[Newcomer FM] NFM 3 | Game Over

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: [Newcomer FM] NFM 3 | Day 2 (All's Fair)

Postby Swordsworth » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:12 pm

Sorry I've been away, standardized testing.

Anyhow, this is the evil setup:

Mafioso OR Janitor OR Consigliere
Consigliere OR Framer OR Consort
Blackmailer OR Disguiser OR Mafioso

Witch

Before I continue, I have a question: Are mafia roles unique?
Spoiler: Somewhere beyond the sea
Somewhere waiting for me

S E N A T O R M E M E C H I N O
Swordsworth
Patron
Patron

Postby Lokiben » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:18 pm

Only the mafioso in this game. There can be two consiglieres.
Lokiben
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Swordsworth » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:20 pm

I see. I will wait until everyone has checked in before proceeding, as I'd like to make a few projections about the possible Mafia makeup.
Somewhere waiting for me

Swordsworth
Patron
Patron

Postby ObiWan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:39 am

I slept peacefully.

It's late, I just got off work a little bit ago, I'm tired.
I'll try to post some thoughts at the moment, but then I'll have to sleep.

1. I am a bit surprised I am alive
2. I am surprised all of the experienced players are alive.

This could mean A. All newbies are in the mafia or B. An experienced player or players decided to confuse us by killing a newbie. If that was the case, shame on you.

@Mela: Yes I will see that he gets in NFM 4.

3. Lack of clean could mean no janitor. Or again, newbies in the mafia decided not to use their clean. Or janitor was roleblocked.

4. No one claimed witch, am I correct?

If no one claims it, that means the witch knows who at least one mafia member is right now. Not good.

------------

Question to the new players. Given the current kill, what do you think the mafia list consists of now? Why do you think the mafia chose a new player to kill?
This was not the scumslip you were looking for.

Alzar wrote:there is no such thing as a meta, forum mafia is a lie, we are products of a confused society

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby becauseimbatman » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:38 am

Question: If the member that decides to do the factional kill gets witched, do they kill or do their original ability?

If they still kill then the Mafia set up can still be anything.

If it's the latter then there's a Mafioso.

My instinct tells me it's the first one, however.

To answer Obi's question, the fact that the Witch most likely found a Mafia member explains a newcomer's death. I get the feeling that if the Witch was an experienced player they would've targeted someone like Obi or Mel which makes me believe the Witch is one of the new player. I'm also going to say the Witch chose their target and victim at random.
becauseimbatman
Investigator
Investigator

Postby frootiemel » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:27 am

I'm having a hard time picking up this whole discussion, especially with all the different terms and things? I mean I've read what everything means but in context my brain just farts.
Image Spoiler: #buyFROOTonitunes Image
frootiemel

Postby Metrion » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:30 am

becauseimbatman wrote:Question: If the member that decides to do the factional kill gets witched, do they kill or do their original ability?

The Witch functions as if their target chose the new target themselves, thus a Witch cannot make an Arsonist douse themselves (they'd ignite), and if lets say like in NFM2 the Consort was killing and then got Witched they still kill just the target the Witch gave them instead.
Metrion
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator

Postby Swordsworth » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:36 am

Just waiting on Xanet and Moon.

In the meantime, I'd like to ask everyone: What do you think of an investigative hardclaiming? When? How? Would this be helpful?
Somewhere waiting for me

Swordsworth
Patron
Patron

Postby NDM » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:38 am

That could help if they got a Mafia result. Or a witch
Spoiler: Thanks Archo and sorry for rushing you

Anyone who thinks they can debate me without evidence cannot win a debate. Anyone who just uses one quote as a point shows they are the failure, and prove the opposing side.

I suck at grammar. I admit it. Grammar is my lowest subject, compared to my math, reading, writing, science and history.
NDM
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Latewood » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:00 am

Swordsworth wrote:Just waiting on Xanet and Moon.

In the meantime, I'd like to ask everyone: What do you think of an investigative hardclaiming? When? How? Would this be helpful?

But if the investigator makes a hardclaims their role all they are doing is alerting the mafia of their role so it puts a big target on their back. I would think that they should put any information in their will so if they do get killed in the middle of the night it will let the townspeople know what's up, but doing it too early is just inviting trouble. I think we'll all have to wait till at least the tomorrow to see what happens on the second night, as some other people have said, until we have can have any real ideas of what the situation may be.

And the other problem with an investigator hardclaiming is we don't know what the makeup of the mafia is, they may have a framer and that would make any investigations by the sheriff could be wrong this early in the game.
"Sympathy from strangers can be ruinous."
The Blind Assassin, Margaret Atwood
Latewood
Lookout
Lookout

Postby becauseimbatman » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:18 am

If an investigative role finds a Mafia member they don't need to reveal.

What I have in mind is that if they find scum then they can go view that player's posts in ISO and find something to call them out on. It would be easier since they'd be sure the acussee isn't a Town member.

I'm not sure how much I'd listen to an investigative hard claim since there might be a Consig pushing for a mislynch. The only thing I somewhat rule out is Consort since no one has claimed roleblocked, everything else is still fair game.
becauseimbatman
Investigator
Investigator

Postby melanora » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:21 am

ObiWan wrote:4. No one claimed witch, am I correct?

OR Jord was the one witched - in NFM3, Swords was RBd N1, but he was also killed. So, it ended up working out in Mafia's favor that the second RB wasn't known.

becauseimbatman wrote:To answer Obi's question, the fact that the Witch most likely found a Mafia member explains a newcomer's death. I get the feeling that if the Witch was an experienced player they would've targeted someone like Obi or Mel which makes me believe the Witch is one of the new player. I'm also going to say the Witch chose their target and victim at random.

One of the most basic things to do, as a witch, is to target a player onto themselves. That's my favorite thing to do. That way, if they heal themself, they use their self heal, and if they're an attacker, they attack themselves. Always amusing to watch.

frootiemel wrote:I'm having a hard time picking up this whole discussion, especially with all the different terms and things? I mean I've read what everything means but in context my brain just farts.

Different terms? The only real different terms from TOS is WIFOM, perhaps...

Latewood wrote:
Swordsworth wrote:Just waiting on Xanet and Moon.

But if the investigator makes a hardclaims their role all they are doing is alerting the mafia of their role so it puts a big target on their back. I would think that they should put any information in their will so if they do get killed in the middle of the night it will let the townspeople know what's up, but doing it too early is just inviting trouble. I think we'll all have to wait till at least the tomorrow to see what happens on the second night, as some other people have said, until we have can have any real ideas of what the situation may be.

And the other problem with an investigator hardclaiming is we don't know what the makeup of the mafia is, they may have a framer and that would make any investigations by the sheriff could be wrong this early in the game.

All excellent points. I don't like an Investigative claiming until at least Day Three.

@Xanet, you posted, but didn't say what happened to you last night?

@batman - that's the better way to do it, yes. But again, I would wait until Day Three. You never want to put a target on your back as the TI.
#overthrowthepatriarchy #babyforfmmod
I'm not a fucking gmod. Don't send me shit about your ban appeal.

FM Record
Spoiler: Image
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: NFM3 Day 2 BIG POST

Postby melanora » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:21 am

melanora wrote:

Role List:
Spoiler: Town Investigative
Town Protective
Town Killing
Random Town
Random Town

Citizen - Jordarrian
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen

Witch

Player Post List
Spoiler: MOD POSTS
KingOfEvil
becauseimbatman
Lokiben
Latewood
frootiemel
Xanet734
NDM
moonbird
ObiWan
Melanora
TheCow
Swordsworth

Night One List
Spoiler: Jordarrian - Killed N1 by Mafia - Town Citizen
KingOfEvil - Slept Peacefully
becauseimbatman - Slept Peacefully
Lokiben - Slept Peacefully
Latewood - Slept Peacefully
frootiemel - Slept Peacefully
Xanet734
NDM - Slept Peacefully
moonbird
ObiWan - Slept Peacefully
Melanora - Slept Peacefully
TheCow - Slept Peacefully
Swordsworth - Slept Peacefully

FM Record
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby becauseimbatman » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:29 am

Than you for agreeing with me Xanet, but your post felt like fluff.

@mel Words like ISO or OMGUS are also never used. Also, I forgot about the possibility that maybe the Mafia's kill was roleblocked and we don't know about it.

One more thing, I do have a couple of reads on the side, but since it's still rather early in the game (not everybody has a lot ot posts, if any) it isn't much. By when is it expected to have a full analysis of every player in the game?
becauseimbatman
Investigator
Investigator

Postby ObiWan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:51 am

becauseimbatman wrote:Than you for agreeing with me Xanet, but your post felt like fluff.

@mel Words like ISO or OMGUS are also never used. Also, I forgot about the possibility that maybe the Mafia's kill was roleblocked and we don't know about it.

One more thing, I do have a couple of reads on the side, but since it's still rather early in the game (not everybody has a lot ot posts, if any) it isn't much. By when is it expected to have a full analysis of every player in the game?

You can post reads whenever you want to. You can update them as you go as well.

I usually wait until mid Day 2 to post my first reads just so it gives everyone time to check in and gives me a little more time for analysis.
Coming back to those reads later is important in case you missed something or changed your mind about someone.

You may do it however you like though. As long as there are reads, I am happy.

Alzar wrote:there is no such thing as a meta, forum mafia is a lie, we are products of a confused society

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby KingOfEvil » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:54 am

Given the possibility a newcomer witch found a mafia member, and directed them to kill another newcomer citizen, would said mafia member be notified that they were witched? Well I'm sure they could figure it out given the target that died wasn't who they initially picked too. In either case, given this probable scenario, I take it that it'd be in that mafia member's best interest to lie about sleeping peacefully or have a very large target otherwise, or perhaps just not claim any activity for night one so far, or just hesitate in doing so. Whether they claim slept peacefully or not in this scenario, the witch will know they've found a mafia member either way.
KingOfEvil
Jester
Jester

Postby ObiWan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:56 am

@Mela True, Jord could've been witched as well. I forgot about that. My brain was not working well last night.

As far as investigstives finding someone evil - do not pull a NFM2. They mislynched both of their investigstives. Both ended up revealing Day 2 without finding anyone evil. One was lynched. Then the other because they thought another investigative was unlikely.

Let me make this clear - RNGesus can roll anything. Even if something is more unlikely to roll, it still could. Keep that in mind. I don't want us mislynching important townies this game.

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby ObiWan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:00 pm

KingOfEvil wrote:Given the possibility a newcomer witch found a mafia member, and directed them to kill another newcomer citizen, would said mafia member be notified that they were witched? Well I'm sure they could figure it out given the target that died wasn't who they initially picked too. In either case, given this probable scenario, I take it that it'd be in that mafia member's best interest to lie about sleeping peacefully or have a very large target otherwise, or perhaps just not claim any activity for night one so far, or just hesitate in doing so. Whether they claim slept peacefully or not in this scenario, the witch will know they've found a mafia member either way.

If a Mafia member was witched - they would be notified no matter what. Mafia members who are witched normally do not say anything as to give the witch a sort of "signal" saying "hey, I'm mafia, you targeted me last night."
Like Metrion did with mela in NFM2. She witched him and he said he slept peacefully.

How could be happening now or Jord could've been witched.

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby melanora » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:27 pm

Oh, sorry about the shorthand. I'll try to keep it down to a minimum so that it won't be too much.

I typically try to do my reads every ten or so pages, BUT, with NFM it's a bit harder to do that, so I'll probably wait, like Obi, until the halfway point of Day Two. So like Monday or Tuesday.

BTW - I'm normally VERY active, but between 1. pregnancy and 2. the holidays, my activity is scattered. I may not be around much this weekend as well, as I'm typically busy on the weekends. So, when you see me, you see me.

FM Record
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: NFM3 Day 2 BIG POST

Postby ObiWan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:01 pm

melanora wrote:
melanora wrote:

Role List:
Spoiler: Town Investigative
Town Protective
Town Killing
Random Town
Random Town

Citizen - Jordarrian
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen

Witch

Player Post List
Spoiler: MOD POSTS
KingOfEvil
becauseimbatman
Lokiben
Latewood
frootiemel
Xanet734
NDM
moonbird
ObiWan
Melanora
TheCow
Swordsworth

Night One List
Spoiler: Jordarrian - Killed N1 by Mafia - Town Citizen
KingOfEvil - Slept Peacefully
becauseimbatman - Slept Peacefully
Lokiben - Slept Peacefully
Latewood - Slept Peacefully
frootiemel - Slept Peacefully
Xanet734
NDM - Slept Peacefully
moonbird
ObiWan - Slept Peacefully
Melanora - Slept Peacefully
TheCow - Slept Peacefully
Swordsworth - Slept Peacefully

@Met, can you post Melas ISO in the OP please? It'll be easier so we don't have to all go digging for it.

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby melanora » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:54 pm

Take note that dead players are removed on my list. Sorry.

FM Record
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Lokiben » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:03 pm

melanora wrote:Take note that dead players are removed on my list. Sorry.

But there was so much important analysis to be gained from Jordan's ISO. Kidding of course.

Seeing as no one has come forward and claimed witched, I'll subscribe to the witch theory, which would imply that the witch is a newbie. If it was Jordan who was witched, that would make most or all of the scum team newbies, which I think is doubtful.

Imma start my reads now; but I'm not in any hurry to finish them. Expect them on Tuesday, when the break begins.

*shameless plug*

We just need 3-4 more players for The Resistance!
|
V

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=33010
Lokiben
Investigator
Investigator

Postby ObiWan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:32 pm

Loki, please don't advertise your games in here. Thank you.

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby ObiWan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:38 pm

We're still waiting on two people to say what happened to them last night, correct?

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Swordsworth » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:40 pm

Correct. If neither of them claim witched, then I think it'll be fair to say that the mafia target went awry OR a janitor is not present.
Somewhere waiting for me

Swordsworth
Patron
Patron

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads