SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Minority Wins

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby TheCow » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:04 pm

ShortcutButton wrote:
IAmAMunchlax wrote:oshit im being roasted.

IAmAMunchlax wrote:
Hiphoplog wrote:/daydouse Munch


oh shit im being literally roasted.

Also I take back what I said about the votes being hidden because of a double voter, it seems dumb to hide the votes because of that.

something about it goes like "oshit I'm being roasted haha... this is a meme right?" nervousness would be the right word.

and of course the classic Wisconsin take-back

and if Staa wants to give me his perspective he is welcome to do so

I see. I saw the former more of how I would normally approach being scum read -- ignoring it. That said, I'll concede that he could do that as scum because it's what I would do as scum, and isn't all that great one way or another. I'm going to reread a couple games after work, and I'll get back to you with what I find. If I recall correctly, he has a few scum games that fit situations like this. I'll see if it jibes.

The second half, I doubt. It looks like setspec to me.
Erravi wrote:
TheCow wrote:
Erravi wrote:
TheCow wrote:Hmm, if Short has a lack of confidence, that must make you an overweight fifteen year old girl with daddy issues and a free supply of twinkies.

This whole argument here can easily be turned on its head or against you. Dubious at best.


Close, but it's my mother. And if you believe the circumstances to be similar, then you aren't seeing the full picture.


Quite a save, FML. But equally, that same argument could be pressed onto many of the votes here. Should it stand with this many people to choose from?

Enlighten me.


A statement best asked tomorrow.

Oh, it seems that you are the one misinterpreting me. I'll clear up this misunderstanding after work when I have more time.
User avatar
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
 
Posts: 2335
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 6:30 pm

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:05 pm

Spoiler:
Erravi wrote:Quite a save, FML. But equally, that same argument could be pressed onto many of the votes here. Should it stand with this many people to choose from?

I just read Short's post and put it in my own words. I didn't "save" him nor did I ever agree with his argument. However he's not contradicting himself. Your posts seemed to heighten the severity of the situation by misrepping him. From my perspective I simply don't like Short's vote and I think he's very inadequate with FM terminology.

STAA wrote:Are we now dismissing my reasoning of it was a gut feeling?

Honestly I don't think anyone thinks you're distancing except Short and he's getting a brutal butt pounding because of it.

TheCow wrote:I don't feel like lynching FML. That's a good sign, I think.

Smooth. I'll spare you. ;)
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Image
Trolled by the League of Losers
Spoiler:
User avatar
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort
 
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:21 am
Location: In the backyard digging up the preschoolers I strangled back in the 90s.

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby TrueGent » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:08 pm

STAA wrote:
TheCow wrote:
STAA wrote:
FMLSheWas12 wrote:
Erravi wrote:Secondly, 'they are distancing without a valid reason' is contradictory and shows little thought.

You interpreted Short wrong. To my understanding he believes that STAA voted Mel for no reason and there's no town perspective. He also thinks they're distancing.


Are we now dismissing my reasoning of it was a gut feeling?

And does anyone have a problem if I actually am distancing?

And why aren't we bothering to ask the one person who knows the answer to me distancing?

Pussyfooting won't do anyone any good. If you want to say something, say something. This post makes little sense on a lot of levels -- scum or town.


I did. I'm just wondering why we're going to bother arguing if I'm distancing myself from Mel, and NOT bother asking me if I am. If you want me to make it any more simplistic I will:

I'm asking in response to FML if s/he's dismissing me saying I voted Mel because of a gut feeling.

I'm asking the group as a whole if anyone has a problem with me/me distancing, if I truly am.

And finally, see the very top part.

How does town distance?
she/her
User avatar
TrueGent
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:54 am
Location: Sometimes. (GMT)

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby TrueGent » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:08 pm

SirCakez wrote:Cyantic translate your posts into English thanks
Gent/cow might actually be town

we did it reddit
she/her
User avatar
TrueGent
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:54 am
Location: Sometimes. (GMT)

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby TrueGent » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:09 pm

ShortcutButton wrote:
IAmAMunchlax wrote:oshit im being roasted.

IAmAMunchlax wrote:
Hiphoplog wrote:/daydouse Munch


oh shit im being literally roasted.

Also I take back what I said about the votes being hidden because of a double voter, it seems dumb to hide the votes because of that.

something about it goes like "oshit I'm being roasted haha... this is a meme right?" nervousness would be the right word.

and of course the classic Wisconsin take-back

and if Staa wants to give me his perspective he is welcome to do so

I dont see it
she/her
User avatar
TrueGent
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:54 am
Location: Sometimes. (GMT)

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby TrueGent » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:10 pm

like idk what you would expect munch to do there tbh
she/her
User avatar
TrueGent
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:54 am
Location: Sometimes. (GMT)

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby STAA » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:11 pm

ShortcutButton wrote:
STAA wrote:
FMLSheWas12 wrote:
Erravi wrote:Secondly, 'they are distancing without a valid reason' is contradictory and shows little thought.

You interpreted Short wrong. To my understanding he believes that STAA voted Mel for no reason and there's no town perspective. He also thinks they're distancing.


Are we now dismissing my reasoning of it was a gut feeling?

And does anyone have a problem if I actually am distancing?

And why aren't we bothering to ask the one person who knows the answer to me distancing?

I have a problem with distancing

What a strange thing to ask. It's like you know mela knows something.


Your complaints can be sent to the Complaint Department, it's uhm, just down the hall and the... Oh, I forgot, they stopped funding it. Soz.

I find it interesting that people are trying to speculate if I'm distancing without asking the person who knows the answer to that question, and I don't know what Mela knows.


Also, Gent, it's been like 2-3 years since I last played Forum Mafia, and honestly, I'm not entirely sure if I am distancing or not. I voted Mela because I have a gut feeling she's scum.
User avatar
STAA
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:32 pm
Location: Oclax (CST)

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby ShortcutButton » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:11 pm

oh I love butt poundings
User avatar
ShortcutButton
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1329
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:48 pm

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:12 pm

STAA wrote:I'm asking in response to FML if s/he's dismissing me saying I voted Mel because of a gut feeling.

Okay the problem here is I'm not dismissing anything. I accepted your reason. You need more context before looking at one post I made and deriving assumptions.
@TheCow I think STAA is asking vague questions because he's really caught up with the thread fully.

ShortcutButton wrote:something about it goes like "oshit I'm being roasted haha... this is a meme right?" nervousness would be the right word.

I don't think anyone would be realistically threatened by a public daydouse. Neither by being called a bad player. He said this on Day 3 for christs sake.
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Image
Trolled by the League of Losers
Spoiler:
User avatar
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort
 
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:21 am
Location: In the backyard digging up the preschoolers I strangled back in the 90s.

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:14 pm

Goy a rolecard my ass
Image

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Image
Federico Decandia
Image
Clayton (Briah)
Image
Gebura Briah
User avatar
ChubbyMooshroom9
FM Awards: Town
FM Awards: Town
 
Posts: 1375
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:31 pm
Location: Ethiopia

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:15 pm

STAA wrote:Also, Gent, it's been like 2-3 years since I last played Forum Mafia, and honestly, I'm not entirely sure if I am distancing or not. I voted Mela because I have a gut feeling she's scum.

The act of distancing is when one mafia scum reads another mafia partner. This is done to further the idea that neither of these players are associated.
If you are town then you cannot distance with another player because distancing is done to remove possible evidence of association (between mafia buddies.)
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Image
Trolled by the League of Losers
Spoiler:
User avatar
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort
 
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:21 am
Location: In the backyard digging up the preschoolers I strangled back in the 90s.

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby ShortcutButton » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:15 pm

With munch - Wasn't there a slip somewhere in there about something, by the by? I'd need to look at that but it could be the cause of the nervousness.
User avatar
ShortcutButton
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1329
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:48 pm

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby STAA » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:16 pm

FMLSheWas12 wrote:
STAA wrote:I'm asking in response to FML if s/he's dismissing me saying I voted Mel because of a gut feeling.

Okay the problem here is I'm not dismissing anything. I accepted your reason. You need more context before looking at one post I made and deriving assumptions.
@TheCow I think STAA is asking vague questions because he's really caught up with the thread fully.

ShortcutButton wrote:something about it goes like "oshit I'm being roasted haha... this is a meme right?" nervousness would be the right word.

I don't think anyone would be realistically threatened by a public daydouse. Neither by being called a bad player. He said this on Day 3 for christs sake.


What do you mean by me being "really caught up with the thread fully?"

Judging by one of your responses it would have seemed that you were. I'll go with what you said tho.

In that case I'm not. It's been too long since I last played. I just have a gut feeling that she's scum.
User avatar
STAA
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:32 pm
Location: Oclax (CST)

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby SirCakez » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:16 pm

This game is being painful to read already
Image

Image

Gobln wrote:FurCakez isn't so great? Are you kidding? When was the last time you saw a player with such an ability in Forum Mafia? Cakez takes the game in another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a player with his skill and passion for the game again. gobln breaks records. FurCakez breaks the rules.
User avatar
SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
 
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:44 pm
Location: Above the clouds <3

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:17 pm

Erravi wrote:
ShortcutButton wrote:They both imply a general scumread on each other and my miswording of the situation does not matter

They are distancing without a valid reason


You miswording it seems to imply a certain lack of... confidence. How sure are you, really? Because you have every indication of 'not being sure at all'. The second sentence just further backs that assessment up - if he's distancing from Mela, then surely ensuring a degree of separation is enough of a reason, yes? And then you follow it up on a vote on... STAA, instead of Mela to verify this distancing.

... and you call my posts painful

then again I'm pretty tired so I'm having difficulty parsing through this thread with all of the TrueGents :v

Anyways TrueGent #1 why are you defending people early on, are you scum again? :>

Short I fail to see where in the zero posts mel has made mentioning STAA that she distanced from him.


STAA wrote:Want some ice with that burn?

How did I miss this beforehand?
I'm not for sale >:(

P-Edit
ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:Goy a rolecard my ass

Didn't you say that in 10E?
Didn't you have it there too? :roll:

P-P-Edit
what Sir said
Spoiler: Image

in the distance the shelves
rode three shadows of blue
User avatar
ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
 
Posts: 3067
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:50 pm
Location: Eastern Time

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby STAA » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:17 pm

SirCakez wrote:This game is being painful to read already


It is getting to that point. Hopefully I don't have a repeat of what was my last true game of Forum Mafia.
User avatar
STAA
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:32 pm
Location: Oclax (CST)

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby ShortcutButton » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:19 pm

Reread, ICE. STAA is the one mentioning mel.
User avatar
ShortcutButton
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1329
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:48 pm

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby IAmAMunchlax » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:20 pm

I was mostly laughing at you guys calling me trash in the first "im being roasted" post, i don't see how someone could be nervous from that.
User avatar
IAmAMunchlax
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner
 
Posts: 1444
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:11 pm
Location: ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:20 pm

I didn't. In either. I was given my rolecard 1/2 through D2
Image

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Image
Federico Decandia
Image
Clayton (Briah)
Image
Gebura Briah
User avatar
ChubbyMooshroom9
FM Awards: Town
FM Awards: Town
 
Posts: 1375
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:31 pm
Location: Ethiopia

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby STAA » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:22 pm

I don't think I did either Munchlax. I just asked if you wanted some ice. ;)
Hi yes, I am a furry. Deal with it.

It's funny how people's emotions and outlooks can be changed by a few kind words from a few kind souls.

FM Record:
2-6-2 (game canned)
Spoiler: Image
User avatar
STAA
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:32 pm
Location: Oclax (CST)

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:23 pm

STAA wrote:What do you mean by me being "really caught up with the thread fully?"

You said something about half paying attention to posts.

STAA wrote:Judging by one of your responses it would have seemed that you were. I'll go with what you said tho.

My one response is just paraphrasing another player's statement, because it needed clarifying.
Sure, it'd be a great help if you reread the tread again whenever you have the time to do so.
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Image
Trolled by the League of Losers
Spoiler:
User avatar
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort
 
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:21 am
Location: In the backyard digging up the preschoolers I strangled back in the 90s.

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:24 pm

ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:I didn't. In either.

Uhhhh

ShortcutButton wrote:Reread, ICE. STAA is the one mentioning mel.

Is the miswording referring to the term "they" then?
What stands out with STAA's vote compared to others (like Sir's and I think Erravi voted mel as well)?
Spoiler: Image

in the distance the shelves
rode three shadows of blue
User avatar
ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
 
Posts: 3067
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:50 pm
Location: Eastern Time

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby STAA » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:25 pm

FMLSheWas12 wrote:
STAA wrote:What do you mean by me being "really caught up with the thread fully?"

You said something about half paying attention to posts.

STAA wrote:Judging by one of your responses it would have seemed that you were. I'll go with what you said tho.

My one response is just paraphrasing another player's statement, because it needed clarifying.
Sure, it'd be a great help if you reread the tread again whenever you have the time to do so.


I was half paying attention, and I have been reading the posts. It's been a while, and I've always sucked at interpretations online.
User avatar
STAA
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:32 pm
Location: Oclax (CST)

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby SirCakez » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:28 pm

I didn't vote me ICE
Image

Image

Gobln wrote:FurCakez isn't so great? Are you kidding? When was the last time you saw a player with such an ability in Forum Mafia? Cakez takes the game in another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a player with his skill and passion for the game again. gobln breaks records. FurCakez breaks the rules.
User avatar
SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
 
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:44 pm
Location: Above the clouds <3

Re: SFM24 | Chrono Fiction | Day 1 (Into The Thick Of It)

Postby SirCakez » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:29 pm

Mel*
Piece of shit phone
Image

Image

Gobln wrote:FurCakez isn't so great? Are you kidding? When was the last time you saw a player with such an ability in Forum Mafia? Cakez takes the game in another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a player with his skill and passion for the game again. gobln breaks records. FurCakez breaks the rules.
User avatar
SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
 
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:44 pm
Location: Above the clouds <3

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests