone

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator

Postby Transcender » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:05 pm

Alternate Route Unlocked: Jaiden Altship gets Denied FM
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:36 pm

I made this as a shortlist and not as definitive.

ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby TrueGent » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:37 pm

what are the metrics for biggest
she/her
TrueGent
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby RAmcius » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:02 am

"lookout is OP" after Ep XIV
Call me Ramcius, capital a was an accident
RAmcius
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Postby TrueGent » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:01 pm

yesterday heavily outclassed by episode xi
she/her
TrueGent
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby S0me0ne23 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:16 pm

Overseer wrote:Yesterday pog

imagine being this desperate for attention
im assuming you're google because i don't think anyone else cares enough to even bother calling it drama
S0me0ne23
Lookout
Lookout

Postby EvilDeanius0 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:07 pm

Kmenx wrote:9G was the worst decision mods ever made

Yeah I still dont see the logic they had for that

12F wasn't really drama, it was just mega retardation from all the players, but still my favourite.
FM Record: 39 - 61
EvilDeanius0
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral

Postby watchme1 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:40 pm

Don't bring back memories of 7R pls

There was the SFM62 drama with the gamethrowing as well (probably not as big but big from recent memory)
FM Record - 26 Wins - 33 Losses - 7 Broke/Draw

Rip tosfm
watchme1
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby TheWabbit » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:23 am

cow deleting threads wasn't spicy in any way

varanus v. retral is kinda good i think

TheWabbit
FM Awards: Mafia
FM Awards: Mafia

Postby Varanus » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:08 am

TheWabbit wrote:cow deleting threads wasn't spicy in any way

varanus v. retral is kinda good i think

It was spicy, but there really weren't any controversial decisions made

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator

Postby MichaelgRook » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:49 pm

the first event I was here for was 12F which I'm glad I skipped
I'm vibin to video game snow themes and I blame chemist
I'm a they/them Ice-type lover
MichaelgRook
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Jezz92 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:52 am

12F wasn’t even dramatic or spicy
It was just retarded
Jezz92
Godfather
Godfather

Postby ladd » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:43 am

ICECLIMBERS wrote:CFM12 and the Mask of Alternate Futures - There is so much to talk about this game. The town support was vigilante, an arsonist had no night or detection immunity and a citizen was randomly selected to share their wincon (and then proceeded to die and be cleaned), and so many masks were unbalanced. To be specific, the Mask of Alternate Futures. Pretzellover33, the Bulletproof Godfather Serial Killer with 2 strongman janitors got this mask. It allowed them to create an alternate future where anything could happen, within balanced limits. Or something like that. So, at this point in the game town had lynched a neutral evil and a bodyguard that claimed sheriff (James2) but got revived. Maybe something else happened it's almost 10pm and I'm not bothering to check BUT there was also a Veteran (ChamAlien) who was obviously new to FM, claimed investigator as vet bait. So, pretzel's scenario involved the "investigator" and the claimed retributionist dying. This would have worked as long as something true about reality was not leaked, which pretz proceeded to do when he claimed lookout and saw nobody visit taylor. Swords then locked the thread and posted some weird flavor about how the nature of reality was cracking. What proceeded was a purge of every post made since daystart so that the real future could begin. The real future involved pretz dying to vet, the other NE to mafia, and both sheriffs dying. Both had checked the arsonist, but one happened to have a mask that delayed their death by several phases. With several scum out of the way and multiple confirmed town from this incident, town was able to reach victory. The best about this was the glowing approval from Cow about the game's balance. It made, and still makes, Swords the butt of so many of our jokes, and explains the logo of the discord server since its inception.

Undertale FM - CFM13. The third total disaster CFM in a row. No wonder we got rid of them. One mafia got modkilled D1, another lynched. Town proceeded to throw the game away as they forgot that a bastard game means that it's, um, a bastard game. They also relied too much on the "you can copy and paste your rolecard (unless you include the line saying who wrote it, else then you'd be modkilled like so many people in that game (: ) rule and used flavor to brute force their way through the game. SirCakez the NGISV led the charge and got multiple townies killed as bilateral. After removing the neutrals mafia got to an easy game and relished in the salt of the town.

Spoiler:
Shyren
*hum* *hum* *hum* *hum*
-Shyren

You are Pacifist Support

You are quite the shy one. You used to try to keep away from people for a long time, except for your agent. However, one day, there was someone who shared your interest in singing, they inspired you, and they helped you to not be as shy. Upon these timelines merging, you knew there was one thing you could do, sing for everyone. It might not be much, but who knows how it could help.

A player will be selected as your agent.

Once per game you can target someone to organize a concert at their house, you will receive a list with all the people participating. Your target cannot be killed during the concert. All visitors with malicious intent will be expelled from the concert and removed from the list. All people with malicious intent that visit you while performing will be prevented by the fans from reaching the stage, making all their actions against you fail. [edited out]

[edited it out]

Your agent is Hiphoplog.

James2 fakeclaims in 9C - After drawing ire from fakeclaiming vigilante as citizen in 9B, our resident neo-Francoist brewed a master plan to win 9C, revive apartheid, and secure a future for his white children. Claims included Veteran and Executioner. Everybody decided justifiably that he was jesting and chose to lynch the bastard just to be safe. James, astonished that KKK members can be lynched too, proceeded to make even more wild claims about his role. Town proceeded to be in what they thought was an auto-win scenario until the retributionist "scumslipped" and some other stuff happened, yadda yadda mafia won in a chaotic upset. The actual executioner was leading the charge against James, who wasn't even their own target, just so you know how bad it was.

ladd
FM Awards: Town
FM Awards: Town

Postby PolyesterHomes » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:25 pm

Good thing nobody remembers my SFM game. Hah.
"Whisper in the dark. The battle may yet be won."
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Varanus » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:23 am

PolyesterHomes wrote:Good thing nobody remembers my SFM game. Hah.

-laughs in SFM41-

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator

Next

Return to FM Discussion