SFM39: Town(Demacians) Win! Better than BLFM!

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

SFM39: Town(Demacians) Win! Better than BLFM!

Postby ryanyb » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:19 pm

Ryanyb and FML present:

SFM 40: League of Legends FM -- Battle for Runeterra

~~~

Rules:
  1. This is a game. Cool, not really sure why I was supposed to include this.
  2. Don’t be a douchenugget. Unnecessary aggression, rudeness, and disrespect isn’t fun for anyone to play with, evidenced by the massive replacement waves going through games with toxic players. Also I have absolutley zero tolerance for any racial/sexual oreitation/gender/religious/etc slurs. My line on those are stricter than the forums’, don't be stupid, don’t get kicked for saying something you thought held no weight.
  3. Innactivity. 30 hour prod timer, 12 hours to respond. Shitposts don’t count. Constant prodging doesn’t count.
  4. Prohibited Activities:
    • Gamethrowing. Staa is WotM’d for a reason.
    • Outside Communication. PRK is WotM’d for a reason. Also the only people that can pull that off without getting in trouble is me and Varanus, and unless you’re Varanus, you’re neither.
    • Codes. They’re cheap.
    • Spam. I don’t consider multiposts spam unless they’re contentless.
  5. Angleshooting. The ONLY time that I will take action for angleshooting is if it is directed at anything any of this game’s moderators has done. For example, angleshooting a minor difference in rolecards is frowned upon. I have no qualms, however, with angleshooting player actions. Go crazy.
  6. Flavor All information in this game aside from rolecards and day start/end flavor will be flavorless. You can make flavor arguments if you’d like, but a few words of caution: many of the abilities in this game have almost no resemblance to their League of Legends counterpart. Often, the coherence of a rolecard in the FM game was more important than adhering strictly to making the abilities as close to game as possible. Also, as mentioned elsewhere in here, scum will be getting safe flavor claims, and they will have me as a resource to tweak or improve the claims in order to make them as believable as possible. So use flavor with caution.
  7. Private Messages and Action Submission. Discord or the forums are fine. If you send a PM on the forums be sure that the title is clearly indicating what your message is for. During day phases, I will be processing actions strictly in the order in which I receive them. Sent actions are final. If player 1 and player 2 submit actions two minutes apart from each other, I will process them both when I get back online, even if player 2’s decision to use said action could be influenced by person 1’s action.

Features and Mechanics:

• This game does not feature bastard mechanics, and is expliclty non-bastard. That being said, outside of what is mod-confirmed, anything goes, so check your assumptions.
    For clarification on what this means, check Metrion's definition of bastard moderation and gameplay below.
    Spoiler: Bastard: describing something which makes the game environment toxic such as role conversion, information lying/hidden, voteless/suicidal or otherwise only handicapped roles, and elements which radically change the nature of the game or are contrary to core concepts. Bastard is sometimes contextual, if the players are aware or will reasonably suspect that a bastard element is in the game it may be considered non-bastard. As a cause of this generally information lying outside of rolecard text and secluded only to night action results is permissible and not bastard according to this site.
  • All power roles in this game are League of Legend's champions, and therefore are assigned a passive ability as well as four other abilities, one of which is an 'ultimate' ability which can be used once per game unless otherwise clearly stated on the rolecard.
  • The flavor of this game is Demacia vs. Noxus themed, with town being Demacian aligned, and mafia being Noxus aligned. In order to prevent the game being flavor solvable, not all town members are de-facto 'Demacian' and not all scum members are de-facto 'Noxian'. Expect Champions from Piltover, Ionia, Demacia, possible Bilgewater and more, to be town-aligned, and Champions from Noxus, the Shadow Isles, possibly Bilgewater, and more, to be mafia aligned. Neutrals are likely somewhere in-between.
  • Unless otherwise stated on a rolecard, scum will be given two fake claims: one unique flavor claim, who is either Demacian, Ionian, Piltoverian, etc, and the claim for Demacian Guard, the vanilla town equivalent, which will be made public.
  • Most abilities work on a phase-measured cool-down mechanic, and their use is not restricted to day or night phase unless otherwise stated. A one-phase cooldown is synonymous with the ability being unsable for the remainder of the current phase. For example, an ability with a cooldown of two phases used on day one is usable again day two. An ability with cooldown of one phase used on day one is usable again night one. And so on.
  • This game utilizes a health system, including Health, Magic Resist, Armor, and Shield. If your Health reaches 0 or below 0, you will die unless otherwise stated in your rolecard. Health does not regenerate unless otherwise stated in a rolecard or ability. Regenerating Health on a player who has reached 0 Health will not resurrect them.
  • All damaging abilities and actions deal either Magic Damage, Physical Damage, or in rare cases, True Damage. Each point of Magic Resist reduces damage taken by Magic Damage by one. Each point of Armor reduces damage taken by Physical Damage by one. True Damage ignores all Armor and Magic Resist.
  • Shield functions as a second health pool, and will take damage before your Health does. Abilities that regenerate Health do not regenerate any lost Shield. Shield does not regenerate unless otherwise stated in a rolecard or ability. Any Armor and Magic Resist a character possesses applies to Shield as well. For some examples of Health/Armor /Magic Resist/Shield interactions, check the spoiler below (strongly recommended)
    Spoiler:
    • A player with 5 Health, 1 Magic Resist, 1 Armor 0 Shield is attacked by a 4 Magic Damage attack.
      They take 3 Magic Damage. Their stats after the attack are as follows: 2 Health, 1 Magic Resist, 1 Armor, 0 Shield.
    • A player with 5 Health, 1 Magic Resist, 1 Armor 0 Shield is attacked by a 4 Physical Damage attack.
      They take 3 Physical Damage. Their stats after the attack are as follows: 2 Health, 1 Magic Resist, 1 Armor, 0 Shield.
    • A player with 5 Health 0 Magic Resist 0 Armor 3 Shield is attacked by a 4 Magic Damage attack.
      They take 1 Magic Damage and their shield is depleted. Their stats after the attack are as follows: 4 Health, 0 Magic Resist, 0 Armor, 0 Shield.
    • A player with 5 Health 1 Magic Resist 1 Armor 3 Shield is attacked by a 4 Magic Damage attack.
      They take 0 damage and their shield is depleted. Their stats after the attack are as follows: 5 Health, 1 Magic Resist, 1 Armor, 0 Shield.
    • A player with 5 Health 1 Magic Resist 1 Armor 3 Shield is attacked by a 4 True Damage attack.
      They take 1 damage and their shield is depleted. Their stats after the attack are as follows: 4 Health, 1 Magic Resist, 1 Armor, 0 Shield.
  • Not all abilities count as 'visits'
    • For the purposes of this game, a visit is defined as an ability for which all of the following are true in a vanilla FM game:
      • Using this ability will get you spotted by a lookout watching your target
      • Using this ability will get you killed if your target is a Veteran.
      • Using this ability will tell an Agent watching you that you used an ability on your target.
    • None of the above will be true for abilities which do not 'visit' unless an ability explicitly says that it watches / impacts actions AND visits, not solely visits.
    • In a vanilla FM game, an ability that doesn't provoke a visit would be something like putting on a vest on yourself as a doctor or survivor.
    • Each ability will specify if it visits the target or not.
    • An ability that targets yourself, even if it normally visits, does not constitute a visit.
    • Some abilities target a location on the playerlist rather than a player in particular. In the case of these abilities, whoever is occupying the slot on the playerlist at the time the ability is processed is affected. A consequence of this is that the playerlist almost functions like a map of the game, and some roles are able to move either themselves or others around the playerlist. The player-list will be randomized when the game begins.

Setup:

• 22p mostly closed setup
    • There are two primary factions, Demacia (town) and Noxus (mafia). Any present neutrals are not part of a single unified faction.
    • Demacian Win Condition: Spoiler: You are fighting for Demacia.
      You win with other Demacians.
      You must kill all Noxians.
      You must kill any Assassins.
      You may spare anyone else.
    • Noxian Win Condition Spoiler: You are fighting for Noxus.
      You win with other Noxians.
      You must kill all Demacians or be in a game state where that is inevitable.
    • All players aside from the multiple Vanilla Town Citizens present (flavored as Demacian Guard) are Champions. The rolecard for Demacian Guard is as follows:
      Spoiler:

Demacian Guard

"My life for Aiur!"

Win Conditions and Role Information:
      You are fighting for Demacia.

Base Stats:
      Health: 4/4
      Armor: 0
      Magic Resist: 0
      Shield: 0

You have no abilities aside from your voice and your vote. Use them well, while you still can.
    • The structure of a non-guard rolecard is as follows: Spoiler:

Crystal Maiden

”Wait I thought this was League of Legends themed, not Dota2?”

Win Conditions and Role Information:
      You are fighting for Demacia.

Base Stats:
      Health: 6/6
      Armor: 2
      Magic Resist: 1
      Shield: 0

Abilities:
      Passive - Oh shit I did a bad analogy there’s no passive abilities in dota
      [simg=100,100][Nonexistant][/simg]
      • Guess you don’t exist :shrug:

Q - Crystal Nova

• Do something that’s probably cool
      • This counts as a visit
      • COOLDOWN: 4 phases.

W - Frostbite

• Literally lissandra ult but a basic ability. I love dota balance.

E - Arcane Aura

• Oh nice. Global Mana.

R (Ultimate Ability) - Freezing Field

• Make them go boom boom.
    • No two players will receive the same Champion.
    • Every night, the Mafia get a factional kill which deals 7 either physical or magic damage depending on which member of the Mafia is attacking. The individual who performs the factional kill is unable to perform other abilities that night, unless otherwise stated in an ability or rolecard.
    • Noxians have a day chat.
  • Day/Night phase length is currently 96/24
  • Unless otherwise modified by an ability, day will always conclude in a lynch, decided by majority and plurality. If majority is not reached by end of day, plurality will decide the lynch. In the event of a tie, RNG will decide.
  • Getting lynched instantly reduces the Health of the target to 0 and destroys all Shield.
  • Unless otherwise modified by an ability, only flavor name and alignment will flip on death.
  • Unless otherwise modified by an ability, the faction responsible for any given kill will be revealed.
  • Unless otherwise specified on a rolecard or ability, abilities can be used in either day or night phase.
  • See 'Features' for information on the cooldown mechanic, as well as Health, Armor, Magic Resist, and Shield.
  • Unless otherwise stated in a rolecard or ability, feedback is given for both day and night actions, so you will, for example, be told if you are roleblocked. You will not, however, always know what the feedback you receive means. For example: 'You have been blinded!'
  • There will be a 24 hour grace period at the beginning of Day One where players can ask questions, and no abilities may be used.
  • A very loose listing of the order in which night actions will be processed is below. Specifics on how this ordering works I need to keep private, since the actual list is much lengthier. If you have a question about how a potential interaction would work or when exactly your ability will be processed, feel free to shoot me a PM. No guarantee that I will answer your question, but there’s a good chance I will. Spoiler:
    • Transports and transport like things
    • Roleblocks / Crowd Control
    • Self movement abilities
    • Defensive Abilities
    • Offensive non-damaging abilities
    • Everything else.

Starting Playerlist:
    1. timurtheking
    2. non271103
    3. Ladd
    4. Metrino
    5. Cmitc1
    6. MafiaMenace
    7. Varanus
    8. mdb
    9. Melanora
    10. Duffman3005
    11. RHawkeye
    12. xUltiix
    13. ZouraLuhansk
    14. EvanManManMan
    15. OllyRenard
    16. NesMettaur
    17. theyellowgreninja
    18. TheWabbit
    19. DoctorAzure
    20. MichaelgRook
    21. SirQEvidemment
    22. ChubbyMooshroom9

ISO's

(Note that the order of these ISO's does not necessarily accurately reflect the current playerlist orientation)
Spoiler: ryanyb (Mod)
FMLSheWas12 (Mod)
timurtheking
non271103
Ladd
Metrino
Cmitc1
MafiaMenace Harkonnen97
Varanus
mdb
Melanora
Duffman3005 Kosmmo16
RHawkeye
xUltiix
ZouraLuhansk
EvanManManMan
OllyRenard
NesMettaur
theyellowgreninja
TheWabbit
DoctorAzure
MichaelgRook
SirQEvidemment
ChubbyMooshroom9

Confirmed Feeders:
-Day One - Harkonnen97 - Vayne - Death by Demacian Guard.
-Night One - Mdb1023 - Ezreal - Death by Noxians
-Day Two - Varanus - Azir - Death by Demacians
-Day Two - TheWabbit - Garen - Death by Noxians
-Day Two - NesMattaur - Caitlyn - Death by Slank Vig?
-Day Two - Melanora - Shaco - Death by Demacian Guard.
-Day Two - Soulshader - Demacina Guard - Death by ChubbyMooshroom9, Cmitc1, OllyRenard and EvanManManMan.
-Day Two - EvanManManMan - Jarvan IV - Death by Shaco
Last edited by ryanyb on Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 26 times in total.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Re: SFM39: (Setup) - Patience isn't a virtue, it is THE virt

Postby ryanyb » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:14 pm

Rolling and sending out rolecards momentarily.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Re: SFM39: (Setup) - Patience isn't a virtue, it is THE virt

Postby ryanyb » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:07 pm

The midnight bell tolls throughout the Crown Complex in Demacia. A calm night. A cold night.

Clouds pass over the dim moonlight casting the countryside into darkness.

Shadows move --

A muffled scream, cut short by cloth. Or perhaps flesh.

Laughter. Silence.

The bells no longer sing for the dark.

A ray of silver illuminates the crimson-spattered hilt. And the girl who held it in her neck.

A jingle of slaybells in the distance.

The bells no longer sing for the dark.

A frantic ringer pulls the rope. The bells begin to swing. His body falls.

Laughter. Silence.

The bells can no longer sing.

Two bodies now in the square. The incursion looked on from a distance. Disgust.

But maniacs could wait. Tonight was more important than him.

Tonight, Demacia falls.

~~~~~~

Day one begins... now! And will end in 92 hours, or when majority has been reached.

Abilities are locked for the first 24 hours of the game. Use this time to ask questions.

The playerlist as it currently stands is:

Spoiler:
  1. timurtheking
  2. non271103
  3. Ladd
  4. Metrino
  5. Cmitc1
  6. MafiaMenace
  7. Varanus
  8. mdb
  9. Melanora
  10. Duffman3005
  11. RHawkeye
  12. xUltiix
  13. ZouraLuhansk
  14. EvanManManMan
  15. OllyRenard
  16. NesMettaur
  17. theyellowgreninja
  18. TheWabbit
  19. DoctorAzure
  20. MichaelgRook
  21. SirQEvidemment
  22. ChubbyMooshroom9

Also, some of you will notice that some of the rolecards that are Champions do not have the ability icons correctly linked. For whatever reason, some of the rolecards didn't properly copy the image url. After looking it all over, I've come to the conclusion that there is no pattern whatsoever among the images. Some rolecards have all correct icons, some have some correct and some broken, some have all broken. Do not angleshoot this, as even I can't figure out exactly what happened. Attempting to use this information to gain an advantage may result in expulsion from the game.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/v ... hand&csz=1
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Re: SFM39: Day One - Undetected

Postby cmitc1 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:10 pm

HYPE ^>^

Hey guys
cmitc1
Arsonist
Arsonist

Postby non271103 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:15 pm

Hello Everyone!
Official Member of the League of Losers™
Spoiler: Image
non271103
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Varanus » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:19 pm

FOR THE GLORY OF THE SHURIMAN EMPIRE
You were expecting a decent signature...

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator

Postby Varanus » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:25 pm

metrino wrote:
Varanus wrote:FOR THE GLORY OF THE SHURIMAN EMPIRE

/vote varanus

YOU WOULD DARE STAND BEFORE US? YOU AND THE WORLD WILL BE REDUCED TO SAND

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:41 pm

Alzar is my sidekick guys let’s go

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9
FM Awards: Town

Postby Varanus » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:45 pm

ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:Alzar is my sidekick guys let’s go

JOIN ME IN REBUILDING MY EMPIRE, AND YOU WILL BE GREATLY REWARDED

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator

Postby xUltiix » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:47 pm

/vote ollyrenard
xUltiix
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:48 pm

Varanus wrote:

sure azir but one question

what build are you running

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby NesMettaur » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:50 pm

Varanus wrote:

good news i hardclaim xerath

/destroy shurima (again)
BtM Results
T3-Professor-4th(Poisoned)
T4-Barbarian-5th(Executed)
T5-Peasant-3rd(Executed)
T6-Programmer-12th(Forcefully Executed)
Christmas Event-Nutcracker Prince-1st
NesMettaur
Survivor
Survivor

Postby cmitc1 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:51 pm

/vote Chubby

Alzar is mine ; : ^ )
cmitc1
Arsonist
Arsonist

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:52 pm

cmitc1 wrote:/vote Chubby

/vote cmitc

Pray to god that the dice roll doesn't land on you

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby cmitc1 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:55 pm

ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:
cmitc1 wrote:/vote Chubby

/vote cmitc

Pray to god that the dice roll doesn't land on you

I've always been one to play the game of luck ; : ^ )
cmitc1
Arsonist
Arsonist

Postby ladd » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:09 am

hey
ladd

Postby Varanus » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:12 am

SirQEvidemment wrote:
Varanus wrote:FOR THE GLORY OF THE SHURIMAN EMPIRE

Do you know that you have anus in your name?

DID YOU KNOW YOU ARE 12, AND NOT FUNNY?

YOU WILL NEVER BE OF USE IN RESTORING MY EMPIRE TO ITS FORMER GLORY

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator

Postby ladd » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:22 am

This is beginning to feel like the long winded blues of the never

Static explosion devoted to crushing the broken and shoving their souls to ghost
ladd

Postby ladd » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:30 am

I don't know if softing the character counts as a softclaim since apparently they don't mean much and well personally I don't know them anyway but that's probably a me thing.
ladd

Postby ryanyb » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:37 am

Current Vote Count
Player Votes Voters
  # Votes Until Majority

Current Playerlist Orientation:
Spoiler:
  1. timurtheking
  2. non271103
  3. Ladd
  4. Metrino
  5. Cmitc1
  6. MafiaMenace
  7. Varanus
  8. mdb
  9. Melanora
  10. Duffman3005
  11. RHawkeye
  12. xUltiix
  13. ZouraLuhansk
  14. EvanManManMan
  15. OllyRenard
  16. NesMettaur
  17. theyellowgreninja
  18. TheWabbit
  19. DoctorAzure
  20. MichaelgRook
  21. SirQEvidemment
  22. ChubbyMooshroom9

A few notes already:
1) Read the OP. Half of the questions I've gotten can be answered through a close reading of the OP.
2) I might have forgotten to include the cooldowns of some abilities in some of the rolecards. I'll be looking through the sent rolecards again tomorrow way before the 24 hours has passed to make sure that everyone has everything correct ability-wise before I light the TNT.
3) The top of the playerlist loops down around to the bottom, so it's circular.
4) As you can see here, there will be updates of the state of the playerlist with every votecount unless some ability or other reason prohibits me from doing so. If something subtle changes in the playerlist, it is not my obligation to point it out, though.
I think that's about it for now. I'll keep updating stuff like this with popular questions that I'm getting that I feel will be helpful to the thread.

Edit, tacking on a
5): Even passive abilities are on lock until the 24 hour threshold passes.
Last edited by ryanyb on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ladd » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:40 am

oh yeah

well scum has fakeclaims anyway so whatever
ladd

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:51 am

SirQEvidemment wrote:/vote Chubby

I'd like to see where this leads, though.

it leads to you getting dayvigged

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:59 am

SirQEvidemment wrote:
ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:
SirQEvidemment wrote:/vote Chubby

I'd like to see where this leads, though.

it leads to you getting dayvigged

By you?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:06 am

SirQEvidemment wrote:So would you like to explain your softclaim?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby Varanus » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:07 am

I WILL RECLAIM MY LANDS, AND TAKE BACK WHAT WAS MINE

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator

Next

Return to Game Threads