[Newcomer FM] NFM 34 | Game over | That was dumb

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: [Newcomer FM] NFM 34 | Day 1 | The Other White Meat

Postby OllyRenard » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:41 pm

OllyRenard wrote:Sorry didn't know

unvote

/unvote :oops:
"Proud" member of the League of Losers
Spoiler: Image
OllyRenard
Lookout
Lookout

Postby lucky333123 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:11 pm

moonbird wrote:Vote someone, read someone, point out something you find in a post to be town or scum motivated. If you're bored and aren't making progress, find a way to make progress.

Like for me, Lukcy33's post explaining their vote from RVS (random voting stage, or voting without reasoning for sake of voting/reactions), pinged me as scum due to its choppiness and one dimensional logic. This happened, then this happened, then this happened. I find when I'm scum trying to justify an action in thread, I fall into the same habit: making the most watertight explanation I can, which usually involves choppy sentences and lack of consideration of the consequences I perceived would come about from my actions.

On the other hand, sometimes people mess up especially us, newbies. I honestly didn't think twice when I random voted. From the last game I was in, I was told the first day pretty much consists of random voting with not much logic to it since there isn't a lot of leads/not a lot of ISO diving.
Newbie to FM.

FM record: 13-15
lucky333123
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby ladd » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:42 am

awesome5000 wrote:
Any ideas of how to contribute? Experienced players, please help me out... should I vote someone to lynch?

This part of the game is called RVS (Random Voting Stage) and people usually put down semi-random votes to try and get discussion going or to gauge reactions from players, once the players start to voting seriously the game is out of RVS. To contribute just point out all weird things you notice at the beginning, basically what Moonbird said. As Town, the objective is to find scum, but every person has a different way of scumhunting ( trying to find scum ), there isn't really one universal way to do so. Some scumtells I like include incoherence of reads with reads ( if a player has fake reads, as scum does, they have most of the time fake motivations ), incoherence of reads with tone ( for example if a person scumreads another one, but then they talk to them as if they know they are Town ), associations ( once a mafia flip, look back at the interactions of the player with every other players and try to find which ones look like they could be mafia/mafia interactions and which ones look like mafia/town interactions ), tone ( if a player makes posts that look "forced" or if it looks like they know more than a normal uninformed Town member should know ), meta ( if a player rolled scum in game A and C and now in game B he is acting like he did in those games but differently from how he acted in game D where he was Town, there is a decent chance he is scum ) and others. Reading games and especially playing games then makes you preference some scumtells over others and you develop your own scumtells.
ladd
FM Awards: Town

Postby ladd » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:43 am

I am still thinking about how to play this game, I will do stuff later today, sorry.
ladd

Postby ladd » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:03 am

HalkInHunt wrote:
But no i am not actually unvoting him because he is scummy so /Vote ladd

Why?
ladd

Postby ladd » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:06 am

moonbird wrote:
Like for me, Lukcy33's post explaining their vote from RVS (random voting stage, or voting without reasoning for sake of voting/reactions), pinged me as scum due to its choppiness and one dimensional logic. This happened, then this happened, then this happened. I find when I'm scum trying to justify an action in thread, I fall into the same habit: making the most watertight explanation I can, which usually involves choppy sentences and lack of consideration of the consequences I perceived would come about from my actions.

Not really seeing it, I actually liked his tone so far, null Town. Olly is probably Town, I don't see new scum playing like that. I did not like all the Halk talk about mechanical stuff, but I guess it could be a way to get discussion going in an NFM.
ladd

Postby ladd » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:08 am

/vote Halk

Later.
ladd

Postby TrueGent » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:08 am

OllyRenard wrote:
moonbird wrote:
OllyRenard wrote:/vote no one

Why?

I don't know just bored and wanted to type something.

I like you
she/her
TrueGent
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby lucky333123 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:42 am

As a heads up for everyone, I will be doing a lot of traveling back to my university since I break is over, thus will not be as active for a portion of the day (most of the morning/early afternoon my time).

ladd wrote:
moonbird wrote:

Not really seeing it, I actually liked his tone so far, null Town. Olly is probably Town, I don't see new scum playing like that. I did not like all the Halk talk about mechanical stuff, but I guess it could be a way to get discussion going in an NFM.

I didn't really understand the need to bring up other game mechanics aside from arson. It makes sense to talk about douse claim or not, but I would have waited until more people have spoken in the game since douse claiming is something we should all decide on as a majority.
Newbie to FM.

lucky333123
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby ladd » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:58 am

lucky333123 wrote:
ladd wrote:
moonbird wrote:

I didn't really understand the need to bring up other game mechanics aside from arson. It makes sense to talk about douse claim or not, but I would have waited until more people have spoken in the game since douse claiming is something we should all decide on as a majority.

Then why did you not point it out?
ladd

Postby lucky333123 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:45 am

ladd wrote:
lucky333123 wrote:
ladd wrote:
moonbird wrote:

Then why did you not point it out?

Because it was unnecessary to point out when Halk brought up the question about claiming doused or not. I was saying personally, I would have waited longer before talking about doused claims. Aside from dousing claims, I really don't understand the other mechanics that Halk brought up aside from it being extremely unlikely for there to be a framer.
Newbie to FM.

lucky333123
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby awesome5000 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:04 pm

what are the lynch votes now?
I think it's been a while
awesome5000
Jailor
Jailor

Postby ladd » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:09 pm

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvz
ladd

Postby awesome5000 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:10 pm

HalkInHunt wrote:
awesome5000 wrote:what are the lynch votes now?

Should be
HalkInHunt-2 Ladd, TrueGent
Ladd-4 HalkInHunt,TheDusfer, lucky, MichaelgRook
NoodleLick-1 NoodleLick

Are we just random voting now?
I think I'll /vote ladd because that's what everyone is doing.
awesome5000
Jailor
Jailor

Postby ladd » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:10 pm

zvutsrqponmlkjihgfedsba
ladd

Postby OllyRenard » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:11 pm

Awesome, I don't think that is the best reasoning behind voting someone
OllyRenard
Lookout
Lookout

Postby RhazhBash » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:11 pm

Current Vote Count
Player Votes Voters
  # Votes Until Majority

Rip me I accidentally edited the last votecount instead of posting a new one. I'll fix it later.
RhazhBash
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby ladd » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:21 pm

I just hope the Sixers win rn man

TPP
ladd

Postby ladd » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:26 pm

I am playing like this cause I don't want to make an NFM toxic. Halk, right now you are annoying me so much that I don't even give a fuck about your alignment and would just lynch you anyway, but this is an NFM, so if you could just avoid talking to me until you actually have smart things to say, that would be great. You are free to scumread me meanwhile. Thanks.
ladd

Postby awesome5000 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:30 pm

HalkInHunt wrote:
awesome5000 wrote:
HalkInHunt wrote:
awesome5000 wrote:what are the lynch votes now?

Should be
HalkInHunt-2 Ladd, TrueGent
Ladd-4 HalkInHunt,TheDusfer, lucky, MichaelgRook
NoodleLick-1 NoodleLick

Are we just random voting now?
I think I'll /vote ladd because that's what everyone is doing.

Lol i like you for saying this
But you should think on your own who is scum
I am probably the only one from this guys who is voting ladd because i am pretty sure he is scum(will explain later) and most of the people are just sheeping and random voting

I'm new... I'm just being honest...
awesome5000
Jailor
Jailor

Postby ladd » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:40 pm

Ok, let's start over Halk, I don't want this game to go that way. If you explain your scumread on me, I will answer it politely.
ladd

Postby ladd » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:44 pm

Alright
ladd

Postby ladd » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:58 pm

HalkInHunt wrote:After i already RVS i was looking for ways to start a discussion going since thread was kind of dead over there so came in the old doused discussion and when ladd is answering me with idc i suspect him more, because i think it's scummy from experienced player to not participate in the main discussion in the thread.

I really don't care, if I was scum it would have been easy to give a fake answer to a mechanical question. This is supposed to be a newbies game, I am going to try to not influence it too much since my playstyle is not really fit for these games from personal experience, so I just wanted to let people do stuff for a while.

HalkInHunt wrote:ladd's start seemed kind of something like saw on VFM4(town RVS vote scum and scum wagon it) so i preferred to put my first vote on this guy and left this comment down:

I don't think I have ever voted scum as scum in RVS off the top of my head, I think it's one of those things that some people look at one a player flips, esp on MS, so I just avoid it as a rule usually.

HalkInHunt wrote:Next morning when i woke up i actually saw ladd's long posts as town motivated and processed but then i notice his mistake on voting me back with the reason of i am suspect for 'mechanic talk' so my only comment for ladd instead of unvoting him was asking him why he did it

Mechanical talk is some of the easiest stuff to fake as scum and getting easy town reads for it in an NFM game as scum is pretty easy.
ladd

Postby ladd » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:04 pm

lol

so what made you go from ladd has to be scum to unvoting
ladd

Postby OllyRenard » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:28 pm

HalkInHunt wrote:I still want to hear what others say about my case on ladd thought

I don't know. I do think your explanation behind is townie
OllyRenard
Lookout
Lookout

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads