VFM26 | Game Over | Town Win

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: VFM26 | Day 1 | "Good To Go"

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:46 pm

here's my reasoning

either he's town but too busy to do anything right now, which means lunching him now instead of at *lo is better, or he's scum

and I mean, he's 3 hours ahead of me, he hasn't even let us know he's busy offline >.>
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby qwertyuiopl » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:48 pm

cmitc1 wrote:popies

U wot
Are you E?
qwertyuiopl
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby cmitc1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:50 pm

Tiltedcomedian wrote:here's my reasoning

either he's town but too busy to do anything right now, which means lunching him now instead of at *lo is better, or he's scum

and I mean, he's 3 hours ahead of me, he hasn't even let us know he's busy offline >.>

that isnt what scares me my dude, its the "if he isnt scum, its Kosmo". It sounnds like your preparing yourself.
cmitc1
Arsonist
Arsonist

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:09 pm

cmitc1 wrote:
Tiltedcomedian wrote:here's my reasoning

that isnt what scares me my dude, its the "if he isnt scum, its Kosmo". It sounnds like your preparing yourself.

?

process of elimination

I am town, one of murat and kosmo is mafia
murat is lunched, flips town
then kosmo is mafia
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby cmitc1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:11 pm

what im saying is, i get the vibe that your setting yourself up to push kosmo tomorrow.
cmitc1
Arsonist
Arsonist

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:39 pm

cmitc1 wrote:what im saying is, i get the vibe that your setting yourself up to push kosmo tomorrow.

oh I see what you mean

well in a sense yes, people were raring to lunch murat; I'm just following through on the next step if he flips town, because I really don't want a sheriff reveal over a 50-50 possibly WIFOM argument
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby eeelneekey » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:45 pm

Tiltedcomedian wrote:
cmitc1 wrote:what im saying is, i get the vibe that your setting yourself up to push kosmo tomorrow.

oh I see what you mean

well in a sense yes, people were raring to lunch murat; I'm just following through on the next step if he flips town, because I really don't want a sheriff reveal over a 50-50 possibly WIFOM argument

then wouldn’t it be better to get the right neighbour lynch the first time round?
is there a reason you’re scumreading one of your fellow neighbours over the other besides pure inactivity?
elle ~ she/they
Image Image

Spoiler: i mod longform mafia on discord! check it out at #mafiahub! Image
eeelneekey
Jester
Jester

Postby cmitc1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:54 pm

Tiltedcomedian wrote:

oh I see what you mean

fair.

I want to see more of the others, and you should tell us about the night chat.
cmitc1
Arsonist
Arsonist

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:57 pm

I'll reply to you both

it's kinda hard because murat basically said "I'm not mafia, how do I best figure which of Tilted and kosmo is trustworthy" and then disappeared

and kosmo and I exchanged some memes, she asked a question in the morning and I left a replying question to clear up what she meant

timezone issues maybe
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:59 pm

addend

first game with kosmo so ???.gif

and murat is effectively a nonpresence
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby MafiaMenace » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:50 pm

qwertyuiopl wrote:
MafiaMenace wrote:Nes (Maybe scum? Borderline null)

NesMettaur wrote:I like Ladd and Kosmo both for moving discussions along, I like Qwerty for how he responded to Jamez's post about not targeting neighbors, and I'm willing to extend Jamez some benefit of the doubt and say they're a town member that was just greatly overestimating how useful access to the neighborhood is outside of confirming yourself as a neighbor.

I don't have any scumreads so far but it does strike me as kind of weird that Tilted's the only neighbor yet that hasn't brought up the fact that they're neighbor (even in their brief "I'll catch up later" posts, you'd think it would warrant mentioning).

/vote Tiltedcomedian

If you look carefully you will notice this post carries no weight to it.
It’s almost empty.

Why? It says what Nes thinks of people and events. If anything is bad it's the tilted read. Like... People had already brought up the neighbour thing, why would they have to as well? Idk if tilted is town but that's a really bad reason to read them as scum.

Yes, but it feels empty, I mean look at it, yes it says what nes thinks of events, but it just doesn't do anything to push anything, just sitting around chiming in just so they can post something.
Spoiler: Image

You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby NesMettaur » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:25 pm

MafiaMenace wrote:
qwertyuiopl wrote:

NesMettaur wrote:I like Ladd and Kosmo both for moving discussions along, I like Qwerty for how he responded to Jamez's post about not targeting neighbors, and I'm willing to extend Jamez some benefit of the doubt and say they're a town member that was just greatly overestimating how useful access to the neighborhood is outside of confirming yourself as a neighbor.

I don't have any scumreads so far but it does strike me as kind of weird that Tilted's the only neighbor yet that hasn't brought up the fact that they're neighbor (even in their brief "I'll catch up later" posts, you'd think it would warrant mentioning).

/vote Tiltedcomedian

It’s almost empty.

Why? It says what Nes thinks of people and events. If anything is bad it's the tilted read. Like... People had already brought up the neighbour thing, why would they have to as well? Idk if tilted is town but that's a really bad reason to read them as scum.

Yes, but it feels empty, I mean look at it, yes it says what nes thinks of events, but it just doesn't do anything to push anything, just sitting around chiming in just so they can post something.
Felt kind of push-y to me, I meant it when I said Tilted's lack of presence to that point felt weird to me.

/unvote

Buuuuut that's since been fixed, so we're good. Tilted not giving a shit about the vote itself and caring more about stupid reasoning behind it is a good sign to me.
I'm starting to second-guess my Kosmo read since at this point Murat would be the easiest of easy targets to put a mislynch on, but at the same time... like, it's Murat and Murat hasn't posted much since the start so it might be good to just speed things along and knock one of the neighbors out of the way.

Only way the neighbor thing puts town at a disadvantage is if we mislynch both neighbors, otherwise it's either one scum down and two confirmed townies or a trade and one confirmed townie.
BtM Results
T3-Professor-4th(Poisoned)
T4-Barbarian-5th(Executed)
T5-Peasant-3rd(Executed)
T6-Programmer-12th(Forcefully Executed)
Christmas Event-Nutcracker Prince-1st
NesMettaur
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:14 am

Spoiler:
NesMettaur wrote:
MafiaMenace wrote:
qwertyuiopl wrote:

/vote Tiltedcomedian

It’s almost empty.

Felt kind of push-y to me, I meant it when I said Tilted's lack of presence to that point felt weird to me.

/unvote

Buuuuut that's since been fixed, so we're good. Tilted not giving a shit about the vote itself and caring more about stupid reasoning behind it is a good sign to me.
I'm starting to second-guess my Kosmo read since at this point Murat would be the easiest of easy targets to put a mislynch on, but at the same time... like, it's Murat and Murat hasn't posted much since the start so it might be good to just speed things along and knock one of the neighbors out of the way.

Only way the neighbor thing puts town at a disadvantage is if we mislynch both neighbors, otherwise it's either one scum down and two confirmed townies or a trade and one confirmed townie.

effectively if murat is lunched today and flips town, then neighborhood is effectively neutralized because I can't see that kosmo and I would talk to each other about the game irrespective of who is town and who is maf

and equally we should be treated as stumps with votes by everyone else because mafia won't be killing me because that would lock kosmo for the lunch, and town should be scumhunting in general and not tunneling on us

so there's that
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby ladd » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:11 am

I'll catch up in a bit, but I'll say that Murat not posting is a very very bad look for them.

obviously maybe they are just busy, it happens but yeah I really wish they posted more
ladd
FM Awards: Town

Postby Jamezbeast » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:57 am

I'm fine with a murat lynch today, I am still townreading kosmo, and whilst tilted does seem a little too defensive I'd say for now our best lynch option within the neighbours is murat.

Outside of the neighbours, the only post I've found the pings scum to me is this post below, and I'll explain why.

DoctorAzure wrote:Tbf I'd be okay with lynching a neighbor, but the mafia in the neighbors is much easier to narrow down than the non-neighbor mafia. I suggest we look for mafia in the non-neighbors, as the 2 mafia in this group would be much harder to find that the mafia in the neighbors.

The bolded part epitomises a scum tone to me, as it seems to be very sheepy "I'd be okay with" makes it seem as though they are distancing themselves from the lynch, which pings evil to me. And also seems convenient because if we lynch a neighbour they can distance themselves from the wagon to gain towncred.
Jamezbeast
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby ladd » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:45 am

NesMettaur wrote:For the record, assuming a mislynch every day Mafia'd win at earliest on D4.

But of course since we know who the neighbors are, as long as we get the scum from within there at some point Mafia's earliest win would now be at D5. Unless the ball gets dropped really hard along the way that should be plenty of time for us to scout out the non-neighbor mafia members.

NesMettaur wrote:Felt kind of push-y to me, I meant it when I said Tilted's lack of presence to that point felt weird to me.

/unvote

I think these are both good posts. If you want me to go in detail I will later but right now I am just trying to put down some reads cause I don't really have many.
ladd

Postby ladd » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:50 am

MafiaMenace wrote:Specific Post:
ladd wrote:hey

Who are the neighbours?

Could be scum trying to townslip, or just a townslip.
Because if Ladd was scum they can easily get this info from their scumbuddy.[/spoiler]

This is not a townslip and idk how you can think so.

MafiaMenace wrote:[*]Bad vote against Murat, the neighbours should discuss who they think is scum in their group, this actually helps Town!Ladd because if Ladd was pushing a ML by using the neighbours, then they would be helping PoE.[/list]

I don't get it, why do you think it's a bad vote? Also can you re write the second sentence cause I just don't understand what you are saying, thanks!
ladd

Postby ladd » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:53 am

MafiaMenace wrote:

/vote Tiltedcomedian

It’s almost empty.[/spoiler]

He gave townreads on me/kosmo/qwerty/jamez and votes tilted, what makes you say that it's empty?
ladd

Postby ladd » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:56 am

MafiaMenace wrote:LAS (I don’t fucking know)

Spoiler:
LargeAdultSon42069 wrote:
Tiltedcomedian wrote:At work will catch up later, ladd are you coaching man :p and FoS on all of you trying to start lunch on murat while I haven’t even been too active to look at neighborhood which is the reason for half of you two pushing

/vote Tiltedcomedian

scum motivated post

non-committal shadethrow designed to increase options and avoid culpability later

he was probably looking at mafia chat instead

I mean this is a pretty good post and all, makes me get a town-vibe.
But then when I actually first wrote down “Town” in the brackets above, I felt uneasy doing such.

MafiaMenace wrote:
MafiaMenace wrote:Qwerty (Town)

Spoiler:
  • Townie Motives.
That’s all I got. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Still enough for a townread though.

Fixed

I like these 2 a lot more than the other ones, not really for the conclusions but just due to how more genuine they felt compared to the others.
ladd

Postby ladd » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:57 am

polypies73 wrote:Ladd can easily be scum or town at this point. He plays well every game because he’s good at the game. Menace off to a good start. Kosmo likely town due to tone

This is probably townie? idk if it's just cause he is buddying me that I like it lol

what do you think was good about MM start?
ladd

Postby ladd » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:11 am

Tiltedcomedian wrote:don't focus so much on what's said as the intent behind it

elle for rn is town for me
shoutout to my man cmitc's whitelisting idea

so yeah I'll finish that whitelist thing up later tonight

why the bolded?

and what whitelist? I may have missed something.

Spoiler:
LargeAdultSon42069 wrote:i read a past game NFM53 where Jamezbeast was mafia and i noticed a very interesting early game post:
Jamezbeast, NFM53, Godfather wrote:Okay, here's my standpoint on all this.

I was clearly overenthusiastic about my first scumread and I can't figure out whether vet is a meme claim, for now I'll leave it at this.

Okay, the bandwagons.

MafiaMenace: I don't understand this one, yes, he has been pushing votes but I don't see any reason to scumread him.

Khaka: Hmm. Well he seems apathetic but is lynching an apathetic townie a good idea, for me this is a 50/50.

Jolik+Non: well... They clearly have some history, I'd like to see how they've played as town and scum before making a comment on this.

A couple of FM questions (sorry):
1. Do we need a D1 lynch? I don't understand how this benefits the town, even in FM.
2.Should we formulate a night plan for n1- this could help give us more of an idea who scum are.

This is just my viewpoint, and this is my first FM game lol

i believe this post almost perfectly epitomizes a scum mindset; note the wishy washy tone overall

he's not taking any definitive stances and his reads are clearly written to forward a concerted agenda

his read on mafiamenace is not a town read, but rather a 'not necessarily scummy' read, with the caveat of "yes hes been pushing votes". this is convenient for scum because he can reneg on his read later and keep him open as a suspect but try to buddy with him. also, from my understanding, his scumbuddy khakha1036 being pushed by the town, with mafiamenace as a potential counterwagon at the time, so in context the read was meant to indirectly imply that the people pushing mm were scum without saying it.

similarly with khakha read (who was his scumpartner) he gives this murky, shallow, empty read, which also allows him to reneg later in the game.

Jamezbeast wrote:I think our day 1 focus should for now be away from the neighbours, unless anyone thinks they can get a reliable read in day1. Lynching scum today would be a great start and I think we should be looking within non neighbors. Not really much to read from the posts below, but I read Ladd and kosmo as probably town (and assuming kosmo is town that does leave only two neighbors to lynch within).

Jamezbeast wrote:
ladd wrote:@Jamezbeast could you explain your kosmo townread?

Right now I'm townreading (in order from most confident town lean to least confident): Ladd, qwerty, kosmo, nes.

These are all early and fairly "gut" reads.

To explain more about my kosmo read, the self awareness to me doesn't seem out of the normal, and pings green to me based on what little I have read of kosmo it matches them as town.

I can elaborate on any of the reads above, but for now I haven't seen anything that screams out to me as scum.

in this game, james is a lot different. his overall tone has a lot more clarity, he makes firmer stances, and he doesn't seem to be posting with a specific agenda in mind.

Noted.

cmitc1 wrote:
MafiaMenace wrote:
cmitc1 wrote:im fine with lynching in neighbors. Math wise, probability of hitting scum is much higher.... and there outed anyway so there is no point in holding back now...

Bolded parts are what is bad in that post.
Feels sheepish.

unless im going crazy, im the first one to say that there is no point in not lynching there with them outed.

Tiltedcomedian wrote:don't focus so much on what's said as the intent behind it

elle for rn is town for me
shoutout to my man cmitc's whitelisting idea

so yeah I'll finish that whitelist thing up later tonight

for rn murat hasn't said anything the whole day in either neighbor chat or here, so yeah, am now comfortable lunching him first and if it isn't him it's kosmo

/vote murat

that line of thought scares me a little tilted.

i think popies is town.

I like this post as well!

and I am probably being too generous this morning lol

whatever I'll change my reads later if needed

DoctorAzure wrote:Tbf I'd be okay with lynching a neighbor, but the mafia in the neighbors is much easier to narrow down than the non-neighbor mafia. I suggest we look for mafia in the non-neighbors, as the 2 mafia in this group would be much harder to find that the mafia in the neighbors.

Could you expand on this?
ladd

Postby ladd » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:12 am

Tiltedcomedian wrote:effectively if murat is lunched today and flips town, then neighborhood is effectively neutralized because I can't see that kosmo and I would talk to each other about the game irrespective of who is town and who is maf

and equally we should be treated as stumps with votes by everyone else because mafia won't be killing me because that would lock kosmo for the lunch, and town should be scumhunting in general and not tunneling on us

so there's that

So what was that thing about coaching?
ladd

Postby ladd » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:00 am

Town:
ctmic
qwerty
eel
ladd
polypies

If you add the 2 neighbours who aren't scum, that would be 7 players so I am missing 3. Also not really sure on these reads cause I have put relatively little work behind them ( i shouldn't have joined 3 games at once :/ ).

I could also maybeee add Nes and if I was feeling very generous MM.

None of the neighbours have blown me away with their towness so a lot depends on which one of them is the scum, really.
ladd

Postby polypies73 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:01 am

qwertyuiopl wrote:
cmitc1 wrote:popies

U wot

Excatly what is this how dare you ree
E
polypies73
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ladd » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:03 am

ladd wrote:Town:
ctmic
qwerty
eel
ladd
polypies

If you add the 2 neighbours who aren't scum, that would be 7 players so I am missing 3. Also not really sure on these reads cause I have put relatively little work behind them ( i shouldn't have joined 3 games at once :/ ).

I could also maybeee add Nes and if I was feeling very generous MM.

None of the neighbours have blown me away with their towness so a lot depends on which one of them is the scum, really.

tbh I am not sure eel should be on that list.
ladd

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads