FM Game 2C [Game Over] Never Trust Rick (SK and Exe Win!)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: FM Game C [Game Over] Never Trust Rick (SK and Exe Win!)

Postby TheCow » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:26 pm

/got Vet and Vig mixed up :facepalm
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby Sturps » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:12 am

If I had one extra day on Day 5 (I was preparing for assessment tasks at School), I would have been able to defend datdownie's lynch extensively. I could have argued that Primorix was the Executioner who has been after him since Day 2, and instead I could have focused on this.

Emazug wrote:Sturps, I can't quote the exact posts, but the game where this happened was Episode II, game B "Murphy's Law"

Players in this game who were also in game B are:

-Rickdaily12 (Serial Killer)
-Sarah Thope (Citizen)
-TheCow (Godfather)
-iggyvolz (Amnesiac)
-datdownie (Innocent Citizen, Primorix's target)
-KTCatatonic (Mafioso)

Still quite a big list.
Also remember, that it's quite possible that the SK was not in that game, and is simply trying to frame the ones who were.
At the very least, this would tell us that the SK has followed the events in Episode II, game B.
(Metrion shows up as an investigator if you only looked at the role list. You have to do at least SOME reading to figure out that he's an amnesiac turned Investigator)

I don't know if I would have been able to pull it off, depending on how Primorix would react, but I would have given it a shot if I had more time, especially since Rick was the only one who strongly reacted when this list was first put in place. It was too big to fit on my will, sadly. It could have been the final push that the town needed; 1 death per night. Considering how this was my first Forum Mafia game, I'll definitely be paying more attention to stuff like this in the future.

#POSSIBILITIES PTSD Survivor.
Please wow with caution and at your own risk.
May or may not be insane.
Batteries not included.

Highest Overwatch SR: 3975 (S5)

Spoiler: ~~~ thE poSsIbiliTies aRe coMpLex ~~~
Sturps
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Rickdaily12 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:49 am

Ugh, THAT is coming up again? :lol:

Sturps, the reason I even argued with guzame there was because everything he was speculating about the SK and Metrion was just plain not true. That includes the Death Note, and the Game B connection. Frankly, I'm surprised I'm even considered a Game B player. xD

"I Remember" references the SK monologues that will be posted here once I'm finished writing the last three chapters. The conversation with Guzame I had got to such an awkward point for me where I couldn't tell him how wrong he was without giving myself away. :lol:
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12
FM Awards: Town

Postby Guzame » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:12 am

Rickdaily12 wrote:Ugh, THAT is coming up again? :lol:

Sturps, the reason I even argued with guzame there was because everything he was speculating about the SK and Metrion was just plain not true. That includes the Death Note, and the Game B connection. Frankly, I'm surprised I'm even considered a Game B player. xD

"I Remember" references the SK monologues that will be posted here once I'm finished writing the last three chapters. The conversation with Guzame I had got to such an awkward point for me where I couldn't tell him how wrong he was without giving myself away. :lol:

I didn't really believe too much in it myself. I just didn't want the town to lynch Finn when there was a 50% chance that he was innocent. And since he was being a classic quiet citizen, I latched onto the only thing that I felt could prove his innocence. And as a bonus, I learned a lot about the town from the discussions it caused and how people responded. Your fixation on the death passage when nobody else knew it was something the killer could write, for example :lol:
Guzame
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Rickdaily12 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:16 am

Guzame wrote:
Rickdaily12 wrote:Ugh, THAT is coming up again? :lol:

I didn't really believe too much in it myself. I just didn't want the town to lynch Finn when there was a 50% chance that he was innocent. And since he was being a classic quiet citizen, I latched onto the only thing that I felt could prove his innocence. And as a bonus, I learned a lot about the town from the discussions it caused and how people responded. Your fixation on the death passage when nobody else knew it was something the killer could write, for example :lol:

This was yet another thing that made me super paranoid halfway into Day 2. I was just a little too knowledgeable there... xD

I'm legitimately shocked that no one ever chased me for that.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Rickdaily12

Postby datdownie » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:17 am

Oh wow, I didn't catch the fact that I was Primorix's target... LOL...

"Determination, the ability to move forward despite any possible hardship, the promise to return for a second chance no matter how much you're beaten and bloody. The power of Determination has sculpted legends for all of humanity, impossible feats, one in a million shots made like they're nothing, while those that pull them off stand alone."

If you want to find me, hop onto Board Game Online <3

Discord: Downie#0904
datdownie
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Rickdaily12 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:19 am

datdownie wrote:Oh wow, I didn't catch the fact that I was Primorix's target... LOL...

You weren't. Xfector was the Executioner with Thief as a target.

BIG BUT, Primorix was the king mascot advocating your lynching at basically all points in the game, even during that whole fiasco of TheCow's. :lol:

Rickdaily12

Postby Metrion » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:56 pm

Re-read day 6 with this going.

Made it 100x more epic like I said.
Metrion
FM Awards: Creator

Postby Rickdaily12 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:29 pm

Here, I'll post the first five of the 15 sequences of the Serial Killer Monologues.

This was posted ENTIRELY from the perspective of my Serial Killer as the days progressed.

SK Monologues (1)

Spoiler: Prologue ~ The First Morning

"And here I am, along with this newly formed council, truly feeling like an idiot for everything I just witnessed.

I will never forget that fateful day. My best friend gone missing, three people last seen with him, kidnapping him into a carriage. ...Me discovering his mutilated body in a nearby city called Salem. I found the driver of that carriage. You would see fewer holes in Swiss Cheese once I was through with him. That bastard still did not pay enough for what he did.

One man. One woman. They're still out there, but not before the authorities captured me. Five. Long. Years. Finally released on "poor mental fitness yet good behavior", I was able to continue my search for these rotten murderers. When I was invited to that fateful party of 23 last week, with the same invite list as the people me and John went with all those years ago, I knew that my chance had finally come. I was going to make my first action against his killers right then and there. I found a familiar face right away. Within an hour, I caught him alone in a room, his back to the corner, my knife at his throat. His face triggered that flashback of John. I demanded to know information. Immediately. But there was no use. He knew nothing, but I refused to believe him. 23 became 22.

And of course, like my gut was warning me at first, that party was no ordinarily run party. No, the town authorities demanded that we 23 receive invites to this party. Why? We were originally 25 from a Homecoming party five years ago, that fateful day. We all witnessed an unbelievable accident, the case of the falling chandelier. 25 becomes 24. Then John. 23.

Ever since then, unknown to me in my absence, Salem has been in a total war, and a brilliant criminologist deduced that we few were the cause of this war of Mafia against Town folk. None of us thought that the same 23 of us, whom mostly knew each other from the same schooling, were considered that largely popular among the Town. But I should have known. Two others died that night. One of them was the Mayor's second-in-command, left with a Godfather's insignia. Meanwhile, one of the top officers were being blackmailed at the party. Once a local militant discovered the Blackmailer of the Mafia, that person was shot dead. He was carrying a letter containing orders to be carried "among the other four of us". Once the Chief of Police told us remaining 20 that they knew the Town's major menaces- their Mafia and "Serial Killer" had finally been narrowed down to the 20 of us, I knew I was in for hell. No one was going to come clean. At all.

And so here we are. This was the Chief's solution. 550 miles of isolation away in a newly built remote town. It was my own foolish mistake- I should not have acted so soon, because the Police now know all their troubles lie here. The 20 of us have been sent here, locked away with the Mafia, along with this "Serial Killer" they all want dead so badly. They need to relax. While I love my trusty blade for all its reliable purposes, I'm here for one reason and one reason alone. I will find John's remaining two killers. I know for a FACT that this "Mafia" had no hand in his death. Which means, while I suspect that they've put me in a town full of several innocents, I will interrogate each member once a night, if I have to, to find the truth.

If they claim to know nothing, I will plunge my knife deep in their chest. So help me, if I have to kill every bloody shit in this town, if every innocent must die, I will avenge John. My best friend deserved better. The doctors called me insane at first. I only see red now. Nothing else matters to me... besides revenge.

And while I'm sure that this Mafia... could very well be innocent in his death- when that Godfather's precious Second-in-command paid me a visit just last night, I turned his messenger down. I can't trust anyone besides me, myself, and I at this point. Surely they have their own reasons for doing what it is they do, but those reasons are not my own. I care not for people so caught up in their hole that they need their minions to do their dirty work for them. I will have no hand in it. Besides. Only one person matters. Only one goal remains. No sense dirtying my hands further in their crime life.

I will avenge John; whoever tries to get in my way WILL DIE. PAINFULLY. Guilty or Innocent. And yet, I am still sought. It is now late afternoon, and we will gather for the opening hearing. They want the Mafia, and me, to die. If it is the very last literally bloody thing I do, I will kill John's killers first, even if all must die in this search.

My door to the other 19 waiting town members finally opens, and I step out... ready for them."

SK Monologues (2)

Spoiler: Chapter 1: ~ The Hunt Begins...

And so it starts. My search for vengeance will continue in all its unopposed glory as of NOW.

Ugh. Most of us spent the day unpacking our boxes, mingling among ourselves. I shudder at the memory that I was actually visited by a small handful of these... strangers. I was careful to keep them away from the more... shall we say, self-incriminating rooms. If they saw too much, the situation would have become dire.

As the sun began to teeter more towards the horizon, they gathered us in one large circle in the Town Square, sounding the brand new bell that was put into place just yesterday by the police. Then, the police left us with a very stern warning:

Police Chief wrote:"The twenty of you are the only clues we have to the cause of all of our problems. I imagine all of our city's killers are hiding among you. So I hope you all understand that we are not intending to leave you in the hands of brutal killers. I also am very aware that some of you will actively plot to kill the others. But at this point, I am hardly one to care what happens anymore.

I expect you to sort this out your own way. Whoever must die, in day or in night, however you people decide, is up to you now. How you use each other's strengths to locate the menaces is up to you. We are done interrogating all of you. We don't want to see any more innocents die. But right now, this is the only way to guarentee our safety.

You are the City's only main influencing forces, in this place. May you return to us ONLY in peace, with the news of the killers being vanquished. And if we are told this by the real killers... may we be ever at your mercy."

And with that, the police rushed off, leaving the twenty of us eyeing each other awkwardly for some time. Then, all it took was just one us to say, "So, HOW ABOUT THEM MOLASSES?!", and the whole Town erupted in laughter.

...I hate this place.

Here I am, standing right in the middle of the town where my best friend's two killers are hiding among those who the Police consider to be "innocent bystanders". Screw them. I will find them, and eliminate them. Or die trying.

The police won't have to worry about me once I know they're all dead. Right now, I need to worry about survival until I've found them. That means having to play along. For now. It doesn't matter how much acting like one of THEM sickens me. If they knew the truth about me, what I could say would be meaningless. I don't have many options right now.

But I refuse to join the criminal underground. At least, for now. There may be other options available among my peers. Until then... I already spotted one of the people today as we were bantering. I know just who to question, tonight...

SK Monologues (3)

Spoiler: Chapter 2 ~ One step Back, Two steps Forward

I've always wondered what it would be like, had I not lost John. To be honest? I've always had a passion for law. The trial this afternoon was actually... energizing to me. Of course, it made an equal number of my irritating peers content or disgusted at what was taking place. I care not, anymore, what those scum think.

When the hearing ended, and the sun went down, I saw several people just stick around... mingling with each other. Some even went to bed early, feeling as though their time having to be spent with us had reached its maximum. These people stun me. There are people out here who want them dead, people who wish ILL on them. And yet... they just walk away to get some sleep? Or somehow, inside themselves, find the gall to stay out in the presence of such dangers?

John shared my legal passion. He was a true social butterfly. If he were still here, surely I would have been there with him and the rest of those fools......

...I will not allow myself to fail. The first priority lies in finding out who is behind this. The first thing I did was go home in search of what I had left of the past. Any kinds of clues pertaining to his mysterious abduction. But there was no use. I only found myself at the same arrived conclusion- his killers had real, legal, hidden occupations. Further, that the two people were already at large, and that the only things known about them were that they were in a relationship for a brief time before their crimes. That ship has since sailed since ages. But it does narrow down my search to what I remember: 1 man, 1 woman. I needed to work out who was suspicious from there.

Suddenly, while I finally felt myself arriving at some conclusions, a window opened. My intruder was masked, and shrouded in dark clothing. They made their way all the way into my study, pointing a gun in search of me. But I am far from inexperienced in combat, and I am well trained in hiding. I was no further than a meter behind them, my knife pointed at them, while they could only stay with their back facing me- but their gun at me.

............................................................................................................................

"Seems as though we're at a stalemate, you devilish bastard."
"Devilish?" I raise my brow at the male voice.
He flashes the Godfather insignia without turning, thus exposing him as a member of the Mafia.
"You're bloody foolish if you've come all this way to attack me, of all people." I sneer back at him.
"Do not misinterpret my intentions here. Please forgive my greeting of choice, if it offended you."
"It did."
"You know how dangerous you really are. This was merely a safety precaution so that I could force a meeting with you."
"I do not recall scheduling one. You would notice that the door was locked. And here you are."
"Time is short. It needed to be done NOW. Before any further arrangements are made. Including your own."
"Oh? And whatever do you mean by this?"
He now turns, slowly, to face me, though still hidden in his gear. "As I'm sure you've been able to figure out by now, several of us have to live in hiding because of last week's... unfortunate incidents. Our Godfather does not want to create any further unrest in Salem, and was merely trying to send a message back then. The Police merely mistook it as a sign of war."
"You're a whole bunch of criminals. Your target was the Mayor's second-in-command!"
"We only wish to reform our city, not terrorize it!" He screams back, offended. "Look, I know you're too far gone to keep this in your mind, but we fully acknowledge that we are a Family. Adam was a very dear person to us. And now, we don't even want to harm several innocents, but with them actively trying to search to kill us, we're left with no other choice!"
He stands there, panting, trying to recompose himself.
"And then there's you. And your situation. And the fact that they want you gone as well."
"I already gave you my answer."
"We don't have to point weapons at each other. We don't have to be hostile- at all!"
"I already told you what I'm after."
"We can offer you the protection that NO ONE else CAN!"
A throwing knife sings past his ear, tearing open the fabric of his right shoulder, riveting itself into the wall.
"Joining you means forsaking my freedom to the criminal underground. My answer is NO. Period."
He staggers back, in shock. "You...! YOU! How DARE you! I'm trying to help you! Our Godfather-!"
"-is a coward, who sends other scum to do his dirty work for him." I spit back, grabbing another throwing knife.
"DAMN YOU! You... will PAY for your disrespect to our Family! I... I could SHOOT-!"
"Do that, and see what happens." I shake my head in nonchalance. "Do you really think I give a damn? Do you really think I have tolerated your insulting slander the past few minutes now because you intimidate me? Have you already forgotten that I am the one in this room wearing the armor underneath my clothing at all times here?"
His grip on the gun relaxes a little more.
"I am not short-sighted." I advance on him, threateningly. "I do not miss by accident. You are alive right now because I allow you to live. We are talking right now because I am allowing it. You can do only what I allow. And right now, I will allow your precious family to continue breathing so long as you stand as far as possible from me and my own goals. You listen here. I have already established you and your Family's innocence in my friend's death. Do you value your place in this world? If you do, you will stay out of my way as I investigate. Because the only thing that drives me currently is that man's retribution in what is left in this crapsake world. If you foresake your own life by getting in the way of that retribution, do not say I did not warn you. Am I making myself clear?"
"The feeling is mutual. Do not say we did not try to find a place for you in our-"
"Good. Now get out of my face. You can leave through that window there in one piece or several."

And so ended that last confrontation between me and the organized crime world.

............................................................................................................................

Meanwhile, before I was so rudely interrupted, I had finally established a suspect-of-interest. A female who had caught my eye in the midst of the aftermath of the False Prophet's trial. A girl who was acting very strangely, simply put. I had finally decided to question her to see everything she knew about me and John. After taking one final look at everything I knew once the intruder left, I made my way to her house at once.

To my grand surprise, it would appear as though she was fearful and exhausted upon my entry. The woman actually was trying to conceal readying a fireplace poker to attack me with. I just couldn't really forgive that little mistake. You see, this must mean that she was anticipating my arrival the entire time. To me, this was a clear sign of a guilty conscience. She must have been the female on the carriage the night John died. The small talk began as small, but soon, question after question, all she would ever insist was not knowing anything about me or John in the end, except for the odd sighting after homecoming.

As I thought. The girl was clearly suspicious, though terribly exhausted. So I decided that enough was enough. I would see her final, truthful identity by putting her out of her misery with such a weight of a guilty conscience. And soon, I was able to act. She tiredly got up, shaking from exhaustion to offer me more "hospitality". I returned her favor with my own.

Her life had ended. Meanwhile, I finally got to search for the clues in her past... only to see THIS:

The Truth...? wrote:I just offer companionship damnit, it's not like that!

Night 1: Finn

And soon, my own guilty conscience kicked in. I just killed an innocent woman. She actually did know nothing after all.

It wasn't bound to be long before her discovery. Still, I found myself learning much tonight. I need to try to read people better for tomorrow. I'll keep everything in mind for this next upcoming night. I promise, John. Your time will come.

But for now... Dawn is approaching. I must try again after blending in with THEM- by getting some rest.

SK Monologues (4)

Spoiler: Chapter 3 ~ Towards Hopelessness

Today, I realized just how lonely and screwed I really am.

Last night, two others were discovered on top of the innocent hooker I slaughtered. Lo and behold, they had gone too rusty, because both investigators got caught. The incredibly dubious thing is, they even had different means in which they searched for the truth. So the fact that both got shot means that sometimes, the truth ITSELF is dangerous to search for. If you value your life, do as I do- wear a fully enclosed bulletproof suit underneath my clothes while searching. Such a waste of life.

Most of the others went pale after so much bloodshed. To me, it was a fresh reminder of the party last week, only all three people killed were deemed innocent by this Town. This Town, contrary to what most of these fools believe, is a very dangerous place to live in. We do not have the time to indulge in molasses and jesting about the seriousness of our calamity. Some of us are capable of seeing others killed. The murderers among us are capable of this scale of massacre.

But I still could not escape the feeling of foreboding I found myself in. I felt an unnatural presence in the air. Strong emotions were gripping onto my heart. Then I felt a sense of inspiration return, and then more gripping fear, and so on again. I realized very shortly that this had to be the work of a powerful display of two opposing magical forces among our remaining 17. With that in mind... I remember meeting a girl at that party, five years ago. She struggled to tell me about something, something immensely important to her, and it was worrying her. Something about an unnatural power within her. I don't remember much about her facial details- hardly any of these sixteen other acquainted people appear the same as they did to me that time ago. But all I remember is, if I could see her again, I would actually consider entrusting her with what I know. She seemed so... soft spoken, but innocent, and fearful that people would misunderstand her intentions. I want to find her... to protect her.

Meanwhile, other people were slowly becoming animated, their emotions intensified, by the manipulation forced onto them. People shouting at each other, loudly, and aggressively, just to recede and not be sure of what was happening to each other. You could hear the fear resonating in their voices. I grow very weary of many of the members shooting illogical dribble out of their mouths at obviously innocent people. I want to investigate those people tonight. But eventually, my willpower reached its maximum, and my desperation climaxed, after all my confidence had left me.

Nine of us condemned a familiar girl to die. I couldn't place her at first; all I heard were inaudible animal sounds. But there was no mistaking it. When she was tied, gagged, she began to cry through the gag. And suddenly, I realized just who I was watching. Her power was unmistakable- when she realized who I was, her fear became shared with mine.

Then someone pulled the switch, and her body dropped down with an interrupted shriek.

"NO!!!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, fighting back visible tears.

And then silence. She was gone. The Town's fear, induced by her powers, ended. They suddenly realized that there was still another mystic power in the air- but these powers were the ones perceived to be "lucky" powers, while the girl I shared a lonely connection with died. Brutally, simply for possessing powers they deemed "unlucky". A merciless, unforgivable act. And amid all the confusion of this manipulative day, I am partially to blame. And yet, I'm forced to rejoice with the others. I'm forced to regret her body, now crowned a decoration by these freaks. My final chance at friendship died with her- today.

These sick, bloodthirsty thugs will pay for what they did. They will pay for EVERYTHING.

And I know exactly who gets my next interrogation tonight.

SK Monologues (5)

Spoiler: Chapter 4 ~ A Town of Black and White?

When someone is in pursuit of the truth, frequently the lines blur in that chase. Sometimes, you just don't know when to do when you encounter grey in this world. Some people cast it aside, fearing its implications on humanity...

...But you're on a fool's errand when you try to wish it away.

That was my overall attitude upon arriving home last night. I collapse on my bed. Exhausted, emotional... confused. And all I can do is go over in my head all my considerations of these people. All I can think of is the senseless death having already transpired. The girl from the night before, who clearly cared about the people she worked with. And then the girl today, in complete fear only driven from being hated since her existence. Having lost John, I shared that fear.

His murderers are still out there. The damning evidence I'm searching for is still out there. And they probably already know I'm here. I could sense that much. I think I know who aligns themselves with the Godfather, based on the way a certain few would speak to one of us as though they were addressing a person of high significance. But I could sense the work of two magical presences- so I know for a fact that one of these casters was, in fact, the Mayor's spiritual guide. A powerful sorcerer seems to be lurking among us. In fact, I'm surprised they haven't been found by the Mafia yet...

But someone did indeed trigger a sour taste in my mouth earlier in the day. A person I once considered trustworthy, but took one act to cross me, as though they saw reason to doubt my intentions. I can accept not convincing everyone that I have a vested interest in ALL "innocent" lives in this town, but I grew weary of someone actively seeming to plot my downfall. The more I thought about the way this person exposed what I wished to hide, I knew I suspected malevolence.

So I paid him a visit, much in the same way that I interrogated poor Metrion. He recognized me immediately, and treated me to some snacks. We discussed the day's events. However, when I started to pry into his past, he would change the subject within moments. I would never understand why that was. And then he pretended not to know ANYTHING about the other 16 of us prior to being locked away in this town, which I knew had to be impossible. The whole reason any of us are here is because we were tightly connected since proceeding with our education!

It was clear to me. He had to be lying to me. So I wished him well that night, and quickly I rushed home and armed myself with something a little more... surprising than my trusty blade. I made sure to misplace his firewood, forcing him to risk freezing to death over returning outside to retrieve the lumber. As soon as I was able to get between my target and his house, I got his attention. And then I struck.

And so began the longest pursuit of my life, actually. The man had much tougher adrenaline than I thought. It took five knives, over the course of what felt like five long minutes, before I finally was able to neutralize him. The man must have been hallucinating- the whole time he was screaming that he was being chased by a loud madman. I always get very silent when pursuing my targets. However... I cannot say that I was alone tonight, just as I suspected all along.

When I finally got the chance and a clear aim to throw my fifth and final knife, he finally went down. Just as I was aiming for, he was still breathing. But just as I was about to approach him to ask him questions, I was halted by a sharp noise.

*click!*

There was no mistaking it. That was a gun. Before I could react in time, the butt of a shotgun was blasted into my kneecap, and I was bent double. I staggered, and tripped... my foot having snagged itself onto some roots, and I fell over.

*BANG!!!*

It took me a split second to realize that the attacker wasn't firing at me. But my heart dropped when I looked up. The truth was lost forever- my target fell down, his painful cries ended with one last, stifled scream. In a fit of anger, I could only look up at the person who had taken the truth from me.

"How do you do, Mr. Serial Killer?" The infamous crime lord chuckled at me. "Glad to be of service."
And with that, the Godfather turned around, rushing back to his headquarters.

I knew it. All along, this man remained one step ahead of my movements. All while still playing his "helpful smile while arming myself" tactics against me. There's no way I can trust this man to help me seek justice. There's no way I can trust him to help me search for John's killers, hiding themselves with the rest of the people he wishes to die anyway. To him, I'm clearly disposable. Beneath him. A means to an end.

And seeing him shoot the man I was interrogating makes me wonder all over again: "Just who is the enemy here?" Either way, it looks like I'm due for another night of endless tossing and turning under my sheets.

Rickdaily12

Postby Metrion » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:28 pm

Wow, those were pretty good, looking forward to reading the rest. :D
Metrion

Postby Rickdaily12 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:59 pm

SK Monologues (6)

Spoiler: Chapter 5 ~ Hunting while Hunted

The next morning, I knew it right away when we saw the poor trauma patient left at the Town Square for all to see. This town is in a state of urgent, paranoia-filled panic. It's not just the truly innocent residents fearing for their lives, it's every single other person living here, regardless if they truly have their hands clean of spilled innocent blood or not.

You can see the urgency in their eyes, their lips quiver with every word, their heads jerking violently toward whoever makes just a single sound. This only climaxes once someone even mentions their name with a question attached. Then they start panicking and their anxiety starts getting the better of them- making them look even worse.

I frown at the situation here. Innocent people are dying every 12 or so hours. They have a right to be worried.

But these people aren't acting normally. Their fears are so overpowering with the killers on the loose that they, in TURN, draw more suspicion onto themselves at the sight of all this bloodshed. And one of these people are horrible- a third investigator was discovered dead today, shoot by the war hero. Meanwhile, our City's highest private-eye was returned from the dead having been killed by this hero. The poor man was so traumatized by what happened that he had little memory of the night he was shot. He was very out of it, not really able to lead this desperate, pleading Town into safety.

I tried to lead conversation to get a better idea of the Mafia, but I can see eyes narrowing on me for trying to do this. I'm careful not to be too confrontational, but rather I try to expose those trying too hard to hide for no reason. Meanwhile, we can all tell that someone out there is enjoying this too much. While trying to work out the leader with all the guns, we couldn't help but hear an alarming snicker, as if someone was trying to jest about our situation...

They ALMOST tricked us into lynching an innocent man today, but it wasn't long before I cornered our angelic private-eye for the evidence that made this man's innocence exceptionally likely. At that point, my heart dropped at what happened next in that very instant.

"ALRIGHT! THAT does it!" An angry member of the Town steps forward, confronting all of us.
"You people make me sick! ALL of you! Standing around here, debating about who needs to die at our merciless hands, and you ALL forget that we are tasked with saving the city of Salem! And all you can do is just stand there and try to see your fellow neighbours die, when even you can't see just how innocent they really are!"

The Town gawked at this man's confrontation, but I step forward with a lowered brow, irritated with his insults.

"And who exactly are you to dictate to us who is innocent? If I recall, you've been silent for most of our time here."
He sneers at me, furiously. "You naive cretin. You honestly think I don't know guilt or innocence?"
And to everyone's shock and horror, he pulls open his jacket, revealing a golden crest of the Godfather's insignia.
"You... YOU!" I stutter, shocked. "You're... the actual-"
"-Just as I told you, NONE of you know what you're dealing with. All of you, murdering each other." The Godfather narrows his brow. "This town is more brutal than my family. You're all pathetic bugs."
The town whispers desperately among each other, fearful of what to do about this man's insinuations.
Then, people start to advance to condemn him to the gallows, without any further words.
"So that's it, then? You actually just exposed yourself, to die, to prove a point?" I raise my brow.
"That, and to leave you all with a stern warning. He addresses everyone else's silence. "It would appear the rest of you, unlike this man here, lack goals worth fighting for. You all seem to forget that it's not just our lives at stake here, it's the lives of everyone else at home. My Family and I want to save our city from the torture your witch trials here put our residents to. The horrors YOU ALL inflict upon them. This man here actually had the bravery to stand for what he believes in against me today. The rest of you, are just sheep. Cowards. You don't deserve to live in this city deciding their fate anymore. And I'm addressing one more person who hides among you."
After an awkward silence, I broke it once more. "And just who do you refer to?"
The Godfather sneers at me again with a chuckle. "Have a look for yourself, why don't you?"
Some of the town shrieks at him tossing me a letter, marked with his insignia. I unseal it and read it out loud.

The Godfather's Final Killing wrote:To whoever knows the contents of this message, allow me to make one last thing clear to the survivors of this treacherous town. There is a hidden truth that not everyone knows about at this time.

In the event that no one else seems to notice, we are all very closely linked together in past events. To no one else who remembers (like our forgetful friend, the Amnesiac, who is now dead), everything began five years ago. We attended the same party shortly after we celebrated the end of our education in that chapter of our lives. And I'm sure most of you remember what happened that night. Two people we all knew, very well, died that night, scarring all of us permanently.

Their deaths were officially ruled as an accident. But we know differently. Our family formed once we found out that someone here has been performing investigations designed to hide the fact that the REAL instigator of our Homecoming host's death was actually arranged by the Town. We can't prove any longer that the man's death was arranged. But we CAN prove that the Mayor has been behind the scenes of this, arranging "accidental" deaths the entire time. It should also be pointed out that our friend that night was another Investigator who plotted to tell me a secret that night, five years ago.

And that's not all. Another man died that night- John Porter, our aspiring lawyer. He was actually kidnapped by another of the Mayor's agents. One of you is very aware of this. You've plotted to find the truth about that night from the very beginning. Yes, you are, in fact, our "Serial Killer". And we hold the evidence required for you to seal away the remaining two who have stolen away your best friend from you. Yes, if you are hearing this now, you are hearing it right. Unfortunately, we have tried to give you your chance to help us once and for all. You refused us, twice. This will have consequences.

We have enough evidence to expose you once and for all, Serial Killer. You will obey our every command, or this town will hear your name spoken out loud for all to hear. Do YOU understand?

May this message hear the other truth seekers well. Our family will try to save this town from the menaces for now. And with that, I wish you all good night, and best to your futures. We apologize for whatever fate awaits you.

When I finished reading the note, my eyes closed, tears forming. An awkward silence broke the town again.

"ENOUGH!" The private-eye finally screamed at us. "That man is full of trickery as is. Let that letter be his last words to us, and let us finally end this madness on his part."
"Yes, our angel has a point." The Godfather regarded us all again. "You know how the saying goes- just lynch the bastard! Just remember that you should heed the truth of what REALLY operates in Salem. Isn't that right, Investigator?"
"Will the Town please just trust me? We need to work together to survive! You know the rules- we can't kill anyone without the majority support! WHY are all of you silent?!?!?! We need one more to condemn him!"
But the Godfather's final words really scarred all of us. It was clear what all of us were debating at that point.
With resolve, I finally stepped forward. "I'll do it."

And finally, the leader of the Mafia met his doom, leaving the final message he could for the city he truly cared for:

Godfather's Last Will wrote:Remember *cough* lynch the bastard just to be safe *dies*

And with that dealt and over with, I knew exactly who needed to be interrogated tonight.

SK Monologues (7)

Spoiler: Chapter 6 ~ To Finish what was Started (Warning- VERY long!)

A man in my position is in a trying one. A world where no one wants you to exist, and you feel as though your goals are widely unwanted ones. Even so, they are goals you feel as though any sound person would want to have.

The infamous crime lord was finally condemned to die at the gallows yesterday. I rest easier at night knowing this, because with the leader of the criminal underground now neutralized, I can kill those criminals at any point, since he was the only member wise enough to gear himself similar to how I do it. This town is a lot safer with the end of that man's life. Plus, my ability to intimidate the remaining pieces of this Mafia into cooperating with me have gone a lot more higher now.

But what that man said shortly before passing on in that letter of his makes it hard to rest easy at night. I'm completely torn about what to make of it. I never could know the origins of his "Family" forming the way it did. Could it be true? I did not recall the exact occupation of our host the night he died- although I DO know that it dealt with with information gathering. But every forensic scientist in the Police's department was at the scene that fateful day. I KNOW this! The whole reason the police were not able to rescue John that night was because they were all utilized that night at the mansion... so could it really be true that it was the Mayor who arranged such an accidental appearing scene, just to order another hit on a man I was so close to? Because if this is true... then... everything seems to fall horribly into place...

I can't deal with this. I toss myself off the bed, just so I can pace up and down the room. I think back to that night. I think VERY carefully. Just how was John taken from me, exactly...?

...ARGH! I can't. His screams of terror, I just can't put myself through to listen to them again. So I just have to assume for now that John's killers... took him conventionally, without any real covert action. In that case, what was the covert action? Perhaps... could it have been the night the host was killed by the Chandelier?

And then my eyes flash on me again.

.....................................................................................................................................

(5 Years Ago...)

"You know, you seem shy, but you're hilarious once you let your hair down a little."
She blushes. "Thanks, you're really kind as well. You've really been able to cheer me up."
I frown. "Not everyone has to be an enemy...! People can be understanding if you give them a chance..!"
She shakes her head. "It's not a matter of who is or is not an enemy, though. It's not even a matter of them being able to understand! It's a matter of what is dictated through our natural laws...!"
My eyes widen and her tears return. An awkward silence passes between us.
"Pardon me... but what exactly did you mean by that?"
"It's nothing. Please- just forget I said anything. I'm sorry for putting you through this. Please..."
My brow narrows in frustration, and I think harder.
"You know... I have this friend. I really didn't know what I could do for people until I met him. But he's truly amazing, with the spirit he puts into believing people can do wonderful things." I look her right in the eyes. "A person like that opened my eyes, when no one else could. I thought I was a horrible person, who only made life harder on people just by being around. Thanks to him, I know I'm so much more than just a burden."
She shakes her head in confusion. "Just what are you trying to say...?"
I smile. "Some people will look to themselves, and they are too blind by fear to change into something better. They don't believe in what humans can do- they think we're capable of causing nothing but harm. People like that will always exist. But they aren't in the majority. Sometimes you must put everything you know behind you, and take the biggest risk of your life; by jumping into the unknown. It's also the biggest leap of your life, the furthest you can ever travel in one sitting. And sometimes, you just need to believe in the hope someone can inspire inside you. For me, that came from my best friend. He's made me realize now that by being a defense lawyer, I can do this for other people, like he did for me."
I get down to her level again. "Hopefully, you can realize the same thing about yourself." And I smile again.
More tears run down her face, but I'm sure I heard a giggle, as she got up.
"It was great to meet you. I hope you're right. And with that, she left.
I smile at what I've just managed to do. I felt really great, as though a powerful surge of energy went into me...

"So, it looks like you cheered her up after all?" John smiles as we walk down a corridor.
"It seems that way." I frown. "I wonder what could make her that fearful?"
He rubs his chin, looking down. "Trust me, I think I know EXACTLY why she's fearful. She has a right to be afraid."
I raise my brow at him.
"It was something you said after. I think I know why. And I'm sure you'll figure it out too, when the time is right."
"I suppose. I guess I just needed to do what needed to be done, just so she can at least enjoy the night."
"And that much was wonderful of you." He smiles at me. "I remember her from classes, she absolutely was not the most vocal member of it. Not a whole lot of people would have tried so hard to cheer her up."
I smile again. "There's no need for any more misery in this world. Things are challenging enough as is. I'll do everything I can to make this world brighter for everyone else who lives in it, no matter what.
"I know you will. And I'll do this with you as well, every step of the way."
A bright officer quickly rushes down at us, looking at us in sheer terror, then storming off down the hall.
"Hmm." John's eyes narrowed. "I wonder."
"What was his problem?" I scratch my head. "He looks as though he just saw a ghost!"
"Let me ask you something." He looks right at me. "Do you get the feeling as though there's something going on tonight? Like, something big that's been planned for well in advance?"
I shake my head. "What makes you ask?
"The fact that there's even police at a homecoming party to begin with." He says very sternly.
My eyes widen at him.
"Let's follow him. I wonder what he's up to..."

After a long time, the officer was taking several lefts and rights down hallways, often making sure he had no tails.
"You're definitely right. I look at John. "It seems as though there's something urgent with him."
"It's just a regular gathering for students." John looked at me, worried. "There's no reason for this much patrol guard in the first place, but they're acting as though they're expecting an organized strike here or something.
After going up several flights of stairs, we finally reached the highest floor of the main foyer. A giant square opening allowed for people to peer down into the main floor ballroom. The officer walked by the railing, disappearing into a black tent.
Concerned, John walked over to where the railing was closest to us, and peered down, still frowning. I join him.
Down at the main floor, we see a rich figure, presumably the host, take the center of the floor.
"Fellow graduates! It brings me great pleasure to welcome you all into my home! Your great journey to the rest of your lives begins as of now, and I am humble and proud to wish you well on that adventure! The road ahead...-"
We tune out the speech. "Do you really think the mansion's owner is the type to expect an attack?"
"No, you're definitely right there." John shakes his head. "You can tell from his body language. This man does not look the slightest bit anxious- he seems hardly even aware of the manpower that is occupying his home even as we speak. I don't think he even knows people are even up here, watching him from three floors up."
We continue frowning as we watch what happens next. I barely remember hearing this, but now I'm sure.
"-lamadere!"
*ZZZZZAP!* *SHINK!!!* *ERRRnnnnnn*
"JOHN!" I scream, pointing desperately at the stirring chandelier.
It finally catches his eye, and he gawked, as it ripped down and started to fall.
*CRASH!!!* "AHHHHHHHH-!!!!!!!!" A person's dying scream rings out among those living.
Flustered, I look down to our right, and see a hooded figure dash down the stairs that way.
"John! Over there! I point down in the direction they took off. "A person just started running!"
John looks at me frantically. "Move it! Hurry!"

.....................................................................................................................................

I approach a figure now examining the well in greater detail, closer to where the Amnesiac had been killed.

"As I thought." My anger starts seering. "All along, it was you."
The figure jumps back from the well, startled badly. "Excuse me? I don't know what you're talking about."
"Yes, you DO!" I spit back. "Five years ago- it was YOU who killed the homecoming host!"
For a split second, his face goes pale, but then it restores. " 'One of you is very aware of this-' I see then!" Then his face twists into a sneer. "So, you're our Serial Killer, is that right?"
"John Porter taught me something very important five years ago." I ignore the question. "He taught me that any REAL criminal will eventually make their way back to the crime scene. I came here initially presuming you innocent of everything the Godfather indicted you of. But you weren't home. And why is that?"
"Bullshit- the Godfather never ONCE used my name." The figure grew defensive immediately.
"Save it." I seethed. "I can sense your magical power even now! YOU are the Mayor's mystical aide, blessed with the magical powers everyone else deems "the lucky powers". You can't hide this from me!"
He laughs, condescending me. "And you know what that means, right? I brought our precious Investigator back from the dead. I'm the good guy! You're the brutal murderer who wants everyone else to die!"
"You're a ruthless, merciless man, hiding crime underneath a coveted title. You make me sick."
"Exposing you as the true Serial Killer will only make everyone love me even more."
"Tell me why the Mayor wanted the Amnesiac to die!" I grew impatient. "NOW!"
He took a moment to respond, but eventually complied. "Our top doctors and spies quickly learned that the man's sudden loss of memory proved to be volatile. However, his intelligence was spectacular as is. All it would take for him to oppose our goals would be to meet the right people who knew of what happened five years ago, for him to be able to join their ranks in full force. Even if it meant joining the criminal underground- or in your case, YOU."
"And so you came to conceal all evidence proving all of this." I felt my teeth clench at him.
"More like, point the evidence to the bad group everyone in the City already fears." Then he smirks at me again. "And look at who, of all people, decided to show up! What perfect timing, thanks for revealing yourself to me!"
*BOOOOOM!*
I screamed as a magical force swept me clear off of my feet onto the ground.
"Now is good as a time of any to pin everything on you!" He sneers, pulling out a long sword. "You disappoint me! You're utterly foolish for daring to approach me unarmed! Now, DIE!!!"

Quickly I jump to my feet, side-stepping him, and I was able to trip him after he charged at me. Finally I got my knife out by this point. Cursing, he blasts an incantation into the ground, the force counteracting his weight, keeping him upright. This allowed him to launch into a full assault right away, surprising me with the quick recovery.

But I was no longer flat-footed, and my agility between us was far superior. Plus, I'm very comfortable carrying my usual blade for a reason. People don't usually expect me to be as able to parry enemy sword strikes as well as I do with it. I'm usually able to give surprising counters just as soon as their power rebounds off my knife. It's stronger than it appears.

It was a brutal battle. Magical incantations were being blasted all around me, and it was hard to be able to advance my guard toward him during the duration of the entire fight. I've never had to anticipate in my sword training, an enemy who was able to use offensive magical spells against me in order to improve their fighting ability. Because of this, he got in a few good hits on my body, but my armor kept me mostly fine, and I was able to protect my face from any wounds. After a long ten minutes, I finally was able to corner him against the well. He tried to shield his body- but he forgot the sword, and I was able to disarm him at last. The fight finally ended.

He was gasping for air, quaking in fear. "So... so that's it, huh?!" He demanded. "This whole time, you're a man of honor- but you're going to end up siding with the crime lord to kill a whole bunch of innocents?!"
I put my knife against his throat, silencing him as he trembled.
"You listen here. The Godfather knew this whole time that my only goal was the pursuit of the truth. And in the four days that I have been a resident here, I've discovered this whole time the real enemy for all of us is actually the Mayor. The person responsible for my friend's death and the terrorism in our City is the leader himself. That right there is an event that cannot be forgiven. As innocent lives die, he just sits in the city, enjoying being paid, covering his tracks. I will end him for that. And if you oppose me in trying to do that, as you also finished trying, you will burn with him as well."
And with that, I finished the Retributionist off, his body falling into the well.

It doesn't matter anymore, what any of us here want in this town from this point onward. Now I know who's behind all the treachery. I will try my very best to spare anyone who wants this violence and bloodshed to end. It will end with the death of the Mayor on my part. But John's killers are still out there, along with other warlike "Town members", with the brutal Mafia, trying to kill anyone they perceive as being in their way.

For me to save anyone in the end, they need to be neutralized FIRST. Regretably.

SK Monologues (8)

Spoiler: Chapter 7 ~ One Step Closer

I write this journal entry well before it even being noon today.

The town woke up this morning, and we discovered the Mafia had already re-shuffled itself enough to get ready to kill another innocent Town member. It would seem they figured out which house to visit tonight. (Which, frankly, wasn't too hard to deduce) Visiting the house of our Investigator would lead them to the waiting BodyGuard, who was then killed by the newest killer. Then there was the sick, twisted, mystical freak who I killed last night. People discovered the battle occurred at the well, though no one seemed too concerned with what he was doing there in the first place last night.

Whatever.

If I thought yesterday was fearful, today was the largest disaster, as though the City got swept away in a tornado. Everyone turned at least several shades pale once we all realized, standing outside our private-eye's house, that this very well could be considered his last day living. With three criminals deeply caring about him dying at this point, we needed to know who we should toss to the gallows in order to ensure that the people who wanted us dead... died.

To our shock, out comes our investigator wearing a bathrobe, happy as can be.

"So, taking a personal day there, Investigator?" I asked him with a raised brow.
"Don't mind me, everyone." He whistles cheerfully. "One of you last night... I can't remember you clearly, but what you do.... YIKES. You're just simply divine when you-!"
"-OKAY there, Investigator!" A girl beside me objected. "I don't even WANT to know what brought that out."
"With that inciteful comment out of the way... what exactly did you find out last night?"
"Wuzzat?" He looked at me confused. "OH! That! Yeah, funny story...!"

...What a pig.

Finally, the private-eye's attention goes to the guard's body. He shrieks in sheer terror.
"Oh, so you finally get it now?" The girl crosses her arms. "Our lives are still at stake while you fool around!!!"
"Do you have ANY idea who this is?!" He demands from her.
"Even if I said I didn't, you'll probably just tell m-"
"I asked him to watch the door while I got that visitor last night! That means they know they can kill me now!!!"
His eyes turn furiously toward another girl. "YOU!"
"Who, me?" She asks casually.
"Was that the one who you were-?"
"NO!" He was turning red now.
"OH, so I guess that's not really your thi- OW!"
"I really don't think the inspector has the time OR the mood to entertain you right now." I jab her.
"QUIET! YOU, you told me you watched the door so that no one would get HIM either!" He screams, pointing to the body.
"I do remember saying that, yes." She chirps with a smile. "And I did."
"AND?!"
"Well, I thought- what better way to keep you occupied, than distracted THAT way while I shoot your guard?"
The Investigator's mouth started shaking, in sheer anger.
"What? You can't get too upset with me for it working so well."

And with that said and done with, we probably had the most anti-climatic lynching the Town had ever witnessed since forming. Never before have I seen any criminal be so content with her dying like that.

That girl, though... only started being exceptionally loud today. I feel as though I should ask her more later tonight.

SK Monologues (9)

Spoiler: Chapter 8 ~ A Glimmer of Hope

.........................................................................................................................

(5 Years Ago...)

Amid several glass shards of the now unrecognizable grand chandelier, John Porter saw himself before the body, at the center of the puzzle he now sought out to solve. I approach him with care, as police run about.

"Do you have any clue who could be behind this?"
He shakes his head. "It's too early to be drawing any conclusions. You should know better."
"I cross-checked his maintenance records." I continue. "He had regular checkups done on his utilities, his home security, his emergency exit procedures- and the one we would be most interested in: His architecture."
I pass the blueprints off to him. "I've memorized the details and the layouts of this manor. He had these routine maintenance checks done by a third party government security group once a year. There was one done just before this party, so everything looks up to date as well. He wanted to guarantee the safety of his guests, from the looks of things."
"He didn't even attend our school at all." He winces at the body. "Who would kill such an extremely kind man?"
"Anything we figured out about the crime scene here, while I was gone?" I change the subject.
"No, nothing particularly useful as far as suspects." He shakes his head again. "In fact, if anything, you've done a splendid job of confusing me even more. No one reported any suspicious looking people on the ground floor, and there seem to be no signs of forced entry anywhere in the building. We were able to look at the ceiling while you were away, and there's been no tampering up there either. And if you look at the brass cap of the chandelier here yourself, there's been a clean horizontal cut right where the tip ends. That would have been impossible by any standard means, so we don't know..."
I frown. "But that is impossible! We saw no one up there when it fell!"
"Exactly."
"No, something here can't be right. Let me take a closer look..."
I reach out to touch the tip of the chandelier.
*sssssss!*
I cry in shock and pain. "ARGH! What- what is this?!"
John's eyes widen at me. "Are you okay?"
"John, this tip is hot to the core!" I clench my teeth. "Just how long ago did this thing fall?"
"It couldn't have been longer than 30 minutes ago. We were one of the first to arrive on scene with the police."
"We chased that figure, who disappeared into the crowd down here. I never was able to find them again. But you've been here for as long as I can remember, and no one has left the building. And the police are STILL checking the rooms?"
"Yes..." John closes his eyes, then they widen again. "Wait, you can't be seriously suggesting-?!"
"John, this chandelier fell 30 minutes ago." My eyes narrow. "I'm not sure what energy this tip was infused with to snap the way we saw it did, but most importantly, the metal would have been seering and likely would have shown signs of warping out of place when you put gravity back into question. Yet the edge here is perfectly intact?"
"I know what you're trying to say, but I've been here all this time."
"And were you keeping your eyes on that tip while discovering the body with the police?"
He falls silent. Then, he slowly speaks again.
"The government was behind the maintenance checkups, and everything was reported being in superior condition just days before this event. But this does not explain why there was so much influence on their part tonight, is also what you're getting at. Then, there's these almost supernatural events happening, and this man ends up dead."
"Yes, that is exactly what I am trying to say." I nod.
John's face evolves from puzzled to grim. "I see. Let's wait for the police to finish investigating, and then leave."

On our way home on a wagon, John turns to me again, with a look that could kill.
"So, no suspect was found for the time being. But I darn well know something bad happened here in secret."
"I know." I sigh. "I mean, 'we are considering this an accident for now' just strikes me as too naive this time around."
"That was a mistake on their part, yes. But, you grabbing the blueprints and maintenance reports when you did was an extremely intelligent move on your part." He smiles at me. "But something big just transpired here- you know this, yes? The government's hands are all over this man, both in life and in death. And it gets bigger than that. Do you know that man's occupation?"
"I can't even say I know who that man is, John." I shake my head. "Just a friend of our headmaster."
"He is widely known as a brilliant private investigator. But not one that would work on the crime scenes we just did. He's more of an investigative journalist, very good at exposing the lies that corrupt large groups in secret. And he is usually awarded in a large sum of money for every bad thing he can expose."
My eyes widen. "You don't say......."
"Then, the fact that the government seems to be keeping a close watch on him at all times..." His face goes stern again.
"But John, I already told you... I'm pretty sure what I saw before him dying was magic! The energy...!"
"I know." He studies the ground in defeat.
A quiet silence fills the air. Finally, he breaks it.
"But I know that if it's the last thing you do, you'll sort out everything that needs to be settled in this man's death." He looks at me with a confident smile. "I know what we are able to do. You'll prove everything along with me, no matter what happens. That's what I told the police on our way out the door today- to send to us, especially if they feel as though they can call someone a suspect."
"Good." I grunt. "I'm pretty sure at the rate that they're going, someone's going to end up falsely accused..."
And then we begin mingling again, just like any other night. Though, this night was absolutely like no other...

.........................................................................................................................

I finally approached the house, this time, completely out of my usual incognito. I knocked on the door. The door opened and the anxious woman peered out at me from within.

"What do you want?"
"You and I both know that our Investigator's time with us has run out." I look her in the eye.
"Yes."
"Good. So pardon me, but I have it on good authority that you haven't been killing anyone."
"Are you here to berate me, attack me, or just spit out the obvious?" She starts to grow impatient with me. "Look around. It's dark out. You're not safe out here, and don't even think about asking to stay here. Are you leaving now?"
My brow thickens. "I trust you enough to think that I can settle this and point out the murderers. Okay?"
She takes a deep sigh and thinks on it. Finally, she asks,
"And what if I refuse?"
"Do you have a last will prepared to help this town? If not, then you aren't doing a damn thing to help us."
She grunts, and opens the door wider. "Fine. Let's discuss privately. I don't want to be seen right now."

And so begins a long discussion about the current situation the City of Salem was in...

"-and so, in short, I suspect the people trying to act like our neighbourhood clown." I finally finish, while enjoying tea.
"I see." She nods. "I suppose that makes the most sense of our situation."
My eyes widen a little. "Don't you have anything else to add?"
"No?"
I raise my brow, given that she did hardly anything besides watch me speculate for a half hour.
"So, if that's everything...?"
"Pardon me for asking, but I was wondering what you've been up to before being exiled out here."
Her face twists in huge irritation now. "I don't know what that has to do with anything. Why ask."
"There's something that the Godfather made an interesting point about, remember?" I lean forward. "The Serial Killer looking for clues to the past, finding out about what happened to a man named John Porter."
She looks off to the side. "I have no idea who you're talking about. That's the first time I ever heard of that guy."
I study her closely, my face blank.
"And for that matter, you're asking a LOT of dangerous questions." She walks over to the door. "Let's suppose, for the sake of argument, that you were encountering this Serial Killer tonight. And you asked him such questions about that man named John Porter. What happens then?"
I frown. "Clearly the Serial Killer cares very much for him. But hang on- why should I be so sure they're male?"
"Are you seriously accusing me of being such worthless scum on this world?!" She demands from me.
"No, I'm just asking you to consider my perspective in these questions I'm posing to you."
"Don't waste my time with these trivial, disingenuous questions. Now, as I was saying... let's suppose for a second that you DID know something about this man, John Porter, which you clearly seem to. And you knew you were speaking with this Serial Killer about this man's death. How would you approach the situation if you started being asked questions to which you know not of? The idea that this man has caused death for all who hear that name makes me worry for you."
"Is that right...? Well, I'll start sleeping with a gun underneath my pillow, then."
"Well, there's that, and the fact that I think you're reading too closely into the final note written by the big bad himself? You know, the GODFATHER? The big bad crime lord? You better stop asking this to everyone. Bad things might happen."
"I see."
She casually paces over to the window behind my chair, examining it. "People are out there lurking in the night, searching for their own truth, for their own sake. One particular man is probably being screwed today while others die. People are out there, in this town even, I bet... making sure all who know the name of that John Porter never see the light of day again..."
And another silence falls upon the room as a quiet click is sounded.
"-YOU will be joining them, Serial Killer!" She whips a pistol and points to the cushion of my chair, from behind.
*BANG!*
But there was no scream. The woman utters a stifled gasp.
*SHINK!*
"AHHHHHHHH-!!!!" She screams, as I jump from behind, my knife thrusted into her spine.
"There's more than one way of doing things." I spat. "I knew it. You were the final female of this town, and you've been silencing all who know the truth of that man's death for the Mayor! YOU killed John!"
"I.... I can't... move... or feel..." She could only cry, having been paralyzed from the neck down.
"Know this." I seethed at her. "I knew all along that you've been pursuing me, and that this is why you've been so anxious for me today. You knew I was coming for you. And your partner still lurks in this town. He will die, if I have anything to say about it. And once all that is over, your precious leader is next once I finally arrive in the city again."
"You FOOL!" She curses at me. "You won't get the Mayor! Everyone fears him, and the things he knows about us-!"
*SHINK!*

And she was silenced. One of the three directly responsible for everything had finally repaid their debt. I finally put her to rest on her bed. It was probably her first time ever on it- the bed lacked any wrinkles from use before.

Having found my answers for the night, and one of the culprits behind all this madness, I leave her home, returning to my own... where I collapse on my own bed and start weeping in relief. After five long years... I just might bring everything to an end. It's crazy to even thing such a thing to happen- but also, a glimmer of hope.

SK Monologues (10)

Spoiler: Chapter 9 ~ Triple Threat

This is getting more difficult to deal with. It no longer seems to just be me struggling with the anxiety now.

Today it dawned on me, that people in this exiled town are finally starting to piece the puzzle together. They are in a lot more grave danger than they realized. Once again, our investigator crawled out of bed this morning, brutally exhausted by the person spending time with him. Today we learned that a drug-induced stupor is the culprit of his lack of memory, for the Consort hiding among us seems to be that of a male as well. The poor man hated the enjoyment he felt once again.

As people hide their faces, I scan the living ten of us, and think back all the letters and reports of visitors at our party last week. According to the letter that was found on Adam the Blackmailer, there are two others left in this Mafia that were referred to. Which leaves us with the lunatic (whom everyone is ALREADY well aware by now) obsessed about his own lynching. And me. So with our inspector there wasting his time, John's killer hides among the other five "innocents".

Today, here's a nice summary of most of the discussion that took place:

"...Well. So if you were being distracted, we don't know who else is killing."
"..."

...And there you have it. Half of the residents in this hellish place have already been massacred by the ruthless murderers who dwell here. And we've reached the very end of this stick where they don't know how to doubt the neighbors they considered friends five years ago. Where, when you have one particular man stand up and say:

"Everything that man there has done was also a ruse full of scum!!!"

The entire town just silently agrees and starts to kill that person, up until someone screams to stop. To search harder. Just for the conversation to die again, as eyes turn to a new suspect. Until eventually, after five brutal, painfully long hours, a man had no defense brought for him. His neck was tied, despite his pleas of innocence, and down he went.

.....................................................................................

Meanwhile, there was something else that I was searching for this morning. I couldn't help but feel a powerful gaze drawn onto me, fixated, as though one person in that crowd was waiting for me to make a mistake they could pounce on. It had to do with earlier this morning, when it was still dark. I got out of bed, having barely slept, lamenting John after the passing of one of his killers. I was at my kitchen table, slowly regaining consciousness, rubbing my forehead.

Yet, when I heard the shotgun snap behind me- immediately I sprung from the chair and caught the intruder off guard.

*BANG!*

The shells tore a gaping hole into one of my walls! I'd come too far for this. I dashed down into my study, and ran into the closet, where I very quickly grabbed one of the protective masks stashed away in one of my drawers.

*BANG!* My back bursts in a small searing pain as hot metal rushes through the bulletproof material.

My attacker cursed loudly, thinking I'd have fallen instead of cursing in pain. But approaching me was a mistake- my knife was in my hands now, and parrying the firearm away as it was too awkwardly close to me was a simple task for someone so hardened in physical combat. Someone like me. But my attacker knew failing to go on the retreat now would have been fatal, so a few more spray shots were fired in my direction. After all that, he took off entirely.

By the time I got to the window he smashed on the way out... he was gone, and no where to be seen.

.....................................................................................

No one in their right mind would have confronted me verbally in the Town today, having barely escaped from my killing reach like that. But I could tell someone is watching me closely, and I know that the Mafia are tired of me being around in this town, as they battle me for control of a city I want to save from the grips of their dirty-handed ways.

I hold the calling card, marked with the Godfather's insignia, as a reminder of a very simple fact: They are afraid of me, and what I can do to them. So is the Mayor as far as I can tell, with his tactically-trained goons, lying in wait for me.

But most importantly, one more person is afraid of what I will do to the City of Salem.

Me.

You didn't think I gave up on this, did you? :P

Rickdaily12

Postby LeScraf » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:37 pm

Metrion wrote:Re-read day 6 with this going.

Made it 100x more epic like I said.

This is Rick's damn theme song.
LeScraf
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Veeena » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:05 am

STILL RESERVED OBIWAN :lol:
OSRS Accounts: Veeena
Lewd Queen (Former HCIM)
Peepo Vee (GIM)

FF14: Xa Erros (NA Sargantas)

Formerly M4xwell
Known as
Xa/M4xy/Vee

Spoiler: Image

Some fucking Vee I suppose.

Veeena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ObiWan » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:52 am

M4xwell wrote:STILL RESERVED OBIWAN :lol:

Fixed
This was not the scumslip you were looking for.

Alzar wrote:there is no such thing as a meta, forum mafia is a lie, we are products of a confused society

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby ObiWan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:16 pm

Game Over

ImageImage
This was not the scumslip you were looking for.

Alzar wrote:there is no such thing as a meta, forum mafia is a lie, we are products of a confused society

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Previous

Return to Game Threads