Suggest roles here

Talk about Forum Mafia feedback, suggestions, etc here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Suggest roles here

Postby Phone0Ix » Fri May 31, 2019 3:44 pm

A not very wise man once said roles for FM shouldn't be suggested here. While there still are roles being suggested because that not very wise man didn't realise there is a place for suggesting FM roles. So ppl can suggest roles here good idea right. One thread - Multiple ideas!
Hey I'm Julian, a fan from ToS! If you want to have my Discord username or play a game of ToS, just PM me!

FM stats:
11-24-2
Also look this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:00 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Suggest roles here

Postby Phone0Ix » Fri May 31, 2019 3:51 pm

Spider

TS

Abilties:
- Can throw a web on somebody. You got two different webs: Protection web, and an investigation web.
Protection web stops all negative effects.
Investigation web tells you the night notifications the person had.

A protection web breaks once it stopped 3 negative effects.
An investigation web breaks once it shared 3 night notifications.

Another ability you have is taking back a web, so you can replace it the night after. It still isn't fully recovered if it was damaged.

So you can choose between one of this three:
- Place an investigation web on somebody
- Place a protection web on somebody
- Take back a web from somebody
Hey I'm Julian, a fan from ToS! If you want to have my Discord username or play a game of ToS, just PM me!

FM stats:
11-24-2
Also look this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:00 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Suggest roles here

Postby ZoruaLuhansk » Fri May 31, 2019 3:52 pm

https://blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=84666
Second creator spotlight thread
in case you had an Idea from here that you want to retry
Though all are free in name
They are slaves to barbarism in truth
For when they are not held by desires, God is freed

-My Greek Textbook
User avatar
ZoruaLuhansk
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:24 pm
Location: [MDT/CST]

Re: Suggest roles here

Postby Phone0Ix » Fri May 31, 2019 4:32 pm

ZoruaLuhansk wrote:https://blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=84666
Second creator spotlight thread
in case you had an Idea from here that you want to retry

Tnx
Hey I'm Julian, a fan from ToS! If you want to have my Discord username or play a game of ToS, just PM me!

FM stats:
11-24-2
Also look this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:00 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Suggest roles here

Postby Kmenx » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:15 am

Spider is just a way better marshal bit too OP
You can find me in discord at Disguiser#5127

Spoiler: My FM record:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing



Image
User avatar
Kmenx
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:57 am
Location: In a country with declining dignity since 2002

Re: Suggest roles here

Postby Phone0Ix » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:14 am

Kmenx wrote:Spider is just a way better marshal bit too OP

But Marshal has infinite charges. What if I nerf Spider into allowing the protection web to 2?
Hey I'm Julian, a fan from ToS! If you want to have my Discord username or play a game of ToS, just PM me!

FM stats:
11-24-2
Also look this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:00 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Suggest roles here

Postby TheWabbit » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:22 am

Phone0Ix wrote:
Kmenx wrote:Spider is just a way better marshal bit too OP

But Marshal has infinite charges. What if I nerf Spider into allowing the protection web to 2?

or like just have it so that there can only be 1 web of each out at a time

takes a night phase to recall a web
can only throw a web once per night
Image

          

User avatar
TheWabbit
FM Awards: Mafia
FM Awards: Mafia
 
Posts: 1296
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 10:37 pm
Location: GMT +8

Re: Suggest roles here

Postby Phone0Ix » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:37 pm

TheWabbit wrote:
Phone0Ix wrote:
Kmenx wrote:Spider is just a way better marshal bit too OP

But Marshal has infinite charges. What if I nerf Spider into allowing the protection web to 2?

or like just have it so that there can only be 1 web of each out at a time

takes a night phase to recall a web
can only throw a web once per night

That's already in play

Down the idea it says a TL;DR where it says you choose one of three

Probs should've pur you only got one of each
Hey I'm Julian, a fan from ToS! If you want to have my Discord username or play a game of ToS, just PM me!

FM stats:
11-24-2
Also look this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:00 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Suggest roles here

Postby Phone0Ix » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:38 pm

Phone0Ix wrote:Spider

TS

Abilties:
- Can throw a web on somebody. You got two different webs: Protection web, and an investigation web.
Protection web stops all negative effects.
Investigation web tells you the night notifications the person had.

A protection web breaks once it stopped 3 negative effects.
An investigation web breaks once it shared 3 night notifications.

Edit: You only got one of each web.

Another ability you have is taking back a web, so you can replace it the night after. It still isn't fully recovered if it was damaged.

So you can choose between one of this three:
- Place an investigation web on somebody
- Place a protection web on somebody
- Take back a web from somebody
Hey I'm Julian, a fan from ToS! If you want to have my Discord username or play a game of ToS, just PM me!

FM stats:
11-24-2
Also look this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:00 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Suggest roles here

Postby dota2reporter » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:23 pm

Trickster (Neutral Evil)

Abilities:
-Choose two people during the day phase.

Attributes:
-They will do each others' actions instead of their own.
-They will still be the ones choosing their targets.
-They will not know they were tricked.
-Transporters' and witches'(if these roles are present) instruments are too complicated for your tricks, so they are immune to you.
-You will not know if one of the targets was immune to your trick.
-You have a one-time shield that protects you from basic attacks.

Goal: Survive to see the town lose the game

Sheriff: N/S
Investigator: Escort/Consort/Transp/Trickster
Last edited by dota2reporter on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

My most recent song (updated 02/07):
Spoiler:
User avatar
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
 
Posts: 3258
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:56 am
Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Re: Suggest roles here

Postby Phone0Ix » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:16 am

I kinda like the idea. I thought it was bastard on first sight but its like Witch, except with two targets and less control of who gets targetted. Maybe a bit swingy sometimes, and I wonder why Jailor is immune
Hey I'm Julian, a fan from ToS! If you want to have my Discord username or play a game of ToS, just PM me!

FM stats:
11-24-2
Also look this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:00 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Suggest roles here

Postby Phone0Ix » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:30 am

Made a rolecard for Spider

Spider

You are a Spider.

Your alignment is Town Support.

You are just a really small spider in the disguise of a human. One day, the Mayor found out. Because he told nobody in the town of your actual form, you decided that you should help the town with your powers.

At night you can do three possible things.
- Put a protective web on a person of your choice.
- Put a spying web on a person of your choice.
- Remove a web from a player.
Your protective web stops all negative abilities on a person of your choice. However after it stopped 3 or more negative abilities, the web breaks and can't be used anymore.
Your spying web shows you the night feedback the person you are spying on receives. However after you have seen 3 or more feedback, the web breaks and can't be used again.
You only have one of each web so use them carefully!

You win with the Town
You win with Survivors
You must kill the Mafia
You must kill Arsonists
You must kill Witches
You must kill Serial Killers
You must kill Stalkers
You may spare anyone else
Hey I'm Julian, a fan from ToS! If you want to have my Discord username or play a game of ToS, just PM me!

FM stats:
11-24-2
Also look this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:00 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Suggest roles here

Postby dota2reporter » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:32 am

Phone0Ix wrote:I kinda like the idea. I thought it was bastard on first sight but its like Witch, except with two targets and less control of who gets targetted. Maybe a bit swingy sometimes, and I wonder why Jailor is immune

well jailor isn't used much anyway

My most recent song (updated 02/07):
Spoiler:
User avatar
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
 
Posts: 3258
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:56 am
Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Re: Suggest roles here

Postby Phone0Ix » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:46 am

dota2reporter wrote:
Phone0Ix wrote:I kinda like the idea. I thought it was bastard on first sight but its like Witch, except with two targets and less control of who gets targetted. Maybe a bit swingy sometimes, and I wonder why Jailor is immune

well jailor isn't used much anyway

You could remove him being immune
Hey I'm Julian, a fan from ToS! If you want to have my Discord username or play a game of ToS, just PM me!

FM stats:
11-24-2
Also look this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:00 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Suggest roles here

Postby Chemist1422 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:47 am

Phone0Ix wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:
Phone0Ix wrote:I kinda like the idea. I thought it was bastard on first sight but its like Witch, except with two targets and less control of who gets targetted. Maybe a bit swingy sometimes, and I wonder why Jailor is immune

well jailor isn't used much anyway

You could remove him being immune

Isn't Jailor action a day action anyway
User avatar
Chemist1422
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner
 
Posts: 947
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:39 pm
Location: on the beach at dusk (CST/CDT)

Re: Suggest roles here

Postby Phone0Ix » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:25 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:
Phone0Ix wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:
Phone0Ix wrote:I kinda like the idea. I thought it was bastard on first sight but its like Witch, except with two targets and less control of who gets targetted. Maybe a bit swingy sometimes, and I wonder why Jailor is immune

well jailor isn't used much anyway

You could remove him being immune

Isn't Jailor action a day action anyway

Execution is a night action
Hey I'm Julian, a fan from ToS! If you want to have my Discord username or play a game of ToS, just PM me!

FM stats:
11-24-2
Also look this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:00 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Suggest roles here

Postby dota2reporter » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:27 pm

what does removing the web do? do you get the web back?

My most recent song (updated 02/07):
Spoiler:
User avatar
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
 
Posts: 3258
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:56 am
Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Re: Suggest roles here

Postby Phone0Ix » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:29 pm

dota2reporter wrote:what does removing the web do? do you get the web back?

Yes
Hey I'm Julian, a fan from ToS! If you want to have my Discord username or play a game of ToS, just PM me!

FM stats:
11-24-2
Also look this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:00 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Suggest roles here

Postby dota2reporter » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:31 pm

wouldn't you just stop 2 abilities/see 2 feedback
and then get the web back
and repeat that

My most recent song (updated 02/07):
Spoiler:
User avatar
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
 
Posts: 3258
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:56 am
Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Re: Suggest roles here

Postby Phone0Ix » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:54 pm

dota2reporter wrote:wouldn't you just stop 2 abilities/see 2 feedback
and then get the web back
and repeat that

The web remains damaged
Hey I'm Julian, a fan from ToS! If you want to have my Discord username or play a game of ToS, just PM me!

FM stats:
11-24-2
Also look this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:00 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Suggest roles here

Postby dota2reporter » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:59 pm

Phone0Ix wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:wouldn't you just stop 2 abilities/see 2 feedback
and then get the web back
and repeat that

The web remains damaged

ohhh i see

then it's pretty nice and flexible, me like

only problem i see is that it adds another TI/TP role in the TS slot

My most recent song (updated 02/07):
Spoiler:
User avatar
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
 
Posts: 3258
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:56 am
Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Re: Suggest roles here

Postby Phone0Ix » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:07 pm

dota2reporter wrote:
Phone0Ix wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:wouldn't you just stop 2 abilities/see 2 feedback
and then get the web back
and repeat that

The web remains damaged

ohhh i see

then it's pretty nice and flexible, me like

only problem i see is that it adds another TI/TP role in the TS slot

Isnt TS meant for allround or unique powers
Hey I'm Julian, a fan from ToS! If you want to have my Discord username or play a game of ToS, just PM me!

FM stats:
11-24-2
Also look this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:00 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Suggest roles here

Postby dota2reporter » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:09 pm

depends on the game itself + rolelist tbh

My most recent song (updated 02/07):
Spoiler:
User avatar
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
 
Posts: 3258
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:56 am
Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6


Return to FM Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests