TFM12 | Majora's Magnificence | Town Win (A New Day)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: TFM12 | Majora's Magnificence | Day 1 (About Time)

Postby DizzyWaddleDoo » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:18 am

Hey everyone.
So, about the "should we reveal our masks/what they do". I'm not completely sure. One thing is if there does happen to be a mask that can roleblock or witch control, and a Majora aligned has it, they could take advantage of the mask claims tonight, especially if one of them is in fact a witch ability. Small chance, but it's still there.
ImageImage
Sun moth is best moth.
Spoiler: Image
Thanks Burgy!
DizzyWaddleDoo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Aeolian » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:40 am

Yeah, I'm going to be an adamant no when it comes to sharing masks/abilities. There's too much risk.
It's nigh impossible to determine the abilities of any masks other than our own - that means information that doesn't seem dangerous to share publicly, may actually be so.

In any case, everyone has spoken, but not much has been brought to the table. If anything it seems that most of us are in agreement about waiting for someone to slip up so we can lynch them before deciding to no lynching. Blindly lynching is also off the table.
Let's make things interesting - who would I lynch? Based off of very first posts alone, I'm going to say that I'm most suspicious of Gobble. I'm not sure what to think of people making guesses at what each mask does; in fact, I don't like it. It could easily be a ploy to get people to slip and describe their own mask. Not to mention that they didn't provide their own guesses, but that's a little beside the point.

I'm not a fan of talking about our own masks, nor sharing guesses about the entire mask list.
#paranoia
Other than that, kmenx is obviously another person of interest, but it only seems that they worded their thoughts weirdly.

Also...
FMLSheWas12 wrote:
ValeforRaine wrote:This still brings up some difficulties with the Majora aligned players, since they can pass mask selection to their partner.

I...didn't know this. Where in the OP does it say this? I must've missed it... :/

I too am curious about this.
Aeolian
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner

Postby ValeforRaine » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:44 am

FMLSheWas12 wrote:
ValeforRaine wrote:This still brings up some difficulties with the Majora aligned players, since they can pass mask selection to their partner.

I...didn't know this. Where in the OP does it say this? I must've missed it... :/

It's under the special rules, in the section about masks. The first round had a randomized order; every other day start someone at random will go first and they select the next person to go. Given there are 13 masks, only one mask will not be in play at first, though I'm unsure what happens to a mask upon death. (Reading the OP is generally a good idea, guys. :\)

And good point about a witch like role (or even mask). So at the most, we could share mask names, but abilities should probably remain hidden until another day. Maybe not even that, though it would allow us all to be able to figure out who can confirm how a specific mask works. I'll table the thought for now, because it seems like that wouldn't be productive.

Hm, let me see if anyone's posts strike me. Maybe I'll do a list of reads.
Sing something new, I have nothing left,
I can't face the dark without
you.
There's nothing left to lose, the fight never ends,
you.

Holding the hand that holds me down.
I forgive you, forget you,
the end.
ValeforRaine
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Aeolian » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:46 am

Oh, I misunderstood you then. I took it as Majora aligned players could share their masks with their partner or something, confused me for a second. :roll:
Aeolian
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner

Postby ValeforRaine » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:54 am

Aeolian wrote:Oh, I misunderstood you then. I took it as Majora aligned players could share their masks with their partner or something, confused me for a second. :roll:

I mean, they can. They trade with an unused mask, then select their partner to go next, who takes the mask they had. I was speaking purely about them being able to prevent town from verifying how a mask worked. They would only be able to do it with one mask, though, and they'd have to hope the right person goes first... meh, it's all a giant mess of "what if"s.
you.
you.

the end.
ValeforRaine
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:58 am

Aeolian wrote:Oh, I misunderstood you then. I took it as Majora aligned players could share their masks with their partner or something, confused me for a second. :roll:

^ although before the chat was opened and such. Not to mention I never actually told Metrion who to pass the pick order over to. I suppose I was second last or last, or I gave Metrion a hard time by having to randomly choose another player. Oops. :(
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Trolled by the League of Losers
Spoiler:
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort

Postby ValeforRaine » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:01 pm

FMLSheWas12 wrote:

^ although before the chat was opened and such. Not to mention I never actually told Metrion who to pass the pick order over to. I suppose I was second last or last, or I gave Metrion a hard time by having to randomly choose another player. Oops. :(

If you read the OP, the initial choosing order was done via RNG. You only choose someone starting tomorrow (in game).
you.
you.

the end.
ValeforRaine
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:05 pm

ValeforRaine wrote:If you read the OP, the initial choosing order was done via RNG. You only choose someone starting tomorrow (in game).

Oh? For some reason I thought you chose today too. I was puzzled when I didn't so I just assumed there was either only one or nobody to choose from. I thought only RNG decided the first person.

I suck at reading it's like I'm playing an entirely different game. >. <
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort

Postby ValeforRaine » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:25 pm

Alright, some initial reads:

Spoiler: Aeolian - Town; seems to be trying to drive discussion and getting us to talk, which will hopefully result in a slip. He's suspicious of Gobble, for reference, and I can see why.
DizzyWaddleDoo - Neutral; Not a lot of posts, but points out an obvious flaw with revealing masks.
Gobble124 - Scum; first post is a simple hello, followed by another post in the same minute, which just breaks down what happens depending on who we lynch. Not really contributing something I find useful, though it is only the third post of the game. Also starts the mask trend, which only wastes time instead of being productive. Doesn't really state why he doesn't want to share masks except "personal preference", which could be a good reason for scum not to share.
kmenx - Neutral; recommends no lynch right out the gate (which is generally most helpful for scum). Also, the quoted statement makes me nervous.
Kmenx wrote:P.S I can prove my role if it becomes necessary

FirelightKnight - Neutral; regurgitates what's already been said in her first post, hasn't contributed since.
Waffleme3 - Scum; Not really posting anything helpful and jumps at the chance to call someone scum. Post 1: I love Majora's Mask. Post 2: Immediately accuses kmenx of being scum. Post 3: Useless Mask nonsense.
Odin1010 - Neutral; hasn't really posted anything of use. Continues the useless mask thing.
FMLSheWas12 - Town; brings up discussion about the potential neutral role and that they should be kept in check should we discover them. Defends kmenx (maybe be important if one is Majora Aligned). Gives good reasoning about not sharing masks. Seems pro-town.

Just some initial thoughts and notes, as I'm rereading the thread.

Also, Met clarified the first section of the mask part in the OP. I was incorrect in my assumption of how it worked and it looks like new masks are chosen at night only if you're given the option. Not sure how that happens, but if anyone doesn't like their mask, you're probably stuck with it.

Anyone else have any opinions of players?
you.
you.

the end.
ValeforRaine
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:42 pm

My reads are more or less a replication of what has been said. If I were to choose a lynch target today without the option of a nolynch, it would have to be Waffle or Dizzy but I would still feel skeptic about lynching them. Unless I missed something that would shed light on an enduring issue.

If in the scenario a town dies, should they reveal the mask they possessed in their last will? If somebody dislikes their mask we can arrange them to take it if approved by the town, but we'd first have to discover how to switch masks in the first place.
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort

Postby ValeforRaine » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:46 pm

FMLSheWas12 wrote:If in the scenario a town dies, should they reveal the mask they possessed in their last will? If somebody dislikes their mask we can arrange them to take it if approved by the town, but we'd first have to discover how to switch masks in the first place.

I want to say a description of any masks should be put in the last wills and we'll continue to be anonymous about who holds what mask unless someone's in danger of being lynched. That might depend on what the rest of the town thinks, though, because there are likely downsides to this that I'm not thinking of.
you.
you.

the end.
ValeforRaine
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Aeolian » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:54 pm

If it ever does come down to it, I would far prefer only admitting what mask we have, or only talking about what each mask does. Not both.
I could get behind us describing the masks we've owned in our wills, but if we do, I'd say we shouldn't talk about who has which mask.

Also, another point of interest - all of these masks are practically wildcards to everyone except for the person who owns them, correct? It might be worth wondering if there are masks whose abilities impact the owner negatively. With that in mind, it makes me value descriptions of masks more than who owns them.
Aeolian
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner

Postby Kmenx » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:12 pm

Well we shouldn t reveal mask abilites(We can put them in to the willls)

Well like what i said before i can reveal my role and prove it and i don t want a mislynch i can still vote for scummy people
You can find me in discord at Disguiser#5127

Spoiler: My FM record:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Kmenx
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Aeolian » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:15 pm

Kmenx wrote:Well like what i said before i can reveal my role and prove it and i don t want a mislynch i can still vote for scummy people

I mean, you sound pretty eager about this, which worries me.
I would say you should probably hold off on doing something so brazen so early on. I don't think anything good will come from it.
Just be careful with what you say. It doesn't take much to throw suspicion on you (or make yourself a target otherwise).
Aeolian
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner

Postby Kmenx » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:24 pm

Well i ll regret this but I am the Neutral Benign as the Happy Mask Salesman I didn t want a lynch because I knew Neutral wasn t killing and I can still prove my role
You can find me in discord at Disguiser#5127

Spoiler: My FM record:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Kmenx
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:26 pm

Saying "I can still vote scummy people" sounds like you can choose not to do so, Kmenx. Sounds like a neutral in all honesty, but I don't know any neutral that can instaprove themselves aside from an Amnesiac.

Just saw Kmenx's post. Wow. Okay I guessed right he is neutral A+ for me. :D

Happy Mask Salesman. I'm assuming this is where you get the option to swap masks correct?
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort

Postby Aeolian » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:28 pm

Well that was absolutely not necessary at all.
What exactly can you do, kmenx?
Aeolian
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner

Postby ValeforRaine » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:28 pm

Yeah, if you're going to claim a non-town role, you should tell us what it does. You just rose to the top of my lynch list, since you could be lying. Why shouldn't we lynch you? Aside from the extra vote that could turn on us in a critical moment, of course.
you.
you.

the end.
ValeforRaine
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Gobble124 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:36 pm

On Lynches:
Kmnex is the safe choice. An easy lynch which gives us a 5 v 2 the next day, eliminating the kingmaker in neutrals and letting us gather info during the next and following day.
Beyond that is a dangerous world which could end very badly.

So I'm gonna go through a list of the players. These are my guesses

ValeforRaine - Town
Aeolian Town
DizzyWaddleDoo ?
Gobble124 Town
kmenx Neutral
FirelightKnight Town
Waffleme3 ?
Odin1010 ?
FMLSheWas12 Town

The 3 question marks are my highest lynch targets beyond Kmenx.

My vote would go to Kmenx.

These are my thoughts
Gobble124
Lookout
Lookout

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:40 pm

Kmenx, I'd like to hear your goal and how we'd benefit as town by keeping you alive opposed to lynching you today. I'm not saying we're lynching you, in fact I'd much preferably keep you alive but as you are neutral sadly I'm not obligated to keep you alive if your role is threatening to us. I need to know how us town can trust you.

With the recent king-maker scenarios...I want to avoid keeping neutrals we cannot trust. You're going to have to prove why you should stay alive.
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort

Postby Gobble124 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:00 pm

Alright. I feel comfortable doing this.

/vote kmenx
Gobble124
Lookout
Lookout

Postby ValeforRaine » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:04 pm

Gobble124 wrote:Alright. I feel comfortable doing this.

/vote kmenx

I wasn't about to pile on votes just yet, but that's looking like the optimal lynch for today. I'll probably give him a few hours and vote before I go to bed, on the off chance he says something really convincing.

Speaking of which: Dizzy, Odin, and Waffle need to step it up. They seem to be the most inactive and if any of them are town, they are severely hindering us as a group.
you.
you.

the end.
ValeforRaine
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:09 pm

Gobble124 wrote:Alright. I feel comfortable doing this.

/vote kmenx

I don't yet. We have like 18 hours or something so we can hear what Kmenx has to say.

(aka this looks like a scum saying "oh wow better him than me later dude" and placing a vote) so yeah you'd better pray to god that there isn't an early hammer.

Oh...is it too late to request protection because I would love that thanks. <3
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort

Postby Aeolian » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:12 pm

You know, I'm just now realizing just how insane the lynch rule could be.
If I'm understanding it correctly: even if Gobble is the only person to vote kmenx, they'll be lynched? After all, it only says the person who has the most votes. I'm going to assume that applies whether all players vote, or just one person.

If that's the case, I'm a little on the fence. The pressure could be nice, but if we decide that we don't actually want to lynch kmenx, Gobble may not retract their vote in time.
Aeolian
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:15 pm

Oh shoot...I forgot about the new lynch mechanics. Slipped my mind. Gobble you'd better be damn confident about that vote buddy, I'm actually prepared to vote you if Kmenx turns out to be some sort of saving grace.
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads