TFM18 | AoM: War of the Titans | Titans Win! (World Reborn)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: TFM18 | AoM: War of the Titans | D1 (Mount Olympus)

Postby Swordsworth » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:54 am

Well, how refreshing. /s

Too many conspiracy theories are roaming my head right now. What remains constant is that I don't trust this Met-Retral interaction.
Spoiler: Somewhere beyond the sea
Somewhere waiting for me

S E N A T O R M E M E C H I N O
Swordsworth
Patron
Patron

Postby VonAntarctic » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:59 am

Maybe it woudln't be out of place to post a conspiracy theory you are sure about, Swordsworth?

Also I'd really appreciate if Cow would start doing something.
R.I.P 2015

and

Welcome 2016.
VonAntarctic
[Forum Mafia VIII] Winner

Postby Swordsworth » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:00 am

Cow's been too busy with Civ. Kek

I'll post it in a bit.
Spoiler: Somewhere beyond the sea
Somewhere waiting for me

S E N A T O R M E M E C H I N O
Swordsworth
Patron
Patron

Postby Cyantic » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:06 am

Cyantic wrote:
deferentsheep wrote:
Cyantic wrote:Same offer applies to you, Def.

suggestion to vote retral or just any vote because you can change votes onto other wagons too? and no fuck off i'm more stubborn than you

retral is euphoria

Nah. One vote on Retral is easily as good as three. No point anymore.

Note this post Von. It explains my motives
Spoiler: Image
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby VonAntarctic » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:18 am

Yeah, that's what I just cannot make up my mind about.

Considering the post confuses the heck out of me, it may be due to my not-so-great knowledge in English but I'm not even sure how does that explain stuff when it's literally just responding to deferent and than 'No point anymore'. Can you make your motives more clear?
R.I.P 2015

and

Welcome 2016.
VonAntarctic

Postby Elastoid » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:21 am

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0lDURsZUuhb

Swordsworth wrote:That you're right on. Just checking.

Elastoid, what do you think of Neasans insofar?

I'm curious as to your thoughts re: Neasans.

But since you asked me first, I am anxious to hear more about this anonymous message she got. I'd expect she's likely to attempt to scumread based on it, and find the culprit... but as there are no wills, I'd be more comfortable if she'd post the message in its entirety for all of our perusal. At least, if that's legal -- I assume it is, but if there's a rule against it, feel free to let me know :P

Swordsworth wrote:Well, how refreshing. /s

Too many conspiracy theories are roaming my head right now. What remains constant is that I don't trust this Met-Retral interaction.

I'm also curious where you're going with Met-Retral. I'm interested to find out what you think is specifically scummy there.
Elastoid
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Elastoid » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:23 am

VonAntarctic wrote:Yeah, that's what I just cannot make up my mind about.

Considering the post confuses the heck out of me, it may be due to my not-so-great knowledge in English but I'm not even sure how does that explain stuff when it's literally just responding to deferent and than 'No point anymore'. Can you make your motives more clear?

Is this a veiled accusation or a request for clarification?

That is to say, are you suspicious of Cy's motives, here, or are you just trying to understand a strategy he's employing?
Elastoid
Veteran
Veteran

Postby VonAntarctic » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:29 am

Elastoid wrote:

Is this a veiled accusation or a request for clarification?

That is to say, are you suspicious of Cy's motives, here, or are you just trying to understand a strategy he's employing?

A request for clarification.

I thought that would be clear enough.

Elastoid wrote:But since you asked me first, I am anxious to hear more about this anonymous message she got. I'd expect she's likely to attempt to scumread based on it, and find the culprit... but as there are no wills, I'd be more comfortable if she'd post the message in its entirety for all of our perusal. At least, if that's legal -- I assume it is, but if there's a rule against it, feel free to let me know :P

I don't think quoting a moderator message is allowed, but paraphrasing is 100% without penalty so that must be the word you are looking at.
R.I.P 2015

and

Welcome 2016.
VonAntarctic

Postby Elastoid » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:37 am

VonAntarctic wrote:I don't think quoting a moderator message is allowed, but paraphrasing is 100% without penalty so that must be the word you are looking at.

Yeah that was just clarified to me. I'm not sure why, as far as the rules are concerned, that's a thing, but okay.

I'd still like to know more about the message. Was it literally just, "Hey I'm neutral are you town or mafia?"
Elastoid
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Neasans » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:12 am

Paraphrased: they said green or red and asked me which I was, claimed to be grey, then said I needed them too.

Tbqh I'm more inclined to think they're an older player since I hadn't even posted in the thread once so I can't think of any reason for them to have messaged me unless they know me from other games.
Lmao my old sig was so angry I can't even

Time really is...something
Neasans
Philanthropist
Philanthropist

Location: Wondering what the heck my teenage self was thinking in here

Postby TheCow » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:34 am

[v]von[/v]
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby RetralMega » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:36 am

Neasans wrote:Paraphrased: they said green or red and asked me which I was, claimed to be grey, then said I needed them too.

Tbqh I'm more inclined to think they're an older player since I hadn't even posted in the thread once so I can't think of any reason for them to have messaged me unless they know me from other games.

Me, Met, Cow, Von, Cy, and maybe Swords are suspects then? Or are there others who may know you from past games?
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby Elastoid » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:46 am

Neasans wrote:Paraphrased: they said green or red and asked me which I was, claimed to be grey, then said I needed them too.

They said you needed them, as well?

That's an odd thing to say if they don't know your role.
Elastoid
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Neasans » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:51 am

RetralMega wrote:

Me, Met, Cow, Von, Cy, and maybe Swords are suspects then? Or are there others who may know you from past games?

The only person here I haven't played with is Elastoid, so he's the only person I could rule out using that train of thought. ( ._.)

Neasans
Philanthropist
Philanthropist

Postby Cyantic » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:52 am

Retral is a powder keg. Voting him would likely turn him very active which would prod other players. Similar thought with Swords - although less basic then that.
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby deferentsheep » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:52 am

/unvote
/vote von

VonAntarctic wrote:Alright, I'm back.

The fact someone asked Neasans about wheter she is Town, Scum or Neutral (basing this off the colours), gives us two options - Either we are 6 v 2 v 1, which would be the most likely if the message is from Mafia or Neutral Evil, or Mafia is trying to decieve us into thinking there is a Neutral, making this 6 v 3. I think 6 v 2 v 1 is more likely. The fact the person said they are Gray seems odd to me, because it can be truly a Neutral or a Mafia pretending to be Neutral.

Retral's claim is pretty bold but dumb at the same time (yeah, you just gave everyone including scum info that you have a strong role). That is, unless their passive is so almighty as they say. Currently, I'm in with Metrion that lore-wise the stuff fits. Also it doesn't seem to be that strong, like some have mentioned.

Cyantic's push on Retral has pretty much done nothing because Retral forgot that spoilers exist. However, the information gained from it about people is interesting. Cyantic is aggressive, and strikes me oddly with his joke, or the fact that he refuses to requote a simple question for Shortsword while claiming answer was contradictory. Also his aggressiveness was immediate ever since he came here. I'm not sure what to make out of this yet, - he's been looking too much on certain people, pushing one to other, but I don't find that as alignment-indicative whatsover.

Retral however wasn't an innocent angel either. I feel he overreacted to Cyantic's accusations and immediatly made a scum read out of it, also he suddenly claimed for no reason, another odd thing. As I said, their claim, however, makes next to no sense for any Mafia member, because that would attract so much attention to them in instant + Retral for sure knows that Cyantic is aggressive.

Summarise this for me:
Is retral scum?
Is cyantic scum?
is metrion scum?

Vote the player you think is most likely to be scum.

Metrion's posts seem mostly fine, only one thing I'm questioning:
Metrion wrote:Arc/Zeus, you're not going ro pull a bastard game mechanic out of no where are you? I assume not but you went through great detail of everything else and I'd rather not be caught with my pants down.

Why were you worried about this?

I'm not sure what to say about the rest as of now, but I'm working on it.

NICE MEME COMRADE SCUMSLIP FOUND METRION PLS SELFVOTE
bound to the sky for eternity, the unbudging god is all-knowing, all-seeing
deferentsheep
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Cyantic » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:53 am

Clarification further if necessary will likely have to come when I'm on a computer which won't be for a while.
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby TheCow » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:57 am

/vote von

Nes looks scummy
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby VonAntarctic » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:01 pm

deferent,

My opinion about you is that you are very unstable of a player, and alot of times very illogical or the opposite. I particulary don't like how you are immediatly voting me only because you cannot read my another post, choosing one post before I clarified my thoughts on Cyantic and Retral. Honestly it's not going to go good that way. Eitherway, /vote Cyantic, deferent told me if anything.

@Cyantic

Now I get it. No further clarification needed as of now.

@Cow

Reasoning?
R.I.P 2015

and

Welcome 2016.
VonAntarctic

Postby Neasans » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:01 pm

Elastoid wrote:

They said you needed them, as well?

That's an odd thing to say if they don't know your role.

Well, they are confirmed scum to me since they claimed grey, so I'm guessing they're either a Neutral trying to take a stab in the dark somehow hoping I wouldn't out them, or a Mafia trying to either find a Neutral or to fake a Neutral. I'm kind of leaning Neutral on them on the fact that they claimed it and seemed to want to fish out at me.

I can't really think of any other reason to message a person who hadn't even posted in the game yet, other than possibly knowing them from another game/meta.

I'm gonna have to agree that the setup seems to likely be 6v2v1, considering how 1 Mafia would seem too little and 3 would be too much since 5v3v1 would be bullshit for us. And there's apparently a Mafia or some equivalent considering how the message guy seemed to be sure "red" people exist, plus the OP states no NKs or conversions iirc, so the only other type of scum that doesn't fit that bill afaik is a Mafia. So I'm guessing there might be two Mafia and a Neutral (whoever it is that can send messages).

tl;dr: I think it has to be someone I know since I can't think of any other reason for them to message me out of all people.

Neasans
Philanthropist
Philanthropist

Postby Neasans » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:02 pm

TheCow wrote:/vote von

Nes looks scummy

Damn, man, that argument is really convincing me Image

/vote me

Neasans
Philanthropist
Philanthropist

Postby TheCow » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:08 pm

reread, nes is just vi
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby deferentsheep » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:08 pm

i voted you because your post was scummy not because it was hard to read

i didn't ask you for my clinical diagnosis, i asked you for elaboration on stances like "retral is bold and defensive and why did he claim for no reason and he wouldn't make that claim as scum but he could be scum"
deferentsheep
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby VonAntarctic » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:11 pm

Cow, could you explain your thoughts maybe and stop playing a stupid?

deferentsheep wrote:i voted you because your post was scummy not because it was hard to read

i didn't ask you for my clinical diagnosis, i asked you for elaboration on stances like "retral is bold and defensive and why did he claim for no reason and he wouldn't make that claim as scum but he could be scum"

So you still can't read.
VonAntarctic wrote:Honestly I think Cyantic is a little bit more on the scum side than Retral.

I don't think Retral would do what he would as scum.

If you want more detailed opinion, I think Retral is Town since they wouldn't claim this role if they were Scum, it would draw too much attention on them, especially with this rolelist.

Also "is metrion scum?" doesn't apply since I told you there is only one question I have about them, and that they don't set anything off to me other than that.
R.I.P 2015

and

Welcome 2016.
VonAntarctic

Postby deferentsheep » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:13 pm

hiook ur rite I'm iliterlalltkgsygsec sryy i xnabt read brb srlfvoting
deferentsheep
Disguiser
Disguiser

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads