18B | Sof - Town wins!

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: 18B | Day 1

Postby ZoruaLuhansk » Sat May 18, 2019 9:03 am

Your role is Botanist

Your alignment is Town Protective

You have discovered a breed of plant capable of stopping bullets with it's roots, you had better put this to good use.

During the night you may choose to target up to 2 people. You will put a plant at each of their houses.
If a player with a plant would be attacked, they will survive, however, their plant will wilt and die.
Due to the nature of this new breed, any other plants not in your possession will also wilt and die.
The protection will not kick in until next night.
You cannot target yourself.
However, those you have with you will remain healthy.
You have 8 plants in total.
consider this account deleted
don't try to contact me unless I have you as a discord friend
ZoruaLuhansk
Spy
Spy

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sat May 18, 2019 9:05 am

So what it's like a 8 shot cumulative doc?
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby ElusiveBelle » Sat May 18, 2019 9:05 am

GrumpyGoomba wrote:
ZoruaLuhansk wrote:
ZoruaLuhansk wrote:
GrumpyGoomba wrote:I haven't completed a single game yet lmao.

wut

You certainly play like you have
I sucked at that point in my FM career

I am in like 4 different games rn... I'm just winging it lol.

Also wait what, the fuck's a botanist?

A stupidly OP town protect role in late game.

The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth
ElusiveBelle
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby ElusiveBelle » Sat May 18, 2019 9:06 am

GrumpyGoomba wrote:So what it's like a 8 shot cumulative doc?

Basically everyone that has a plant can't be killed but once one plant is attacked they all wilt and need to be planted again. With only 8 plants to use total

ElusiveBelle
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sat May 18, 2019 9:07 am

Oof that's rough. I'd go mad if I had a role like that.
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby ElusiveBelle » Sat May 18, 2019 9:10 am

GrumpyGoomba wrote:Oof that's rough. I'd go mad if I had a role like that.

Look at 17F, was one heck of a ride.
And heckin broken

ElusiveBelle
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sat May 18, 2019 9:11 am

Ah hey what do the letters after the numbers mean in the episodes?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby ElusiveBelle » Sat May 18, 2019 9:13 am

GrumpyGoomba wrote:Ah hey what do the letters after the numbers mean in the episodes?

Basically the number of the game without using another number.

IE episode 18 was 18A, this is the first standard after so it's 18B

ElusiveBelle
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby woahah » Sat May 18, 2019 9:15 am

ElusiveBelle wrote:
GrumpyGoomba wrote:Ah hey what do the letters after the numbers mean in the episodes?

what would happen if there was a 18Z? Would it go to an episode?
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sat May 18, 2019 9:16 am

Eh wut
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby ElusiveBelle » Sat May 18, 2019 9:17 am

woahah wrote:
ElusiveBelle wrote:

Considering an episode happens every 3 months and how long a standard lasts that's impossible unless more than one standard runs at a time

ElusiveBelle
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby woahah » Sat May 18, 2019 9:18 am

ElusiveBelle wrote:
woahah wrote:
ElusiveBelle wrote:

Considering an episode happens every 3 months and how long a standard lasts that's impossible unless more than one standard runs at a time

92 days, 27 games, it is possible if each one is canned or annihilated d1
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby ElusiveBelle » Sat May 18, 2019 9:18 am

GrumpyGoomba wrote:Eh wut

Basically it's a way to keep track of the games for archive purposes and such.

Instead of saying 18-1, 18A looks nicer and cleaner

ElusiveBelle
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sat May 18, 2019 9:19 am

Goomba got it now. Goomba says thanks.
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby TheLastEvangelist » Sat May 18, 2019 9:20 am

Hello

Scummy post here
TheLastEvangelist

Postby ElusiveBelle » Sat May 18, 2019 9:21 am

woahah wrote:
ElusiveBelle wrote:
woahah wrote:
ElusiveBelle wrote:

92 days, 27 games, it is possible if each one is canned or annihilated d1

Which basically means impossible, rather just highly unlikely but I assume AA would be next and just rotate around the alphabet again.

Also mlp will be on in 9 minutes so I'll see you guys later

ElusiveBelle
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sat May 18, 2019 9:22 am

TheLastEvangelist wrote:Hello

Scummy post here

Uwaa so scummy...
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Chemist1422 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:27 am

Hmm Goomba's tone has gotten better but it could be intentional because I called it out

They're back to null for now
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby TheLastEvangelist » Sat May 18, 2019 9:29 am

Let's start a discussion about a bunch of unrelated things

Step 1: Take a post and call it scum even if it's NAI or the person who said it is confirmed Town

jammingduck wrote:A quick note about ww theowy and how i wiww pway this game. Note that the awguments and facts pwesented hewe awe indisputabwe, and that i wiww not engage in awguments about them, because those awguments awe you wasting evewyone ewse's time about meta that is weww and compwehensivewy estabwished. Go make weads so we can wead you.

i've wefwected on my wowe and weawized that thewe is a gto pway fow me in this game, and thewefowe i am compewwed to puwsue it. I am going to bwute fowce my cweawness immediatewy upon the opening of the thwead.

i am hawd-cwaiming, i am the doc.

benefits:

1. I wiww suwvive tonight: i do not bewieve the wowves awe abwe to kiww me tonight, because it is so objectivewy unwikewy that i wouwd evew do this as the doc. I bewieve that this decision weduces the impowtance of the doc covew to be pwovided by aww of you to the point of it being negwigibwe. The wowves have awweady been outpwayed, as it wewe.

2. I'm wock cweaw: aww of you awweady know i'm wock cweaw, because it is so objectivewy unwikewy that i wouwd do this as a wowf. You know this fow at weast two weasons. Fiwst, this is the easiest, wowest-stwess, wowest-demand game to wowf in that i've evew pwayed in (except fow tuwbos). I have no need to compwicate my wife, as a wowf, by open-cwaiming on thwead open, when aww ihave to do is pwovide wike a c-wevew wowf game to pwobabwy win. This is the wawe instance whewe you witewawwy know that i have a biwwion othew options as a wowf, and that i wouwd puwsue pwobabwy all of them befowe puwsuing this. Second, i engage in fps exceedingwy wawewy, which necessawiwy means that i *know* that this wiww wook weird and shocking to you. Thewe is no mewit to a wowf pway that instantwy genewates weird and shocked wesponses that i wouwd be obwigated to finesse and manage fow the wemaindew of the game. As a viwwagew, which i am, the buwden is totawwy on you to not $#@! up and wynch me. Makes my wife supew awesome.

3. Thewe awe onwy 12 pwayews you need to twy to wead, wathew than 13: i have awweady pwovided a "fwee" check of me in a game with a mewe 13 pwayews. Ouw win equity is dwamaticawwy impwoved by my being entiwewy off the tabwe fow the entiwe game.

concwusion:

the buwden of sound weasoning is now entiwewy upon you. I am the doc, and thus a viwwagew, and thus wock cweaw. The game is immediatewy simpwew than it wouwd othewwise have been, because of my decision. Now, wet us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

awso, to pweempt a wengthy and pointwess discussion.

it is not dumb to pondew this post and convince youwsewf of its wisdom. That is youw obwigation as a viwwagew, and i encouwage you to think it ovew fow as wong as it takes to queww youw (initiawwy vawid but uwtimatewy unnecessawy) concewns.

it is dumb to, after doing that pondewing, concwude that i'm "neutwaw" ow "wowfy." that is wegitimatewy stupid, and i won't entewtain it. One of the weasons it is a stupid concwusion is that the upside of this pway as a wowf is absowutewy dwarfed by the upside of this pway as a viwwagew. Thewe is no equivawency between the ev gain fow wowf-me in this position and viwwagew-me in this position. They'we univewses apawt. That means i wouwdn't do the poowew option of the two (by extension, wowf-me awso wouwdn't believe that i couwd convince the entiwe game of the twuth of these assewtions fow the entiwe game, which as an end-game wowf i wouwd have to bewieve if this stwategem wewe to be wowth puwsuing). A second weason that concwusion is stupid is that the ev bonus of doing this as a wowf is completely dwarfed by me basewine wowf ev anyway. Anything that compwicates my wowfing wife is ridiculously stupid fow me to do, given that my wowfing wife is already one of the smoothest, highest expectation wowfing wives in ww histowy anyway. A third weason that concwusion is stupid is that you wouwd pwobabwy have to wowwy about being exploited by this gambit in owdew to get thewe. Howevew, i have never engaged in this, ow any simiwaw, gambit in my entiwe caweew, meaning that if thewe is expwoitation to be had with this pway, it is in future games, not this game. Fow these weasons, pwessuwing me is extwemewy wowfy and shouwd not be engaged in by any viwwagew, evew, in this game. Thewe wiww be no wess pwoductive puwsuit than that in this game.

sucks fow the wowves when meta is wiewded this bwutawwy, but my awwegiance is pwain and my stwategy pewfect. Get #wekt.

Get the fuck out. If you're not going to be understandable and not take this seriously, bye.

I hardclaim Prince

/vote Jammingduck
TheLastEvangelist

Postby woahah » Sat May 18, 2019 9:30 am

TheLastEvangelist wrote:Let's start a discussion about a bunch of unrelated things

Step 1: Take a post and call it scum even if it's NAI or the person who said it is confirmed Town

jammingduck wrote:A quick note about ww theowy and how i wiww pway this game. Note that the awguments and facts pwesented hewe awe indisputabwe, and that i wiww not engage in awguments about them, because those awguments awe you wasting evewyone ewse's time about meta that is weww and compwehensivewy estabwished. Go make weads so we can wead you.

i've wefwected on my wowe and weawized that thewe is a gto pway fow me in this game, and thewefowe i am compewwed to puwsue it. I am going to bwute fowce my cweawness immediatewy upon the opening of the thwead.

i am hawd-cwaiming, i am the doc.

benefits:

1. I wiww suwvive tonight: i do not bewieve the wowves awe abwe to kiww me tonight, because it is so objectivewy unwikewy that i wouwd evew do this as the doc. I bewieve that this decision weduces the impowtance of the doc covew to be pwovided by aww of you to the point of it being negwigibwe. The wowves have awweady been outpwayed, as it wewe.

2. I'm wock cweaw: aww of you awweady know i'm wock cweaw, because it is so objectivewy unwikewy that i wouwd do this as a wowf. You know this fow at weast two weasons. Fiwst, this is the easiest, wowest-stwess, wowest-demand game to wowf in that i've evew pwayed in (except fow tuwbos). I have no need to compwicate my wife, as a wowf, by open-cwaiming on thwead open, when aww ihave to do is pwovide wike a c-wevew wowf game to pwobabwy win. This is the wawe instance whewe you witewawwy know that i have a biwwion othew options as a wowf, and that i wouwd puwsue pwobabwy all of them befowe puwsuing this. Second, i engage in fps exceedingwy wawewy, which necessawiwy means that i *know* that this wiww wook weird and shocking to you. Thewe is no mewit to a wowf pway that instantwy genewates weird and shocked wesponses that i wouwd be obwigated to finesse and manage fow the wemaindew of the game. As a viwwagew, which i am, the buwden is totawwy on you to not $#@! up and wynch me. Makes my wife supew awesome.

3. Thewe awe onwy 12 pwayews you need to twy to wead, wathew than 13: i have awweady pwovided a "fwee" check of me in a game with a mewe 13 pwayews. Ouw win equity is dwamaticawwy impwoved by my being entiwewy off the tabwe fow the entiwe game.

concwusion:

the buwden of sound weasoning is now entiwewy upon you. I am the doc, and thus a viwwagew, and thus wock cweaw. The game is immediatewy simpwew than it wouwd othewwise have been, because of my decision. Now, wet us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

awso, to pweempt a wengthy and pointwess discussion.

it is not dumb to pondew this post and convince youwsewf of its wisdom. That is youw obwigation as a viwwagew, and i encouwage you to think it ovew fow as wong as it takes to queww youw (initiawwy vawid but uwtimatewy unnecessawy) concewns.

it is dumb to, after doing that pondewing, concwude that i'm "neutwaw" ow "wowfy." that is wegitimatewy stupid, and i won't entewtain it. One of the weasons it is a stupid concwusion is that the upside of this pway as a wowf is absowutewy dwarfed by the upside of this pway as a viwwagew. Thewe is no equivawency between the ev gain fow wowf-me in this position and viwwagew-me in this position. They'we univewses apawt. That means i wouwdn't do the poowew option of the two (by extension, wowf-me awso wouwdn't believe that i couwd convince the entiwe game of the twuth of these assewtions fow the entiwe game, which as an end-game wowf i wouwd have to bewieve if this stwategem wewe to be wowth puwsuing). A second weason that concwusion is stupid is that the ev bonus of doing this as a wowf is completely dwarfed by me basewine wowf ev anyway. Anything that compwicates my wowfing wife is ridiculously stupid fow me to do, given that my wowfing wife is already one of the smoothest, highest expectation wowfing wives in ww histowy anyway. A third weason that concwusion is stupid is that you wouwd pwobabwy have to wowwy about being exploited by this gambit in owdew to get thewe. Howevew, i have never engaged in this, ow any simiwaw, gambit in my entiwe caweew, meaning that if thewe is expwoitation to be had with this pway, it is in future games, not this game. Fow these weasons, pwessuwing me is extwemewy wowfy and shouwd not be engaged in by any viwwagew, evew, in this game. Thewe wiww be no wess pwoductive puwsuit than that in this game.

sucks fow the wowves when meta is wiewded this bwutawwy, but my awwegiance is pwain and my stwategy pewfect. Get #wekt.

Get the fuck out. If you're not going to be understandable and not take this seriously, bye.

I hardclaim Prince

/vote Jammingduck

are you serious right here
/vote Evange
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Chemist1422 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:31 am

Snip long posts please
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby TheLastEvangelist » Sat May 18, 2019 9:32 am

Betelgeuse44 wrote:I am the Sheriff, protect me.

Speaking of which

/unvote

/vote Betelgeuse
TheLastEvangelist

Postby Chemist1422 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:33 am

Hmm

I think I might already be voting Elusive but I don't like their fluffy tone compared to 17F
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sat May 18, 2019 9:33 am

When the fk did this become throne of lies.
Also evange read the post right above the one duck made and you would understand why he did it xD
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Kmenx » Sat May 18, 2019 9:34 am

With each new post this game somehow gets worse
You can find me in discord at Disguiser#5127

Spoiler: My FM record:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Kmenx
Vigilante
Vigilante