7R | A Court of Lies | SK and Phantom Win!

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: 7R | A Court of Lies | Setup (Look at all this title spa

Postby K1llthestory » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:52 pm

K1llthestory wrote:
leyva45 wrote:
K1llthestory wrote:[quote="Leyva45]
K1ll's reaction tests last game got her lynched, and really, I'm not a fan.[/quote]
Those were stupid.

Those were crazy.

Also Leyva, I'm truly not a fan of your playstyle either. Its quite too scummy for my liking, and far too under thought.[/quote]
Hahaha, it's how I always play, and I could say the same thing about you in other games. I've tried to not act scummy, but It always happens.[/quote]
I always plan my stuff before a game.

Naturally acting scummy is another thing.

Anyways, I'd rather focus on the discussion and not create a meaningless argument that devolves into a verbal fist fight.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

@Arc, Arckas, I understand.
@Ronit, If you say it's for reactions, you won't receive reactions. Completely destroys the strategy of reaction tests.
Flow 2018 - Heroes only.

what are the 7 words to say?
K1llthestory
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Swordsworth » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:52 pm

RVS cannot be done Day 1. And ronit, are you really Vigilante? I don't like the nonchalance of your reveal...
Spoiler: Somewhere beyond the sea
Somewhere waiting for me

S E N A T O R M E M E C H I N O
Swordsworth
Patron
Patron

Postby K1llthestory » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:53 pm

Fucking BBcode IPad bullshit.
Flow 2018 - Heroes only.

K1llthestory
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Arckas » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:53 pm

K1llthestory wrote:I always plan my stuff before a game.

Anyways, I'd rather focus on the discussion and not create a meaningless argument that devolves into a verbal fist fight.

I'm sorry, but this I've got to press phoenix wright style.

You plan stuff before you get you even get your role?
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby alouvre » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:53 pm

Gobble124 wrote:List of every Post made by every user. This will auto-update during the entire game. Want to see someone's posts? LOOK NO FURTHER!

Thanks. You're the MVP.

Arckas wrote:Gobble is bothering me.

As per if neutrals or mafia are the threat, lets us just agree that they're all a threat given the scenario. At this point in time, the biggest threats are the mafia and the for obvious reason. Arsonist and bomber at this time aren't a threat but if kept alive, they will be. Three neutrals killing is intimidating, but right now is where we have the advantage.

If we can lynch/kill the serial killer and/or mafia in the early game, that'd be best then as apposed to a bomber or arsonist. Thats my thoughts.

To open up another subject-

If your a citizen, avoid hard-claiming unless absolutely necessary. Avoid trying to do anything that would put you under being a suspect, as if your found under suspicion and claiming citizen that doesn't help the scenario at all. If your thinking of something bold to do, please stop.

Because of you K1ll. :P

Why is Gobble bothering you?

Pretty sure I'm missing something. Did K1ll claim cit as cit or something?
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby ShortcutButton » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:53 pm

Alzar wrote:
Swordsworth wrote:
ronit wrote:I'm a vigilante, I'm serious.
Can we do a RVS?

Uh, what?

(Also what's an RVS?)

Random Voting Stage. It's a thing near the beginning of games I've seen on MafiaScum, where people randomly vote to get discussion going and to gather reactions. I'm not sure how well it'd do in the ToS FM meta, though.

It wont work at all in the ToS FM, we can't even vote. But if we could it would definitely be a good discussion starter if we could vote.

Gobble124 wrote:List of every Post made by every user. This will auto-update during the entire game. Want to see someone's posts? LOOK NO FURTHER!
Spoiler:
  1. Swordsworth: search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=Swordsworth&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=28441&submit=Search
  2. Gobble124: search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=Gobble124&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=28441&submit=Search
  3. Alzar: search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=Alzar&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=28441&submit=Search
  4. ObiWan: search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=ObiWan&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=28441&submit=Search
  5. Arcthurus: search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=Arcthurus&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=28441&submit=Search
  6. Jacobm1122: search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=Jacobm1122&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=28441&submit=Search
  7. Alouvre: search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=Alouvre&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=28441&submit=Search
  8. iEsdeath: search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=iEsdeath&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=28441&submit=Search
  9. ronit: search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=ronit&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=28441&submit=Search
  10. Arckas: search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=Arckas&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=28441&submit=Search
  11. TwitchCattz: search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=TwitchCattz&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=28441&submit=Search
  12. NaturallyJohnS: search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=NaturallyJohnS&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=28441&submit=Search
  13. leyva45: search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=leyva45&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=28441&submit=Search
  14. melanora: search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=melanora&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=28441&submit=Search
  15. Animate: search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=Animate&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=28441&submit=Search
  16. PersianRugs: search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=PersianRugs&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=28441&submit=Search
  17. M4xwell: search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=M4xwell&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=28441&submit=Search
  18. K1llthestory: search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=K1llthestory&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=28441&submit=Search
  19. watchme1: search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=watchme1&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=28441&submit=Search
  20. ShortcutButton: search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=ShortcutButton&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=28441&submit=Search

You're a lifesaver Gobble.
ShortcutButton
Forger
Forger

Postby leyva45 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:54 pm

Yeah, we should stop K1ll.

So, Ronit what's your reason for hardclaiming?

"inb4 reaction test lmaaaoamaaaoo"
If that's the reason, I'm going to really hit myself really hard on this desk.
leyva- le discord
leyva45
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner

Postby K1llthestory » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:54 pm

Arckas wrote:

Anyways, I'd rather focus on the discussion and not create a meaningless argument that devolves into a verbal fist fight.

I think of scenarios and what Id do as a certain alignment or just what I plan to do in general, so yeah.

@Alouvre, Yes
Flow 2018 - Heroes only.

K1llthestory
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby ShortcutButton » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:55 pm

K1llthestory wrote:
Arckas wrote:

I think of scenarios and what Id do as a certain alignment or just what I plan to do in general, so yeah.

@Alouvre, Yes

And this planning is done with a different train of thought every game?
ShortcutButton
Forger
Forger

Postby Alzar » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:56 pm

RVS is useful because you can watch voting patterns. If they're not actual votes, they hold no weight. Putting someone at L-1 in an "RVS" is meaningless if another vote doesn't get them lynched.
Spoiler: FM Record Image
Click here if you like crime games/text RPGs.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Alzar
FM Logo Winner
FM Logo Winner

Postby Gobble124 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:56 pm

ronit wrote:
Alzar wrote:
ronit wrote:I'm a vigilante, I'm serious.
Can we do a RVS?

No lynching Day 1, lol. Can't RVS with no voting stage at all.

Point of a rvs is to see who votes who,the votes don't actually mean anything that's why it's random.
kill, why not?
It can work

Gobble124 wrote:Okay, since I'm fairly sure Confirmed town can't use the old gather claims + codes and then decide night plans, PLEASE AVOID HARDCLAIMING AT ALL COSTS. A confirmed and claimed town member serves us little benefit is actually quiet detrimental as it gives mafia even more info to work with. So vets and Lawyers and Mayors and all the rest, please refrain from revealing yourself too early as we won't be able to pull the same tactics from previous games

T_T
Gobble124
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Arckas » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:56 pm

Past games, no worth talking about it at least now. I was speaking in general to everyone.

And just Gobble with literally his first couple posts.
And now I don't know what Ronit's doing, or at least don't want to accept what Ronit's doing.

What does RVS stand for?
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Swordsworth » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:56 pm

Inb4 ronit's reveal was Phantom/Bomber bait.
Spoiler: Somewhere beyond the sea
Somewhere waiting for me

S E N A T O R M E M E C H I N O
Swordsworth
Patron
Patron

Postby K1llthestory » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:57 pm

ShortcutButton wrote:
K1llthestory wrote:
Arckas wrote:I'm sorry, but this I've got to press phoenix wright style.

@Alouvre, Yes

And this planning is done with a different train of thought every game?

Sometimes.

Can we stop with the useless arguments though? They get us no where :/
Flow 2018 - Heroes only.

K1llthestory
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby ronit » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:57 pm

Trying out this yolo fm thing claiming fake roles d1, I just wanted to see who avoided talking about.
FM records
Spoiler: TFM4 -win Naked snake (mafioso)
TFM 6- win Cultist
Gfm- loss Agent
TFM 10- loss Serial killer
7C- loss Bodyguard
CFM 7- win Citizen
SFM 7- loss Detonator
CFM 8- win Jester
7R- loss medium
7F- win sk Citizen
CFM 9- win Phantom
SFM 9- Ongoing
SFM 10- Ongoing
CFM 10 - Ongoing
8C- loss
ronit
[Forum Mafia VIII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VIII] Winner

Postby Alzar » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 pm

Arckas wrote:Past games, no worth talking about it at least now. I was speaking in general to everyone.

And now I don't know what Ronit's doing, or at least don't want to accept what Ronit's doing.

What does RVS stand for?

Alzar wrote:Random Voting Stage. It's a thing near the beginning of games I've seen on MafiaScum, where people randomly vote to get discussion going and to gather reactions. I'm not sure how well it'd do in the ToS FM meta, though.
Alzar
FM Logo Winner
FM Logo Winner

Postby K1llthestory » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 pm

ronit wrote:Trying out this yolo fm thing claiming fake roles d1, I just wanted to see who avoided talking about.

Doesn't work.

I can tell you that fake claiming roles or claiming your real role D1 gets reaction, but not in the way you think.
Flow 2018 - Heroes only.

K1llthestory
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Arckas » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 pm

ronit wrote:Trying out this yolo fm thing claiming fake roles d1, I just wanted to see who avoided talking about.

May I ask what would people avoiding talking about it would mean to you?
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby alouvre » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:59 pm

I have no idea why I was the only one who thought ronit was joking.

Arckas wrote:Past games, no worth talking about it at least now. I was speaking in general to everyone.

What does RVS stand for?

What exactly about his first couple of posts?
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Alzar » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:59 pm

Okay, this is kind of ridiculous. Everyone.

Slow down.

It's the beginning of the day, not everyone's posted yet. Put some substance into your posts and think things through. I'm really tired of being ninja'd 3 times when I try to post a somewhat short explanation of anything, and I'm sure I'm not the only one here who feels that way.
Alzar
FM Logo Winner
FM Logo Winner

Postby Arcthurus » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:00 pm

I like to think Ronit isn't insane enough to actually claim vig in their first post. Not reading into it. No point in speculating there, Swords.

Previews; oh look I was right. Joy.

Spoiler: Image

Art Count: 3
Spoiler: Cyrus & Horane

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby melanora » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:01 pm

Ronit, did you really just?

TO ALL CITIZENS: PLAY SMART NOT SCUMMY. Thank you.

K1llthestory wrote:
melanora wrote:Um, I'm more worried about the Neutrals than the Mafia Team... there's three NKs on that list.

You seem to have a distinct interest in the neutrals rather than gaining actual knowledge about our other threat?

Why?

Okay let's break this down really quick. We know that there's a GF and an Agent. So we know to be careful and not speak during the first 24 hours. That leaves two slots open. Now, we could sit here and talk about the likelihood, but we have ZERO info to go off of. Now, what if we start D2, and there's two players that claim RBd. That means probably one of them is a Consort. What if someone flips Cleaned? That means we have a Janitor.

On D1, we know NOTHING. It's okay to make theories about it and all that, but what we DO know is that there is THREE NEUTRAL KILLINGS.

I can't believe no one else is nervous about this... I mean, I'm terrible at the math, but, by D4 between just the Arso and the SK, we could lose Majority. Add in the fact that Mafia will be out there killing, a Phantom is trying to get lynched/shot, and there's a NE fucking with us...

This is a game to fear the Neutrals, imo.
#overthrowthepatriarchy #babyforfmmod
I'm not a fucking gmod. Don't send me shit about your ban appeal.

FM Record
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby K1llthestory » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:02 pm

melanora wrote:Ronit, did you really just?

TO ALL CITIZENS: PLAY SMART NOT SCUMMY. Thank you.

K1llthestory wrote:
melanora wrote:Um, I'm more worried about the Neutrals than the Mafia Team... there's three NKs on that list.

You seem to have a distinct interest in the neutrals rather than gaining actual knowledge about our other threat?

Why?

Okay let's break this down really quick. We know that there's a GF and an Agent. So we know to be careful and not speak during the first 24 hours. That leaves two slots open. Now, we could sit here and talk about the likelihood, but we have ZERO info to go off of. Now, what if we start D2, and there's two players that claim RBd. That means probably one of them is a Consort. What if someone flips Cleaned? That means we have a Janitor.

On D1, we know NOTHING. It's okay to make theories about it and all that, but what we DO know is that there is THREE NEUTRAL KILLINGS.

I can't believe no one else is nervous about this... I mean, I'm terrible at the math, but, by D4 between just the Arso and the SK, we could lose Majority. Add in the fact that Mafia will be out there killing, a Phantom is trying to get lynched/shot, and there's a NE fucking with us...

This is a game to fear the Neutrals, imo.

Yes, but you were discouraging discussion about roles when we already know the neutrals roles.

Did you not read my explanation as to why we should speculate?

Read Mela read.
Flow 2018 - Heroes only.

K1llthestory
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby melanora » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:02 pm

And, isnt SK and Arso both Night Immune? What about Bomber? That means they NEED to be lynched. We might get lucky in the Neutrals taking out Mafia, but the Neutrals need to be found.
#overthrowthepatriarchy #babyforfmmod
I'm not a fucking gmod. Don't send me shit about your ban appeal.

FM Record
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Arckas » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:03 pm

alouvre wrote:I have no idea why I was the only one who thought ronit was joking.

What does RVS stand for?

What exactly about his first couple of posts?

He claim survivor then immediately retracted it, he claimed he would want to be a blackmailer specifically, then wanting to answer k1ll question and respond to when asked that your a funny guy.
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads