TFM63 | Stranger Things (Was a can but now a Town Win)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

TFM63 | Stranger Things (Was a can but now a Town Win)

Postby Schultz128 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:56 pm

All standard Forum and Forum Mafia rules apply. If you have not done so already, please familiarise yourself with these rules and the rules below before signing up.

Awards - This is not an official game, so official titles will not be rewarded.

Respect - At no point during the game should you be disrespectful to any other player. I will not tolerate any homophobic, racist, sexist, or any otherwise discriminatory behavior. If you’re stressing about the game too much, take a break and come back later. The game is meant to be all about fun, so don’t let yourself ruin that for others.

Gamethrowing - Any attempt to play against your win condition is forbidden, including jesting. All actions should be made with your faction’s best interests in mind.

Prohibited Activities - Under no circumstances should you engage in the following activities:
  • Spam - This includes excessive multi-posting, and unspoilered large images or blocks of text.
  • Codes - No codes can be used to transmit secret information, however signals can be used. Ask a mod if you are unsure of the difference.
  • Angleshooting - Do not used outside-game information to enforce an in-game argument, such as using a replacement as an argument.
  • Outside Communication - All communication should be made in the game-thread, or through another mod-approved medium (such as a mafia chat)

Inactivity - If you do not make any posts for 24 hours I will prod you for inactivity. You will have 12 hours to respond to the prod to avoid replacement. Two prods = automatic replacement.

Messages - Do not directly quote any messages sent to you privately by a mod. Additionally, you may not misleadingly modify a mod or other player’s message or post (paraphrasing is of course fine).

Etiquette - Please bold your votes and use appropriate titles in private messages (eg. TFM63 Night Action). Either always unvote or never unvote, it helps with consistency.

Flavour - This game uses flavor from the show Stranger Things and will spoil both of the current seasons. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read anymore! However, flavor arguments are likely pointless.

Fun - Chill out, play some Dig Dug, and have a can of Coke.

This is a Smalltown game - that is, all roles in the game are public knowledge, as well as who has each role. Alignments remain unknown and are distributed randomly. Roles will be chosen via a draft (see below). See TFM61 for a similar style of game.
Please note that because any role may end up with any alignment, this game is not guaranteed to be perfectly balanced.

Spoiler:

"I'm going to my friends. I'm going home."

= = =

You are apart of the Dungeons and Dragons party along with Mike Wheeler, Lucas Sinclair, Dustin Henderson, and Will Byers.

You five may communicate at any point during the game, although alignments are not confirmed to be the same.

---

Once, you may use your telekinesis to redirect another player's night action at night.

---

You start the game Bleeding. Anyone who visits you will Bleed.

"Friends don't lie."

= = =

You are apart of the Dungeons and Dragons party along with Lucas Sinclair, Dustin Henderson, Will Byers, and Eleven.

You five may communicate at any point during the game, although alignments are not confirmed to be the same.

---

Once, you may allow another player to join the party. They will gain access to the chat.

---

You start the game Weak Minded. Anyone who visits you will become Weak Minded.

"We have a lot of rules in our party, but the most important is, 'Friends don't lie.' Never ever. No matter what."

= = =

You are apart of the Dungeons and Dragons party along with Mike Wheeler, Dustin Henderson, Will Byers, and Eleven.

---

Once, during the day, you may shoot another player with your Wrist Rocket slingshot.

If they are a member of Hawkins, you will die. If they are from another world, they will die.

---

"You always say we should never stop being curious, to always open any curiosity door we find, so why are you keeping this curiosity door locked?"

= = =

You are apart of the Dungeons and Dragons party along with Mike Wheeler, Lucas Sinclair, Will Byers, and Eleven.

---

Once, at night, you may watch a player with your binoculars.

You will be informed if they are visited and who visited them.

---

"Sometimes the bad guys are smart too."

= = =

You are apart of the Dungeons and Dragons party along with Mike Wheeler, Lucas Sinclair, Dustin Henderson, and Eleven.

---

The first time you should die, you will instead die at the end of the next phase.

This does not apply to lynches.

---

"Maybe I am a mess, maybe I’m crazy, maybe I’m out of my mind! But, God help me, I will keep these lights up until the day I die, if I think there’s a chance that Will's still out there!"

= = =

Every night, you must target a player. You will bring this player home with you for that night.

---

"Sometimes, people don't really say what they're really thinking. When you capture the right moment, it says more."

= = =

Once, you may take someone's picture at night.

The flash will be bright enough to distract them from performing their night action, roleblocking them.

---

If Joyce Byers ever disappears from the town of Hawkins, you will perform her nightly ritual.

---

You start the game Weak Minded. Anyone who visits you will Bleed.

"I wanna finish what we started. I want to kill it."

= = =

Once, during the night, you may shoot another player with your gun.

Under normal circumstances, your target will die. Your shot does not pierce immunities.

---

"Mornings are for coffee and contemplation."

= = =

Although you're the town's sheriff, you have no motivation go and hunt for criminals in this small town.

However, you will gain that motivation if a condition is met.

---

You start the game Weak Minded. Anyone who visits you will Bleed.

"I may be a pretty shitty boyfriend, but it turns out I’m actually a pretty damn good babysitter."

= = =

Every night, you may visit a player.

If anyone attempts to kill them, you will scare off their attacker.

If you die, however, your killer will kill your target along with you.

---

"Totally Tubular."

= = =

Once per night, you may follow a player on your skateboard.

You will be informed of who they visit or if they visit at all.

---

"Max, you're a piece of shit, but we're family now whether we like it or not, meaning I'm stuck looking out for you."

= = =

Once, at night, you can get into your Camaro and leave this shitty town for the night.

No one will be able to target you for this night only.

---

"Sister?"

= = =

Your illusion powers allow to make your vote count for two during the day.

This will no longer work when there are only 5 players remaining.

---

You start the game Bleeding. Anyone who visits you will become Weak Minded.

"It's reaching out to you, because it wants you - it's calling you, so don't turn away from it this time..."

= = =

Once per night, you may send your soldiers to detain a player.

Your target will be roleblocked, but will also be protected from all forms of death.

---

You start the game Bleeding. Anyone who visits you will become Weak Minded.

• 72D/24N phases
  • Lynches are plurality based, however if majority is reached the day will end. A NoLynch will occur in the event of a tie at day-end.
  • All chats will remain open day and night
  • This game is explicitly bastard, unlike CFM12. The main bastard aspect of this game is unexplained/hidden abilities, occurrences, and mechanics rather than alignment conversions, post deletion, or lies on rolecards.
  • Alternate accounts are not permitted in this game.
Last edited by Schultz128 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Schultz128
FM Awards: Creator

Resources

Postby Schultz128 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:56 pm

1. gobln (Johnathan Byers)
  2. MafiaMenace (Eleven)
  3. Multiuniverse (Jim Hopper)
  4. Varanus (Nancy Wheeler)
  5. timurtheking (Mike Wheeler)
  6. RHawkeye (Max Mayfield)
  7. non271103 (Dustin Henderson)
  8. cmitc1 (Lucas Sinclair)
  9. MichaelgRook (Steve Harrington)

qwertyuiopl - Shot by Lucas Sinclair D1 - Beta Demogorgon
ryanyb - Lynched D1 - Will Byers
K1llthestory - Killed N1 - Joyce Byers
EvilDeanius0 - Lynched D2 - Alpha Demogorgon

Schultz128 (Host)

gobln moonbird
ryanyb
K1llthestory
MafiaMenace
qwertyuiopl
EvilDeanius0
Multiuniverse
Varanus
timurtheking hereisme
RHawkeye
non271103
cmitc1
MichaelgRook

The Disappearance of Billy Hargrove (D1 start)
The Death of Kali Prasad (qwerty Death)
The Murder of Joyce Byers (D2 Start/K1llthestory flip)
Last edited by Schultz128 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:38 am, edited 20 times in total.
Schultz128

Re: TFM63 | Stranger Things (Role Selection)

Postby Schultz128 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:02 pm

The selection order will go as follows:

1. cmitc1 (8 , 7)
  2. Varanus (1 , 1)
  3. RHawkeye (1 , 4)
  4. MichaelgRook (3 , 6)
  5. Multiuniverse (3 , 7)
  6. ryanyb (4 , 2)
  7. MafiaMenace (4 , 6)
  8. EvilDeanuis0 (2 , 2)
  9. moonbird (2 , 5)
  10. non271103 (2 , 7)
  11. K1llthestory (7 , 2)
  12. qwertyuiopl (7 , 3)
  13. hereisme (7 , 7)

You may now select your roles. One by one in the order above, please post what role you would like (see the role-cards section in the OP) and any introductory line you wish to make.

Please do not post if it is not your turn to pick or it will be deleted.

If you don't post within 24 hours of the last player's post when it's your turn, you will be replaced.

Available Roles:

Eleven
Mike Wheeler
Lucas Sinclair
Dustin Henderson
Will Byers
Joyce Byers
Johnathan Byers
Nancy Wheeler
Jim Hopper
Steve Harrington
Max Mayfield
Billy Hargrove
Eight
Martin Brenner
Last edited by Schultz128 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Schultz128

Postby cmitc1 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:57 pm

hey im first.

ill take Lucas Sinclair.
cmitc1
Arsonist
Arsonist

Postby Varanus » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:58 pm

Nancy Wheeler
You were expecting a decent signature...

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator

Postby RHawkeye » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:22 am

Max Mayfield, please
RHawkeye
[Forum Mafia XIII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIII] Winner

Postby MichaelgRook » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:41 am

Steve Harrington
I'm vibin to video game snow themes and I blame chemist
I'm a they/them Ice-type lover
MichaelgRook
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Multiuniverse » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:58 am

Jim hopper

Thanks parker for the gif and SuperDuper for suggesting rotational sig
Multiuniverse
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby ryanyb » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:38 am

Will Beyers
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby MafiaMenace » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:43 am

Eleven
Spoiler: Image

You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby EvilDeanius0 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:07 pm

Martin Brenner
FM Record: 39 - 61
EvilDeanius0
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral

Postby Schultz128 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:00 pm

moonbird wrote:Steve Harrington

This role is already taken.
Schultz128

Postby non271103 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:19 pm

Dustin Henderson
Official Member of the League of Losers™
Spoiler: Image
non271103
Survivor
Survivor

Postby K1llthestory » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:31 pm

Joyce Byers
Flow 2018 - Heroes only.

what are the 7 words to say?
K1llthestory
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby qwertyuiopl » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:08 pm

Eight
Are you E?
qwertyuiopl
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby hereisme » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:05 pm

Mike is alright :)
Who's the Wolf - mystery game with hidden WW attribute
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/vi ... 25&t=69984
hereisme
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Schultz128 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:12 pm

Roles and alignments are being distributed now. All players will have one of the two following win conditions:

You must eliminate any trace of the Upside Down from Hawkins.

You must achieve parity with the citizens of Hawkins.
Schultz128

TFM63 | D1 (The Disappearance of Billy Hargrove)

Postby Schultz128 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:15 pm

hereisme wakes up in the basement of his suburban '83 home, rubbing his eyes. It wasn't a very good night of sleep for him. His mood elevates when he sees MafiaMenace sleeping soundly in her little fort, curly hair growing soundly. He smiles and puts two Eggo waffles into a toaster plugged into the wall and runs upstairs to the sound of his mother's call. He runs into his sister Varanus coming out of the basement stairs and knocks her hairbrush out of her hand. She yells at him and initiates a screaming match until their mother comes in and breaks the two apart, sending them to the kitchen table for breakfast. hereisme quickly downs his breakfast and heads down to the basement to find an awake MafiaMenace munching on the waffles. hereisme grabs his radio and pulls MafiaMenace along, who desperately snags the other waffle for the trip. They hop onto hereisme's bike and speed off down the road. Meanwhile, Varanus walks out of their front door to get into the car of MichaelgRook, who is waiting outside of the former's house idly. They share a kiss before driving off to school.

Multiuniverse wakes up in their trailer from the sound of their alarm clock, hitting their head on the table near the couch they lay on. Groaning, he pops a pill into his mouth and gets on their uniform and belt, walking outside. He treks through the mud that accumulated from the previous night's rain and hops into their Bronco, lighting a cigarette as he drives off.

EvilDeanius0 calmly wipes away the shaving cream from his face, admiring his clean shave. He rinses off his razor and folds it closed, placing it inside of the medicine cabinet. He dons a suit and tie, then walks out the door to the power plant.

ryanyb gets on his bookbag and packs his walkie talkie inside, heading towards the front door of their house. His mother K1llthestory, badgers him along about remembering emergency contacts and numbers. He constantly assures he that he'll be fine. She reluctantly stops, but makes sure to remind him to go straight to school and home. He sighs and agrees, then goes outside and gets into the car of his brother, moonbird. Moonbird puts in a cassette tape as they drive off, leaving only the sound of 'Should I Stay or Should I Go?' by The Clash behind. K1llthestory stares on, waving, but then soon becomes shaky and walks away from the window, lighting a cigarette after three failed attempts.

cmitc1 is interrupted from flexing in the mirror by his little sister, who mocks him as being gay for staring at a boy flexing. He yells for her to shut up as he grabs his bookbag and pushes past her, heading outside and jumping onto his bike. He takes his Wrist Rocket, a slingshot in reality, and puts it into his bookbag as he speeds down the road to RHawkeye's house. She's waiting by the front door,
hoping to see her brother's Camaro speed down the road to take her to school. Billy was known to leave at nights, but he was always back by morning at least. She hears the familiar jingle of a bell as cmitc1 rides up, patting the back of his bike. She smiles and grabs her skateboard, putting it into her bookbag. She then hops on, riding with him down the road.

non271103 curses at the family cat, Mews, as it freaks out from non271103 stepping on its tail. Nursing the small scratch wound,
he runs out of his house and hops onto his bike, throwing away a 3 Musketeers wrapper into the trashcan as he rides by it. A minute later, 3 bikes and a car meet at an intersection. MafiaMenace smiles to see her friends while cmitc1 and non271103 throw banter at each other. ryanyb hops out of his older brother's car and hops onto the back of Dustin's bike, signalling for the kids to bike off to school. As they park their bikes and head inside, a lonely qwertyuiopl watches her sister MafiaMenace from the edge of the woods, a feeling of vengeance in her system.

All in all, it's another peaceful day in Hawkins.

Or....is it?

Multiuniverse, when arriving to the station, is ambushed by the parents of Billy Hargrove and Max Mayfield, reporting that their son is missing. Multiuniverse groans as he walks to the snack table and pours a cup of coffee, telling the parents to fill out some paperwork while he goes out to search. They give him the normal route of Billy's commutes and off he goes, lighting another cigarette. After about an hour of riding down the back roads of Hawkins, he notices a speck of blue in the greenery of the woods. He parks and steps out of his vehicle, heading down into a nearby ditch. There, he finds a shiny blue Camaro, crashed into a tree. The driver's door is open, the keys are still in the ignition, Metallica is still blaring from the radio, but no blood or Billy can be found.

Billy Hargrove has disappeared from the town of Hawkins.

The sun will set in 72 hours.
Schultz128

Re: TFM63 | D1 (The Disappearance of Billy Hargrove)

Postby Varanus » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:17 pm

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator

Postby ryanyb » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:18 pm

K
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby cmitc1 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:18 pm

day vig var.... y/y.
cmitc1
Arsonist
Arsonist

Postby ryanyb » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:19 pm

Heh I bleed so that var doesn’t get the satisfaction of shooting me, killing me instantly.

P-edit Moon, ???
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Varanus » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:19 pm

cmitc1 wrote:day vig var.... y/y.

Do it pussy

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator

Postby Varanus » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:20 pm

ryanyb wrote:Heh I bleed so that var doesn’t get the satisfaction of shooting me, killing me instantly.

P-edit Moon, ???

Taking Steve Harrington would have been better at deterring my shot tbh

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator

Postby qwertyuiopl » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:21 pm

Schultz128 wrote:As they park their bikes and head inside, a lonely qwertyuiopl watches her sister MafiaMenace from the edge of the woods, a feeling of vengeance in her system.

Ooh vengeance is fun
Are you E?
qwertyuiopl
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Next

Return to Game Threads