TFM65 | Stack The Deck | GAME OVER (Town Wins)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: TFM65 | Stack The Deck | GAME OVER (Town Wins)

Postby polypies73 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:55 am

Lol thanks Evan
E
polypies73
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ClaudiaM25 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:03 am

Nice one guys!
GG!
ClaudiaM25
Jester
Jester

Postby Jezz92 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:06 am

gj town
Jezz92
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Jezz92 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:08 am

Jezz92 wrote:gj town

*cham rather lol
some of the others were fine too but vig won the game there
Jezz92
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Fenraiser » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:22 am

Jezz92 wrote:
Jezz92 wrote:gj town

*cham rather lol
some of the others were fine too but vig won the game there

It was obvious Cham was vig. Only Cham would take the chance with the gut and it's remarkable the small details that he catches.
deathofrats0808 wrote:
James wrote:DEATH! I JUST WANT ONE MORE BREATH!
CAAN YOOOU GRANT MEE ONE MOOOORE PLEEEEEEEEAAASE!?

All out of breath I'm afraid. I only have existential dread left.
Fenraiser
Veteran
Veteran

Re: TFM65 | Stack The Deck | Day 2 (Bankrupt)

Postby Jezz92 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:27 am

ChamAlien wrote:I read everything and I think it is uzay/rhawkeye
Maybe Evan

First 2 players are more active when they are town and I know that rhawkeye has a lurky scum meta, their post about what mafia would choose seemd weird idk
also uzays town meta has more posts like in 14D he had mant posts at first pages but in this game he appears very rarely

Evan had 2 TR's from first post and he led a lynch on desert, Im not really sure about him but I dont have good feelings

Also this game needs more activity so Ill do something after I check something

Pedit: why would it be non and poly?

Cham was actually on point holy shit
brb nominating a certain someone for a certain FM award
Jezz92
Godfather
Godfather

Postby polypies73 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:29 am

I knew hawk was scum and gut said uzay.

I can’t read Evan
E
polypies73
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Fenraiser » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:48 am

Cham was town MVP. Vig shot gamesolved. His take on the game was very impressive and kind of unnerving, almost like in that one VFM where I was scum but was gutscummed by Stri, spooking the shit out of me.

Evan did really well, led town and I woukd have followed him to his grave. Dead chat was amusing. I also liked how you guys were subtly planning my mislynch and building it up. I kind of sensed it when Evan brought the Ryan comment up but his reasons seemed good enough for me to give them a pass. Uzay's reads in mafia chat were really good, though I wish he brought more of that to the table. Rhawkeye laid low as with Uzay, though much more subtly. The traitor gambit would have worked if there was not a vig shot tbh.

This is the 2nd time I've been pocketed by scum really hard. I think this experience was very valuable for myself because it showed how trusting can go very wrong, and it's also why I try not to give solid reads on people unless I'm really sure about them and I have good reasons.

For Mafiamenace, what bugged me about you was your insistence on reads. I get that it's good to make reads, but sometimes there isn't enough content to give good reads, esp. early game, and our activity levels weren't so high to judge people very well. The reasonings for the reads are also important imo, perhaps moreso than the conclusion of towniness or scumminess.

Overall, I really enjoyed playing the game. The gambit was hugh risk hugh reward, but unfortunately it did not go in your favor this time mafia. Props to Cham again for their valuable insight.

What did you guys think about my long wall about the game considering activity and streamlining activity?
deathofrats0808 wrote:

Fenraiser
Veteran
Veteran

Re: TFM65 | Stack The Deck | Day 2 (Bankrupt)

Postby Fenraiser » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:55 am

Jezz92 wrote:
ChamAlien wrote:I read everything and I think it is uzay/rhawkeye
Maybe Evan

First 2 players are more active when they are town and I know that rhawkeye has a lurky scum meta, their post about what mafia would choose seemd weird idk
also uzays town meta has more posts like in 14D he had mant posts at first pages but in this game he appears very rarely

Evan had 2 TR's from first post and he led a lynch on desert, Im not really sure about him but I dont have good feelings

Also this game needs more activity so Ill do something after I check something

Pedit: why would it be non and poly?

Cham was actually on point holy shit
brb nominating a certain someone for a certain FM award

I'm prob gonna copy-paste your nomination again lul.
deathofrats0808 wrote:

Fenraiser
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Fenraiser » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:58 am

Also when Im referring to Uzay I mean his day play.
deathofrats0808 wrote:

Fenraiser
Veteran
Veteran

Postby polypies73 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:59 am

Fenraiser wrote:Cham was town MVP. Vig shot gamesolved. His take on the game was very impressive and kind of unnerving, almost like in that one VFM where I was scum but was gutscummed by Stri, spooking the shit out of me.

Evan did really well, led town and I woukd have followed him to his grave. Dead chat was amusing. I also liked how you guys were subtly planning my mislynch and building it up. I kind of sensed it when Evan brought the Ryan comment up but his reasons seemed good enough for me to give them a pass. Uzay's reads in mafia chat were really good, though I wish he brought more of that to the table. Rhawkeye laid low as with Uzay, though much more subtly. The traitor gambit would have worked if there was not a vig shot tbh.

This is the 2nd time I've been pocketed by scum really hard. I think this experience was very valuable for myself because it showed how trusting can go very wrong, and it's also why I try not to give solid reads on people unless I'm really sure about them and I have good reasons.

For Mafiamenace, what bugged me about you was your insistence on reads. I get that it's good to make reads, but sometimes there isn't enough content to give good reads, esp. early game, and our activity levels weren't so high to judge people very well. The reasonings for the reads are also important imo, perhaps moreso than the conclusion of towniness or scumminess.

Overall, I really enjoyed playing the game. The gambit was hugh risk hugh reward, but unfortunately it did not go in your favor this time mafia. Props to Cham again for their valuable insight.

What did you guys think about my long wall about the game considering activity and streamlining activity?

Cham too OP 5 me
E
polypies73
Veteran
Veteran

Postby polypies73 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:59 am

Fenraiser wrote:Also when Im referring to Uzay I mean his day play.

Yeah uzay’s day play was as pretty good, but he didn’t have the consistency of posts as I would expect him to as town.
E
polypies73
Veteran
Veteran

TFM65 | Stack The Deck | GAME OVER (Town Wins)

Postby MaccaMania » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:57 am

Mod Rant
Spoiler: I think that this game played out fairly well. I was a little bit disappointed at the start when Mafia chose no modifications, but it did make the game much more simple to host. It was a pretty smart choice in the end, considering Evan was easily able to identify himself as the Traitor to the Mafia, but the 2 PR's rolled were arguably the worst PR's for no modifications. The activity of this game wasn't too bad, but despite most people not needing to be prodded the game still felt a little bit dead at times. Evan had about 1/5 of the entire game's posts and there were only a couple of others who posted regularly.

First thing, hats off to Evan. He played incredibly well this game, being widely townread and leading the town into mislynches. The gambit at the beginning was quite smart, but it was very risky and it was likely to result in revealing the rest of the mafia if you were ever killed. You did follow this up with some pretty good distancing though, with the early attack on Uzay and the interactions with RHawkeye. Also, your pushes were quite logical, which made it easier for the town to follow most of your reads and jump on your wagons.

RHawkeye and Uzay also played pretty well this game, managing to fly under the radar and not draw too much attention to themselves. You both had posts which looked genuine and you gave out reads which distanced you from one another. Something I want to comment on Uzay, this is for when you are Town and scum, try to make your reads less focused on someone's effort and the amount that someone scumhunts. Some of your scumreads (like when you talked about non and Hawkeye) were just because they hadn't given a reads list, so even if you are faking reads you should attempt to provide a better explanation. Another thing both of you could have improved on is activity in general, but more specifically in the mafia chat. I think there were 10 posts from you guys in the Mafia chat, and your night kill targets weren't really discussed with one another; once one of you would suggest someone you would go along with that.

As soon as Cham came into the game, they pretty much hit the nail on the head. They gave fairly good reasoning for all 3 of their scumreads, and were probably the MVP of this game, closely followed by Evan. Cham even picked up Evan's scumclaim post, where he was trying to signal to the Mafia that he was Traitor. Cham was confident in their reads and followed through with the night actions. I can't help but think if the gun was in somebody else's hands, Mafia would likely end up winning the game.

As a whole, Town played pretty well. Not as well as they could have though, as the Day 1 and Day 2 lynch felt kind of rushed and was strongly influenced by Mafia. Most people stated their own opinion, but their opinion usually ended up with the same lynch target as what Evan had suggested, so I feel like some people might have just been following him but providing a different reason. There weren't many alternative lynches given and nobody really had a strong case against anyone. I expected Day 3 to be much more active, especially considering there had been a Mafia Traitor flip, meaning people could analyse Evan's ISO to see if they could find where he tried to signal the Mafia. Aside from this, most town members played quite well and were scumhunting and analysing the thread.

I think I hosted the game fairly well, but it's pretty hard to stuff up when you're hosting a basic vanilla game. I probably should have been more active with vote counts, especially on that last day. I should have posted a vote count earlier so that people knew where things were at and the Town might not have accidentally hammered.

This is likely to be the last thing I do on these forums. I did enjoy hosting this game and everyone playing made the game enjoyable, but I wasn't as eager to host as I was when I submitted the pitch a couple of months ago. Forum Mafia was the last thing keeping me on this forum, but I've slowly lost interest in it and I'm no longer enjoying myself when playing as much as I used to. This community has been really good, and there have been many people on here who I've got to know and who have made me feel a part of the community. I might end up coming back one day, but it's unlikely to be anytime soon.
Sometimes it's nice to just watch the world BURN.

Forum Mafia Record: 8 - 10 - 0
Spoiler: Image
MaccaMania
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby Fenraiser » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:11 am

Good luck Macca! Thanks for hosting :)
deathofrats0808 wrote:

Fenraiser
Veteran
Veteran

Postby EvanManManMan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:22 am

Damn.

Cham led this town into a win. I honestly never expected that from him and I have to give props.

However, I disagree with what Macca said about Hawk and Uzay. Both their day and night play were subpar. Neither one of them was widely townread for the entire game and "flying under the radar" caught them more negative attention than they would have gotten otherwise. The night kills were honestly pretty awful. Gabby and Jamez both have 0 gamesolving potential and would not have made a difference if alive, especially Jamez. One thing I saw was that they were afraid of a doctor night one, but there was only a 33% chance of doctor rolling with 0 modifications and the traitor had a high chance of getting the doctor and even then, it wasn't certain. The game was easily winnable with a tracker claim at the end as well. They could have coasted through this day without a concern, used the vigilante as an excuse for not being night killed and force a mislynch in LyLo. I was excited to see Uzay and Hawk as my partners at the start of the game but they definitely let me down.

Fen played well this game. He was the person of reason day 3 and was thinking clearly. Cham was not active enough to do this himself and Fen was that counterpart.

Not much else to say. GG town.
EvanManManMan
FM Awards: Town

Postby ChamAlien » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:42 am

Ohh good thanks

GG
I like 'em round and big
ChamAlien

Postby UzayAltay » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:20 am

I never faked anything in Day , my reads will be same If I was town . Evan's plan was very risky , maybe he should add a third person instead of himself . I generally became more active at weekends but days was short for that , it is the reason my less activity . I don't think I played too bad , at least at Day . I never completely townreaded as town ( except my first town game ) , but always act towny .

Evan played very well , my play is middle , don't know Hawk 's normal play but he wasn't very bad I guess , at Worst Same with me (middle ) .
46-46 Spoiler: Town Games(27-32)

NFM50,NFM51,NFM52,14D,14E, NFM54 ,14H (AF), 14G, NFM 55, NFM 56, 15C, NFM 57, NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B, VFM36, 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38, NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39, EpisodeXVII, 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64, 19C,VFM58,VFM59 ,19D,VFM60,SFM66,SFM67,VFM64,SFM70,VFM69,XX7,XX9, VFM71,VFM72, VFM73, VFM74, 21A,VFM75,VFM76,XX14,VFM77,XX16,VFM78,VFM79

Scum Games (19-14)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53, VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54, EpisodeXIX, SFM63, 19E, 19F ,VFM62 ,VFM63,XX3,VFM66,XX5,VFM67,XX6,SFM72,XX8,VFM70,XX10,SFM76,SFM80
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Postby Fenraiser » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:35 am

UzayAltay wrote:I never faked anything in Day , my reads will be same If I was town . Evan's plan was very risky , maybe he should add a third person instead of himself . I generally became more active at weekends but days was short for that , it is the reason my less activity . I don't think I played too bad , at least at Day . I never completely townreaded as town ( except my first town game ) , but always act towny .

Evan played very well , my play is middle , don't know Hawk 's normal play but he wasn't very bad I guess , at Worst Same with me (middle ) .

The gambit may have worked if not for the vig shot-high risk but high reward. Time conflicts with real life is understandable though. To help with activity, if you can't post a lot, when you do post, make it something meaningful, even if that meaningful something is very small. That in itself is what would help you blend in as a slanking!townie rather than a slanking!scum. If you're going to try to lay low, I'd imagine that your goal is to post more than the other slankers to keep suspicion off in order to throw suspicion onto real slanking!townies, but in this game it seemed more that you were laying low just for the sake of laying low instead of activity compared to the other people with lower activity such as Poly and Non and MafiaMenace.
deathofrats0808 wrote:

Fenraiser
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ChamAlien » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:37 am

UzayAltay wrote:I never faked anything in Day , my reads will be same If I was town . Evan's plan was very risky , maybe he should add a third person instead of himself . I generally became more active at weekends but days was short for that , it is the reason my less activity . I don't think I played too bad , at least at Day . I never completely townreaded as town ( except my first town game ) , but always act towny .

You were really different in 14D than this game. You were genuinely contributing with even trivial things and also your reads was different
I like 'em round and big
ChamAlien

Postby DesertStorm11 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:13 am

GG everyone!

/vote Cham MVP
Never thought I would say that in my life but let’s be honest, he deserves it
DesertStorm11
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:42 pm

Cheers Macca. Hit me up when you come back. \o/
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:42 pm

Also I'm counting this as a win, fite me.
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby UzayAltay » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:31 am

Note : When first someone congratulate me and Hawk I think somebody is accuse us :) :lol:
46-46 Spoiler: Town Games(27-32)

NFM50,NFM51,NFM52,14D,14E, NFM54 ,14H (AF), 14G, NFM 55, NFM 56, 15C, NFM 57, NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B, VFM36, 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38, NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39, EpisodeXVII, 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64, 19C,VFM58,VFM59 ,19D,VFM60,SFM66,SFM67,VFM64,SFM70,VFM69,XX7,XX9, VFM71,VFM72, VFM73, VFM74, 21A,VFM75,VFM76,XX14,VFM77,XX16,VFM78,VFM79

Scum Games (19-14)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53, VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54, EpisodeXIX, SFM63, 19E, 19F ,VFM62 ,VFM63,XX3,VFM66,XX5,VFM67,XX6,SFM72,XX8,VFM70,XX10,SFM76,SFM80
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Previous

Return to Game Threads