[Newcomer FM] NFM1 | "Getting Schooled" (Town & Exe Wins!)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: [Newcomer FM] NFM1 Day One (Simulation)

Postby MamiT0m0e » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:57 pm

alouvre wrote:Vig can't shoot on night one, but it is a good idea to shoot an exe claimer, if we can afford to do so.

That would be good so that we can get rid of any mafia trying to prove another mafia member town with that trick...
But In that scenario where X claims exe and gets shot, dies and X is mafia... I would think it unwise to assume that whoever he claimed is his target is mafia because mafia could be using that strategy against us.
My FM Carer in a Nut Shell
NFM #1-WIN-Exe
NFM #2- ongoing

MamiT0m0e
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby CJBlack44 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:27 am

Morning guys!

So, 3 hours left in the day. cheesybrains has yet to post something; everyone else has been talking.

Regarding the whole lynching the exe business - I don't know what to say. It's true, a Neutral might side with the Mafia and screw Town over, but if it's possible, I would much rather try to attract the Neutral on our side. We're in a dangerous situation as it is - another vote could help both sides win more easily. I'm not saying we should definitely trust a neutral claim. It will all depend on the situation, the person who claims, whether they are Jester\Exe, etc. I'm just saying that from my POV it's something to keep in mind.

On the other hand, if someone outs themselves as Exe, a Vig should definitely shoot them if we have no other leads. If they are immune then they are confirmed Exe and we have a 90% confirmed Townie (I'm taking into account the possibility of Exe lying about their target for whatever weird, twisted reason o.O I've seen weirder things). In this situation, if they willingly came forward, they helped Town a lot and I believe Town should do their best to help them back. But like I said, I tend to be very sympathetic toward neutrals in general.

I'm also not saying that if a Mafia claims they are Exe and X is their target, X should be lynched. Of course not. X could be Town just as well as Mafia in this situation. At that point, if X seems scummy, they should be checked with whatever means possible.

Anyway, Neutrals aside, we should try to make the most of what's left of today and focus on a plan for tomorrow...? Unless we're incredibly lucky tonight, tomorrow it'll be 6v3v1, which is potentially 6v4. We know we can't afford a mislynch, but a nolynch wouldn't be the best thing either. I do realize it will all depend on what happens tonight and tomorrow.

However, I would suggest that everyone try to re-read this day and have at least 1 town and 1 suspect in mind. This is literally all we can do with what we currently have, and it might help us tomorrow. Do you think that would be a good idea? To try and form some small reads based on today?
CJBlack44
Witch
Witch

Postby CJBlack44 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:06 am

Well, only 1.30 hr left of today...so there's most likely no more time for any kind of discussion today especially since it's seems I'm the only one here (stupid timezone ffs :( )

I just wanted to wish the Town good luck for tonight!

I would like to remind whoever is TownProtective that TheCow and Metrion have both requested protection tonight. They may have done so because they are important townies or they could be scum trying to make sure protectives won't get in their way - this is something I think we should've maybe discussed today...? Kinda too late for that though. I'm not saying I think it's one or the other and I'm fairly sure the Protectives will (and should) use their best judgement deciding who to protect. I wish you luck and hope you get to save a life tonight :D

Whoever is TownInvest should not go for someone obvious, as they are very likely to be Framed if there' s Framer.

Now, it may seem like maybe I'm trying to give instructions or anything, which I assure you I'm totally NOT. I'm just offering my opinion, it's anyone's choice if they decide to take it into consideration. Mostly, I just wanted to wish everyone good luck and I'll hopefully see you all in the morning :)
CJBlack44
Witch
Witch

Postby alouvre » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:18 am

You're fine, CJ.

Everybody should use their best judgment, yes. Asking for protection is quite common in FM. In many cases I feel as if they are strategically placed for only protectives to notice, and discussing them may result in unintended rolefishing. But that's just my two cents.

I have to run now. Sleep well, everybody.
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby alouvre » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:27 am

One more thing. I believe this is what Mami was saying. Having a vig say X is immune later on doesn't quite confirm them. The vig could actually mafia with the exe, or just mafia pulling a risk.

You also have to keep in mind how likely it is to roll vig in this setup. Or anything other than a cit, prot or investigative. If you are a town support or killing role, you have an advantage over the others and should use that information accordingly (if somebody claims, think about how it fits with your own). Similarly if a town prot or town invest dies tonight and you are a prot or investigative you should be aware you are RT as well.

And while this is probably obvious, I feel as if this game is quite the anomaly and if you have played other games before this one it may be something to consider.

because I sure as hell forgot
pro tip: study the OP thoroughly
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby alouvre » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:50 am

OKAY ONE MORE THING

When I say consider your own role, I don't mean you should necessarily counterclaim somebody if they claim doc and you're a doc too.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=28441&start=2525

In this game there were two guaranteed prots and four random towns. Four protectives were rolled (bodyguard, doctor, and two marshals) which ultimately led to the doubting of the bg's claim. This game was also the game where town started off amazingly and then crashed and burned btw. It's a good read for a nice laugh and a lot of salt if you were town or mafia in that game.

But my point is: don't fall into a "gambler's fallacy" of sorts. This is actually pretty common and I hear people saying stuff like "but two protectives already died!" — as long as the rolelist permits it, it is very possible that both the rts will be of the same alignment. It just isn't probable.

Having that said, mafia either go for a safe or risky as fuck claim and either choose a role that's so unlikely that they hope it'll trick the town into believing them or a role that is so generic (COUGHCITCOUGH) that it can probably be counterclaimed ten million times unless a lot of cits already died or something.

If you find yourself on the lynching stand tomorrow (see: people are suspecting you but haven't quite decided to lynch you yet) DO NOT HARDCLAIM. Be compliant with your accusers and answer all their questions. Provide your reads or at least a suspect of yours and explain why they're a better lynch target than you. And while people may accuse you of shifting attention, there's not quite a way to show your good intentions otherwise.

If they still suspect you, try to claim in the middle of the day, to avoid pushing and to allow others to change their vote if necessary. It will also allow us time to assign a night plan if you are a PR. If you are unsure as to whether to claim, ask first.

Last wills on FM are, too, very important. Except in FM people actually READ them. So if you have some thoughts on today, no mater how useless you feel it may be, include them in your last will. And then include some memes and stuff. Maybe John Cena.

I probably forgot something and I also think I went over the deadline but yeah oops

Arc don't smite me ;-;
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby MamiT0m0e » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:33 am

Oh before the day ends, I hope everyone has a good night, the invests have good luck finding mafia, and the town protective makes the right choice and heals their target.
NFM #1-WIN-Exe
NFM #2- ongoing

MamiT0m0e
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: [Newcomer FM] NFM1 Night One (Curfew)

Postby Arcthurus » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:12 am

A loud ringing came from the speakers for a good 10 seconds.
"Now that this relaxing moment is over, let's see how you all fare on the dark. Goodnight, and don't let the bedbugs bite!

Night One begins!
Night One will end at 11:00 AM [UTC -3]

Arcthurus wrote:PM Protocols:
"NFM Last Will" for Last Wills.
"NFM Death Note" for Death Notes.
"NFM Night Action" for Night Actions.

Spoiler: Image

Art Count: 3
Spoiler: Cyrus & Horane

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Arcthurus » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:46 am

Night results will be sent now.

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Arcthurus » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:20 am

The ringing started again. As everyone came out of their rooms, they looked at each other's chests - and one of them, going by the name of Metrion, had their cloths shining in red. Someone must've shot them with a laser tag gun. "Oh well, this was fun. Probably should've left a Last Will, thinking about it...", said him. "Good luck to you guys, you'll kinda need it." He then left the simulation chamber, reducing the player count to 10.

Game Moderator Message: Metrion was killed by the Mafia last night!
No Last Will from him or Death Note from killers could be found.
His role was
Marshal!

Once more the voice announced, as gleefully a robot can be.
"It's not as... clean on the real thing, but you get the gist. Now, this is where things get fun - you'll have five days to figure out the evildoers. Just be careful to not get tricked into getting rid of an innocent, or things will get pretty ugly really soon!"
derp

Day Two begins!
Day Two ends at 12:30 PM, 10/16 [UTC -3], or when a majority has been reached!

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby alouvre » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:25 am

I slept peacefully.

Looks like the mafia neglected to provide a deathnote. Does this mean anything, you think?
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Kmenx » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:26 am

Slept peacefully
You can find me in discord at Disguiser#5127

Spoiler: My FM record:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Kmenx
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Rossendale » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:27 am

I slept peacefully...

Feed my dragons please <3
Spoiler: ImageImageImage

"Mayor Executes Jailor." - Elastoid 2015

Click here if you want me to write a backstory for your role idea!
Rossendale
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby CJBlack44 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:27 am

I slept peacefully.

This is bad. TP is dead :( But maybe there's another one. Hopefully.

That was pretty gutsy of Mafia, considering he asked for protection...what do you guys think? Also, no Death Note, though that doesn't mean much.
CJBlack44
Witch
Witch

Re: [Newcomer FM] NFM1 Day Two (Tag, you're it)

Postby Rossendale » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:29 am

We're also in MyLo is my maths is right. 11 players, 4 scum, one townie died so that makes it 7 vs 5.

Feed my dragons please <3
Spoiler: ImageImageImage

"Mayor Executes Jailor." - Elastoid 2015

Click here if you want me to write a backstory for your role idea!
Rossendale
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Kindred » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:30 am

I slept peacefully.
Kindred

Postby CJBlack44 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:32 am

Rossendale wrote:We're also in MyLo is my maths is right. 11 players, 4 scum, one townie died so that makes it 7 vs 5.

6 vs 4 actually but yeah, Mylo.
CJBlack44
Witch
Witch

Postby alouvre » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:34 am

CJBlack44 wrote:I slept peacefully.

That was pretty gutsy of Mafia, considering he asked for protection...what do you guys think? Also, no Death Note, though that doesn't mean much.

It was gutsy, but other than that, I feel as if analyzing it further will go too far into WIFOM. You were somebody he was pushing on yesterday - did the mafia kill him because you're scum and felt threatened, or did they kill him because they wanted to get rid of him because he seemed experienced, regardless of who he interacted with? Did they kill him to frame you? All these questions can't really be answered.

A little while ago, in 7F, somebody brought up the point that the killers may feel uncomfortable with giving hints to the town via deathnotes. A more confident killer would leave a deathnote taunting the town, for example, but if they can't disguise their writing, they may simply leave it blank. However, there was ... uh ... a problem with the deathnotes in that game. So : shrug :
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Kmenx » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:35 am

Rossendale wrote:We're also in MyLo is my maths is right. 11 players, 4 scum, one townie died so that makes it 7 vs 5.

How 2 math with Rossendale

Kmenx
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Kindred » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:37 am

Also, I have a quick question, what exactly is the marshall? I couldn't find the role cards in the OP and it wasn't on this site: http://town-of-salem.wikia.com/wiki/Roles
Kindred

Postby alouvre » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:39 am

Take a look at this list, Kindred.

>> http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/vi ... 17&t=25213
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Kmenx » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:40 am

It is a forum mafia unique card and it is protective

Kmenx
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby TheCow » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:41 am

I slept peacefully.
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby MamiT0m0e » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:43 am

I slept peacefully...
@kindred: Marshall is a Town Protective role that prevents an evil role from visiting someone... Or that is what i believe that is what it does...
NFM #1-WIN-Exe
NFM #2- ongoing

MamiT0m0e
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby CJBlack44 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:49 am

alouvre wrote:
CJBlack44 wrote:I slept peacefully.

It was gutsy, but other than that, I feel as if analyzing it further will go too far into WIFOM. You were somebody he was pushing on yesterday - did the mafia kill him because you're scum and felt threatened, or did they kill him because they wanted to get rid of him because he seemed experienced, regardless of who he interacted with? Did they kill him to frame you? All these questions can't really be answered.

A little while ago, in 7F, somebody brought up the point that the killers may feel uncomfortable with giving hints to the town via deathnotes. A more confident killer would leave a deathnote taunting the town, for example, but if they can't disguise their writing, they may simply leave it blank. However, there was ... uh ... a problem with the deathnotes in that game. So : shrug :

He did not push on me, at all. Re-read the entire conversation please. I said something which he misunderstood, and then I misunderstood what he said. I highly doubt Mafia killed him to frame me since that would be stupid, I don't think I was ever a suspect of his to begin with, otherwise he would've probably wrote it in the Last Will. Or maybe it seemed like he suspected me to the Mafia but, once again, I highly doubt that.

I think it's pretty obvious why Metrion was chosen. If I were Mafia, I would've definitely killed one of you 3 (you, Cow or Metrion) and I'm pretty sure why Metrion was chosen out of you 3. And don't go jumping and saying "omg that's so scummy!!!!" I'm just saying what everyone's thinking. You are the experienced ones, everyone knows it, and while I'm sure this was not exactly the intention of the game, that's just how things are. I doubt that, if any one of us were Mafia, they would've picked someone other than you 3.

On the other hand, I DO think choosing to kill Metrion was risky. Mafia couldn't have known he was TP, so there was a high chance that there was a TP out there, maybe on Cow, maybe on Metrion. And besides the TP there could've been a lookout - maybe, hopefully, there really WAS a lookout. That would be a great luck, and might give us a good chance. If I were a lookout that's who I would've watched last night. Which makes me wonder whether the Mafia who called the shots was risky or foolish.

I've heard people say this before: that the lack of a deathnote suggests lack of confidence. I don't agree with it, especially given the victim. It's far more likely that they simply didn't know what to write in it.
CJBlack44
Witch
Witch

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads