VFM 80: Death Note Popcorn (Task Force Win!)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

VFM 80: Death Note Popcorn (Task Force Win!)

Postby Rickdaily12 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:15 pm

~ POPCORN MAFIA EDITION ~

General Game Information:

1. Normal FM and Forum rules are in effect. Don't spam. Don't disrespect your fellow players. Do not post in the game thread if you are not a living player, no angleshooting, so on and so forth. See here and here if reminders are needed.

2. Day Phases will be 48 hours long, and any Night Phases will be 24 hours long.

3. Prod timers are 24 hours long. There IS a content requirement- posts that amount only to fluff and no real stance on the game itself will still result in you being prodded at my discretion. Failure to act appropriately in the thread to a prod within 12 hours, or being prodded a third time will result in your replacement.

4. This will not be a bastard game. Your role card will not lie to you, your win conditions will be explicitly clear as written, and do not change throughout the course of the game. The moderator will not be a participant in this game and will not influence the game beyond those actions typically committed in the spirit of fairness and impartiality.

5. Flavor will be present in this game. Feel free to play to it, or don't- just be aware that it will not help you find the Mafia, as they have been given flavor of their own to help blend in with each of the Town members. As such, all flavor names of each player is public information.

6. #800000 is my mod color, as always, so please do not use it.

Specific Game Information:

1. This will be a standard 7v4 Popcorn Mafia setup, with Death Note flavor heavily added. For those unfamiliar, here is how Popcorn Mafia is played:

Before the game starts, mafia must elect a townie to be the gunbearer. That player has until deadline runs out to shoot another player. If the gunbearer hits scum, they keep the gun. If the gunbearer hits town, the gunbearer dies and the targeted townie becomes the new gunbearer.

If the gunbearer does not shoot by deadline, they die and the mafia pick a new gunbearer.

The gunbearer is always announced and confirmed as innocent.

This game is nightless.

Town wins once all mafia have been eliminated. Scum wins when number of Scum equal the number of Town.

2. The Kira Task Force will make up the Town alignment, and the Order of Kira will make up the Mafia alignment.

3. Despite the above text, I will designate the periods in which Mafia choose the "Death Note Owner" as "Night Phases". The game will begin with a Night Phase, in which the first "Death Note Owner" will be selected. Otherwise, Day Phase will be endless, unless the "Death Note Owner" runs out of time and dies, at which point a new Night Phase will begin to determine a new "Death Note Owner".

4. Mafia will have daychat and will be able to communicate at all times, as per usual setup.

~~ And with this, I shall become GOD OF THE NEW WORLD. ~~
Last edited by Rickdaily12 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:35 pm, edited 10 times in total.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12
FM Awards: Town

Re: VFM 80: Death Note Popcorn (Writing Phase 8)

Postby Rickdaily12 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:20 pm

Surviving Task Force Members:

3. kosmo16 (Naomi Misora)
11. ZoruaLuhansk polypies73 (Hideki Ide)

Known Victims:

0. The ToS Forum Mafia section
1. watchme1 ("Near")
2. CheezePie (Kiyomi Takada)
3. Soichiro Yagami
4. Ezradekezra ("Mello")

5. LOLingHyena (Teru Mikami)
6. "L" Lawliet
7. ejjinami (Shuichi Aizawa)

8. UzayAltay (Light Yagami, "Kira")
9. Totua Matsuda
10. Phone0Ix (Kanzo Mogi)

11. dolphina (Misa Amane)
12. Quillish Wammy, "Watari"
13. Mistyx (Hirokazu Ukita)

ISOs

Rickdaily12 (Host)

dolphina
watchme1
kosmo16
UzayAltay
AcidicBreeze CheezePie
Chemist1422
ejjinami
Ezradekezra
Phone0Ix
LOLingHyena
ZoruaLuhansk polypies73

Timeline of Events:

The Order of Kira writes Nate River's name in the Death Note.
Nate River is shot after writing Mihael Keehl's name in the Death Note.
Kiyomi Takada is identified, and throws herself off the building after Ryuk writes her name in his Death Note. Soichiro Yagami's body is recovered.
Mihael Keehl is stabbed after writing Shuichi Aizawa's name in the Death Note.
Teru Mikami is identified, and bleeds to death after stabbing himself in the chest after Ryuk writes his name in his Death Note. L's body is recovered.
Shuichi Aizawa chokes to death after writing Kanzo Mogi's name in the Death Note.
Light Yagami is identified, and dies of a heart attack after Ryuk writes his name in his Death Note. Totua Matsuda's body is recovered.
Kanzo Mogi electrocutes himself to death after writing Hirokazu Ukita's name in the Death Note.
Misa Amane is identified, and poisons herself after Ryuk writes her name in his Death Note. Watari's body is recovered.
Hirokazu Ukita dies of a heart attack after the Order of Kira are eliminated. The Kira Task Force has won!
Last edited by Rickdaily12 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:07 pm, edited 24 times in total.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Rickdaily12

Re: VFM 80: Death Note Popcorn (Setup Phase)

Postby Rickdaily12 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:10 pm

Rickdaily12

Re: VFM 80: Death Note Popcorn (Setup Phase)

Postby Rickdaily12 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:22 pm

Game Moderator Message: Because the game will begin with the thread closed, I'll be starting the game a little earlier, so that players will have more of the weekend for Day Phase, AKA "Writing Phase 1".

Therefore, Night Phase 1, AKA Ownership Phase 1, will begin in .

Rickdaily12

Re: VFM 80: Death Note Popcorn (Ownership Phase 1)

Postby Rickdaily12 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:03 pm

Ownership Phase 1 Begins.

[...]

With his memories fully restored, and his Order fully blended in with the Task Force, Kira was ready for Phase 2 of this intricate plan. Having acquired multiple Death Notes stored away carefully, this infuriating memory loophole should no longer be a threat to him and the Order. The same however, could not be said of these "just" police officers, who stand in the way of the judgment of criminals. And so, they need to brought to justice along with the rest of the evil scum, once and for all, so that the new world order can begin.

And so, with all of this established, the Order of Kira make their final endgame plan, and put it in motion.

They meet on one fateful night, with a particularly cruel idea in mind...

Ownership Phase 1 will end by March 27th, 7:00 PM CDT, or .

Rickdaily12

Re: VFM 80: Death Note Popcorn (Ownership Phase 1)

Postby Rickdaily12 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:46 am

Rickdaily12

Re: VFM 80: Death Note Popcorn (Writing Phase 1)

Postby Rickdaily12 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:15 pm

The next day, each of you wake up, content to dedicate yet another day to catch this mysterious killer, only to probably make no progress as always. Each of you greet each other, grab some coffee, start making breakfast, turn on the local news, and start settling in.

It was only the sound of an ear-piercing scream that alerted everyone that today was going to be different. That in fact, nothing was ever going to be the same ever again.

On the main gathering table was a black notebook, with a red pen left inside it. It was left open, and a name clearly scrawled onto it:

NATE RIVER - Cause of Death: Failure to write the name of a Kira in this notebook.

Faces go chalk white, as all eyes fall onto Near. The youngest of you, paralyzed by this daring, disrespectful move. Condemned to die. Perhaps not today, or tomorrow, but soon. And before anyone tells him that this is a trick, to just burn the book, and disregard all of it, people are quickly reminded of two crucial rules in the notebook:

And so it was. Near regains his composure, and takes his place on the couch, motioning for each of you to join him around this table.

"Clearly, this can mean only one thing." His calm voice delivers, with a slight tremble. "Kira has decided to make his move against each of us. Yet only the 11 of us have access to this notebook, and acting alone would be far too much of a stupid risk as it stands. So, it stands to reason that there are traitors among us. And I have to be the one to kill them, using this book, because the moment I ever stop, I will die."

His brilliant eyes gaze accusingly upon the rest of you, as he takes the Death Note into his hands.

"So, which of you are going to tell me that you aren't the ones who want to see me dead?"

Rickdaily12

Postby Rickdaily12 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:16 pm

watchme1 has been revealed!

Spoiler:
JAPANESE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
OPERATION: FALLEN ANGELS - TASK FORCE MEMBER 002

NATE "NEAR" RIVER

"If you can't win the game, if you can't solve the puzzle, then you're nothing but a loser."

You are "Near". You are a member of the Kira Task Force.

You must assist the owner of the Death Note in killing all of the members of the Order of Kira, who are posing themselves as other innocent members of the Kira Task Force. Make sure you help them correctly identify Order members, or the Death Note Owner will die!

You win with the rest of the Kira Task Force if all members of the Order of Kira are killed.
You lose if the Order of Kira ever reaches parity with the Kira Task Force.

Writing Phase 1 Begins.

watchme1 is the first owner of the Death Note. He must write a name in this note in the next 72 hours, or he will perish.

To write a name in the note, any of the following will be accepted in bolded text: "/write X; /scribe X; /kill X"
(Once a name has been written, this action is locked and cannot be revoked by any means.)

Writing Phase 1 ends on March 30th, 3:15 PM CDT, or .

Rickdaily12

Postby Ezradekezra » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:27 pm

First
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Ezradekezra » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:32 pm

where is everyone
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Ezradekezra » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:34 pm

I never really expected Watchme to get picked over Dolphina tbh

Not sure if that means Dolphina is maf or if the maf doesn't want Dolphina to be confirmed. Probably a 50/50 chance of each explanation being correct.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Ezradekezra » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:49 pm

ISOs since Rick hasn't added them yet (unless they ninja edit me):

Rickdaily12

dolphina
watchme1
kosmo16
UzayAltay
AcidicBreeze
Chemist1422
ejjinami
Ezradekezra
hereisme
LOLingHyena
ZoruaLuhansk

No guarantee that they'll work since nobody else has posted yet
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Ezradekezra » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:54 pm

@everyone

where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby UzayAltay » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:10 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:@everyone

where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Hey
46-46 Spoiler: Town Games(27-32)

NFM50,NFM51,NFM52,14D,14E, NFM54 ,14H (AF), 14G, NFM 55, NFM 56, 15C, NFM 57, NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B, VFM36, 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38, NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39, EpisodeXVII, 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64, 19C,VFM58,VFM59 ,19D,VFM60,SFM66,SFM67,VFM64,SFM70,VFM69,XX7,XX9, VFM71,VFM72, VFM73, VFM74, 21A,VFM75,VFM76,XX14,VFM77,XX16,VFM78,VFM79

Scum Games (19-14)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53, VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54, EpisodeXIX, SFM63, 19E, 19F ,VFM62 ,VFM63,XX3,VFM66,XX5,VFM67,XX6,SFM72,XX8,VFM70,XX10,SFM76,SFM80
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Postby dolphina » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:16 pm

lmao why would they pick me

i’m always scumread at least once in every game. usually get wagon’d too

it’s a shame. if the mafia were stupider i wouldve loved to get picked
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Ezradekezra » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:52 pm

dolphina wrote:lmao why would they pick me

You don't seem to do well in weird positions (like in Secret Hitler), so I get the idea that you'd be among the most likely to make a bad shot.

sorry if that comes across as a bit mean
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby LOLingHyena » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:05 pm

'Suuup.
On the prospect of me being a wolf in VFM 18:
milte345 wrote:A hyena can't be a wolf because it is in fact a hyena
Ez.
LOLingHyena
Witch
Witch

Postby LOLingHyena » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:07 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:

You don't seem to do well in weird positions (like in Secret Hitler), so I get the idea that you'd be among the most likely to make a bad shot.

Is there anyone in this game that doesn't know Dolphina struggles in those kinds of weird positions?
On the prospect of me being a wolf in VFM 18:
milte345 wrote:A hyena can't be a wolf because it is in fact a hyena
Ez.
LOLingHyena
Witch
Witch

Postby Ezradekezra » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:10 pm

LOLingHyena wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:

Is there anyone in this game that doesn't know Dolphina struggles in those kinds of weird positions?

Maybe Acidic?
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby dolphina » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:13 pm

hey! i can do just fine in weird positions!

thinks

actually yea you're right i fail at this even in tetris smh

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby UzayAltay » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:15 pm

LOLingHyena wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:

Me?
Idk, I always associated Hitler with anti-town NE/traitor slot rather than weirdo slot at SH.

Well, if mafia considered gun holder as a weirdo slot, that explains why I am not picked. (Not because I am doing very well in there but because of these positions fits my personality somewhat? Whatever.)

NFM50,NFM51,NFM52,14D,14E, NFM54 ,14H (AF), 14G, NFM 55, NFM 56, 15C, NFM 57, NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B, VFM36, 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38, NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39, EpisodeXVII, 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64, 19C,VFM58,VFM59 ,19D,VFM60,SFM66,SFM67,VFM64,SFM70,VFM69,XX7,XX9, VFM71,VFM72, VFM73, VFM74, 21A,VFM75,VFM76,XX14,VFM77,XX16,VFM78,VFM79

Scum Games (19-14)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53, VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54, EpisodeXIX, SFM63, 19E, 19F ,VFM62 ,VFM63,XX3,VFM66,XX5,VFM67,XX6,SFM72,XX8,VFM70,XX10,SFM76,SFM80
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Postby dolphina » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:16 pm

also the only time i can think of that i've been in a weird position in a mafia-style game is when i was hitler in secret hitler

and even then it was because i had no idea how to play hitler

the death note owner here is more simple, try to figure out who mafia is and shoot them
granted, you have to have a little more restraint than just voting, but it's more simple and less of a weird role concept

besides you probably wouldn't have known that tidbit unless you spectated the SH game so
:ThinkCorn:

this also probably implies that ezra is town

sorry for the quick defensive position i just wanted to clear that up before it got all muddly and shit

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby dolphina » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:18 pm

no this is not a pocket i genuinely believe that this kind of attitude first thing off the bat is a towny thing to do

but anyway let the memes commence

MEMEPHASE UNLOCK!

unless you guys don't want to do memephase in which case i'm fine doing without it
it just seems kind of strange that we're jumping straight into content. i'm so used to the pages of shitposting that commence before it

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby UzayAltay » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:21 pm

IDK why everyone's calling Hitler weird.

Scum Games (19-14)

UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Postby Ezradekezra » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:26 pm

oh it's meme time

let me find a meme
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Next

Return to Game Threads