[Newcomer FM] NFM38 | Arsonist Wins! | Burn Baby Burn!

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: [Newcomer FM] NFM38 | Day 1 | Opening Day!!!!

Postby tardispaten » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:22 pm

Well, they should be prodded in a bit
I'm the alpha wolf with the howl that is worse than my bite!
A gentle, caring creature that will gladly be your companion or let you become part of the pack.

BtM: Main mask - The Wolf
Spoiler: Image

Death Note Moderator

tardispaten
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby Jezz92 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:39 pm

tardispaten wrote:Well, they should be prodded in a bit

Yeah in around 11 hours.
Jezz92
Godfather
Godfather

Postby chitownmvp01 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:52 pm

36 hours into the day is the earliest a player can be prodded for inactivity. That is at 1:30 AM CST (UTC-6), so I'll send out prods if necessary when I have time tomorrow.

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby HeavensDesert » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm

Sorry I took so long to arrive. Had a long day of work yesterday, but I am here now. So many votes already, sheesh. At least I didn't miss anything too big!
FM Record 0-0-0

Spoiler: NFM38 - Blackmailer- Lynched D5 - Arso Win
NFM39 - ongoing
HeavensDesert
Executioner
Executioner

Location: The Desert (No seriously, the barren land that is Arizona)

Postby Jezz92 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:59 pm

Welcome, HeavensDesert.
Still waiting on xAltaria and then that's everyone!

I'm off now, don't expect to see me for another 10 or so hours. Don't wagon vote me while I'm gone. ;)
Jezz92
Godfather
Godfather

Postby JamesD28 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:03 pm

/vote Jezz92 jk huehuehuehue

So uh... how are you all?

I can't find my FM record
You probably don't care anyway
JamesD28
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Postby chitownmvp01 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:10 pm

Vanquisher101 wrote:Btw @chit I unvoted.

Please bold my name when trying to get my attention. Otherwise, it's easy to miss. The last VC is correct.

Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby BS4125 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:12 pm

JamesD28 wrote:/vote Jezz92 jk huehuehuehue

So uh... how are you all?

I'm good thanks, waiting until something happens is like waiting for the frozen waterfall to thaw

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.

Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby chitownmvp01 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:16 pm

JuvenileFourtyTwo wrote:I thought I unvoted
/Unvote

The latest VC doesn't have you voting anyone, but heytheregirl17 is voting you. Did you read the VC backwards?

Chitsticks INC.

chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby heytheregirl17 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:19 pm

Vanquisher101 wrote:Lol I have caught up to the posts and have decided to not do what I just did. XD
/Unvote

Good choice. It looks real bad in context. Which it shouldn't; it's a meme vote. That's a little bit of towncred from me.

OllyRenard wrote:So why are you guys trying to quick lynch HeyThere again?

Decent question...

So the d1 plan we had in NFM36 is that we definitely claim RB'd. If we have a roleblocker confirmed, then and only then do we claim doused. We also eventually agreed to hypo all TIs.

Honestly, the only benefit I see to not hypoing is that it would conceal our TIs. However, the information we receive from the TIs is going to be vital. Besides, TIs receiving negative results should reveal anyway in order to get rid of the scum with minimal losses. The rolelist is pretty town-sided, so we aren't risking a whole lot by hypoing.
heytheregirl17 wrote:Y'all trust me when it comes to matters of protecting ourselves from aliens

I'm not sure whether that says more about me or you guys
heytheregirl17
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Location: respawining at phylactery, please wait... (CST, UST-6)

Postby TheWabbit » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:11 pm

heytheregirl17 wrote:Decent question...

So the d1 plan we had in NFM36 is that we definitely claim RB'd. If we have a roleblocker confirmed, then and only then do we claim doused. We also eventually agreed to hypo all TIs.

Honestly, the only benefit I see to not hypoing is that it would conceal our TIs. However, the information we receive from the TIs is going to be vital. Besides, TIs receiving negative results should reveal anyway in order to get rid of the scum with minimal losses. The rolelist is pretty town-sided, so we aren't risking a whole lot by hypoing.

Hypoclaiming slowly becomes a trend to every NFMs. The only advantage that I see to doing the aforementioned act is that the TIs have their own chances of sharing their feeds, as they leave a track of their findings. Since there's no Last Will on this game, the only way they could share their information is through sharing it directly on the day discussion.

Although hypoclaiming could help the town a lot, one must know that they don't red anyone unless they're a real TI.

TheWabbit
FM Awards: Mafia
FM Awards: Mafia

Postby Jezz92 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:17 am

Here’s some of my (extremely early) observations on a few people. They’re not reads per se, as there isn’t sufficient content for me to gage yet. But just some thoughts, which I prefer to share with the group rather than keeping them to myself!

Stri was very subtly defending heythere, when they were getting a lot of votes, and made a comment about the prospect L-3 at the early stages of day 1, implying it wasn’t the best thing to do. Now, this could be coincidental; he could have still reacted to a potential L-3 in this way no matter which one of us was being wagoned. In a way, I agree with the potential wagon that was going to occur against heythere being too soon. I do find he reacted quite dramatically though; heythere was only up to four votes with little chance of getting another vote any time soon. But again, that could have occurred with any one of us on the chopping block.

Tardis is making out to be an authority figure, suggesting early on that we get people to L-3 so we can get soft claims. So far, I’m kind of getting positive vibes from this kind of leadership, although he might be considered by some people (* glances to heythere and stri*) as a bit aggressive. I find it interesting that he soft claimed his role (TS), seeing as there was no pressure to do so; i.e., he wasn’t anywhere near danger of approaching a L-3 or L-2 situation. A ballsy move.

Juvenile is obviously a newbie, like a few of us here, but after his aggression towards lynching heythere (which I expect was completely random, of course), he made a passing statement saying that mafia will probably kill heythere to frame him. I don’t necessarily find this suspicious, but I think it’s important to keep this statement, and other that may occur in the future, in mind.

I’m not overly concerned by heythere’s original vote, which was for me; I was just curious as to their reasoning behind it, if any. It seemed like a genuine random day 1 vote, and the fact that I had already voted for them probably contributed to their choice. Nothing odd here; feels like a simple reaction vote.

I don’t know how I feel about TheWabbit yet, but I do sense a positive vibe from him at this early stage of the game. Same with Vanquisher and BS4125. All three of them are making and supporting suggestions in terms of nightly plans of claiming role blocked and posting hypo claims each day. To me, this seems like a good sign; having said this scum can just as easily support these ideas to blend in. It’s a bit early to tell yet.

Olly, James, xAltaria, Heavens, Dmsc, and SixtyNine are people I haven’t really got much idea on yet.
Jezz92
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Jezz92 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:26 am

Extra note (Probably means nothing but important to reiterate):

Both Vanquisher and tardis support the idea of taking haste and ending the day 1 sequence sooner than originally intended. I’m not….really sure…how I feel about this.

Is it a good idea? I don’t know. Maybe? Maybe not.

Day 1 misslynches are common. In fact, they pretty much always happen, from the archive game threads I’ve read. It’s not going to hurt the town too horrifically if we misslynch a citizen today. But…we do have time. We may as well use it, especially when we’re still in this unknown stage, with many people yet to post substantial content. So...what happens when we lynch a quiet person, who turns out to be a TP? Bad. We need to give others a chance, otherwise we could end up lynching a PR role before they can defend themselves.

FYI:
I am taking note of everyone’s voting trends (ie, original vote, change of vote, cancelling vote). Not too important at the moment, especially because many people haven’t even submitted a first vote yet.

I will be recording everyone’s hypos so I can refer to them easily, as well as soft and hard claims when more of them eventually come in.
Jezz92
Godfather
Godfather

Postby BS4125 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:42 am

Jezz92 wrote:Extra note (Probably means nothing but important to reiterate):

Both Vanquisher and tardis support the idea of taking haste and ending the day 1 sequence sooner than originally intended. I’m not….really sure…how I feel about this.

Is it a good idea? I don’t know. Maybe? Maybe not.

Day 1 misslynches are common. In fact, they pretty much always happen, from the archive game threads I’ve read. It’s not going to hurt the town too horrifically if we misslynch a citizen today. But…we do have time. We may as well use it, especially when we’re still in this unknown stage, with many people yet to post substantial content. So...what happens when we lynch a quiet person, who turns out to be a TP? Bad. We need to give others a chance, otherwise we could end up lynching a PR role before they can defend themselves.

FYI:
I am taking note of everyone’s voting trends (ie, original vote, change of vote, cancelling vote). Not too important at the moment, especially because many people haven’t even submitted a first vote yet.

I will be recording everyone’s hypos so I can refer to them easily, as well as soft and hard claims when more of them eventually come in.

All lynches give away information however, even a mislynch. If we look at who voted against the lynched target near the end with vague intentions then it's safe to assume that that's scum. Also, if a PR role is in trouble they can always hardclaim their role and you should never lynch a PR role

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.

Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby Vanquisher101 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:06 am

I said I suggest AGAINST ending the day before. That means I do not support the day to end sooner.

Don't look inside this spoiler!
Dammit, you looked inside this spoiler!
Don't you go assuming things now~!

I AM NOT A SMOL BEAN!
Vanquisher101
Jester
Jester

Postby Jezz92 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:13 am

Vanquisher101 wrote:I said I suggest AGAINST ending the day before. That means I do not support the day to end sooner.

My mistake. I apologise.
Jezz92
Godfather
Godfather

Postby tardispaten » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:12 am

So what are we going to do then. Just get together our ideas and then decide whether or not to end day eraly, lynch someone, that sorta stuff?
I'm the alpha wolf with the howl that is worse than my bite!
A gentle, caring creature that will gladly be your companion or let you become part of the pack.

BtM: Main mask - The Wolf

Death Note Moderator

tardispaten

Postby Vanquisher101 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:18 am

I am waiting for more posts to work on my reads. So I would like to ask everyone. Who do you think you should lynch? If you have anyone in mind feel free to share your thoughts and arguments. The town gets only a day chat to discuss things so we should utilize it to it's fullest.

I AM NOT A SMOL BEAN!
Vanquisher101
Jester
Jester

Postby Stri » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:22 am

I have a crazy busy day but tonight ill have some time. Expect a longer post with some very early reads from me in about 10 hours from now. I have the idea that some of you try ToS tactics here. Although there are some things that are the same, most ToS tactics do not apply to forum mafia.

Trying to end the day early is scummy. Town benefits from more discussion time. I know it might seem we have nothing to go on right now, but it just takes a while for discussion to get going. Usually it happens when people post a bunch of reads.
Stri
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Jezz92 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:26 am

Vanquisher101 wrote:I am waiting for more posts to work on my reads. So I would like to ask everyone. Who do you think you should lynch? If you have anyone in mind feel free to share your thoughts and arguments. The town gets only a day chat to discuss things so we should utilize it to it's fullest.

I don't really have an idea for a lynch target as of yet, but I'm concerned about the lack of posts from dmsc, sixtynine and olly. HeavensDesert has only posted once as well, but they joined us late so I expect they want to catch up a bit.
Jezz92
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Vanquisher101 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:32 am

Actually I am rather worried about dmsc as well. His only post consists of a vote on sixty nine which is rather strange.

I AM NOT A SMOL BEAN!
Vanquisher101
Jester
Jester

Postby Vanquisher101 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:35 am

Scratch what I said about dmsc. I am tired so I might have been seeing things. My apologies.

I AM NOT A SMOL BEAN!
Vanquisher101
Jester
Jester

Postby JamesD28 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:39 am

Vanquisher101 wrote:Scratch what I said about dmsc. I am tired so I might have been seeing things. My apologies.

Nah you're right, his ISO's just a vote against SixtyNine then nothing else. I agree it's kinda weird, but I wouldn't think too much into it.

I can't find my FM record
You probably don't care anyway
JamesD28
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Postby Jezz92 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:42 am

Also sixtynine's vote wasn't even a real one.

I expect the both of them will be prodded when xAltaria is.
Jezz92
Godfather
Godfather

Postby chitownmvp01 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:35 am

xAltaria, dmsc1999, and SixtyNine have been prodded for inactivity.

Chitsticks INC.

chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads