Episode XV | Game over! | Mafia/Witch WIN | Last Santa Game

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: Episode XV | Game over! | The Last Santa Game

Postby ZoruaLuhansk » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:41 pm

From this episode I learned that to win you need to catch all scum and not just deathtunnel one
consider this account deleted
don't try to contact me unless I have you as a discord friend
ZoruaLuhansk
Spy
Spy

Postby Exacerbated » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:42 pm

RAmcius wrote:
Exacerbated wrote:the reason why people think it is weak is because they treat it as a cop rather than a doc

no, it's weak, because it's very situational, while sheriff and invest can give results every night.

And it's not doc, it can work as pseudo TP, when outed, but that's it, lookout have no power to save someone, just to redirect kill on someone less important

1 for 1 better than saving someone
Image Hog Out Or Log Out Image
Exacerbated
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Watt2015 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:42 pm

ZoruaLuhansk wrote:From this episode I learned that to win you need to catch all scum and not just deathtunnel one

From this game I learned we all need to go back to NFM. Except Uzay. Uzay get's a gold star.
Favourite Quote:
Spoiler:
leeten wrote:Are you even an IC holy fuck you pandering pile of shit

You should probably click this.
Watt2015
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Exacerbated » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:43 pm

ZoruaLuhansk wrote:From this episode I learned that to win you need to catch all scum and not just deathtunnel one

you need to be able to convince the town that you're right

that's impossible when people are second guessing your motivations
Exacerbated
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby UzayAltay » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:50 pm

EvanManManMan wrote:
UzayAltay wrote:
Tardis in Mafia Chat wrote:
Also I agree to a lucky witch Scenario. Do considering you alredy checked them and they appeared as citi. I'm thinking slightly it could be Uzay as it appears he's under the radar slightly. However, wouldn't it better to lynch Jamez as "Consort" as we can still be stopped by him. He's convinced Schultz is Consig so he may get blocked I think.

Also, going through my maths, we need six majority tomorrow, one more kill the evils and town are locked in a stalemate right?

Evan is Mafia Chat wrote:Town is in MyLo right now.

Uzay is super easy to read based ob meta and he is town.

Lynching Jamez is the optimal play in every universe. I can pin him as scum from Ultiix interactions as well. If Jamez is somehow undoable I'll advocate Lucky

:think:

The last few scum games I saw you play you slanked and were easy to catch. My perspective of you has definitely shifted based on this game.

Actually I was Ready for this play , but can't play .
TFM 65 , I was bad TBH , but I Motivated myself about Find the traitor and than goes on , but when you signalled , I became a bit demotivated , and played bad .
TFM 66, Jamez made a very good plan , but I can't play , Quick-hammers happened a Lot of time , mostly before I checked in .
Than there is this game . I actually want to roll town and break the evils win-chain ( 14 B was the last standart game town won ) , but After I roll witch , I was Happy , because of I don't know Any evils , which gives no reason to stressed . I decide to not signal at All , because of I don't know how to signal .
46-46 Spoiler: Town Games(27-32)

NFM50,NFM51,NFM52,14D,14E, NFM54 ,14H (AF), 14G, NFM 55, NFM 56, 15C, NFM 57, NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B, VFM36, 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38, NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39, EpisodeXVII, 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64, 19C,VFM58,VFM59 ,19D,VFM60,SFM66,SFM67,VFM64,SFM70,VFM69,XX7,XX9, VFM71,VFM72, VFM73, VFM74, 21A,VFM75,VFM76,XX14,VFM77,XX16,VFM78,VFM79

Scum Games (19-14)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53, VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54, EpisodeXIX, SFM63, 19E, 19F ,VFM62 ,VFM63,XX3,VFM66,XX5,VFM67,XX6,SFM72,XX8,VFM70,XX10,SFM76,SFM80
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Postby EvanManManMan » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:55 pm

I had god tier signals this game.
EvanManManMan
FM Awards: Town

Postby Exacerbated » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:55 pm

uzay what is your first language
Exacerbated
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Schultz128 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:14 pm

Exacerbated wrote:uzay what is your first language

Turkish.
Schultz128
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator

Postby RAmcius » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:26 pm

Exacerbated wrote:
RAmcius wrote:
Exacerbated wrote:the reason why people think it is weak is because they treat it as a cop rather than a doc

no, it's weak, because it's very situational, while sheriff and invest can give results every night.

And it's not doc, it can work as pseudo TP, when outed, but that's it, lookout have no power to save someone, just to redirect kill on someone less important

so, now lookout becomes bg? :lol:

if there's TP allive, it's pseudo TP - scum will be scared to kill important people, without TPs it's bodydouble at best - scum just kills lookout. To go 1 for 1 you need guess "safe" kill, but then we in WIFOM zone - what if scum kills someone you supposed to protect on assumption you're WIFOMing?
Call me Ramcius, capital a was an accident
RAmcius
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Postby chitownmvp01 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:28 pm

Santa07 wrote:
Schultz128 wrote:Like I love you and all Santa but you seriously did not do a good job with hosting this episode.

That I have realised, which is why the title is probably going to hold (at least for a good while)

Idk what happened, but the title made me think that Santa was resigning from the mod team, which apparently isn't true. Or am I wrong?

Congrats to the Mafia and Witch! :D
Spoiler: Image

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby Exacerbated » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:09 pm

RAmcius wrote:
Exacerbated wrote:
RAmcius wrote:

if there's TP allive, it's pseudo TP - scum will be scared to kill important people, without TPs it's bodydouble at best - scum just kills lookout. To go 1 for 1 you need guess "safe" kill, but then we in WIFOM zone - what if scum kills someone you supposed to protect on assumption you're WIFOMing?

In your example, Lookout gives useful information and provides a lot of value even in the WCS that is only sometimes slightly worse than the Sheriff and Investigator.

It's that in the BCS Lookout is by far superior to Sheriff and Investigator, as Sheriff and Investigator will always provide fuzzy and uncertain information while Lookout provides incontrovertible proof (because there aren't any Ninjas or Hiders in ToS FM).

In fact, the Sheriff and Investigator's results can potentially be negative utility to town whereas Lookout results almost never are (unless you're an idiot and just out your PRs for no reason, but that's not the fault of the role, but the player).
Exacerbated
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby chitownmvp01 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:48 pm

I'm glad that you learned this lesson now rather than later.

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby Veeena » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:58 pm

>leaving Evan alive in general after D3
OSRS Accounts: Veeena
Lewd Queen (Former HCIM)
Peepo Vee (GIM)

FF14: Xa Erros (NA Sargantas)

Formerly M4xwell
Known as
Xa/M4xy/Vee

Some fucking Vee I suppose.

Veeena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby RAmcius » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:55 am

Exacerbated wrote:
RAmcius wrote:
Exacerbated wrote:
RAmcius wrote:

In your example, Lookout gives useful information and provides a lot of value even in the WCS that is only sometimes slightly worse than the Sheriff and Investigator.

It's that in the BCS Lookout is by far superior to Sheriff and Investigator, as Sheriff and Investigator will always provide fuzzy and uncertain information while Lookout provides incontrovertible proof (because there aren't any Ninjas or Hiders in ToS FM).

In fact, the Sheriff and Investigator's results can potentially be negative utility to town whereas Lookout results almost never are (unless you're an idiot and just out your PRs for no reason, but that's not the fault of the role, but the player).

It's not about BCS or WCS, but about average results. You can't say X role is better, because sometimes it can perform better, while other times it's much worse. How many times you have got no results with lookout? Or you just see some random town visits?

And if you get fuzzy results with invest/sheriff, git gud maybe?
RAmcius
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Postby Exacerbated » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:37 am

RAmcius wrote:
Exacerbated wrote:
RAmcius wrote:
Exacerbated wrote:
RAmcius wrote:

It's not about BCS or WCS, but about average results. You can't say X role is better, because sometimes it can perform better, while other times it's much worse. How many times you have got no results with lookout? Or you just see some random town visits?

And if you get fuzzy results with invest/sheriff, git gud maybe?

Seeing even one random town visit is good because you both narrow down the lynch pool and know who to build rapport with in thread. If you see multiple town visits, then that's even better than a Sheriff or Investigator could hope for, as you've cleared 2 or more people with one night's worth of actions (efficiency).

Seeing nothing is also valuable information, because you know that they're more likely to be scum AND that they weren't prioritized as a target by scum. Seeing nothing as a Lookout is only slightly worse than an NS result, which can mean anything from Town to Godfather to Arsonist to Witch to Bomber.

Sheriff and Investigator inherently provide fuzzy results that are sometimes negative utility, more often than you might think.

I also wouldn't be telling someone with a much better record than you to "git gud" either.
Exacerbated
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby RAmcius » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:03 am

how to determine, if visit was from town and not scum PR? And i like how "not visited" very likely to be scum

also, i like how you "know" my record and just fact that you think win record matters says a lot about you, so yes, git gud
RAmcius
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Postby Exacerbated » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:36 am

RAmcius wrote:how to determine, if visit was from town and not scum PR? And i like how "not visited" very likely to be scum

also, i like how you "know" my record and just fact that you think win record matters says a lot about you, so yes, git gud

who cares, you found PR, very good

the fact of the matter is that lookout provides better value when played optimally than all other TI, and a skilled player will be able to get a hit a lot more often than average
Exacerbated
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby RAmcius » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:54 am

Exacerbated wrote:
RAmcius wrote:how to determine, if visit was from town and not scum PR? And i like how "not visited" very likely to be scum

the fact of the matter is that lookout provides better value when played optimally than all other TI, and a skilled player will be able to get a hit a lot more often than average

wow, you learn that someone isn't cit, and witch can mess with it too by forcing cit to visit.

a skilled player, yes, but most people aren't that skilled, so lookout roll in general is worse than sheriff/invest
RAmcius
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Postby UzayAltay » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:18 am

RAmcius wrote:
Exacerbated wrote:

wow, you learn that someone isn't cit, and witch can mess with it too by forcing cit to visit.

a skilled player, yes, but most people aren't that skilled, so lookout roll in general is worse than sheriff/invest

Witch cant force a non-visiting role to visit .

NFM50,NFM51,NFM52,14D,14E, NFM54 ,14H (AF), 14G, NFM 55, NFM 56, 15C, NFM 57, NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B, VFM36, 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38, NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39, EpisodeXVII, 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64, 19C,VFM58,VFM59 ,19D,VFM60,SFM66,SFM67,VFM64,SFM70,VFM69,XX7,XX9, VFM71,VFM72, VFM73, VFM74, 21A,VFM75,VFM76,XX14,VFM77,XX16,VFM78,VFM79

Scum Games (19-14)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53, VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54, EpisodeXIX, SFM63, 19E, 19F ,VFM62 ,VFM63,XX3,VFM66,XX5,VFM67,XX6,SFM72,XX8,VFM70,XX10,SFM76,SFM80
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Postby RAmcius » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:25 am

UzayAltay wrote:
RAmcius wrote:
Exacerbated wrote:

are you sure about it? I'm pretty sure i asked about it long ago and was told that witch force cit to visit
RAmcius
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Postby UzayAltay » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:57 am

RAmcius wrote:
UzayAltay wrote:
RAmcius wrote:
Exacerbated wrote:

are you sure about it? I'm pretty sure i asked about it long ago and was told that witch force cit to visit

I asked Santa , because of I didnt know . Santa answered like that .
Actually it should added to ECO .

Scum Games (19-14)

UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Postby RAmcius » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:02 am

well, we found another fix for Var - change text on witch rolecard to be clear, if witch can force cit to visit or not
RAmcius
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Postby Kmenx » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:05 am

I thought a witch can force a non visiting role to visit
You can find me in discord at Disguiser#5127

Spoiler: My FM record:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Kmenx
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Kmenx » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:11 am

Exacerbated wrote:I also wouldn't be telling someone with a much better record than you to "git gud" either.

Not to offend you Exa but win record doesn't mean jack shit yeah you are a good player but dota2reporter had a
6 0 wL record
You can find me in discord at Disguiser#5127

Spoiler: My FM record:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Kmenx
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:08 am

Kmenx wrote:
Exacerbated wrote:I also wouldn't be telling someone with a much better record than you to "git gud" either.

Not to offend you Exa but win record doesn't mean jack shit yeah you are a good player but dota2reporter had a
6 0 wL record

Do not blaspheme the lord

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

PreviousNext