FM 6D - Mafia and Survivor Win! - "Groundhog Day"

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: FM 6D - Day 5: And it goes on and on and on

Postby ShroomerD » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:16 pm

MiniatureCowgirl wrote:I vote Groundhog Day!!!

/no lynch <3

I'm so salty right now.
ShroomerD
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Knockoff » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:18 pm

Finally. Glad that we've come to the conclusion that mafia can't win. I was wondering how long Rock would be trying to fool me on this. Now that we've established the truth, I'm wondering which one of you deserves the win more. I think I know the answer, but I'll refrain from making a decision just yet.

Anything outside this game is irrelevant to me right now. Arguments should be made relating to the thread.

Yes, I know that I should probably pick someone quickly, but let me have some fun.

Why do you deserve to win?
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Knockoff » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:20 pm

Kingmaker might also be a good name, due to the potential for this to happen many times throughout the game. Groundhog's day is also fitting, though.
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby MiniatureCowgirl » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:21 pm

Ah, hell if I deserve to win. I expected to lose since I started, so I've only been here to have fun.

That said, I'd like to win, especially as a role almost no one wins as, but I'm actually ok either way.
Larxene. Every game. Period. Spoiler:
[spoiler]

MiniatureCowgirl
Retributionist
Retributionist

Location: Avoiding Chance time like the plague. THE PLAGUE I TELLS YA

Postby Knockoff » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:23 pm

Knockoff wrote:Finally. Glad that we've come to the conclusion that mafia can't win. I was wondering how long Rock would be trying to fool me on this. Now that we've established the truth, I'm wondering which one of you deserves the win more. I think I know the answer, but I'll refrain from making a decision just yet.

Anything outside this game is irrelevant to me right now. Arguments should be made relating to the thread.

Yes, I know that I should probably pick someone quickly, but let me have some fun.

Also, no need to be humble. You can say 'I totally fooled you and the other side suckz' and it'd be acceptable as long as you can back up your point.
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby RockFire » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:26 pm

Knockoff wrote:Finally. Glad that we've come to the conclusion that mafia can't win. I was wondering how long Rock would be trying to fool me on this. Now that we've established the truth, I'm wondering which one of you deserves the win more. I think I know the answer, but I'll refrain from making a decision just yet.

I tricked Duff into believing I was the Doc even after I claimed SK and I really did trick most into believing I was the town doc (even the mafia) with my D2 push and used several gambits to get us stuck in this little situation.

I also talked myself out of the gallows with my words, so that must be worth something. Besides, I've been trying to work town and mafia against each other for as long as possible to not be lynched. I've saved myself from being lynched (twice!) and I've also saved Mini from being lynched. The town lost majority too quickly and their mislynch of Jomo really hurt them.

But, most of all I'm [sarcasm]humble.[/sarcasm]

Happy with that? I'll respect your decision though.

I need to take an online test, but I'll be back in an hour, so don't kill me while I'm gone.
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby Knockoff » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:32 pm

You also made a mistake which forced you to reveal, but yes. You did play a really strong game in general. I'm not one for lynching out of spite, so I do think that you are a top faction for winning. Mini played a strong D2 as well, even seeing one of my scum moves, but she kinda lost momentum near the end of D2.

I'll wait for town right now.
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby RockFire » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:34 pm

Knockoff wrote:You also made a mistake which forced you to reveal, but yes. You did play a really strong game in general. I'm not one for lynching out of spite, so I do think that you are a top faction for winning. Mini played a strong D2 as well, even seeing one of my scum moves, but she kinda lost momentum near the end of D2.

I'll wait for town right now.

Yeah, you're right. To be honest, I was going to reveal anyway after tricking Duff and Sal. I should've said I healed Duff night one instead of Mini, but oh well.
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby Duffman3005 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:35 pm

RockFire wrote:
I tricked Duff into believing I was the Doc even after I claimed SK and I really did trick most into believing I was the town doc (even the mafia) with my D2 push and used several gambits to get us stuck in this little situation.

You know I only believed that for about an hour before dismissing it completely haha (all detailed in my notes in my will heh). Shroomer completely did not believed it instantly :p

Well as a lawyer I probably made one of the best opening statements in awhile, and made it as lawyer-y as I could make it with the 1000 character limit I was given. It was initially longer with a a lot of legal speak (friend is studying law). I actually had more statements prepared had I used more trials, but I'm not salty about the no lynches ha, fun game overall.
My Forum Mafia Record
Spoiler: Image
Duffman3005
Donor
Donor

Postby Knockoff » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:40 pm

Duffman3005 wrote:
RockFire wrote:

You know I only believed that for about an hour before dismissing it completely haha (all detailed in my notes in my will heh). Shroomer completely did not believed it instantly :p

Well as a lawyer I probably made one of the best opening statements in awhile, and made it as lawyer-y as I could make it with the 1000 character limit I was given. It was initially longer with a a lot of legal speak (friend is studying law). I actually had more statements prepared had I used more trials, but I'm not salty about the no lynches ha, fun game overall.

Huh, well I have to admit that the Lawyer objection was pretty awesome. It's dampened by the fact that you didn't get your client a not guilty verdict though.
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Duffman3005 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:43 pm

Knockoff wrote:
Duffman3005 wrote:
RockFire wrote:

Huh, well I have to admit that the Lawyer objection was pretty awesome. It's dampened by the fact that you didn't get your client a not guilty verdict though.

True, I should have gone with my gut and switched him with data, ah well thus is life. Also he was not my client, I was playing as the persecutor lawyer, not the defendants lawyer.

Shroomer was a great motivating town leader, I'm sure he'll have something written up soon.
My Forum Mafia Record
Duffman3005
Donor
Donor

Postby ValeforRaine » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:47 pm

Duffman3005 is whispering to ShroomerD!

Duffman3005 has only one whisper remaining.
Sing something new, I have nothing left,
I can't face the dark without
you.
There's nothing left to lose, the fight never ends,
I can't face the dark without
you.

Holding the hand that holds me down.
I forgive you, forget you,
the end.
ValeforRaine
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby ShroomerD » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:49 pm

Ah yes, finally. My time to shine. By grovelling at your feet.

I was the one who was tricked the most this game. I revealed night one by killing the Witch and proceeded to throw away any chance we had at a lead with my hazed decision to believe the Agent. Diva had us all fooled, but I was the one to single-handedly throw us all under a bus. All it took was one mislynch from myself to cause this chaos.

However, my error has actually caused this game to go into directions we never predicted. Everyone knows who each other is. The pressure was on from Day 2, and we can all thank diva for that. It broke many people's moral, but some of us still hanged on. Rockfire and Duff specifically showed dedication like no other. This is a game for you two to be proud of.

I still don't believe the Mafia are all washed up. As Rockfire stated, it only takes one mistake. I still don't know who the Godfather is. WIFOM at its best.

I've tried my hardest with this game, and I'd like a chance to have a win in the end. In regards to the number of alerts I have left... Well...

Spoiler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YWAXJEe7Ve0#t=25
ShroomerD
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Duffman3005 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:54 pm

Starting a new part time job while this game was going on was probably not the best choice, but I needed the money (Air Guard isn't as good paying as active duty is). Despite my busier days I still found whatever free time I had to participate in the game as actively as I could. When most others would have requested replacements I naver faltered, I firmly believe typing /join is a formal verbal commitment to see the game until it's end no matter what (barring RL emergencies).

I stay dedicated to all present and future FM games, not matter if the side I'm on is winning or losing, but I always stay civil and have fun while doing it.
My Forum Mafia Record
Duffman3005
Donor
Donor

Postby Duffman3005 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:57 pm

Also thanks for the praise Shroomer, it genuinely feels good to hear that from you :)
It certainly made my crappy busy classes/work week much better overall!

Dispite your mistakes Shroom, you were a great motivating town leader, probably the best in awhile (motivational wise)
My Forum Mafia Record
Duffman3005
Donor
Donor

Postby ShroomerD » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:59 pm

Duffman3005 wrote:Also thanks for the praise Shroomer, it genuinely feels good to hear that from you :)

Dispite your mistakes Shroom, you were a great motivating town leader, probably the best in awhile (motivational wise)

Thanks, mate.

I still have trouble accepting praise, but I'll do better. After I scolded Rockfire about him praising me, I felt really bad. So I'm gonna try and change my attitude around it. I hope you can forgive me, Rockfire.

Also, I totally forgot to include this earlier. Good luck with your exam. I hate online things.
ShroomerD
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Knockoff » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:01 pm

This is a hard decision. Both sides played well and I don't feel that anyone here 'deserves' to lose. Shroomer, you aren't giving yourself enough credit. You layed several traps that actually caught scum(and waffle). If anything, that's a big accomplishment, especially since you weren't in a proper state of mind at the time.

The commitment some people have shown to this game is really admirable. Some were inactive, but that isn't referring to anyone in specific right now.

Mafia can't win due to Kool saying he won't side with us. We can't win without his help.
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Knockoff » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:02 pm

ShroomerD wrote:
Duffman3005 wrote:Also thanks for the praise Shroomer, it genuinely feels good to hear that from you :)

Thanks, mate.

I still have trouble accepting praise, but I'll do better. After I scolded Rockfire about him praising me, I felt really bad. So I'm gonna try and change my attitude around it. I hope you can forgive me, Rockfire.

Also, I totally forgot to include this earlier. Good luck with your exam. I hate online things.

You hate online things???? Does that include this game!?jk
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Duffman3005 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:03 pm

Should we wait for Kool to weigh in? >.>

Up to you though, I'll be on until 12am CST (UTC -6) tonight

Sidenote-Most of my I.T. class work is online haha :p
My Forum Mafia Record
Duffman3005
Donor
Donor

Postby Veeena » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:03 pm

Knockoff wrote:This is a hard decision. Both sides played well and I don't feel that anyone here 'deserves' to lose. Shroomer, you aren't giving yourself enough credit. You layed several traps that actually caught scum(and waffle). If anything, that's a big accomplishment, especially since you weren't in a proper state of mind at the time.

The commitment some people have shown to this game is really admirable. Some were inactive, but that isn't referring to anyone in specific right now.

Mafia can't win due to Kool saying he won't side with us. We can't win without his help.

Hey knock, be quiet for a second please.

Stop acting like it's hopeless: Kat will vote for anyone who is starting the lynch. THAT was his Alta Mater. I am getting tired of your 'we're hopeless' attitude.

Now then, /vote RockFire. Hopefully Mini does as Rock says and this can be over soon, with an evil faction winning.
OSRS Accounts: Veeena
Lewd Queen (Former HCIM)
Peepo Vee (GIM)

FF14: Xa Erros (NA Sargantas)

Formerly M4xwell
Known as
Xa/M4xy/Vee

Some fucking Vee I suppose.

Veeena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Knockoff » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:05 pm

M4xwell wrote:
Knockoff wrote:This is a hard decision. Both sides played well and I don't feel that anyone here 'deserves' to lose. Shroomer, you aren't giving yourself enough credit. You layed several traps that actually caught scum(and waffle). If anything, that's a big accomplishment, especially since you weren't in a proper state of mind at the time.

Hey knock, be quiet for a second please.

Stop acting like it's hopeless: Kat will vote for anyone who is starting the lynch. THAT was his Alta Mater. I am getting tired of your 'we're hopeless' attitude.

Now then, /vote RockFire. Hopefully Mini does as Rock says and this can be over soon, with an evil faction winning.

He said that he wanted mafia in particular to lose. No need to be aggressive about this either.
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Veeena » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:06 pm

We will convince him otherwise, then. The game is still far from dead.
OSRS Accounts: Veeena
Lewd Queen (Former HCIM)
Peepo Vee (GIM)

FF14: Xa Erros (NA Sargantas)

Formerly M4xwell
Known as
Xa/M4xy/Vee

Some fucking Vee I suppose.

Veeena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ShroomerD » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:10 pm

Thank you for the praise as well, and to you for stepping it up when Diva wasn't around.

Maybe Kool can be convinced otherwise. He did state he wanted the fastest win. I thought that meant Town stood no chance, but we will see. M4x isn't as hopeless as others, which is nice to see.
ShroomerD
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Duffman3005 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:11 pm

With M4x having just voted rockfire I believe one more vote is needed for the hammer >.>
My Forum Mafia Record
Duffman3005
Donor
Donor

Postby ShroomerD » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:11 pm

We should wait for Rockfire to finish his online exam. Just common courtesy.

Yeah, I dislike online classes. I had a bad experience in college with one. I do like FM so far, though. I would like to get a win eventually. :P
ShroomerD
Benefactor
Benefactor

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads