[Newcomer FM] NFM 3 | Game Over

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: [Newcomer FM] NFM 3 | Game Over

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:45 pm

I was pleased to make an appearance in this game.
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Alzar » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:10 pm

rip swords

inactive experienced player

rip in peace
Spoiler: FM Record Image
Click here if you like crime games/text RPGs.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Alzar
FM Logo Winner
FM Logo Winner

Postby ObiWan » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:18 pm

moonbird wrote:yeah, I was livin' that #tryhard life. I'm never going to get away with that in any other game. Meh.

GG guys. Inactivity killed the cat, and more inactivity kept it dead.

GG moon. Hope to see you in another game :)
This was not the scumslip you were looking for.

Alzar wrote:there is no such thing as a meta, forum mafia is a lie, we are products of a confused society

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Varanus » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:25 pm

Lokiben wrote::/ I've cost the good guys two games in the span three hours today. Probably should have held out for a more respectable forum record before committing to it in my signature.

Ah, don't kick yourself over it. You know perfectly well that last one was just an annoyingly broken mechanic.
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator

Postby melanora » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:12 pm

Lol obi on Skype was like... Moon is scum dammit. Moon is scum.
#overthrowthepatriarchy #babyforfmmod
I'm not a fucking gmod. Don't send me shit about your ban appeal.

FM Record
Spoiler: Image
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Latewood » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:19 pm

Glad everything is OK Obi.

I can't believe that nobody even cared that me and someone else claimed the same role. Like it never happened. I thought that it was someone misquoting text like happened on day one with Frootie claiming I said something and attributing it to someone else, then when I point it out and say I'd like to respond to it, I'll be right back I'm going to have dinner, everyone votes to hang KoE. I understand why the Mafia/Witch weren't going to point it out, but the vote goes through with NDM and Batman and we had plenty of time, the vote wasn't going to tell us anything, I really don't understand what happened at the end of the game.
"Sympathy from strangers can be ruinous."
The Blind Assassin, Margaret Atwood
Latewood
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Swordsworth » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:25 pm

I really am sorry. I just didn't realize until I was midway that I was in way over my head, so I basically sudoku'd out of this and 8B because there was no way I could play a game and host a game with complex mechanics simultaneously. Rest assured, it shall not happen again :lol:
Spoiler: Somewhere beyond the sea
Somewhere waiting for me

S E N A T O R M E M E C H I N O
Swordsworth
Patron
Patron

Postby melanora » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:29 pm

It was a bad week in general to have a Mafia game. YAY FOR THE HOLIDAYS.

FM Record
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby melanora » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:30 pm

anywho, now that the game is over with, anyone have any questions they need answered?

FM Record
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby ObiWan » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:45 pm

Title: TheCow jumped over the moon
This was not the scumslip you were looking for.

Alzar wrote:there is no such thing as a meta, forum mafia is a lie, we are products of a confused society

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby becauseimbatman » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:44 am

So my initial read on Cow, Xanet, froot, and moon bring scum was right? fuuuuuu At least I'm proud to say that my reads were right on everyone ;) Now if only I learn how to something with those reads rather than just paste them into the discussion...say tips on that?

I knew I trusted NDM, but considering scum were the only ones active in the last day they would've just piled on me which they did for a while.

At first I did trust KoE and you see that in my reads at the beginning, but when he said his claim it felt as if he was pleading for us to believe him.

Also, general tips for improving and the like?
becauseimbatman
Investigator
Investigator

Postby TheCow » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:11 am

becauseimbatman wrote:So my initial read on Cow, Xanet, froot, and moon bring scum was right? fuuuuuu At least I'm proud to say that my reads were right on everyone ;) Now if only I learn how to something with those reads rather than just paste them into the discussion...say tips on that?

I knew I trusted NDM, but considering scum were the only ones active in the last day they would've just piled on me which they did for a while.

At first I did trust KoE and you see that in my reads at the beginning, but when he said his claim it felt as if he was pleading for us to believe him.

Also, general tips for improving and the like?

Your play was solid this game. You were too hard to cherry pick late game as a scum read, so you had that going for you.
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby NDM » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:36 am

I could barely get on this game. School messes with your schedule
Spoiler: Thanks Archo and sorry for rushing you

Anyone who thinks they can debate me without evidence cannot win a debate. Anyone who just uses one quote as a point shows they are the failure, and prove the opposing side.

I suck at grammar. I admit it. Grammar is my lowest subject, compared to my math, reading, writing, science and history.
NDM
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Latewood » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:51 pm

moonbird wrote:Inactivity killed the cat, and more inactivity kept it dead.

GG everyone. Well as they say, effort is not indicative of alignment. I tried being active, but I really had nobody to work with. I owe NDM and Batman an apology as I really thought they were scum buddies from the beginning and it wasn't until KoE's post at the very end that I realized that I was wrong. And since both Loki and Melanora died night two I really had nobody to talk to. And the mafia really knew when to push the vote through, that was great timing, I couldn't believe what I was reading after I finished dinner and sat down. :lol:

Hope to play again with all of you again!
"Sympathy from strangers can be ruinous."
The Blind Assassin, Margaret Atwood
Latewood
Lookout
Lookout

Postby KingOfEvil » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:50 pm

A well played game all, it was a fun experience for my first game although quite stressful near the end! I could not do much more than just reasoning, as shouting would probably have me my claims seem too desperate. It's a shame we had a train of votes on me before Latewood could investigate the contradictory claims. Offering myself as a sacrifice was supposed to convince the rest of town that I wasn't scum and therefore not vote on me, you weren't supposed to actually go through with the lynch! (I'm looking at you becauseimbatman and NDM :?)

I also have a question. With a 4v4 on Night 3, wouldn't a Marshal be able to possibly scare off the killing mafia on their next target with a Witch perhaps not utilizing their interruptions perfectly so that that Marshal's scare successfully goes through, leaving Day 4 with 4v4 and a chance for town to lynch to 4v3 in favour of town?

I hope to see you all in future games!
KingOfEvil
Jester
Jester

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:55 pm

KingOfEvil wrote:I also have a question. With a 4v4 on Night 3, wouldn't a Marshal be able to possibly scare off the killing mafia on their next target with a Witch perhaps not utilizing their interruptions perfectly so that that Marshal's scare successfully goes through, leaving Day 4 with 4v4 and a chance for town to lynch to 4v3 in favour of town?

Short answer: No. Marshal can't protect themselves and had already claimed, so they were a guaranteed kill.
Long answer:
Spoiler: Mafia and witch would out themselves and even if they didn't the consigliere could just check between the 3 citizen claimants (as NDM would be confirmed town after your flip), especially if Xanet were to shadow frootie, to verify their belief that Moon was witch.
Even if they didn't know who the witch was witch and mafia would no lynch, mafia would kill NDM and with a consigliere would have the entire rolelist.
Or they could nolynch again and hit a citizen. If they're immune, that's the witch. If not, no lynch and repeat.
If the mafia were to be counterclaimed, blackmailer would send all of the citizen claimants with a message stating who the mafia was.

in the distance the shelves
rode three shadows of blue
ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby becauseimbatman » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:10 pm

KingOfEvil wrote:A well played game all, it was a fun experience for my first game although quite stressful near the end! I could not do much more than just reasoning, as shouting would probably have me my claims seem too desperate. It's a shame we had a train of votes on me before Latewood could investigate the contradictory claims. Offering myself as a sacrifice was supposed to convince the rest of town that I wasn't scum and therefore not vote on me, you weren't supposed to actually go through with the lynch! (I'm looking at you becauseimbatman and NDM :?)

Yes, I noticed my slip up afterwards, but I was eager to complete the lynch since you were a potential scum to me. In the end, my gut feeling was right and I didn't listen to it. Oh well, I'll avoid the same mistake in the future.

I also clicked on mela's countdown clock thinking it was for the game way too many times
becauseimbatman
Investigator
Investigator

Postby TheCow » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:45 pm

I had already contacted Moon via BM and she had the mafia list and the identities of important townies. There was no way it could go wrong.
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Previous

Return to Game Threads