[Newcomer FM] NFM54 | Xalerion the GOAT

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: [Newcomer FM] NFM54

Postby DesertStorm11 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:12 am

@Alexander
@SeasonToAttack
@Xalerion

I’ll ask you this question too, since you’re in the same boat:
Flake wrote:any input on any of the previous discussion? You seem awfully quiet.
DesertStorm11
Survivor
Survivor

Postby polypies73 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:22 am

DesertStorm11 wrote:@Alexander
@SeasonToAttack
@Xalerion

Flake wrote:any input on any of the previous discussion? You seem awfully quiet.

You can’t really do much about them being inactive.

What we can do is get discussion.

I claim PR.
E
polypies73
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ZoruaLuhansk » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:06 am

polypies73 wrote:
DesertStorm11 wrote:@Alexander
@SeasonToAttack
@Xalerion

You can’t really do much about them being inactive.

What we can do is get discussion.

I claim PR.

*rotten tomato*
consider this account deleted
don't try to contact me unless I have you as a discord friend
ZoruaLuhansk
Spy
Spy

Postby ZoruaLuhansk » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:20 am

DesertStorm11 wrote:Zorua... you just random-accused Oregon... that’s not exactly a Townie thing to do
And gabby is actually being helpful, and I’m trying to be

So... I don’t get your motives here

[I would put a Phoenix Wright GIF here but Im not a Trusted User]

I accused Oregen because, and only because, you voted him. If you flip mafia, then It makes sense that he is too, because noob mafias often vote themselves and their teammates.

I think you are Mafia. The self vote is the only reason I scumread you in the first place.

/vote DesertStorm
ZoruaLuhansk
Spy
Spy

Postby ZoruaLuhansk » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:43 am

DesertStorm11 wrote:I thought we had something gabby ;-;

Desert/gabby scumteam
ZoruaLuhansk
Spy
Spy

Postby gabby100 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:01 am

Flake wrote:
gabby100 wrote:hey melanora could we have the ISOs links and VC please?

I dislike how you conveniently change the topic when your name is brought to light as being potential scum. Your actions thus far have also conveniently been very polite.

/vote gabby100

polite is how i try to be so thank you also flake if i wanted to change the topic i wouldnt of said what i said earlier it would have been something like 'so hey guys how do you think all of this is going so far?' or 'anyone have any early scum reads they'd like to share?' see it as you will flake but i only wanted to see the vc and have the ISOs out for organising and properly sorting out my own notes.

nothing else nothing more
I remember doing the time-warp
Drinking those moments when
The Blackness would hit me
And the void would be calling...
Let's do the time-warp again!

since i keep being forgotten here's my FM records:
town aka getting citizen almost everytime:
TFM61 TFM62 NFM53 TFM65 NFM54 TFM66 15B VFM32 15F SFM46 16D ep XVII
SFM52
evan forcing me do the VC...

mafia:
SFM40

neutral:
GFM2.43 SFM48

before the rerolls happened:
NFM55
ep XVI

gabby100

Location: In someplace trying to translate my thought process into simple english for everyone to understand

Postby AlexanderLiner » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:37 am

Why are you random linching this only helps mafia.
Favourite roles
Godfather , Jailor , Serial Killer , Spy , Consigaire.
Least favourite Roles
Executioner , Jester , Disguiser.
Known as God Of The Mafia
Happy hunting Townies
AlexanderLiner
Jester
Jester

Postby DesertStorm11 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:19 am

ZoruaLuhansk wrote:
DesertStorm11 wrote:Zorua... you just random-accused Oregon... that’s not exactly a Townie thing to do

I accused Oregen because, and only because, you voted him. If you flip mafia, then It makes sense that he is too, because noob mafias often vote themselves and their teammates.

So a day-one connection during the meme phase = instant scum? He hasn’t posted once. If I had done the same thing to you, would you scumread yourself? Would you find it appropriate for others to instantly accuse you?

I think you are Mafia. The self vote is the only reason I scumread you in the first place.

see below:

ZoruaLuhansk wrote:/vig polypies

Hmm
Interesting
You RNG’d that, if I’m correct? I could use your logic and accuse both you and Poly, solely because you chose him as your vote. However, yours is more of a disguised-random accusation, mine actually has a stated reason at the same time, which is because he “betrayed me”. I currently live in Oregon which is a state in the USA, and he used to live here, but he moved elsewhere. Hence the quote-unquote “betrayal”. If you think I’m lying just to have a defense, you can ask him and he’ll testify of it. Therefore, I believe you’re trying to base an accusation literally off of memephase, which I guess I can understand, but in this case, it’s not a good place to start.

ZoruaLuhansk wrote:

Desert/gabby scumteam

I said that solely because of something that involves TFM65, which means I don’t think I can talk about it because it’s ongoing :l

/vote Zorua

You’re pushing way too hard on a weak wagon.
DesertStorm11
Survivor
Survivor

Postby ZoruaLuhansk » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:40 am

DesertStorm11 wrote:
ZoruaLuhansk wrote:

So a day-one connection during the meme phase = instant scum? He hasn’t posted once. If I had done the same thing to you, would you scumread yourself? Would you find it appropriate for others to instantly accuse you?

see below:

ZoruaLuhansk wrote:/vig polypies

Hmm
Interesting
You RNG’d that, if I’m correct? I could use your logic and accuse both you and Poly, solely because you chose him as your vote. However, yours is more of a disguised-random accusation, mine actually has a stated reason at the same time, which is because he “betrayed me”. I currently live in Oregon which is a state in the USA, and he used to live here, but he moved elsewhere. Hence the quote-unquote “betrayal”. If you think I’m lying just to have a defense, you can ask him and he’ll testify of it. Therefore, I believe you’re trying to base an accusation literally off of memephase, which I guess I can understand, but in this case, it’s not a good place to start.

ZoruaLuhansk wrote:

Desert/gabby scumteam

I said that solely because of something that involves TFM65, which means I don’t think I can talk about it because it’s ongoing :l

/vote Zorua

You’re pushing way too hard on a weak wagon.

1) I'm not pushing Oregen. Im only going to push him if you flip mafia.

2) Yes, I would find it appropriate for others to accuse me, Its part of the game.

3) I didn't self vote after someone voted me, did I?

Oregen is the least of my priorities anyways. Im a lot more focused on you and gabby. If he acts associated with you, then my read solidifies.

DesertStorm11 wrote:However, yours is more of a disguised-random accusation, mine actually has a stated reason at the same time, which is because he “betrayed me”. I currently live in Oregon which is a state in the USA, and he used to live here, but he moved elsewhere. Hence the quote-unquote “betrayal”. If you think I’m lying just to have a defense, you can ask him and he’ll testify of it.

This seems kind of ew, too lazy to look into it rn
ZoruaLuhansk
Spy
Spy

Postby fwogcarf » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:39 pm

alright I'm gonna 360 no scope vote

/vote polypies
Spoiler: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M79vYZu-WIKrW0WQ0pCISBq66DeBfSir5T7RCuy0OWY/edit?usp=sharing
We are creators of our own future

We are supporters of forces against despair

We defend against the evils of the world

We are guardians, we are strong
fwogcarf
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Crimson97 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:35 pm

ZoruaLuhansk wrote:

/vote DesertStorm

Why are you so locked on Desert being scum? You're trying to pass posts from the meme phase as actual evidence. Also, don't you have to unvote first for your next vote to be valid?

AlexanderLiner wrote:Why are you random linching this only helps mafia.

It's not random lynching if they give reasons for their votes, it's your job to evaluate those reasons and decide if it's a good lynch.

fwogcarf wrote:alright I'm gonna 360 no scope vote

/vote polypies

This IS random lynching or at least it looks like it. Never vote without reason, even if you're just sheeping because you don't have a better candidate to lynch say why you decided to follow that wagon.

Spoiler:
Crimson97
[Forum Mafia XVIII] Winner

Postby Crimson97 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:42 pm

I don't like Zorua and Exa trying to start wagons with no real reason to back them up, seems like they're either bussing or trying to cause a mislynch. Exa is an experienced player, i saw them turn around the game for mafia on NFM52 and i don't like that now they seem to arbitrarily attack a player for a really vague reason.

Spoiler:
Crimson97

Postby ZoruaLuhansk » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:03 pm

Crimson97 wrote:
ZoruaLuhansk wrote:

/vote DesertStorm

Why are you so locked on Desert being scum? You're trying to pass posts from the meme phase as actual evidence. Also, don't you have to unvote first for your next vote to be valid?

If I dont have a scumread I lose all my wim (see LoLFM)
Its quite possible hes not scum but we have no better leads right now

If that seems contradictory, I always say Im confident otherwise noone would ever follow me

/unvote
/vote DesertStorm
ZoruaLuhansk
Spy
Spy

Postby Crimson97 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:25 pm

ZoruaLuhansk wrote:
Crimson97 wrote:
ZoruaLuhansk wrote:

/vote DesertStorm

If I dont have a scumread I lose all my wim (see LoLFM)
Its quite possible hes not scum but we have no better leads right now

If that seems contradictory, I always say Im confident otherwise noone would ever follow me

/unvote
/vote DesertStorm

Do you think all other players are less scummy than Desert? Why do you think he's the scummiest player here?

Spoiler:
Crimson97

Postby Exacerbated » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:59 pm

Flake wrote:
Exacerbated wrote:/vote Flake
Let's wagon this.

What? I fail to see how my posts were weak in the slightest. I made it blatant that I agreed with the things you were saying, and highlighted a potential weakness in your analysis. In my experience (in Town of Salem anyway), players that play more boldly and defensively are less likely to be scum, especially in the earlier stages of the game. As such, I have reason believe both you and Desert to be Town at current. I've been busy lately so haven't been able to make posts with in-depth analysis as of yet, if that's so wrong..? I'll look up information on players from past games very soon, and will certainly bring up discussion with those players that I find to be suspect based on comparison between said information and current information.

Flake wrote:
gabby100 wrote:well flake playing FM you'll be quick to see how different both are from each other

It's not so much comparison between the games, it's more so to do with human nature. Town is more likely to feel at risk in being bold as they can push the blame on other players if they are incorrectly lynched. Scum tends to not think this way as much - they don't make bold plays because they see no reason to make themselves stand out. Even if, mentally, a player knows this, subconsciously they still follow this guideline to an extent.

Flake wrote:
DesertStorm11 wrote:12. Exacerbated
I don’t like his vote on Flake. He said Flake’s posts were weak, even tho I personally don’t see them as such. Flake is just trying to move the discussion forward, and Exac decides to vote Flake instead of trying to push someone more inactive. slight scum

I wouldn't say calling out someone and voting them for lack of discussion is necessarily a bad thing, though. But I agree, my previous posts were hardly weak.

Flake wrote:
Crimson97 wrote:Are you talking about the survey? Because that's not really a bold play.

Yes, I am. In my opinion it is bold because it was obviously going to cause some controversy, as it has, and I'm sure Desert them self was well aware of this. We can agree to disagree, though.

Crimson97 wrote:That's not a good argument for your posts being strong, anybody can agree on a plan and point out mistakes.This way you're not creating your own content, you're using other's to make yours and that's exactly what scum would do to look active and like they contribute to town. Also, that's a weak reason to town read Exa and Desert considering mafia's job is to look like town. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since you say you'll post a more in depth analysis.

I would hardly saying evaluating someone else's analysis is a bad thing for Town in the slightest. That is how discussion moves forward, and how progress is made. If there was no evaluation there would be absolutely no dispute over points made. I obviously intend to create my own content as well, as I stated. I am not saying that it is very likely that either of Exa or Desert are Town, I am saying that, as of the start of the game, I believe their posts to be slightly more Town-sided than Scum-sided - that is not to say my opinion won't change though, since it is too early in the game to reliably decide.

Genuine response. This is a solid rebound from Flake. I don't see a newer scum player reacting like this.
Image Hog Out Or Log Out Image
Exacerbated
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Exacerbated » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:59 pm

/unvote
Exacerbated
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby melanora » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:01 pm

polypies has requested replacement.
#overthrowthepatriarchy #babyforfmmod
I'm not a fucking gmod. Don't send me shit about your ban appeal.

FM Record
Spoiler: Image
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby gabby100 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:18 pm

melanora wrote:polypies has requested replacement.

welp i wonder who we will get this time...
I remember doing the time-warp
Drinking those moments when
The Blackness would hit me
And the void would be calling...
Let's do the time-warp again!

since i keep being forgotten here's my FM records:
town aka getting citizen almost everytime:
TFM61 TFM62 NFM53 TFM65 NFM54 TFM66 15B VFM32 15F SFM46 16D ep XVII
SFM52
evan forcing me do the VC...

mafia:
SFM40

neutral:
GFM2.43 SFM48

before the rerolls happened:
NFM55
ep XVI

gabby100

Location: In someplace trying to translate my thought process into simple english for everyone to understand

Postby Exacerbated » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:29 pm

DesertStorm11 wrote:8. ZoruaLuhansk
At first was being active and helpful, but with her post where she said her scumteam POV (Myself, gabby, Oregon) really pings me. For one, it includes myself and gabby, who are two of the more active players currently in the game, and we’re trying to move discussions forward. The other, more important part, is that she accused Oregon specifically, who has said nothing. That pings me for its own reason. Why specifically Oregon? Why not SeasonToAttack, who has also said nothing? What about Alexander who is nearly in the same boat? Basing your scumteam solely off of two people that are actually being helpful, then one who has said nothing is two entirely different directions that are bound to be wrong. scum lean

Activity is NAI

Gabby hasn't even taken any real stances yet

Also, there's some major differences between her scum game and this game. Namely, the blunt tone, which is in great supply this game, and a major feature of most of her town games (take a look at 13I and 14B for example, the tone is similar.), as opposed to the wishy washy tone and crippling self-awareness in her game as Witch. Zorua is playing within her town range in this game. If she is scum, then this is a major improvement from 14D.

12. Exacerbated
I don’t like his vote on Flake. He said Flake’s posts were weak, even tho I personally don’t see them as such. Flake is just trying to move the discussion forward, and Exac decides to vote Flake instead of trying to push someone more inactive. slight scum

If you take a look at the interaction in context, at the time, Flake only had 3 posts, so he would have, at the time, qualified as "someone more inactive." This read is extremely lazy.
Exacerbated
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Exacerbated » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:48 pm

cupcakeaj2 wrote:
Exacerbated wrote:
Flake wrote:have fun guys, first ever fm game here

Flake wrote:I agree that Desert's post did seem slightly scum motivated, and a lot of what Exacerbated is saying is correct, but at the same time I can't see a reason scum would ever make such a bold play, especially in the early game where they will be heavily suspected in later parts of the game as a result. I'm personally neutral for the reasons stated. I'm unsure as to whether a D1 lynch is optimal for Town or not given I have little knowledge of prior games, so can someone explain this to me please? Thanks.

These posts from Flake are pretty damn weak.

/vote Flake

Let's wagon this.

You need like more reasoning for your votes. That's also why I voted you.

I don't since I'm awesome.

Crimson97 wrote:
Flake wrote:
Crimson97 wrote:That's not a good argument for your posts being strong, anybody can agree on a plan and point out mistakes.This way you're not creating your own content, you're using other's to make yours and that's exactly what scum would do to look active and like they contribute to town. Also, that's a weak reason to town read Exa and Desert considering mafia's job is to look like town. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since you say you'll post a more in depth analysis.

I would hardly saying evaluating someone else's analysis is a bad thing for Town in the slightest. That is how discussion moves forward, and how progress is made. If there was no evaluation there would be absolutely no dispute over points made. I obviously intend to create my own content as well, as I stated. I am not saying that it is very likely that either of Exa or Desert are Town, I am saying that, as of the start of the game, I believe their posts to be slightly more Town-sided than Scum-sided - that is not to say my opinion won't change though, since it is too early in the game to reliably decide.

Of course it's not bad, it's what i'm doing with your posts right now and what will probably lead us to mafia. What i'm saying is that analysing posts is something really easy to pass as "townie posts". In the post were you analyze Exa you agree to what they say and then point out that the survey was a bold move, but i don't think it's that bold to begin with. Surveys seem to be common in NFM and if the questions seem town oriented it could be a way to get some easy towncred early on. Also there's the fact that mafia basically wins by making though descisions, making sacrifices when needed and taking risks, a survey to get infor from town hardly seems like the most risky thing they could do. For all this i agree with Exa that that post in particular was weak.

With that said, i don't think your posts are terribly scummy and it's a bit worrying to me that Exa chose you over someone with weaker posts like cupcake or someone who had more content in their ISOs. At that point you only had 3 posts, one where you said hello, the post where you talked about Exa and another one saying thank you. That's not nearly enough to determine the overall quality of your posts, Seems to me like they could be pushing for a mislynch and chose what they thoght would be an easy target.

I would like Exa to explain why they think Flake's posts are so terribly weak that they felt the need to vote them.

Crimson97 wrote:I don't like Zorua and Exa trying to start wagons with no real reason to back them up, seems like they're either bussing or trying to cause a mislynch. Exa is an experienced player, i saw them turn around the game for mafia on NFM52 and i don't like that now they seem to arbitrarily attack a player for a really vague reason.

What initially pinged me was not what Flake said, but rather the tone and manner in which he said it. Keep in mind that at the time, I was working with a sample size of n = 3 posts, so I just posted my gut reaction to Flake's progression.

For instance:

Flake wrote:have fun guys, first ever fm game here

This entrance is a little awkward and nervous. It's not enough to go on by itself, but newer scum players tend to have entrances more on the awkward side because they are afraid of people jumping on them. Entrances are also one of the key focal points I look at because that's where EVERYONE has their guard down, including scum, and where scum might slip up a little bit because of incomplete information.

Flake wrote:I agree that Desert's post did seem slightly scum motivated, and a lot of what Exacerbated is saying is correct, but at the same time I can't see a reason scum would ever make such a bold play, especially in the early game where they will be heavily suspected in later parts of the game as a result. I'm personally neutral for the reasons stated. I'm unsure as to whether a D1 lynch is optimal for Town or not given I have little knowledge of prior games, so can someone explain this to me please? Thanks.

This pinged me initially because of the wishy-washy tone. Scum tend to shy away from early commitment so that they don't tie themselves in a knot later.

Because of these posts being the only material I had to work with, my initial impression was that Flake were wolfy.

However, as I have stated, I have reevaluated Flake in light of his response, which I felt was genuine, so my macro-read on him is overall Town right now.

Also, I favor a very proactive approach to scumhunting. I don't wait for information; I create it with my own bare hands by applying heavy pressure on others.
Exacerbated
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Exacerbated » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:53 pm

/vote gabby100

She's here, but it feels like she's posting for the sake of posting and appearing like she's doing something.
Exacerbated
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby fwogcarf » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:00 pm

/unvote
Spoiler: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M79vYZu-WIKrW0WQ0pCISBq66DeBfSir5T7RCuy0OWY/edit?usp=sharing
We are creators of our own future

We are supporters of forces against despair

We defend against the evils of the world

We are guardians, we are strong
fwogcarf
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Exacerbated » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:14 pm

Anyone who isn't voting someone right now is making it easier for scum to hide.

Also by the end of today or start of tomorrow we should consolidate wagons. Too many people voting different people.
Exacerbated
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby ZoruaLuhansk » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:18 pm

/unvote
/vote gabby
for consolidation
ZoruaLuhansk