GFM: Master Thread [City of Salem] Game over: TOWN WINS!

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: GFM: Master Thread [City of Salem] Day 5.5: It begins

Postby Knockoff » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:00 pm

The roles are as follows:

Rock and Ronit are the last two mafia. Ronit is the Agent and Rock is the Consort turned Mafioso. Odin is the Stalker and Night is the Serial Killer. 

Here's what happened in the business district:

Spoiler: D1

The usual day one jokes are thrown around, not much really ends up happening.

Night one 

I check Gobble124 tonight, because no one said anything especially weird D1, and I know that he acts fairly suspicious as town, so it was as good of an investigation as any.

Gobble was jailed this night and Marco was roleblocked by Rock.

Spretznaz(Cit) was killed by SK and Alzar(GF) was shot by the Veteran(Vucub).

Day Two

It's universally agreed that extremeblueness is scummy. They, along with DeeVasquez(Jester who had just been stating the obvious and not contributing) were the major lynch candidates of that day. Blue contradicts themselves a bunch, so there's more traction for their lynch than Dee. We start to vote them up. They try to claim BG at the last moment, but Vucub(Vet) and bumblecow(Doctor)(the people they whisper their 'role' to) both claim to have the same alignment as the role Blue claimed. We figure that with how scummy Blue was, as well as the odds of having three Protectives, it's enough to lynch them that day. They flip Janitor, despite us thinking that they'd be neutral since no one came to their defense or was reluctant to lynch them. 

Night Two:

This night I check Ronit for mostly stating the obvious and being somewhat inactive, as well as being an undecided read from Blue. He comes up mafia and I decide to try and get him lynched without revealing my result, since both Protectives(well, one was actually Vet) were already outed and didn't need another target to guard.

Ronit is jailed by Neko.

Salense is stabbed by both Night and the mafia.

Day Three

I criticize Ronit's posts and ask more details and reads from him. He can't back up why he found Vucub scummy and uses the excuses that he 'forgot' why. He jumps up the suspect list and is looking to be a potential lynch. He decides to whisper to Marco(Spy) his 'role' because apparently he's his top townread(despite Marco being slightly suspected by mostly everyone at the time). Ironically, the mafia again end up counterclaiming the person with the actual role they claimed(he claimed Spy). He was truthful about the night visits, but forgot that since he was jailed, as a Spy, he wouldn't get the night visits, making Marco realize that he was an Agent and says this.

He flails for a bit, but then admits to being mafia. He outs that Vucub is the Veteran soon afterwards so the NKs wouldn't die thinking he was Protective. There's talk of roleclaiming to Vucub, but we aren't completely certain that he's actually the Vet. Marco decides to come forward and confirm that Vucub was visited on night one. With that, and how he claimed protective, Vucub was essentially confirmed, so we did a mass claim to him. I tell Vucub of my now obsolete guilty result in my whisper to him as Wwell as my NS result on Gobble. Looking at DeeVasquez's posts before being replaced by DatDownie(Jester), and how Downie hadn't done anything at all since replacing in, we start to suspect him. He quickly 'fesses up' to being mafia and 'outs' that our pool three is an any mafia member, therefore 'eliminating' the possibility of there being a Jester, with how Santa had already claimed Surv D2 and any being mafia. 

Vucub decides that we'll be hunting the NKs and let the Jailor execute Downie that night and likely Ronit the next night. He reveals that his current suspect for Stalker(which was not yet confirmed, but we had to have either a Stalker or Bomber based on night results) is Direaxe, the Lookout. He mentions that Dire failed to give who he watched each night and says that since Dire was relatively new to FM, he could've done the common lookout claim that many evil roles employ in ToS. Dire defends himself by saying that he didn't know that he should give night visits and says he watched Bumble night one and Rock(who he trusts) night two. Nothing happened to either of them. Vucub decides that they are our lynch for the day, but then starts to have doubts when Dire says that if they're going to get lynched, they want to help the town as much as possible beforehand. 

However, this was only two hours away from deadline and we knew we couldn't switch over to someone else in time, so we lynched Dire and he flipped Lookout.

Night Three

Vucub had given me a list of possible suspects to check(all Cit claimers):

VonAntarctic: a scummy, inactive Citizen. Read as a potential neutral.

RockFire: Had been pretty pro-town and active, but Ronit and Blue both had him as undecided reads, when they probably should've been townreading him. I thought that might be indicative of a potential teammate.

TheNinja476: suspected for being a Neutral Killing due to lurking and not contributing. No one really defended him, so it was unlikely that he was mafia. He kept promising content during the day, but didn't give much.

Akame: Mostly townread. The only reason they were even on this list was because they were a Cit. I didn't even seriously consider checking them, since there was a large difference between their play now and their play in CFM 5, where they were scum.

Nighthawk: Decently townish, I thought they were one of the less likely neutrals since they had been contributing and helping where they could.

Odin: Lurked a bunch after replacing in and hadn't really done much. We weren't sure if he was town, mafia, or neutral since he could've been an apathetic Cit or mafia since they were undecided on him, or Neut for not really adding anything new to the table.

I decided to check Rock because I figured that I'd be able to read the day play of the others and determine if they were scum from that. Rock, on the other hand, is pretty good at day play when he's scum and has fooled me in the past. I get the result that he's mafia. In hindsight, I should've checked the Neutral suspects instead.

Downie admits to being Jester in jail in a last ditch effort to save himself, but Neko goes ahead and executes him anyways.

Akame is stabbed by Night and mafia attack Neko, who is healed by Bumble. Von dies of paranoia.

Day Four

I whisper my results to Vucub and eventually he outs that someone claimed that Rock was mafia. Vucub did believe that I was telling the truth, because he

We realized the NKs were between Night, Ninja, and Odin. After talking for a bit, we all think that Night is the least likely to be Neutral out of all three of them. We thought that we were almost guaranteed to lynch scum if we lynched inside the pool of {Ninja, Odin}. The focus turns to them as we really want to get rid of a Neutral today. Odin points out that Ninja did even less than him and hadn't contributed at all. Ninja, on the other hand, basically just prod dodges even though he has good chances of being lynched that day. We figured that since Ninja wasn't trying to avoid being lynched, or put in any effort at all really, that he was more likely to be an NK than Odin. We decide to lynch him while having Gobble roleblock Rock, who was now a mafioso. This was the point where everything went wrong in the game. Ninja flips Citizen. No one dies of Stalker paranoia this phase. Neko had decided to jail Odin just in case Ninja did in fact flip town. Neko turned out to be stalked and died at the end of the day phase.

Night Four

Realizing that everything that possibly could go wrong, did go wrong, I wasn't left with many options. I decided to check Night to know his exact role and I get the result that he's a Serial Killer.

Bumble went to heal Marco, but Night attacked Gobble. The Stalker's target was Marco and he died of paranoia.  

Day five

We had lost majority at this time. It was 3-4-1 and the evil roles didn't bother hiding that they were scum anymore. Night mentions that we should've just lynched the confirmed scum instead of going on a wild neutral goose chase when we weren't in a good position. 

Vucub, Bumble, and I ask Santa to not side with scum today, but he was wary of the fact that there were three different roles that could kill him. We thought he was Survivor, but since he was actually Amne(and said it later on in the day), he didn't have protection against an attack and decided to side with scum.

Odin mentions that he stalked Vucub day three and he'd be dying at the end of the day. They decide that they should lynch Bumble and nightkill me to reduce the chance of a self-heal. They talk about each of them faking being the last townie in the game and accusing each other of being scum after the merge. Odin mentions 'forgetting' to stalk someone night three, which makes me think he stalked scum and didn't want to say. After that, they lynch Bumble, Vucub dies of paranoia, and then the merge happens.
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby nighthawk101 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:05 pm

Loominaty wrote:Night I want an answer from you reagarding this, cause that strikes me odd in your version:
Loominaty wrote:Why did that Jailor execute a Citizen, called out by a "Lookout", when you apparently already misslynched a Lookout day 2??

Because I and Town were really stupid.

Background: I interrogate Gobble N1 and get NS. There has been some whisper business between him and Akame, and he was jailed N1. I decided to trust him based on Akame's trust (the assumed Jailor), but in my read of Gobble I gave him a Town read since he had acted pro-town and that I trusted him after he claimed Jailed.
Rock correctly deduced that I had somehow investigated Gobble N1, and sent me a whisper claiming Lookout and saying so. I didnt consider Agent and replied to him informing him that I was Sheriff and ronit was mafia, and asked him to watch him tonight in case of Framer
Turns out that ronit had claimed Spy to Rock earlier and we got him to reveal as such somehow (on mobile right now, will look up later). We all assumed Rock was confirmed becuase he saw me visit.

Here's where the stupid part comes in: we then blindly followed him when he said that Von was the only one to visit Akame. Von even raised the point of guessing in his defense, but we ignored him.

Getting back to the point, Rock was considered confirmed because of his night results, even thought they were fake. We lynched dire because they had no positive night results and we scrambled for a lynch.

FM Record Spoiler:

Current ToS IGNs: Silumgar, Ojutai, Ace, Santa, Seven, Guilt
Spoiler:
nighthawk101
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby nighthawk101 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:05 pm

That'll probably be my last post for a while by the way.

This is kind of pointless right bow, because in the morning well hopefully have a revived Businessite to confirm me.

FM Record Spoiler:

Current ToS IGNs: Silumgar, Ojutai, Ace, Santa, Seven, Guilt
Spoiler:
nighthawk101
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby LinearPoint » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:14 pm

OK so the Business District got the Town Investigative from the pool 1.
They had an Investigator die which took the first Town Investigative.
They had 4 citizens so that was also a random town.
A Spy and Lookout died, both their random towns.
And since they all claim Sheriff by logical deduction they have to have the Town Investigative from the pool 1.

Also farther dissection of their district reveals...
Night has to be Stalker
ronit is the Agent
Santa is the Neutral benign Amnesiac since their pool 3 is uncontested
Rockfire is the Serial Killer
Odin was the mafioso by general consensus.
And Finally Knockoff is the lat town from that district the Sheriff.
All of you tried so hard contradicting each other you outed yourselves revealing the roles you all had.
LinearPoint
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Knockoff » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:18 pm

LinearPoint wrote:OK so the Business District got the Town Investigative from the pool 1.
They had an Investigator die which took the first Town Investigative.
They had 4 citizens so that was also a random town.
A Spy and Lookout died, both their random towns.
And since they all claim Sheriff by logical deduction they have to have the Town Investigative from the pool 1.

Also farther dissection of their district reveals...
Night has to be Stalker
ronit is the Agent
Santa is the Neutral benign Amnesiac since their pool 3 is uncontested
Rockfire is the Serial Killer
Odin was the mafioso by general consensus.
And Finally Knockoff is the lat town from that district the Sheriff.
All of you tried so hard contradicting each other you outed yourselves revealing the roles you all had.

Ronit is the Agent, yes, but Rock is the Consort turned Mafioso. Odin is the Stalker and Night is SK.
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Santa07 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:18 pm

Someone from my district forgot to post my 'rules'... just wait until I find them and do a count of the dead. (SO MANY PEOPLE TO PICK FROM :D)
Santa07
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby LinearPoint » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:19 pm

I'm sorry I might have jumped the gun then.
Time to reevaluate that district again.
LinearPoint
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby LinearPoint » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:23 pm

First off who claimed lookout in the Business district.
You have some people saying Rockfire claimed lookout and some saying Nighthawk claimed lookout.
LinearPoint
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby stellaluna » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:25 pm

So what would that make gossie then assuming he's telling the truth, the any?
hi im stella and i like you

stellaluna
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Santa07 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:26 pm

My great reveal and the 'rules'

Do not directly quote from your district. See rules in OP -Obi

But if I really need to prove myself to protect Gossie, I will become the role that I think town needs the most. Until I remember a role, I will vote with the majority and stuff you want me to.

(Alternatively, lynch gossie, and if the any really was a survivor I'll most certainly become that :P )
Santa07
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby ronit » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:30 pm

lynch me and kill me pls
FM records
Spoiler: TFM4 -win Naked snake (mafioso)
TFM 6- win Cultist
Gfm- loss Agent
TFM 10- loss Serial killer
7C- loss Bodyguard
CFM 7- win Citizen
SFM 7- loss Detonator
CFM 8- win Jester
7R- loss medium
7F- win sk Citizen
CFM 9- win Phantom
SFM 9- Ongoing
SFM 10- Ongoing
CFM 10 - Ongoing
8C- loss
ronit
[Forum Mafia VIII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VIII] Winner

Postby LinearPoint » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:30 pm

It seams that is likely the case. The Any is Gossie a Survivor.

And actually farther evaluation of the Business District.
Either Odin, Night,or Knockoff are the Sheriff.
Ronit is a horrible liar and mafia.
Rockfire claiming Lookout makes it obvious he is the Stalker.

Either way we need to lynch Rockfire tomorrow.
That Stalker is by far the largest threat to us.
Hopefully they would have killed the Odin, Night, or Knockoff by then to reveal who the Sheriff is.
LinearPoint
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby LinearPoint » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:32 pm

Santa07 wrote:My great reveal and the 'rules'

Do not directly quote from your district. Thanks -Obi

But if I really need to prove myself to protect Gossie, I will become the role that I think town needs the most. Until I remember a role, I will vote with the majority and stuff you want me to.

(Alternatively, lynch gossie, and if the any really was a survivor I'll most certainly become that :P )

The thing is that neither you nor Gossie are countered so it looks very positive you 2 are the Neutral Benign and Any.
LinearPoint
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Santa07 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:33 pm

LinearPoint wrote:It seams that is likely the case. The Any is Gossie a Survivor.

Hopefully they would have killed the Odin, Night, or Knockoff by then to reveal who the Sheriff is.

With the stalker by the way, they probably have the mafia stalked and ready to go (or me) so you could potentially wait a few days and get a few auto-mafia kills.
Santa07
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby LinearPoint » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:34 pm

Santa07 wrote:
LinearPoint wrote:It seams that is likely the case. The Any is Gossie a Survivor.

With the stalker by the way, they probably have the mafia stalked and ready to go (or me) so you could potentially wait a few days and get a few auto-mafia kills.

Yes but one thing.
We know the Stalker will kill tonight and tomorrow even if they get lynched.
So 3 people from the Business District will die either way which is good no matter who died.
LinearPoint
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Santa07 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:36 pm

LinearPoint wrote:
Santa07 wrote:

Yes but one thing.
We know the Stalker will kill tonight and tomorrow even if they get lynched.
So 3 people from the Business District will die either way which is good no matter who died.

Stalker doesn't kill tomorrow if we lynch them tomorrow do they?
Santa07
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby Santa07 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:37 pm

Just realised I quoted from my district. Don't kill me mods, it was my post! :oops:
Santa07
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby iggyvolz » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:42 pm

Ronit is whispering to Santa07!

Santa07 has been modkilled! His role was Vampire! (inside joke - if you don't know what that is see game 4C)
Greatest failures/shitshows:
iggyvolz
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby RockFire » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:43 pm

Really? You'd believe night when he says that I correctly guessed how he visited? That's nothing more than a farce to get me lynched tomorrow and allow scum to get the majority. We lynched dire because he claimed lookout without any results. I never claimed lookout and I whispered my sheriff claim to Vucub. I checked Gobble N1 because he talked a lot and got an NS. The next night I checked ronit because I feared a framer and I was going to check again to be certain, but he was outed as the Consort after he claimed publicly. We pressured him and he eventually cracked and we were focused on finding the true Mafioso, but we got greedy and decided to look for the NKs. The third night I checked Bumble to verify their Doc claim since I knew we had an SK and he was NS. The fourth night I checked Gobble to verify his Escort claim and I got another NS. Vucub had given me those two to check to verify their claims. However, by the 5th Day we'd already been out numbered and scum got majority.

I'd be willing to check anyone tonight and like I've said they're all lying. It's nothing more than a trick to mislynch me and allow them to gain majority. To sum up, Knock is an Agent and Ronit is an Consort turned Mafioso. Odin is the SK and Night is the Stalker. 
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby LinearPoint » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:47 pm

Rock. No I do not believe you for a second.
If anything you make Night look more like a Sheriff than anyone.

Also yes Stalker will still kill the day/night they are killed.
LinearPoint
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby ObiWan » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:48 pm

Do not directly quote from your district - even if it was your own post. Thank you
This was not the scumslip you were looking for.

Alzar wrote:there is no such thing as a meta, forum mafia is a lie, we are products of a confused society

ObiWan
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Santa07 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:50 pm

btw

15 town
6 mafia
1 NB (amne)
2 NEs (1 witch)
4 NKs (sk, stalker, bomber, something else)
1 Any (possibly NB)
Santa07
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby Odin1010 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:55 pm

Okay I am the Sheriff from Business district, and we got destroyed... Rock is the Stalker, Ronit and Knock are the Mafia, Night is the SK
Odin1010
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby LinearPoint » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:56 pm

RockFire you need to give up.
Out of everyone in your district the only person more obviously lying than you is Ronit.
And he is an Agent versus you the Stalker.
Yes their is 6 mafia, but a Stalker will kill 2 times every day and you need to be cut off before you spill over into the other districts.
yes I know the SK can do that too, but you kill twice as fast as them.

Tonight the Escort/Consort from the Residential District will roleblock Birdyluv so they don't ignite.
Investigator do what you want. We know their is very likely a Framer alive.
Sheriff from Business District...You are screwed. As the Serial Killer or Stalker from your district are likely to kill you tonight.
Night you stalker anyone you want since you will die tomorrow as you are the biggest threat.

That should stop the Arsonist from igniting Forta.
We kill the Stalker the next day.
Then from there we chose weather to go for the mafia or Serial Killer.
LinearPoint
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Odin1010 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:58 pm

Yeah, I know I am screwed or Knock will just keep roleblocking me

Were you guys able to figure out who the bomber was?
Odin1010
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads