WRONGFULLY removed from FM game (mega thread) dumb mods

Talk about Forum Mafia feedback, suggestions, etc here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

WRONGFULLY removed from FM game (mega thread) dumb mods

Postby triangularbrick » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:15 pm

ryanyb wrote:Racial slurs and harassment of any kind are not welcome on these forums. That extends to FM. Given very recently you were trying to get yourself banned from multiple platforms by spamming racial slurs, I am disallowing you from entering this game as I believe you post a risk to the integrity of the game and are likely to start trying to get yourself banned from this platform. At least, I haven't seen anything suggesting otherwise given you said " but I about to ruin ur fm" basically right after getting yourself banned from different platforms, and saying that you wanted as such or else you'd continue spamming racial slurs. You seem very unstable right now.

There will be players in this game uncomfortable with you present given your actions less than a half hour ago. For this reason and the ones above, you have been removed from VFM59 (and probably the hydra too but I'm not moderating that game).

I also couldn't help but to notice the suicide/self deprecating jokes in your profile. This is completely independent from the above. I could give a whole mental health spiel right now but I'm a bit restricted on time. As someone who's been there before and used jokes, particularly about suicide and depression and self-hatred/self-harm as a defense mechanism against facing the realities of my condition, it's really worrying to see something like that. If you're not already and you have the means to go do so, try to get yourself into some therapy, love and respect yourself, find healthy coping mechanisms, do what makes you genuinely (not superficially) happy, and all that jazz. I'm sure you've been told this stuff before and some minor authority figure on the internet is unlikely to actually evoke any change. But if it's some sort of subconscious cry for attention / help, which it sometimes is (and am guessing it is, even if you haven't consciously acknowledged it is, given the cry for attention stuff like spamming racial slurs can be), I took notice. You are loved, you're worth it, push through.

- Ryan and the FM Mod Team

Many things wrong with this
Im being removed on from this forum game for breaking a forum rule on a discord server
This is mad low iq I'm ngl
Also don't you fucking dare talk down to me with this weird suicide shit like grow up wtf is all this
I just wanna play FM with some friends
I said the n word on some offbranch trash discord sever as a joke and now you're saying "if this was said on the forum it would break a rule and because I saw it on the discord server and I am a member of the FM team I must now block this guy playing FM even tho there's no correlation"

Look dude I'm edgy af but I'm not dumb this is actual bullshit and personally I think a bit of a humiliation tool by the FM mods.
Last edited by triangularbrick on Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shitpost Veteran
I play FM like a retard btw
alias +LJ "+duck; +jump; -forward; +klook"
alias -LJ "-duck; -jump; -klook"

They made the lounge rules because of me! ;)
my best friend is GOOGLE and we are both Chaotic Evil's.
triangularbrick
Transporter
Transporter

Re: WRONGFULLY removed from FM game with bad mod work

Postby triangularbrick » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:16 pm

Also go back over my 7 fm games and tell me if I was breaking forum rules then ?
I'm og
I've been around for ages
And suddenly the thought police have done some psychiatric analysis in my brain think I'm going to get myself banned wtf I wanna play my FM with my friends bro
Shitpost Veteran

triangularbrick
Transporter
Transporter

Postby triangularbrick » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:38 pm

FM mods are killing this with silence but it's so illogical because by the same logic anything I do in my spare time is judged on the forum by forum moderators? It makes no sense I'm mad af that not only am I being fucked by this dumb mod bs that doesn't apply to the forum because I never broke a forum rule on the forum I broke a forum rule on like another third party thing all together (which hint if you look at my steam the amount of n word groups I'm in is a bit big and has been since I made a forum acc maybe ban me perma now because I'm not a cool person off the forum but that's not the rules retard) but I also have to sit through this dumb shit about oh go see a therapist like wtf is this passive aggressive bullshit I'm fuming tbh I've been treated like shit by FM mods who I only ever am nice too and reasonable in their games?
Shitpost Veteran

triangularbrick
Transporter
Transporter

Re: WRONGFULLY removed from FM game (mega thread) dumb mods

Postby triangularbrick » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:41 pm

Wanna resolve it rationally DM me and don't tell me you're fucking short on time when you just dished me out some massive punishment without appeal
Shitpost Veteran

triangularbrick
Transporter
Transporter

Postby ryanyb » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:59 pm

I was in the process of replying to your DM's when you posted this. So, since you wanted to address this in public, I'll post my response publicly. I had finished writing up this response and was about to send it when I noticed this thread.

Then, I'm locking this thread. If you or anyone else has further questions, you can ask me in DM. I might not get to them right away since I've got work that I've got some work that I need to address very soon that does not pertain to BMG or FM.

The response that Ryanyb was writing when you decided to post this in FM Discussion wrote:You tried to get yourself banned from "ToS servers" that share many people with the FM community by using racial slurs. This made some people uncomfortable. You strongly implied in your message to me that your behavior was fine as long as no member of the moderation team saw it, meaning that, from your point of view, the only problem here is that you got caught. Not that you were using insensitive language and making people uncomfortable/offending them with racially charged language, all while intentionally being a general nuisance.

Forgive me for thinking that someone's past behavior can be used an indicator of their future behavior (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4807731/), especially in a short duration. You've spewed racially charged language more recently than you've been level headed and it seems you have every intent to repeat given your self-proclaimed intent to get banned from multiple discords by doing so.

Perhaps instead of thinking about this as an "anti-authority" event and ruminating on how much you dislike "people like me", you should take this as a lesson that such language and behaviors aren't appreciated, and flaunting them around like a trump card makes people uncomfortable. People generally don't like those who are intentionally disruptive nuisances.

You're not formally blacklisted, but given that this event happened an hour ago I know I'm not personally comfortable allowing you in my game which will be starting within the day. Half a day is not much time for people to reflect.

My apologies for using "passive aggressive" and 'demeaning' speech in referencing mental health in my first message you quoted. That was not the intent. I don't view mental health issues such as suicide and self loathing as jokes and reacted in what I think was an appropriate manner.

Also I suppose I should have been clearer about you not being blacklisted in my message to you which was quoted. I was, however, writing the above to clarify but you didn't wait for a response.

I'm not about to toss this thread in the trash right now, especially since this is a cry against authority and if I do so it's validating a point. I'll let it sit here. If people want to start up a conversation about it in a more respectful manner then I'm more than welcome to listen and respond to complaints if they arise. But trying to argue that the response was "humiliating" is, in my opinion, not very valid, and I apologize if you felt that the DM was an attack in any way.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Return to FM Discussion