VFM 10| Game Over (Or is it?)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: VFM 10 (I am a Nerd)

Postby S0me0ne23 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:08 pm

townlean on understood
S0me0ne23
Lookout
Lookout

Postby UNDERSTOOD12345 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:08 pm

PurpleSidewalk1 wrote:
UNDERSTOOD12345 wrote:@Purple I wouldent read too much into it but basically yes.

See, in my humble opinion, town would be more likely to consider my fake scumread as a joke, while scum would get panicky we are getting into real discussion and maybe subconciouslly want to start the game sooner. It's like in a sporting match; typically, the nervous team will practice in silence the time before while the loose team is active and joking.

****This is really like a subatomic read and please do not read to much into it

You seem a bit nervous and wanting the game to start there yourself buddy.

I like you :D
- If any of you want to go to a couple of really decent a fun mafia sites that can actually improve your game, try mafiascum and mafiauniverse. Both very newbie friendly and awesome!
UNDERSTOOD12345
Medium
Medium

Postby UNDERSTOOD12345 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:10 pm

UNDERSTOOD12345 wrote:Maybe an unintentional reaction test. Not really sure, I didn't TRY to create a reaction test, idk. Like I said I think I try to read pyschologically into peopl. The way I scumreading is basically based of 1) How "forced" people's posts seem 2) how nervous people seem/unnatural (this can manifest itself ina lot of ways) 3) gutreads

Oh and 4) false logic. Forgot about that one
- If any of you want to go to a couple of really decent a fun mafia sites that can actually improve your game, try mafiascum and mafiauniverse. Both very newbie friendly and awesome!
UNDERSTOOD12345
Medium
Medium

Postby UNDERSTOOD12345 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:13 pm

S0me0ne23 wrote:townlean on understood

Why?
UNDERSTOOD12345
Medium
Medium

Postby S0me0ne23 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:15 pm

UNDERSTOOD12345 wrote:

Why?

because it looks like you're excited to start scumhunting and reading people
S0me0ne23
Lookout
Lookout

Postby PurpleSidewalk1 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:26 pm

ElderSivart wrote:
UNDERSTOOD12345 wrote:@Purple I wouldent read too much into it but basically yes.

See, in my humble opinion, town would be more likely to consider my fake scumread as a joke, while scum would get panicky we are getting into real discussion and maybe subconciouslly want to start the game sooner. It's like in a sporting match; typically, the nervous team will practice in silence the time before while the loose team is active and joking.

(removed a few empty lines off the quote because I didn't like how much space it was taking)

I'm pretty sure you literally just described a reaction test. I think the general consensus on them is that they don't work very well but I'm unsure.
Might be wrong on this though, I still consider myself an FM noob even though I have a few games underneath my belt.

Also I've decided RNG is a bad way to decide votes and NoMrNiceGuy literally hasn't spoken.
/unvote

I don't know ElderSivart very well, but this is a very nervous post indeed. xD And I feel stupid because I'm gonna say something similar to UNDERSTOOD in that I don't think this should carry very much weight, however, I see an issue with the way he backs off the RNG vote on NiceGuy. It just feels like he is afraid he will be called out for it. Again something really small, but you never know.

@UNDERSTOOD thanks I like you too you seem like me in my third game
Elastoid vs chittownmvp01 is TvS.
PurpleSidewalk1
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby UNDERSTOOD12345 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:29 pm

TheParanoidAndroid wrote:
S0me0ne23 wrote:
UNDERSTOOD12345 wrote:

Why?

because it looks like you're excited to start scumhunting and reading people

Thats NAI based on current meta (citation: NFM)

^

Someone seems nervous (no pun intended)
UNDERSTOOD12345
Medium
Medium

Postby UNDERSTOOD12345 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:30 pm

PurpleSidewalk1 wrote:
ElderSivart wrote:

(removed a few empty lines off the quote because I didn't like how much space it was taking)

I'm pretty sure you literally just described a reaction test. I think the general consensus on them is that they don't work very well but I'm unsure.
Might be wrong on this though, I still consider myself an FM noob even though I have a few games underneath my belt.

Also I've decided RNG is a bad way to decide votes and NoMrNiceGuy literally hasn't spoken.
/unvote

I don't know ElderSivart very well, but this is a very nervous post indeed. xD And I feel stupid because I'm gonna say something similar to UNDERSTOOD in that I don't think this should carry very much weight, however, I see an issue with the way he backs off the RNG vote on NiceGuy. It just feels like he is afraid he will be called out for it. Again something really small, but you never know.

Hey I didn't even catch that, I agree totally
UNDERSTOOD12345
Medium
Medium

Re: VFM 10 | Setup

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:32 pm

PurpleSidewalk1 wrote:
ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:
UNDERSTOOD12345 wrote:
PurpleSidewalk1 wrote:I know 8 out of 17 of you and I think one of those eight I have just met outside of FM, so it's nice to meet some of you. I'm Purple and you can not protect me and still win, but just because I'm untouchable. :> come at me scummies.

Can we not meme for more than one irl day? I have seen too many rushed D1 lynches on this site.

Fun fact, it's considered scum to post reads on Day 1. Who woulda thought

:?:

I believe it's called a maymay or wait that's not right a maryweather? No wait....

I'm pretty sure he's dead serious sadly

/ vote Olly

#fuckOlly

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9
FM Awards: Town

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:32 pm

Nvm lol

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Re: VFM 10| Day 1 (I am a Nerd)

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:36 pm

TheParanoidAndroid wrote:Wait ollys in this game?

Ok somehow I completely missed him on the rolelist.

ROFL Chubby are you still salty

I'm still salty about Episode X so I retain all right to salt

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:40 pm

TheParanoidAndroid wrote:Hey, I was salty for mafia and town so I can kind of see your point.

Firebrand for the ez shitter carry.

Will Chubby ever win an episode?
Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z (answer is no)

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby PurpleSidewalk1 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:43 pm

ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:

I feel you, I'm still salty about CFM18 where I was fucking modkilled for using my role in the best possible way even though it was LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE for me to win in the first place (Neutral Killing without night immunity in a game with like 5-7 kills per night).
ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:/ vote Olly

#fuckOlly

This I can get behind.

/vote Olly

@UNDERSTOOD I see in your NFM game that you read a few games and I also noticed you repeated my own opinion on hypoclaiming just wondering if that was actually from a game I was in? Also do you have any other games that are complete or in which you are dead?
Elastoid vs chittownmvp01 is TvS.
PurpleSidewalk1
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby UNDERSTOOD12345 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:45 pm

PurpleSidewalk1 wrote:
ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:

I feel you, I'm still salty about CFM18 where I was fucking modkilled for using my role in the best possible way even though it was LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE for me to win in the first place (Neutral Killing without night immunity in a game with like 5-7 kills per night).
ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:/ vote Olly

#fuckOlly

This I can get behind.

/vote Olly

@UNDERSTOOD I see in your NFM game that you read a few games and I also noticed you repeated my own opinion on hypoclaiming just wondering if that was actually from a game I was in? Also do you have any other games that are complete or in which you are dead?

Not sure I ever read your opinion on hypoclaiming. I was scum in NFM 40, that game is over, there is another current game I am dead in but I can't talk about it.
I read a few NFM's before that but I mostly said that for show to show I was dedicated little townie when I was really a nervous first time scum
UNDERSTOOD12345
Medium
Medium

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:46 pm

Purple that's not the least of it

>had town convinced he is town (GF claiming vet)
>townie feels bad for lynching someone proposing anti-me tinfoil
>lynches me as condolence

@TPA we have one more spot for circlejerking open

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby ChikolyOffensive » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:48 pm

ChikolyOffensive wrote:
ChikolyOffensive wrote:
Jezz92 wrote:Chikoly is town I feel

I haven't done anything...

Not accepting town read, clearly gamethrowing scum. Pls modkill lex.

You caught me TPA, lock me up.

Im not ready for that kind of roleplay yet b-baka hentai

Pervert.
"In and out, in and out."
ChikolyOffensive
Survivor
Survivor

Postby ElderSivart » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:49 pm

PurpleSidewalk1 wrote:
ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:

Yeah, between that role and how fast that game was moving, that's why I got out of there quick.
Sorry that you had to be the poor person who replaced me.

Also, that unvote... don't really know what to say about it. Just kinda felt bad about voting someone with no posts.
ElderSivart
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby ChikolyOffensive » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:50 pm

That's not a reason to unvote.
ChikolyOffensive
Survivor
Survivor

Postby ElderSivart » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:52 pm

TheParanoidAndroid wrote:Elder no ones going to judge you on fluffvoting and retracting it later. You acting suspicious about it however is

They were addressing it so I figured I'd say something.
ElderSivart
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby UNDERSTOOD12345 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:53 pm

ElderSivart wrote:
TheParanoidAndroid wrote:Elder no ones going to judge you on fluffvoting and retracting it later. You acting suspicious about it however is

U seem nervous and unnatural and forced /vote Elder
UNDERSTOOD12345
Medium
Medium

Postby ChikolyOffensive » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:53 pm

ElderSivart wrote:

No sane person "feels bad" for voting someone with no posts, not thus early in the game.
ChikolyOffensive
Survivor
Survivor

Postby UNDERSTOOD12345 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:55 pm

Its probably a little tick for me but I don't like the word "figured" here. It seems like an explanatory word that expresses a need to show why did something; its a word that does not express confidence; it is an excuse word. Hypothetical/non aggresive words are used by less confident people...
UNDERSTOOD12345
Medium
Medium

Postby UNDERSTOOD12345 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:56 pm

"They were addressing it so I said something" is more assertive and sounds less fake than

"They were addressing it so I figured I would say something"
UNDERSTOOD12345
Medium
Medium

Postby ChikolyOffensive » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:57 pm

Now that's just being nitpicky.
ChikolyOffensive
Survivor
Survivor

Postby ElderSivart » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:59 pm

ElderSivart wrote:

Wait quote me on who said something about it, I can't see it

Purple and Understood in the last 2 posts in this quote chain. That was it.
Spoiler:
UNDERSTOOD12345 wrote:
PurpleSidewalk1 wrote:
ElderSivart wrote:

/unvote

Hey I didn't even catch that, I agree totally
ElderSivart
Vigilante
Vigilante

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads