Forum Mafia 4D! (Mafia Wins!) "Explosive Anti-Heroes"

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: Forum Mafia Game 4D! (Day 1)

Postby Warpenguin55 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:52 am

Oh lol
Warpenguin55
Donor
Donor

Postby LordofFail » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:02 pm

girisawesomer wrote:The chances of you getting killed and cleaned N1 are insanely low, especially since you're a popular player likely to get protected.

That just made me more likely to die.

There are 2 protective roles. Odds are that the Mafia will not attack either of us because of this:

-they would not attack me because you know me role, and if there is a Janitor it is best to clean as early as possible, before the inevitable role claim of day 2 or day 3
-they would not attack you because you have been active and might get protected for being active

Mafia typically prefer to attack people who are quieter and have less of a chance of being protected - the lower the protection chances, the higher the likelyhood of a kill.

It would be great though if the NE died early - the NE can be quite the nuisance in the lategame, sometimes causing a mislynch or a wasted lynch...
"The Hardest Game to Win is a Won Game"

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby girisawesomer » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:10 pm

Well, hopefully.
girisawesomer
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby LordofFail » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:14 pm

girisawesomer wrote:Well, hopefully.

Thats all we can do is hope...

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby chitownmvp01 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:24 pm

Why are the odds for me 2/1? The person with highest odds probably wont die n1 or lord of fail could be suspected.
Spoiler: Image

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby chitownmvp01 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:01 pm

Which apparently that person is me. I want to know why.

Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby Nellyfox » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:05 pm

chitownmvp01 wrote:Witch apparently that person is me. I want to know why.

Fixed.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby chitownmvp01 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:06 pm

LordofFail wrote:
girisawesomer wrote:
LordofFail wrote:i) I never trust anyone other than myself for information
ii) I will always assume that you are lying about what you claim to be true unless you can prove it otherwise
iii) I will assume that everyone else is against my alignment unless I have some proven allies

iv) I will accuse those who are being agressive on the lynch
v) I will not reveal my role unless I am 100% forced to, although I will say that I am of the Town or Neutral alignment (although the Mafia knew this already, so I am only confirming what 4 people know)
vi) should a mass roleclaim occur, I will post my role in the thread, and not send it in a whisper.
vii) I wish to send someone my role in the event that I am attacked and cleaned tonight (if there is a Janitor, there is a distinct possibility that they will go after me as I have been around since Episode I where I got ObiWan the Godfather lynched (suck it Obi :twisted: ) and have hosted 3 games, so I have seen plenty of ToS FM. So, if you are of the Town or Neutral Benign alignment, whisper me with your role and I will respond with mine. If nobody whispers me, then I will choose someone at random to whisper my role and hope that I hit Town or Neutral.

Is it just me or is this entire thing a contradiction..

I don't mean to call you out or anything, but this makes no sense.

You Never trust info with anyone, nobody is in your alignment until proven and you won't reveal your role unless forced to.

So whisper me your role nonproven ally and Ill whisper you mine ^_^ kthx is basically what you just said. Can you please explain?

only in the event of a night 1 cleaning.

Send someone your role, I do not like that idea. What if you sent your role to a mafia member? Maybe it's okay if you are a less important town role. Or are you trying to make us "think" you are town? You are unproven and can be mafia, same for me and everybody else.

Chitsticks INC.

chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby ObiWan » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:19 pm

LordofFail is whispering to girisawesomer!
This was not the scumslip you were looking for.

Alzar wrote:there is no such thing as a meta, forum mafia is a lie, we are products of a confused society

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby LordofFail » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:21 pm

that awkward moment where i last logged in 75 minutes ago and now i have 6 unread PMs...

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Jomosensual » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:22 pm

Vote Warpenguin
Jomosensual
Donor
Donor

Postby Nellyfox » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:24 pm

Why do people keep voting, I'm so confused.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Jomosensual » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:26 pm

I have a question about the no game throwing rule. If a mafia member fake gamethrows or if a jester attempts to game throw to get himself hung, are they still DQd
Jomosensual
Donor
Donor

Postby chitownmvp01 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:47 pm

Jomosensual wrote:I have a question about the no game throwing rule. If a mafia member fake gamethrows or if a jester attempts to game throw to get himself hung, are they still DQd

If the answer is no, it would be a stupid idea to do so because we would know that the accuser is an obvious mafia or jester.

Chitsticks INC.

chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby chitownmvp01 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:48 pm

nellyfox wrote:Why do people keep voting, I'm so confused.

It's for fun, it means nothing.

Chitsticks INC.

chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:55 pm

Jomosensual wrote:I have a question about the no game throwing rule. If a mafia member fake gamethrows or if a jester attempts to game throw to get himself hung, are they still DQd

If something that may be considered gamethrowing can be rationalized as tactical, then the player is not DQd. However, the Mod in charge of the game will probably shit on him for horrid tactics XD

Note: when I speak in green font like this, I am speaking from the perspective of a Mod, not as a player.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby ObiWan » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:06 pm

You may not "fake" gamethrow. As in the Mafia cannot write in their death note/Last will that "so and so"
Is a member of the mafia. Or even in the thread itself. In my opinion any form of gamethrowing or "fake" gamethrowing ruins the game.

A jester outing himself as the jester is not gamethrowing unless he completly stops trying to get lynched. That is their goal. He can use outing himself as a strategy to get himself lynched. Outing yourself as any role is not gamethrowing.

In the end - if either I or Rick think someone is gamethrowing we will discuss it with this person - and deal with it appropriatly.

Here is the rule on gamethrowing that may clear things up for you -

-No Gamethrowing. By Gamethrowing, I mean giving away your fellow mafia players, or giving your role away because you don't like it and want to lose.
Examples of this include, but aren't limited to:
"Hey, I'm the Godfather and A and B are my teammates."
"Mafioso? Ah screw that just lynch me."

If something is gamethrowing or not is decided by the game moderator. Of course, you can claim any role you want, and you can even claim godfather or mafioso if that's your actual role. if that is part of a technique and not an attempt to lose, it is not gamethrowing.
It's also not gamethrowing if you admit that you're the mafia when the entire town already suspects you anyway.
Gamethrowing is only the act of deliberately trying to lose to ruin it for the other players.

Gamethrowing will get you blacklisted from future games, but WON'T get you removed from the current game, since removing you would just show everybody that you were telling the truth and ruin it for whoever comes to replace you.

Alzar wrote:there is no such thing as a meta, forum mafia is a lie, we are products of a confused society

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby NheroArconix » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:30 pm

And I'm back from school
We have serious discussion on day 1
What did nelly do.

/r/townofsalemgame Subreddit Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage
NheroArconix
Patron
Patron

Postby Jomosensual » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:34 pm

ObiWan wrote:

You may not "fake" gamethrow. As in the Mafia cannot write in their death note/Last will that "so and so"
Is a member of the mafia. Or even in the thread itself. In my opinion any form of gamethrowing or "fake" gamethrowing ruins the game.

A jester outing himself as the jester is not gamethrowing unless he completly stops trying to get lynched. That is their goal. He can use outing himself as a strategy to get himself lynched. Outing yourself as any role is not gamethrowing.

In the end - if either I or Rick think someone is gamethrowing we will discuss it with this person - and deal with it appropriatly.

Here is the rule on gamethrowing that may clear things up for you -

-No Gamethrowing. By Gamethrowing, I mean giving away your fellow mafia players, or giving your role away because you don't like it and want to lose.
Examples of this include, but aren't limited to:
"Hey, I'm the Godfather and A and B are my teammates."
"Mafioso? Ah screw that just lynch me."

If something is gamethrowing or not is decided by the game moderator. Of course, you can claim any role you want, and you can even claim godfather or mafioso if that's your actual role. if that is part of a technique and not an attempt to lose, it is not gamethrowing.
It's also not gamethrowing if you admit that you're the mafia when the entire town already suspects you anyway.
Gamethrowing is only the act of deliberately trying to lose to ruin it for the other players.

Gamethrowing will get you blacklisted from future games, but WON'T get you removed from the current game, since removing you would just show everybody that you were telling the truth and ruin it for whoever comes to replace you.

Ok. Thanks for letting me know. Sorry for asking noob questions, do go by the ToS rules for lynch(have to meet a certain number of votes, then vote inno/guilty) or is the highest vote getting when the day period ends the one who gets lynched?
Jomosensual
Donor
Donor

Postby SonOfAMedic » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:40 pm

Warpenguin55 wrote:Oh lol

That seems slightly disappointed that you can't vote for me.

*cough* asshole *cough* Nah, Im just kidding.
SonOfAMedic
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby NheroArconix » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:40 pm

Jomosensual wrote:Ok. Thanks for letting me know. Sorry for asking noob questions, do go by the ToS rules for lynch(have to meet a certain number of votes, then vote inno/guilty) or is the highest vote getting when the day period ends the one who gets lynched?

Once someone is voted up, they are killed, no guilty/notguilty. UNLESS there is a lawyer.

/r/townofsalemgame Subreddit Moderator
ImageImageImageImageImage
NheroArconix
Patron
Patron

Postby ObiWan » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:02 pm

Jomosensual wrote:Ok. Thanks for letting me know. Sorry for asking noob questions, do go by the ToS rules for lynch(have to meet a certain number of votes, then vote inno/guilty) or is the highest vote getting when the day period ends the one who gets lynched?

Once someone is voted up - if the majority is reached (we will let you know how many votes will be needed) - that person will be lynched. No matter if someone takes back their vote after majority is reached.

Unless a Lawyer activates their ability - then they will be put on trial.
Also - it's good to ask questions. I'd rather you do that then blindly guessing at what to do - that's no fun. Feel free to PM me/Rick if you have any concerns/questions

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby SonOfAMedic » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:02 pm

Warpenguin55 wrote:So i keep hearing about how last game broke. How did it happen? was somebody game throwing or something?

The vampire role is a horrible idea....

Lets just leave it at that.
SonOfAMedic
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby TheCow » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:07 pm

SonOfAMedic wrote:
Warpenguin55 wrote:So i keep hearing about how last game broke. How did it happen? was somebody game throwing or something?

The vampire role is a horrible idea....

Lets just leave it at that.

I don't know man, vampires are PRETTY cool...
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby girisawesomer » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:07 pm

Alright, LoF Ill believe you for now. Whisper coming back at ya
girisawesomer
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads