[Newcomer FM] NFM37 | Game Over | RIP that guy

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: [Newcomer FM] NFM37 | Day One

Postby destinycall » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:14 pm

Sadly, I'm at work right now.

I'll be off in a few hours.
destinycall
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby dapocalyptic » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:02 pm

O Hi whatcha want to talk about.
my hatching thingy
dapocalyptic
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby TheCheddarCheese » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:05 pm

Yo I got a lot of tests tomorrow. I'll be more active a couple days from now..
TheCheddarCheese
Veteran
Veteran

Postby destinycall » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:05 pm

If you guys want to discuss something game-related, you could post which players seem most/least suspicious to you right now.

It is tough to do much with so few posts by most people, but you gotta start somewhere.
destinycall
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby dapocalyptic » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:09 pm

Ok
my hatching thingy
dapocalyptic
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby BS4125 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:29 pm

tardispaten wrote:It so has. He voted me first and all of the sudden, it became raven

It was just to increase the amount of people voting, that's all. I wasn't making it so you'd be the first one lynched, someone just needs to put their foot down and get on otherwise we'll find that the Arsonist and Mafia will kill us all. I've played lots of ToV before so I know how this goes down (yes it's a bit different because there's no verdict on this which was one of the main features that you can gather information from) and generally voting for lots of people increases the chances of a Town win because the Mafia have to time to strategise.

IMO risking it and voting for someone is more useful than playing it safe and not voting for anyone as lynches can give you lots of information with who voted for who (generally people who don't vote for Mafia are Mafia members), can give you information that is 100% correct because everyone can see it straight in front of them and speed up the game so the Arsonist can't plan ahead with who to douse and the Mafia can't plan with each other who to kill

If you really want me to I'll withdraw my vote, I don't want to be on people's bad sides especially in a game like this

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.

Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby TheWabbit » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:37 pm

Exonerate me for not participating actively on the game, as I have been doing a lot outside the forums and ToS lately. I guess I have to justify the reason I voted for Wildraven.

As the game started, I haven't acted that much, as I still have to make sure my first game doesn't really go all awry and bad. I decided to stay low first, try to detect speech patterns, and as far as the game went for now, it seemed that Wildraven had the most superfluous reaction when they was voted up by some of the players.

TheWabbit
FM Awards: Mafia

Postby dapocalyptic » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:39 pm

BS4125 wrote:
tardispaten wrote:It so has. He voted me first and all of the sudden, it became raven

It was just to increase the amount of people voting, that's all. I wasn't making it so you'd be the first one lynched, someone just needs to put their foot down and get on otherwise we'll find that the Arsonist and Mafia will kill us all. I've played lots of ToV before so I know how this goes down (yes it's a bit different because there's no verdict on this which was one of the main features that you can gather information from) and generally voting for lots of people increases the chances of a Town win because the Mafia have to time to strategise.

IMO risking it and voting for someone is more useful than playing it safe and not voting for anyone as lynches can give you lots of information with who voted for who (generally people who don't vote for Mafia are Mafia members), can give you information that is 100% correct because everyone can see it straight in front of them and speed up the game so the Arsonist can't plan ahead with who to douse and the Mafia can't plan with each other who to kill

If you really want me to I'll withdraw my vote, I don't want to be on people's bad sides especially in a game like this

The whole point of the first day is to make friends and enemies.
my hatching thingy
dapocalyptic
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby TheCheddarCheese » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:42 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure making enemies is what you don't want to do on the first day..
TheCheddarCheese
Veteran
Veteran

Postby TheWabbit » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:43 pm

TheCheddarCheese wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure making enemies is what you don't want to do on the first day..

True, true. It seems to be one of the most experimental stages of the game, whereas you have to familiarize yourself with the way others respond to different types of information.

TheWabbit

Postby dapocalyptic » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:47 pm

If you don't want to make enemies you have to stay neutral I am and I'm not making any friends either.
my hatching thingy
dapocalyptic
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby dapocalyptic » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:58 pm

Wildraven wrote:My few thoughts:

TheBooty
I think he is a town member, because he tried to cool me down and he acts like a town and he's nice. He may have a PR.

dapocalyptic
I think he is a citizen. He doesn't have any ability so he can only talk. And he does. He talks a lot because he wants to have fun from the game and that's the only thing he can do while being a citizen. He's annoying sometimes with his spamming and his posts look childish but he's harmless.

destinycall
He wants to lynch, but he writes a long post about why he wants that. Either he's a PR town or he's a scum pretentind to be a town and he does it really good. I think he may actually be a good town "disguiser" :)
His posts are so long and he posts them so often... All new players would fall into thinking that he's a pro town guy, because he's so awesome and stuff. I will be careful.

dapocalyptic wrote:
Wildraven wrote:BS4125 is scared of votes against him, that's why he voted on me - just to get someone lynched instead of himself. Pathetic.

Well Wildraven BS4125 was just following the hype train.

I will start taking sides now to stir up the drama you know.

Also im home from school now.

But why me? It was like one of us would be lynched, because we had most votes and by voting me he tried to save himself. And why would he do that if he wasn't really sure about me being a scum? Why would he try to lynch someone who can be a town? Few people told about rethinking before voting because it may end bad, either by misslynch or hammering. And he just threw a vote on me without saying a one word after it. That makes me think he's a scum.

O You call me annoying I tried to stay neutral but you've taken it TO far this time.
my hatching thingy
dapocalyptic
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby dapocalyptic » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:00 pm

You're the one that's childish ask anyone. I need to stop hate posting otherwise, I will be childish
my hatching thingy
dapocalyptic
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby dapocalyptic » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:04 pm

I'll work on an analysis of everyone.
my hatching thingy
dapocalyptic
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby TheCheddarCheese » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:11 pm

I agree with Dapo being town, feel like if he was mafia he wouldn't be talking as nearly as much.
TheCheddarCheese
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dapocalyptic » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:20 pm

Wildraven

Quick Note about Wildraven: I AM DISPLAYING NEUTRALITY FOR EVERYONE BUT HIM.
I think Wildraven is most likely town. A salty town but a town. He may be a mafia or arsonist but it's unlikely.
Town:75%
Mafia:20%
Arsonist:5%
my hatching thingy
dapocalyptic
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby dapocalyptic » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:21 pm

That's my evaluation on Wildraven
my hatching thingy
dapocalyptic
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby dapocalyptic » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:22 pm

Next up OLLYRENArD! :)
my hatching thingy
dapocalyptic
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby dapocalyptic » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:28 pm

OllyRenard

OllyRenard is playing defensive all the time and only speaking when claims are made against him. I personally belive he is a scum.

Town:20%
Mafia:50%
Arsonist:30%
my hatching thingy
dapocalyptic
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby dapocalyptic » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:29 pm

WildRaven your thoughts on the analysis
my hatching thingy
dapocalyptic
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby dapocalyptic » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:35 pm

Just so you know I'm not changing my vote there is still on my review 25 percent scummy
my hatching thingy
dapocalyptic
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby melanora » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:39 pm

As destiny pointed out, but also to clarify - I'm quite literally here to help you guys out. I do have the rolelist, but I literally saved it to my google drive, and moved on. I'm an impartial voice. I'm here to answer your questions. If you have them, ask them. I'm literally here to help teach you all.

PLEASE ask questions - you will get more out of it.

Just
@Melanora and I'll answer every time.
#overthrowthepatriarchy #babyforfmmod
I'm not a fucking gmod. Don't send me shit about your ban appeal.

FM Record
Spoiler: Image
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby melanora » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:41 pm

She's currently asleep. We had a busy day at the zoo, so she's tuckered out.
#overthrowthepatriarchy #babyforfmmod
I'm not a fucking gmod. Don't send me shit about your ban appeal.

FM Record
Spoiler: Image
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby destinycall » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:35 am

TheWabbit wrote:
TheCheddarCheese wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure making enemies is what you don't want to do on the first day..

True, true. It seems to be one of the most experimental stages of the game, whereas you have to familiarize yourself with the way others respond to different types of information.

Yeah. Since social interactions are such a huge part of the game-play in Forum Mafia, there's a whole bunch of unspoken rules that create a kind of "Town etiquette". Stepping out of this etiquette tends to get you in trouble with other players, under suspicion of working against the Town's best interest. Inexperienced players make a lot of unintended mistakes and social gaffs that can be misread as intentionally scummy behavior. Some stuff is pretty obvious or makes sense once it is explained to you. Other stuff is pretty counter-intuitive, like how Day 1 lynching is usually ProTown or how role-fishing is pretty AntiTown. It takes a while to figure it all out, but you will get there eventually.

NFM is a little different from a normal FM game, because there are many more new players and we are all learning how to play. It is a good place to practice your "etiquette" so you don't embarrass yourself (and get lynched) in later games.

dapocalyptic wrote:If you don't want to make enemies you have to stay neutral I am and I'm not making any friends either.

Unfortunately, there is no "neutral ground" in Forum Mafia. Eventually you have to pick a side ... or people will start wondering if you are Neutral instead of Town. ;)

But seriously, it is almost impossible to play this game without some kind of conflict. Scum-hunting players will pick apart your posts and judge your intentions relentlessly. Doesn't matter what you do or what you don't do. You will be called "scum" or "scummy" at least once, probably multiple times, guaranteed. And it is very hard not to take it personally when the Town is looking at you with suspicion. It can be really stressful if you are not mentally prepared for it. And if you are doing your job right, you will be doing the same thing to them, trying to find the people who SHOULD be called out for being Scum. Just try to remember that this is all a game and keep things respectful. It's kind of challenging to call someone "scummy" in a polite way, but worth the extra effort, imo.
destinycall
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby destinycall » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:57 am

Wildraven wrote:destinycall
He wants to lynch, but he writes a long post about why he wants that. Either he's a PR town or he's a scum pretentind to be a town and he does it really good. I think he may actually be a good town "disguiser" :)
His posts are so long and he posts them so often... All new players would fall into thinking that he's a pro town guy, because he's so awesome and stuff. I will be careful.

In my first game most people's reads on me were "Probably a Witch". I must be doing something right if I've moved up to Suspiciously Pro Town Guy (or in my case, it should be Pro Town Girl).

And on that note, I'd like to talk about role-fishing and soft-claiming.

"Role-fishing" refers to subtle (or not so subtle) attempts to solicit information about another person's exact role, especially TOWN roles. This is usually an intentional act by Scum players trying to hunt down PRs and identify Citizens, but new players sometimes accidentally help Scum by speculating on another player's roles or suggesting possible roles based on their behavior. This kind of speculation is frowned upon because it benefits Scum more than Town by potentially exposing important Town roles prematurely. If you are Town, it is better to focus on ALIGNMENT (Town/Mafia/Neutral) rather than ROLE (PR/Citizen/etc) when you are making reads. Suggesting someone is acting like a "Citizen" is a bad idea. But saying you think they are acting like a Town player is fine. That doesn't give anything away. Try to avoid pointing out specific roles.

Wildraven wrote:TheBooty
I think he is a town member, because he tried to cool me down and he acts like a town and he's nice. He may have a PR.

dapocalyptic
I think he is a citizen. He doesn't have any ability so he can only talk. And he does. He talks a lot because he wants to have fun from the game and that's the only thing he can do while being a citizen. He's annoying sometimes with his spamming and his posts look childish but he's harmless.

Feel free to keep track of your personal ideas regarding other people's exact roles, but please don't include them in your Reads list when you post it for everyone to read. You may have picked up on something that the Mafia/Arsonist didn't notice. By pointing out these hints, you might be increasing the likelihood of a valuable player getting targeted by Scum during the night. It also encourages others to comment on your role speculation and that can lead to the player slipping up and providing even more information regarding their role. This is bad. Try to avoid doing this and don't encourage other players to hunt for PRs/Citizens. That's the Mafia's job, not Town.
destinycall
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads