SFM52: Bastard Mess (Red Mafia Wins)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Metrion, FM Game Moderators

Re: SFM52: Bastard Mess (Day one)

Postby Eragon1329 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:34 am

Chemist1422 wrote:
Eragon1329 wrote:
EvilDeanius0 wrote:Varanus was mafia that killed himself so he can get a win for doing nothing.

Also claiming miller



:ThinkEyes: :ThinkEyes:


N0 green on EvilD

:monkaGIGA:


:EvilLUL:
Spoiler:


TG/FM Records

28-30-6

User avatar
Eragon1329
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: In my own shadow

Re: SFM52: Bastard Mess (Day one)

Postby HeyYaStand » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:35 am

Chemist what do you see with Wabbit that makes him scum? You said he was tryharding too early, but that’s not really a solid reason with only one post.

P-edit Can you explain It concisely, thank you.
User avatar
HeyYaStand
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:27 am

Re: SFM52: Bastard Mess (Day one)

Postby Eragon1329 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:35 am

This man thinks anything this game is serious
Spoiler:


TG/FM Records

28-30-6

User avatar
Eragon1329
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: In my own shadow

Re: SFM52: Bastard Mess (Day one)

Postby Chemist1422 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:36 am

HeyYaStand wrote:Chemist what do you see with Wabbit that makes him scum? You said he was tryharding too early, but that’s not really a solid reason with only one post.

P-edit Can you explain It concisely, thank you.

He comes in and makes a serious read when everyone else is just messing around

It doesn't make him scum but I don't think it fits tonally here
Image


FM: 29-35
Last: SFM64
Highest BtM placement: 2nd (twice)
User avatar
Chemist1422
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 829
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:39 pm
Location: Fogbound Lake (UTC-7)

Re: SFM52: Bastard Mess (Day one)

Postby Chemist1422 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:36 am

Eragon1329 wrote:This man thinks anything this game is serious

fair
Image


FM: 29-35
Last: SFM64
Highest BtM placement: 2nd (twice)
User avatar
Chemist1422
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 829
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:39 pm
Location: Fogbound Lake (UTC-7)

Re: SFM52: Bastard Mess (Day one)

Postby Eragon1329 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:37 am

Chemist1422 wrote:
HeyYaStand wrote:Chemist what do you see with Wabbit that makes him scum? You said he was tryharding too early, but that’s not really a solid reason with only one post.

P-edit Can you explain It concisely, thank you.

He comes in and makes a serious read when everyone else is just messing around

It doesn't make him scum but I don't think it fits tonally here


DO YOU THINK IM JUST MESSING AROUND??!
Spoiler:


TG/FM Records

28-30-6

User avatar
Eragon1329
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: In my own shadow

Re: SFM52: Bastard Mess (Day one)

Postby TheWabbit » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:37 am

Eragon1329 wrote:Chemist should I do spicy plays 4 life

as far as i'm concerned

you're only capable of making edgy plays
Image

        




User avatar
TheWabbit
FM Awards: Mafia
FM Awards: Mafia
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 10:37 pm
Location: GMT +8

Re: SFM52: Bastard Mess (Day one)

Postby HeyYaStand » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:37 am

Eragon1329 wrote:This man thinks anything this game is serious

Unlike you, I’m going to solve the game and get it started.

P-edit Ok, but what’s wrong with trying to start the game up?
User avatar
HeyYaStand
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:27 am

Re: SFM52: Bastard Mess (Day one)

Postby Chemist1422 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:38 am

HeyYaStand wrote:
Eragon1329 wrote:This man thinks anything this game is serious

Unlike you, I’m going to solve the game and get it started.

P-edit Ok, but what’s wrong with trying to start the game up?

Nothing, I just think it's a bit too early to fit in
Image


FM: 29-35
Last: SFM64
Highest BtM placement: 2nd (twice)
User avatar
Chemist1422
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 829
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:39 pm
Location: Fogbound Lake (UTC-7)

Re: SFM52: Bastard Mess (Pregame)

Postby TheWabbit » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:38 am

Eragon1329 wrote:
TheWabbit wrote:
Multiuniverse wrote:I'm sad they didn't kill me
In other news my role is negative utility if used incorrectly and I don't know how to use it correctly lul

easy D1 pass



what

it is what i said it was

easy d1 pass
Image

        




User avatar
TheWabbit
FM Awards: Mafia
FM Awards: Mafia
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 10:37 pm
Location: GMT +8

Re: SFM52: Bastard Mess (Day one)

Postby TheWabbit » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:38 am

Chemist1422 wrote:mfw you want to call someone wolfy for tryharding this early

didn't know 3 words is all i need to tilt you
Image

        




User avatar
TheWabbit
FM Awards: Mafia
FM Awards: Mafia
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 10:37 pm
Location: GMT +8

Re: SFM52: Bastard Mess (Day one)

Postby KoolKid777 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:40 am

i'm gonna play this one laid back for now and give the kids a chance to shine

cya whenever i decide to claim lookout
User avatar
KoolKid777
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: SFM52: Bastard Mess (Day one)

Postby Eragon1329 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:40 am

TheWabbit wrote:
Eragon1329 wrote:Chemist should I do spicy plays 4 life

as far as i'm concerned

you're only capable of making edgy plays




understandable have a nice day
Spoiler:


TG/FM Records

28-30-6

User avatar
Eragon1329
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: In my own shadow

Re: SFM52: Bastard Mess (Day one)

Postby EvilDeanius0 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:41 am

KoolKid777 wrote:i'm gonna play this one laid back for now and give the kids a chance to shine

cya whenever i decide to claim lookout

Stop copying me
FM Record: 39 - 61
User avatar
EvilDeanius0
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:08 am

Re: SFM52: Bastard Mess (Pregame)

Postby Eragon1329 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:41 am

TheWabbit wrote:
Eragon1329 wrote:
TheWabbit wrote:
Multiuniverse wrote:I'm sad they didn't kill me
In other news my role is negative utility if used incorrectly and I don't know how to use it correctly lul

easy D1 pass



what

it is what i said it was

easy d1 pass



exactly.

why do they get a easy D1 pass for that?
Spoiler:


TG/FM Records

28-30-6

User avatar
Eragon1329
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: In my own shadow

Re: SFM52: Bastard Mess (Day one)

Postby HeyYaStand » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:41 am

Chemist1422 wrote:
HeyYaStand wrote:
Eragon1329 wrote:This man thinks anything this game is serious

Unlike you, I’m going to solve the game and get it started.

P-edit Ok, but what’s wrong with trying to start the game up?

Nothing, I just think it's a bit too early to fit in

Ok.


Wabbit V, chemist slight V
User avatar
HeyYaStand
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:27 am

Re: SFM52: Bastard Mess (Day one)

Postby KoolKid777 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:42 am

EvilDeanius0 wrote:
KoolKid777 wrote:i'm gonna play this one laid back for now and give the kids a chance to shine

cya whenever i decide to claim lookout

Stop copying me


don't pretend like i would need to copy someone
User avatar
KoolKid777
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: SFM52: Bastard Mess (Day one)

Postby Eragon1329 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:44 am

EvilDeanius0 wrote:
KoolKid777 wrote:i'm gonna play this one laid back for now and give the kids a chance to shine

cya whenever i decide to claim lookout

Stop copying me


*pat*

he caught 50% of scum with a fake lookout claim and more with reads.

do this^ and you can say that he copied you
Spoiler:


TG/FM Records

28-30-6

User avatar
Eragon1329
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: In my own shadow

Re: SFM52: Bastard Mess (Day one)

Postby HeyYaStand » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:45 am

Eragon1329 wrote:
EvilDeanius0 wrote:
KoolKid777 wrote:i'm gonna play this one laid back for now and give the kids a chance to shine

cya whenever i decide to claim lookout

Stop copying me


*pat*

he caught 50% of scum with a fake lookout claim and more with reads.

do this^ and you can say that he copied you

Absolutely disgusting.
User avatar
HeyYaStand
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:27 am

Re: SFM52: Bastard Mess (Day one)

Postby Eragon1329 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:45 am

HeyYaStand wrote:
Eragon1329 wrote:
EvilDeanius0 wrote:
KoolKid777 wrote:i'm gonna play this one laid back for now and give the kids a chance to shine

cya whenever i decide to claim lookout

Stop copying me


*pat*

he caught 50% of scum with a fake lookout claim and more with reads.

do this^ and you can say that he copied you

Absolutely disgusting.



Spoiler: Image
Spoiler:


TG/FM Records

28-30-6

User avatar
Eragon1329
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: In my own shadow

Re: SFM52: Bastard Mess (Day one)

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:46 am

Spoiler:
Eragon1329 wrote:A quick note about WW theory and how I will play this game. Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

I've reflected on my role and realized that there is a GTO play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my clearness immediately upon the opening of the thread.

I am hard-claiming, and I will never be rescinding. I am the cop. When it becomes prudent I will provide my check.

Benefits:

1. I will survive tonight: I do not believe the wolves are able to kill me tonight, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would ever do this as the cop. I believe that this decision reduces the importance of the cop cover to be provided by all of you to the point of it being negligible. The wolves have already been outplayed, as it were.

2. I'm lock clear: All of you already know I'm lock clear, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would do this as a wolf. You know this for at least two reasons. First, this is the easiest, lowest-stress, lowest-demand game to wolf in that I've ever played in (except for turbos). I have no need to complicate my life, as a wolf, by open-claiming on thread open, when all Ihave to do is provide like a C-level wolf game to probably win. This is the rare instance where you literally know that I have a billion other options as a wolf, AND that I would pursue probably ALL of them before pursuing this. Second, I engage in FPS exceedingly rarely, which necessarily means that I *know* that this will look WEIRD and SHOCKING to you. There is no merit to a wolf play that instantly generates WEIRD and SHOCKED responses that I would be obligated to finesse and manage for the remainder of the game. As a villager, which I am, the burden is totally on you to not $#@! up and lynch me. Makes my life super awesome.

3. There are only 26 players you need to try to read, rather than 27: I have already provided a "free" check of me in a game with a mere 13 players. Our win equity is dramatically improved by my being entirely off the table for the entire game.

Conclusion:

The burden of sound reasoning is now entirely upon you. I am the cop, and thus a villager, and thus lock clear. The game is immediately simpler than it would otherwise have been, because of my decision. Now, let us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

Also, to preempt a lengthy and pointless discussion.

It is NOT dumb to ponder this post and convince yourself of its wisdom. That is your obligation as a villager, and I encourage you to think it over for as long as it takes to quell your (initially valid but ultimately unnecessary) concerns.

It IS dumb to, AFTER doing that pondering, conclude that I'm "neutral" or "wolfy." That is legitimately stupid, and I won't entertain it. ONE of the reasons it is a stupid conclusion is that the upside of this play as a wolf is absolutely DWARFED by the upside of this play as a villager. There is no equivalency between the EV gain for wolf-me in this position and villager-me in this position. They're universes apart. That means I wouldn't DO the poorer option of the two (by extension, wolf-me also wouldn't BELIEVE that I could convince the entire game of the truth of these assertions for the entire game, which as an end-game wolf I would have to believe if this strategem were to be worth pursuing). A SECOND reason that conclusion is stupid is that the EV bonus of doing this as a wolf is COMPLETELY DWARFED by me baseline wolf EV anyway. Anything that complicates my wolfing life is RIDICULOUSLY stupid for me to do, given that my wolfing life is ALREADY one of the smoothest, highest expectation wolfing lives in WW history anyway. A THIRD reason that conclusion is stupid is that you would probably have to worry about being EXPLOITED by this gambit in order to get there. However, I have NEVER engaged in this, or any similar, gambit in my entire career, meaning that if there IS exploitation to be had with this play, it is in FUTURE GAMES, not this game. For these reasons, pressuring me is extremely wolfy and should not be engaged in by any villager, ever, in this game. There will be no less productive pursuit than that in this game.

Sucks for the wolves when meta is wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect. Get #rekt.


Eragon is Stoldi
User avatar
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:26 am

Re: SFM52: Bastard Mess (Day one)

Postby Eragon1329 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:46 am

Tiltedcomedian wrote: Spoiler:
Eragon1329 wrote:A quick note about WW theory and how I will play this game. Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

I've reflected on my role and realized that there is a GTO play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my clearness immediately upon the opening of the thread.

I am hard-claiming, and I will never be rescinding. I am the cop. When it becomes prudent I will provide my check.

Benefits:

1. I will survive tonight: I do not believe the wolves are able to kill me tonight, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would ever do this as the cop. I believe that this decision reduces the importance of the cop cover to be provided by all of you to the point of it being negligible. The wolves have already been outplayed, as it were.

2. I'm lock clear: All of you already know I'm lock clear, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would do this as a wolf. You know this for at least two reasons. First, this is the easiest, lowest-stress, lowest-demand game to wolf in that I've ever played in (except for turbos). I have no need to complicate my life, as a wolf, by open-claiming on thread open, when all Ihave to do is provide like a C-level wolf game to probably win. This is the rare instance where you literally know that I have a billion other options as a wolf, AND that I would pursue probably ALL of them before pursuing this. Second, I engage in FPS exceedingly rarely, which necessarily means that I *know* that this will look WEIRD and SHOCKING to you. There is no merit to a wolf play that instantly generates WEIRD and SHOCKED responses that I would be obligated to finesse and manage for the remainder of the game. As a villager, which I am, the burden is totally on you to not $#@! up and lynch me. Makes my life super awesome.

3. There are only 26 players you need to try to read, rather than 27: I have already provided a "free" check of me in a game with a mere 13 players. Our win equity is dramatically improved by my being entirely off the table for the entire game.

Conclusion:

The burden of sound reasoning is now entirely upon you. I am the cop, and thus a villager, and thus lock clear. The game is immediately simpler than it would otherwise have been, because of my decision. Now, let us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

Also, to preempt a lengthy and pointless discussion.

It is NOT dumb to ponder this post and convince yourself of its wisdom. That is your obligation as a villager, and I encourage you to think it over for as long as it takes to quell your (initially valid but ultimately unnecessary) concerns.

It IS dumb to, AFTER doing that pondering, conclude that I'm "neutral" or "wolfy." That is legitimately stupid, and I won't entertain it. ONE of the reasons it is a stupid conclusion is that the upside of this play as a wolf is absolutely DWARFED by the upside of this play as a villager. There is no equivalency between the EV gain for wolf-me in this position and villager-me in this position. They're universes apart. That means I wouldn't DO the poorer option of the two (by extension, wolf-me also wouldn't BELIEVE that I could convince the entire game of the truth of these assertions for the entire game, which as an end-game wolf I would have to believe if this strategem were to be worth pursuing). A SECOND reason that conclusion is stupid is that the EV bonus of doing this as a wolf is COMPLETELY DWARFED by me baseline wolf EV anyway. Anything that complicates my wolfing life is RIDICULOUSLY stupid for me to do, given that my wolfing life is ALREADY one of the smoothest, highest expectation wolfing lives in WW history anyway. A THIRD reason that conclusion is stupid is that you would probably have to worry about being EXPLOITED by this gambit in order to get there. However, I have NEVER engaged in this, or any similar, gambit in my entire career, meaning that if there IS exploitation to be had with this play, it is in FUTURE GAMES, not this game. For these reasons, pressuring me is extremely wolfy and should not be engaged in by any villager, ever, in this game. There will be no less productive pursuit than that in this game.

Sucks for the wolves when meta is wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect. Get #rekt.


Eragon is Stoldi


:FeelsRageMan: :FeelsRageMan: :FeelsRageMan: :FeelsRageMan: :FeelsRageMan:
Spoiler:


TG/FM Records

28-30-6

User avatar
Eragon1329
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: In my own shadow

Re: SFM52: Bastard Mess (Pregame)

Postby TheWabbit » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:47 am

Eragon1329 wrote:
TheWabbit wrote:
Eragon1329 wrote:
TheWabbit wrote:
Multiuniverse wrote:I'm sad they didn't kill me
In other news my role is negative utility if used incorrectly and I don't know how to use it correctly lul

easy D1 pass



what

it is what i said it was

easy d1 pass



exactly.

why do they get a easy D1 pass for that?

just felt like it will be one
Image

        




User avatar
TheWabbit
FM Awards: Mafia
FM Awards: Mafia
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 10:37 pm
Location: GMT +8

Re: SFM52: Bastard Mess (Day one)

Postby HeyYaStand » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:48 am

Eragon1329 wrote:
HeyYaStand wrote:
Eragon1329 wrote:
EvilDeanius0 wrote:
KoolKid777 wrote:i'm gonna play this one laid back for now and give the kids a chance to shine

cya whenever i decide to claim lookout

Stop copying me


*pat*

he caught 50% of scum with a fake lookout claim and more with reads.

do this^ and you can say that he copied you

Absolutely disgusting.



Spoiler: [img]://i.redd.it/kxhk1l4ql6h01.pn[/im]

Really got me there.

/vote eragon
User avatar
HeyYaStand
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:27 am

Re: SFM52: Bastard Mess (Day one)

Postby jucktropy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:49 am

HeyYaStand wrote:/vote jucktripy

Dumb pasta.


Dam you you break my heart Spell The DAM Name right why voting me :/
If You Wanted Chaos Just Summon Me.

Spoiler: Ranked Elo 2500 Fav Town/NE Roles:
Investigator,Jester,Jailor,Transporter,VampireHunter,Witch

Fav Mafia/Coven/NK Roles:
Godfather,Blackmailer,Consort,WereWolf,Necromancer,PotionMaster

Spoiler: stertlitza
User avatar
jucktropy
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:31 am
Location: Mars

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests