VFM 49: SK win #rekt

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Metrion, FM Game Moderators

Re: VFM 49: Day 1

Postby Phone0Ix » Mon May 13, 2019 10:58 am

Zucker wrote:
Dash2 wrote:/vote tfios

Um well, Dash.
That vote seemed like it happened for the sole purpose of bluntly voting someone.
Tfios always claims Citizen Day 1 and they usually are Citizen ^_^.

When I was reading you seemed the most sketchy. *_^

They are scum most of the time though
Hey I'm Julian, a fan from ToS! If you want to have my Discord username or play a game of ToS, just PM me!

FM stats:
11-24-2
Also look this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby Phone0Ix » Mon May 13, 2019 11:00 am

Chemist1422 wrote:Ok am I stupid or is the rolelist 17p but there are only 15 players

Also I’m going to call Zucker town by meta and ignore him

I also counted 17 first but after recounting I counted 15
Hey I'm Julian, a fan from ToS! If you want to have my Discord username or play a game of ToS, just PM me!

FM stats:
11-24-2
Phone0Ix

Postby Chemist1422 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:08 am

Dash2 wrote:Phone is town

I agree

FM: 23-32
Last: CFM19
Highest BtM placement: 2nd (twice)
Chemist1422

Postby Rickdaily12 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:32 am

Zucker wrote:At least Flake is giving detail to back up what he’s done. ^_^
Dash Refuses to give Detail
Dash states stuff with no actual context
Dash doesn’t even look like they want to actually help town
Dash should be lynched today, if Flake is still very scummy tomorrow then we can definitely vote them.

Zucker, seriously, you're turning into a walking case example now.

Rickdaily12 wrote: Spoiler: If someone tries to impose a gladiator on a conflict without good reason, you want to pressure that person. You ESPECIALLY want to do this if the person in question isn't confirmed to be Town yet. TvT conflicts happen all the time, but Mafia love when they do, because they can more easily let you keep looking at that conflict waiting for you to decide if you're going to kill into that conflict or egg someone into demanding that someone in that duo/trio/whatever dies.
If people don't have hard evidence that there is Scum in a conflict, people shouldn't be eager to lynch in the issue. Short of having a parity cop check or a confirmed Town which confirms a liar in the pair, if all two people are doing is having a heated argument that really flares up, it could just be temper and ego. At the end of the day, it isn't alignment indicative purely on that basis alone, despite how distracting it just was. Town aren't flawless either, obviously, so sometimes two people just really derail the thread with their argument but turn out to be on the same side. Chances are, you aren't going to know if that conflict has scum unless you have direct evidence to the contrary.
So if all of a sudden, someone shouts "someone in that pair is getting lynched today!" (especially if the Day Phase isn't ending for 24 or more hours...)
You should probably ask that person why they're so certain that the conflict isn't TvT in the first place. Their answer will probably be at least telling.
Keep an open eye out for people who disappeared once the argument started, or just sort of let everything explode out of control and more or less encourage people to take sides on a hypothetical lynch in that pair. Anyone without a solid reason as to why the conflict is certain to be not TvT should have great reasons for it, or looked at for pushing this.

Why are Dash and Flake never TvT to you?
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12
[Forum Mafia II] Winner
[Forum Mafia II] Winner

Postby Rickdaily12 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:33 am

Alright, so the thing I was supposed to do today got pushed to tomorrow, so I have quite a bit of free time today.

Rickdaily12 wrote:By the way, everyone, what do we think about the tactic of trying to avoid lynching the SK? I'm a bit torn thinking over what exactly our approach this game should be.

Like, because of the whole situation with the switches and all of the WIFOM hell, it's probably really safe to assume that Night Plans this game on our end are going to be utterly useless. We ultimately have no control over any of the night actions that get sent and that end up working, as all of that utility ultimately gets negated by the scum. So really, like, I view this game as 11 cits versus a 3v1 scum faction. The only thing really going for us is that the SK will want the Mafia as dead as badly as we do and can screw with their abilities in a way that we can't. (Like really, I'm still pretty salty that we didn't end up getting more citizens or even a role that can flip switches too.)

So, because of this, we at least have an SK that can crosskill into Mafia, and screw with their switches for as long as the Mafia remain alive. Plus, as more Mafia die, we effectively get stronger over time, since this frees more of the PRs and basically undoes a vanillasizer on the PRs. But if we lynch the SK, Scum loses a KP, but then we almost basically guarantee Scum never cross killing into each other the moment SK dies, and that could be pretty devastating, especially if multiple PRs die before hitting ever hitting Mafia.

Is it also in the better interest of the SK if they try to help us get a few Cop checks to work? They can't outright murder the Town if Mafia remains at full power, so if they did everything in their power to help us find associations between mafia, it's in all of our benefit, right?

Basically I'm unsure how Town wins without us getting lucky on the Vig or without SK helping us kill at least one of the Mafia. Is anyone else familiar with this setup?

Bumping seeing as how only Uzay answered this. I do want to know how people think we should approach this game.

Speaking of Uzay, I like a lot of his posts so far, but one thing that did stick out at me was his progression on Flake seemed a little bit off. I remember reading and seeing how he called Flake's actions into question from Town and voted him, only to back off in the same page saying that the reaction to the vote felt townie. It felt a little insincere when I was looking at it.

(P-Edit when you accidentally make a post before your catchup post... lol D: )

(DOUBLE P-EDIT GOD DAMMIT DASH I WAS JUST ABOUT TO BITCH ABOUT THIS)
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Rickdaily12
[Forum Mafia II] Winner
[Forum Mafia II] Winner

Postby Flake » Mon May 13, 2019 11:33 am

Dash2 wrote:If anything, you're being a hypocrite. If I need to go and be specific about Uzay's meta then how about you show me all the games where tfios was town and had a bad entrance. You didn't do that, did you?

difference between being vague when not asked to explain something which should be obvious and remaining vague once asked to explain something unobvious to anyone but you because either you can't be bothered or you can't actually draw similarities between town!uzay and uzay here which can be observed by anyone, in which case i don't see how you even believe your metaread yourself

as for tfios thing

VFM48 (Town):
tfiosforevah wrote:yo whats up

im gonna hard claim cit bc y not

17F (Town):

"Let me get in on that cit claim action"

now play spot why i'd think tfios' entrance in this game would be NAI at worst
FM Record: 11 - 4
Spoiler: 16C: Arsonist - Win (Lived)
VFM37: Citizen - Loss (Lynched D2)
16E: Veteran - Loss (Endgamed)
SFM47: Parity Cop - Win (Lived)
17D: Mafia Vig - Win (Died N2)
VFM46: Goon - Win (Lived)
17F: Bodyguard - Win (Lived)
VFM48: Goon - Win (Lived, Replaced in N5)
VFM49: Citizen - Loss (Died N2)
SFM58: Doctor-esque - Win (Lived)
VFM50: Goon - Win (Lived)
18B: Citizen - Win (Lived)
18C: Godfather - Win (Lived)
VFM52: Citizen - Win (Died N1)
SFM60: Citizen - Loss (Endgamed, Replaced in D4)
Flake
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Flake » Mon May 13, 2019 11:36 am

Rickdaily12 wrote:Alright, so the thing I was supposed to do today got pushed to tomorrow, so I have quite a bit of free time today.

Rickdaily12 wrote:By the way, everyone, what do we think about the tactic of trying to avoid lynching the SK? I'm a bit torn thinking over what exactly our approach this game should be.

Like, because of the whole situation with the switches and all of the WIFOM hell, it's probably really safe to assume that Night Plans this game on our end are going to be utterly useless. We ultimately have no control over any of the night actions that get sent and that end up working, as all of that utility ultimately gets negated by the scum. So really, like, I view this game as 11 cits versus a 3v1 scum faction. The only thing really going for us is that the SK will want the Mafia as dead as badly as we do and can screw with their abilities in a way that we can't. (Like really, I'm still pretty salty that we didn't end up getting more citizens or even a role that can flip switches too.)

So, because of this, we at least have an SK that can crosskill into Mafia, and screw with their switches for as long as the Mafia remain alive. Plus, as more Mafia die, we effectively get stronger over time, since this frees more of the PRs and basically undoes a vanillasizer on the PRs. But if we lynch the SK, Scum loses a KP, but then we almost basically guarantee Scum never cross killing into each other the moment SK dies, and that could be pretty devastating, especially if multiple PRs die before hitting ever hitting Mafia.

Is it also in the better interest of the SK if they try to help us get a few Cop checks to work? They can't outright murder the Town if Mafia remains at full power, so if they did everything in their power to help us find associations between mafia, it's in all of our benefit, right?

Basically I'm unsure how Town wins without us getting lucky on the Vig or without SK helping us kill at least one of the Mafia. Is anyone else familiar with this setup?

Bumping seeing as how only Uzay answered this. I do want to know how people think we should approach this game.

Speaking of Uzay, I like a lot of his posts so far, but one thing that did stick out at me was his progression on Flake seemed a little bit off. I remember reading and seeing how he called Flake's actions into question from Town and voted him, only to back off in the same page saying that the reaction to the vote felt townie. It felt a little insincere when I was looking at it.

(P-Edit when you accidentally make a post before your catchup post... lol D: )

(DOUBLE P-EDIT GOD DAMMIT DASH I WAS JUST ABOUT TO BITCH ABOUT THIS)

sorry, i'll reply to it when i get the time and give some ideas myself
Flake
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Flake » Mon May 13, 2019 11:41 am

Dash2 wrote:Flake you're pushing a dead argument please move on

then don't reply if you think it's dead
Flake
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Mon May 13, 2019 11:43 am

Dash2 wrote:So some things to note is how Goomba didn't do much until Flake started accusing me, and Zucker supposedly skipped until my response to Flake and only my posts as a catchup. Flake himself I'll be going into once I am on my laptop, but I have reason to believe at least one of these are scum.

Tbh I still haven't done anything useful yet... it'll get better I promise.
Discord tag is Cryomaniac#7403. Hit me up if ya need me.

Image Image Image Image Image

TREMBLE BEFORE MY PERFECTLY CENTRED SIGNATURE!!!
GrumpyGoomba
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Rickdaily12 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:54 am

Dash2 wrote:Rick what are your thoughts on this attempted wagon on me

Attempted wagon? That wasn't how I was reading it. I didn't think you were in any actual danger yet.

I don't really know you and Flake all that well, but I mean, the most I know about the two of you is that Flake is very matter-of-fact when he approaches the game, and really dislikes weak statements without reasoning. I can imagine that he doesn't like gut reads from people just left as they are, but that seems consistent with his play whenever I read games with him in them. As for you, Dash, I just remember that you're a really old player too, and while I think you mishandled yourself when Flake asked you to explain one of your opinions here:

Flake wrote:
Dash2 wrote:
Flake wrote:
Dash2 wrote:
GrumpyGoomba wrote:
Dash2 wrote:Uzay is town honestly

Why do you think so? Just curious.

Because he's being how he always is as town, plus nothing strikes me as scummy.

can you be a bit more specific

No

/vote Dash2

Yeah, here. You kinda got what you deserved there. But I really don't have any reason to SR either you or Flake and I don't think Flake's response to you here wouldn't come from irritated Town. It's another reason why Zucker's really starting to annoy me, and I don't know if it's because he's a VI or not.

Dash2 wrote:So some things to note is how Goomba didn't do much until Flake started accusing me, and Zucker supposedly skipped until my response to Flake and only my posts as a catchup. Flake himself I'll be going into once I am on my laptop, but I have reason to believe at least one of these are scum.

Just quickly skimming back into the thread again, Goomba just seems like a bit of noise. Doesn't seem too opportunistic for me right now, or at least, I didn't see him taking any strong stance unless I'm skimming too hard. Normally this would be more annoying, but again, the game is still pretty fresh and I can forgive that sort of thing right now. I think Zucker has been a bit more opportunistic in comparison to Goomba as it stands.

Chemist, by the way, is it confirmed if Zucker is Seth? Even if it's Seth, I can't get behind thinking Seth has learned literally nothing in the time he's spent with us so far already. I feel like even if this really is him, his approach so far has been poor, even for him.

GrumpyGoomba wrote:Tbh I still haven't done anything useful yet... it'll get better I promise.

I don't like the acknowledgement of not having done anything useful to Dash at all, though. If you're aware that your posts aren't useful, you shouldn't be making them until your intentions are to help out around the thread.

Rickdaily12
[Forum Mafia II] Winner
[Forum Mafia II] Winner

Postby Chemist1422 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:01 pm

btw @Rick

I think the current numbers depend on whether we lynch the SK or not

On D1 that’s always a yes, after more town are dead than scum probably no

Chemist1422

Postby Flake » Mon May 13, 2019 12:04 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:btw @Rick

I think the current numbers depend on whether we lynch the SK or not

On D1 that’s always a yes, after more town are dead than scum probably no

I would agree with this

Highly dependent on gamestate
Flake
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Flake » Mon May 13, 2019 12:05 pm

my o key is now broken along with my e key

fun
Flake
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Rickdaily12 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:07 pm

I'm really unsure about Chemist and Phone so far. I want to like Phone in particular as I agree with him a lot already, but I don't remember this much confidence coming from him in my games with him where he was Town. Chemist feels a bit pensive too, but sure, I can buy his school excuse. I just expect him to chime in with more meta reading than only Zucker.

I like Flake's defense of tfios. I don't know if I agree with him about her, but I do really like how he's been approaching the issue.

Rickdaily12
[Forum Mafia II] Winner
[Forum Mafia II] Winner

Postby Phone0Ix » Mon May 13, 2019 12:18 pm

Rickdaily12 wrote:I'm really unsure about Chemist and Phone so far. I want to like Phone in particular as I agree with him a lot already, but I don't remember this much confidence coming from him in my games with him where he was Town. Chemist feels a bit pensive too, but sure, I can buy his school excuse. I just expect him to chime in with more meta reading than only Zucker.

I like Flake's defense of tfios. I don't know if I agree with him about her, but I do really like how he's been approaching the issue.

Did I sound confident? That's new

FM stats:
11-24-2
Phone0Ix

Postby Phone0Ix » Mon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm

Also how did get Dash and Chemist a townread on me from that less posts?

FM stats:
11-24-2
Phone0Ix

Postby Phone0Ix » Mon May 13, 2019 12:20 pm

Flake wrote:
Dash2 wrote:If anything, you're being a hypocrite. If I need to go and be specific about Uzay's meta then how about you show me all the games where tfios was town and had a bad entrance. You didn't do that, did you?

difference between being vague when not asked to explain something which should be obvious and remaining vague once asked to explain something unobvious to anyone but you because either you can't be bothered or you can't actually draw similarities between town!uzay and uzay here which can be observed by anyone, in which case i don't see how you even believe your metaread yourself

as for tfios thing

VFM48 (Town):

17F (Town):

Does Flake do things like this when hes scum? Idk tbh

Feels townie though

FM stats:
11-24-2
Phone0Ix

Postby Rickdaily12 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:20 pm

Phone0Ix wrote:
Rickdaily12 wrote:I'm really unsure about Chemist and Phone so far. I want to like Phone in particular as I agree with him a lot already, but I don't remember this much confidence coming from him in my games with him where he was Town. Chemist feels a bit pensive too, but sure, I can buy his school excuse. I just expect him to chime in with more meta reading than only Zucker.

I mean, the last VFM you and I played, I remember you flailing way more than this as Town, and that contrasts a bit with how you talked about Dash and Seth this time.

I also love the taste of tinfoil, though, so I could just be overthinking it.

Rickdaily12
[Forum Mafia II] Winner
[Forum Mafia II] Winner

Postby Chemist1422 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:21 pm

Dash2 wrote:
Phone0Ix wrote:Also how did get Dash and Chemist a townread on me from that less posts?

Mostly because entrance felt natural

Same

Chemist1422

Postby Phone0Ix » Mon May 13, 2019 12:24 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:
Dash2 wrote:
Phone0Ix wrote:Also how did get Dash and Chemist a townread on me from that less posts?

Mostly because entrance felt natural

Same

Same

Unserious LAMIST posts need to exist, agreed?

FM stats:
11-24-2
Phone0Ix

Postby Flake » Mon May 13, 2019 12:24 pm

Phone0Ix wrote:
Flake wrote:

as for tfios thing

VFM48 (Town):

17F (Town):

Feels townie though

yes i do probably
Flake
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Phone0Ix » Mon May 13, 2019 12:25 pm

Rickdaily12 wrote:
Phone0Ix wrote:

I mean, the last VFM you and I played, I remember you flailing way more than this as Town, and that contrasts a bit with how you talked about Dash and Seth this time.

I also love the taste of tinfoil, though, so I could just be overthinking it.

Ah ok, tnx for explaining your read

FM stats:
11-24-2
Phone0Ix

Postby Flake » Mon May 13, 2019 12:25 pm

bbl losers xx
Flake
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Rickdaily12 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:25 pm

I LOVE YOU

Okay, so we're still waiting on two more people, then everyone's checked in.

Rickdaily12
[Forum Mafia II] Winner
[Forum Mafia II] Winner

Postby Phone0Ix » Mon May 13, 2019 12:25 pm

Flake wrote:
Phone0Ix wrote:
Flake wrote:

as for tfios thing

VFM48 (Town):

17F (Town):

Feels townie though

yes i do probably

Bon bon Flake passes test, saying a thing he did could come from scum!Flake!

Flake feels townie

FM stats:
11-24-2
Phone0Ix

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads