VFM71 | Light Game - The End | [Heretic Victory]

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Old Moon | Day 1

Postby 3cheersforidiots » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:57 am

LOLingHyena wrote:
3cheersforidiots wrote:
LOLingHyena wrote:Did I get it, 3Cheers? I'm not usually good at impressions, but I felt good about this one. :P

thanks for pointing out how my scumread solidified as I read Uzay's posts, very nice of you
now, if you tell me why any of it is scummy, then we can have a discussion perhaps
do you think it comes from wolf agenda? If so, what is that agenda?
or do you think a consistent progression towards a read just absolutely cannot come from town, ever?

It's not the progression itself that I'm calling out. It's the switch from not wanting to catch up to suddenly wanting to catch up so that you can plop down a vote on someone. It felt like you had wanted to vote someone but were too worried about just placing a naked vote.

I don't know about you, but sometimes it just so happens that I come into thread with absolutely zero WIM and just generally aiming to prodge-dodge, but then I read a few posts and think, 'huh, actually, I kinda wanna play the game now,' so I do.
If you actually read my posts, it should be clear that the point of my catching up was not to end up with a vote on somebody, but to get an idea of the threadstate.
Or, you know, the age-old argument that if I really wanted to place a vote right off the bat, I would have done just that instead of reading 9 pages of mechanical bs.
~Trash

Sophisticatedly unsophisticated Sophie.

Other gamertags are papill0n and luciolebrillant, dependent on game launcher.

FM Record
3 - 4 - 0


ImageImage
User avatar
3cheersforidiots
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:53 am
Location: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (GMT/GMT+1/GMT+2)

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Old Moon | Day 1

Postby 3cheersforidiots » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:00 am

TripleHaven wrote:
Huachimingo wrote:
TripleHaven wrote:
Huachimingo wrote:By the way, I also don't like how bossy Hyena is.with "giving people permission" to do stuff. Feels like he's trying to force himself too much into being the leader.

This point about Hyena only makes sense if you expect them to powerwolf which I don't, just based off a game we played as scum together (it wasn't a full-length game but you get my point).

But it'd be really good for mafia to infiltrate as a town leader. They lower the chances they'll be checked by TI and can soft-control them to keep them away from their teammates too. And they could also guarantee an extra kill if they get enough power to go trol the lynch.

Yea that makes sense.

Question aimed at Hua/TH: If you think there is a powerwolf here, who do you think it is?
It's just that I don't think w!Hyena would have a reason to be so publicly trying to lead the town (i.e. he'd just do it and not 'force it down people's throats' the way he is doing it right now, if that makes sense)
~Trash

Sophisticatedly unsophisticated Sophie.

Other gamertags are papill0n and luciolebrillant, dependent on game launcher.

FM Record
3 - 4 - 0


ImageImage
User avatar
3cheersforidiots
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:53 am
Location: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (GMT/GMT+1/GMT+2)

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Old Moon | Day 1

Postby 3cheersforidiots » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:05 am

ejjinami wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:huachimingo

same deal as with cob, plus the thought process on flake being alive at SoD2 reads genuine

I really don’t get that read

dota2reporter wrote:hyena
first off the reason i thought hyena was pocketing me because despite me clearly spamming my way through the 50 post restriction, he never called me out on it but still called out debil and kosmo
secondly because he calls everyone voting me as scummy which is like... town!hyena definitely should know that voting a town =/= you're scum

also my meta may be outdated but i don't remember town!hyena calling his townreads with simple one-liners
his explanations are usually giant, like here https://blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewt ... 6#p3344806

The post you scum-read him for was also his 2’nd? I think? I didn’t like that post either but that’s not the right reason lmao
...trying to make a wall at the beginning of the game is usually close to impossible.
the only thing I really agree with is him trying to pocket you...

you have a LOT of confident town-reads as for the beginning of D1 tbh
Having no nulls besides myself feels kind of like you’re either too enthusiastic or just aren’t scared of being wrong because of TMI.
I might be getting kinda nit picky but the reads feel really darn optimistic as for what has been happening in the thread till now


hot take: dota&hyena interactions are TvS

————————————

...I just got reminded of one of the votes dota made
“making cases is scummy /vote x” or sth lmao
(this means nothing btw, I just find the hypocrisy kinda funny)

I see your point, though having strong townreads and building a towncore as such is something v!dota does usually
~Trash

Sophisticatedly unsophisticated Sophie.

Other gamertags are papill0n and luciolebrillant, dependent on game launcher.

FM Record
3 - 4 - 0


ImageImage
User avatar
3cheersforidiots
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:53 am
Location: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (GMT/GMT+1/GMT+2)

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Old Moon | Day 1

Postby 3cheersforidiots » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:09 am

Liking ejji so far, reads seem too removed from the threadstate to come from scum motivation imo
~Trash

Sophisticatedly unsophisticated Sophie.

Other gamertags are papill0n and luciolebrillant, dependent on game launcher.

FM Record
3 - 4 - 0


ImageImage
User avatar
3cheersforidiots
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:53 am
Location: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (GMT/GMT+1/GMT+2)

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Old Moon | Day 1

Postby 3cheersforidiots » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:10 am

Also I think I have too many townreads?
~Trash

Sophisticatedly unsophisticated Sophie.

Other gamertags are papill0n and luciolebrillant, dependent on game launcher.

FM Record
3 - 4 - 0


ImageImage
User avatar
3cheersforidiots
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:53 am
Location: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (GMT/GMT+1/GMT+2)

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Old Moon | Day 1

Postby UzayAltay » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:16 am

@3cheers what I am asking is why you were OK with PL ejji but not Flake?
43-42 Spoiler: Town Games(25-28)

NFM50,NFM51,NFM52,14D, 14E, NFM54 ,14H( AF ), 14G, NFM 55, NFM 56, 15C, NFM 57, NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B, VFM36, 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38, NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39, EpisodeXVII, 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64, 19C,VFM58,VFM59 ,19D,VFM60,SFM66,SFM67,VFM64,SFM70,VFM69,XX7,XX9, VFM71,VFM72, VFM73, VFM74, 21A,VFM75

Scum Games (18-14)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53, VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54, EpisodeXIX, SFM63, 19E, 19F ,VFM62 ,VFM63,XX3,VFM66,XX5,VFM67,XX6,SFM72,XX8,VFM70,XX10,SFM76
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
 
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 10:17 am

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Old Moon | Day 1

Postby cob709 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:15 am

ejjinami wrote:hi cob!

hi ejji!
Image
User avatar
cob709
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 am

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Old Moon | Day 1

Postby ejjinami » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:30 am

LOLingHyena wrote:
3cheersforidiots wrote:
LOLingHyena wrote:Did I get it, 3Cheers? I'm not usually good at impressions, but I felt good about this one. :P

thanks for pointing out how my scumread solidified as I read Uzay's posts, very nice of you
now, if you tell me why any of it is scummy, then we can have a discussion perhaps
do you think it comes from wolf agenda? If so, what is that agenda?
or do you think a consistent progression towards a read just absolutely cannot come from town, ever?

It's not the progression itself that I'm calling out. It's the switch from not wanting to catch up to suddenly wanting to catch up so that you can plop down a vote on someone. It felt like you had wanted to vote someone but were too worried about just placing a naked vote.

actually, agree here.
As a joke it was fun but as a vote, not really.

LOLingHyena wrote:I didn't consider this. With that said, I'd feel guilty about yeeting Dota D1 after he called me one of his favorite players to play with, especially if he ended up flipping town. I'll keep an eye on him though.

/pat pat
LOLingHyena wrote:It's funny seeing the comparison between your attitude about voting Dota D1 and Dota's attitude about voting you D1. When Kosmo and I were encouraging people to consider voting you, Dota posted this:

dota2reporter wrote:
kosmo16 wrote:Anyway, ejii is scum. Let's lynch her.

im not voting ejji because im biased


-- which I assumed was a "I'm not voting someone I like playing with D1" kind of thing like I have with certain people.

if that’s the case then I’m just an ass xd
/pat dota
I mean, FM is a competitive game... bringing irl stuff into reads isn’t a good thing in general.
If I had no reason to care about who I’m voting/pressuring, it would most definitely be a factor but I wouldn’t want to take it into account otherwise. Like, I don’t want to hold back when it’s pretty much my only scum-read. I won’t be mad for anyone scum-reading me either.
those are the basics, I think. Just go all out!
you can use kawaiibot to slap me later, I most definitely deserve it!

besides, dota might have been talking about my reason for inactivity there instead... when the game started I was totally burned out and just needed that additional time to chill and charge back up. I talked about it on discord a bit
honestly, idek.


15 : 13,5

Last updated: 02.09.2020
User avatar
ejjinami
Spy
Spy
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 12:22 pm

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Old Moon | Day 1

Postby ejjinami » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:33 am

LOLingHyena wrote:
ejjinami wrote:secondly, you did close to nothing prior to that so saying that scum is too afraid to interact with you is kinda.... well... lol? :/

I really don’t think that level of intimidation is enough to make anyone even slightly experienced feel “scared”. Focusing only on scum as if it had any sort of meaning kinda feels like you just wanted to act powerful or sth...

(bolded done by me) Yeah, that's pretty much it. :P That's why I was laughing when people were taking it seriously (even though I was kinda being half-serious just for possible reaction testing purposes, lol).

oh hey, so it WAS just role play
you can go a bit up after all xD
LOLingHyena wrote:
ejjinami wrote:
LOLingHyena wrote:(note: I'm only giving Huachumingo permission to talk about non-game stuff right now. NO ONE ELSE)

hyena...

):

Okay, okay, I get it!

... I'm rescinding this permission from Huachi now since he started posting about the game. Happy now? :P

>:3

yes. Post a cat meme and all your sins will be forgiven
UzayAltay wrote:@ejji I disagree with your dota read.
There's only 1 thing scummy in their ISO but expecting no attidude change between games is a bit much of hoping. There are some common things that I can see in Dota's town game. Did he showed it? Not fully, only a little but I think dota will make their alignment obvious at late-day 1 /early day 2.

I don’t know how dota plays as scum. He might end up being obvious town later on but regardless of that, I think his early posts should be more scum-indicative. There is literally no reason not to pressure there

who else do you suggest then lol?


15 : 13,5

Last updated: 02.09.2020
User avatar
ejjinami
Spy
Spy
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 12:22 pm

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Old Moon | Day 1

Postby ejjinami » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:37 am

3cheersforidiots wrote:The difference between you and ejji is that ejji's lack of content is NAI. You, however, have been here, and all you've done is make statistical computations and talk about mechanics. Even your push on Flake is based on a mechanical assumption from what I can see, but you're otherwise not really helping town.
Look, you can play the game however you want, but if your play lacks town motivation, then don't be surprised that I scumread you.

that’s a lazy scum-read as well
3cheersforidiots wrote:If you actually read my posts, it should be clear that the point of my catching up was not to end up with a vote on somebody, but to get an idea of the threadstate.
Or, you know, the age-old argument that if I really wanted to place a vote right off the bat, I would have done just that instead of reading 9 pages of mechanical bs.

hush, hush. No need to get agitated. :P

I got the exact same vibes as hyena while reading your posts.

that was not the point tho. Or at least not mine. You seemed to be trying rather hard to get the vibe of your vote right.
Of course you’d be able to vote someone randomly without explanation but that’s totally unrelated. You wouldn’t have gotten any town-reads from that, more likely scum or null reads if anything.

the response feels a bit defensive tbh, especially the beginning.

3cheersforidiots wrote:I see your point, though having strong townreads and building a towncore as such is something v!dota does usually

I know that as well. I still think the read is worth a poke tho

who knows, maybe you’ll get a chicken nugget if you do it right


15 : 13,5

Last updated: 02.09.2020
User avatar
ejjinami
Spy
Spy
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 12:22 pm

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Old Moon | Day 1

Postby ejjinami » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:38 am

cob709 wrote:
ejjinami wrote:hi cob!

hi ejji!

cob, vote one of dota/3cheers with me! :D
what do you think?


15 : 13,5

Last updated: 02.09.2020
User avatar
ejjinami
Spy
Spy
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 12:22 pm

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Old Moon | Day 1

Postby dota2reporter » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:43 am

/vote ejjinami
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
User avatar
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
 
Posts: 3326
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:56 am
Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Old Moon | Day 1

Postby dota2reporter » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:43 am

/vote unvote
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
User avatar
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
 
Posts: 3326
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:56 am
Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Old Moon | Day 1

Postby ejjinami » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:44 am

ejjinami wrote:
cob709 wrote:
ejjinami wrote:hi cob!

hi ejji!

cob, vote one of dota/3cheers with me! :D
what do you think?

I’ll add a cool fat, fixed magical cat with sparkles

P.edit:
hi dota!


15 : 13,5

Last updated: 02.09.2020
User avatar
ejjinami
Spy
Spy
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 12:22 pm

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Old Moon | Day 1

Postby ejjinami » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:47 am

looking through huachi’s ISO, I don’t really like it either.
I could probably vote there as well


15 : 13,5

Last updated: 02.09.2020
User avatar
ejjinami
Spy
Spy
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 12:22 pm

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Old Moon | Day 1

Postby TheDebil » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:54 am

hi ejji!
hi dota! pretty sure naked votes will still get you a prod.
i think dota is self resolving.
it's not worth to park there.
hachi sounds like a good place to park to me.
ejji and 3cheers catchups look good.
hyena still meh.
kosmo still a great place to park as well.
i dont have many comments about the rest.
Look forward to more spam at EoD.
┌( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿/’̿’̿ ̿
User avatar
TheDebil
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:16 am
Location: Location:

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Old Moon | Day 1

Postby dota2reporter » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:01 am

i lied
i have a secret last post from the failed bottle vote
so in fact debil was the first to reach the milestone, props to him
the king

the /vote ejji /unvote was just like a "hello i'm here, don't leave the thread" signal to eji

gotta say ghosting the thread was fun, except when ejji was catching up and was like "where is everyone somebody post"
wanted to post but stayed patient

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gonna start off with i am a martyr
literally the worst role i could've got
didn't realise roles don't flip, makes sense why we could claim d1 then

Spoiler: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CheezePie wrote:btw i sorta disagree with huachimingo/triplehaven reads

why specifically?
upd: you explained why

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i disagree with scumreading cheers, i think her catchups have been very pure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOLingHyena wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:hyena

first off the reason i thought hyena was pocketing me because despite me clearly spamming my way through the 50 post restriction, he never called me out on it but still called out debil and kosmo
secondly because he calls everyone voting me as scummy which is like... town!hyena definitely should know that voting a town =/= you're scum

also my meta may be outdated but i don't remember town!hyena calling his townreads with simple one-liners
his explanations are usually giant, like here https://blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewt ... 6#p3344806

:twisted:

hyena pls disprove my scumread on you
i want to be wrong but so far there's nothing indicating i'm wrong

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOLingHyena wrote:For real though, I'm starting to regret openly calling Dota town so early. I'm betting that if I hadn't, he wouldn't have felt comfortable enough using up all his posts so fast. Oh well. See you at EoD, Dota.

i would've done it irregardless of how i was read, that had no influence on my decision
i did it for my own fun

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in response to debil's responses:
i'll consider your uzay thing, i need to relook into uzay probably
especially with some of his recent posts like the "i plan to nightkill dota n1" post
either he rolls scum so much he's just tired of it or he's careless town

kosmo im considering because she's always much nicer in her scum games

i can understand thinking cheers' thing was nai but her posts were really good after our posts so it's cool

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3cheersforidiots wrote:dota readslist is more or less an echo of my thoughts, though I disagree with Hyena
wanting to be the town leader is not scummy in and of itself tbh, but also I'm leaning v purely because of associations (Uzay/Bottle)

but hyena wanting to be town leader isn't part of the reason why i sr him?
but the association part is true. w!Uzay w!Bottle suggests town hyena. i'll think about it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CheezePie wrote:huachimingo: mostly neutral imo, I only just saw their last posts tbh and I'm not sure what to make of them, maybe they are indeed a slight townlean

triplehaven:
TripleHaven wrote:stop wasting so many posts on mechanics or we're literally going to lose

they have a point, but it feels a bit exaggerated? i don't know how else to put it

i see what you mean, i'll reanalyse haven

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UzayAltay wrote:3cheers = If you dont give me reads I cannot convinced you are town.
Also 3cheers = your flake read/vote sucks.
Also 3cheers= lynching flake is a bad idea but we can pl ejji

Look if you wanna pressure me to force reads, dont come at me with " I scumread you because you gave no reads so give me reads. " I dont even care if you commit on it as a read or wont when you dont take the reaction you want from me , but I'll play as I want.

And , unless you skipped this post, you are making that w/w read to push me as well. One-day read and no attempt at making it two-way, which you could have made easily.

that's a really good post from uzay. i like it a lot so i'll think about him

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TheDebil wrote:i only claimed so kosmo/uzay would get pissed off i think its funny

easy town

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huachimingo wrote:
TheDebil wrote:
Huachimingo wrote:Why was dota so careless with his last posts? I'd have saved them as soon as i knew i had so few left.

/vote huachimingo

You'd also waste them like he did? He could have grouped his replies in a single post instead of replying one by one.

hence why i didn't do it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TripleHaven wrote:I regret joining this game. Fuck those stupid wall posts of mechanics and math. I wanna actually read people.
I've read up to page 10, 3cheers looks towny as hell, only disappointed that they don't have a cat pfp on here :(
Is there anything of note about the last 4 pages? should I bother with them? I'm here now btw

this feels genuine, dunno. plus the mindmeld on 3cheers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TripleHaven wrote:
Huachimingo wrote:By the way, I also don't like how bossy Hyena is.with "giving people permission" to do stuff. Feels like he's trying to force himself too much into being the leader.

This point about Hyena only makes sense if you expect them to powerwolf which I don't, just based off a game we played as scum together (it wasn't a full-length game but you get my point).

hyena doesn't powerwolf??
then what does he do?
i just don't like how he keeps calling everyone mafia, sure you could say it's reaction testing but did hyena's town play change so much?? i don't think so

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ejjinami wrote:actually, dota seems really eager to solve early on :/
that’s a HIGH serious post to shitpost ratio as for the first pages and even shitposts don’t seem totally unrelated to solving

happy, overeager scum?
considering dota’s preferences, there’s quite a chance of this working this way instead of the other

ha get wrecked!
now you know my WIM is based on my mood and not my alignment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ejjinami wrote:Let’s not beat around the bush. Dota is very likely either a PR or scum

i mean, i guess you got that part right?
but the PR i got was the shittiest PR i could have gotten lmao, vanilla townie is literally better for me than martyr
also me spamming is personality indicative, not alignment indicative

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOLingHyena wrote:I'd feel guilty about yeeting Dota D1 after he called me one of his favorite players to play with, especially if he ended up flipping town. I'll keep an eye on him though.

the accidental town pocket
nice!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UzayAltay wrote:@ejji I disagree with your dota read.
There's only 1 thing scummy in their ISO but expecting no attidude change between games is a bit much of hoping. There are some common things that I can see in Dota's town game. Did he showed it? Not fully, only a little but I think dota will make their alignment obvious at late-day 1 /early day 2.

yeah, not much point in reading me. i make my alignment obvious through flips of who i push
if i push at least 1 mafia then locktown, if i push townies then i'm either crappy town or mafia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ejjinami wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:huachimingo

same deal as with cob, plus the thought process on flake being alive at SoD2 reads genuine

I really don’t get that read

dota2reporter wrote:hyena
first off the reason i thought hyena was pocketing me because despite me clearly spamming my way through the 50 post restriction, he never called me out on it but still called out debil and kosmo
secondly because he calls everyone voting me as scummy which is like... town!hyena definitely should know that voting a town =/= you're scum

also my meta may be outdated but i don't remember town!hyena calling his townreads with simple one-liners
his explanations are usually giant, like here https://blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewt ... 6#p3344806

The post you scum-read him for was also his 2’nd? I think? I didn’t like that post either but that’s not the right reason lmao
...trying to make a wall at the beginning of the game is usually close to impossible.
the only thing I really agree with is him trying to pocket you...

you have a LOT of confident town-reads as for the beginning of D1 tbh
Having no nulls besides myself feels kind of like you’re either too enthusiastic or just aren’t scared of being wrong because of TMI.
I might be getting kinda nit picky but the reads feel really darn optimistic as for what has been happening in the thread till now


hot take: dota&hyena interactions are TvS

————————————

...I just got reminded of one of the votes dota made
“making cases is scummy /vote x” or sth lmao
(this means nothing btw, I just find the hypocrisy kinda funny)

ignore the huachi read for now, i'll redo it later
probably ignore the hyena read too? i need to reevaluate him

i never do null reads when somebody posted a decent amount because they are completely useless

cases =/= readslists wdym

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i didnt like ejji's focus on me
then again this is heavily biased
but it felt like she was trying to get reasons to sr me out of thin air tbh

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ejjinami wrote:besides, dota might have been talking about my reason for inactivity there instead... when the game started I was totally burned out and just needed that additional time to chill and charge back up. I talked about it on discord a bit
honestly, idek.

no i'm just biased
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
User avatar
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
 
Posts: 3326
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:56 am
Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Old Moon | Day 1

Postby ejjinami » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:03 am

TripleHaven wrote:I regret joining this game. Fuck those stupid wall posts of mechanics and math. I wanna actually read people.
I've read up to page 10, 3cheers looks towny as hell, only disappointed that they don't have a cat pfp on here :(
Is there anything of note about the last 4 pages? should I bother with them? I'm here now btw

can you elaborate on 3cheers? have you played with them before?



^ working countdown @fenraiser

dota’s vote was also likely a misclick of some sort btw
or at least it looked that way... or he wanted to vote but not without explanation?

meh, it’s ok.

@huachi what are your reads on uzay, dota and 3cheers?


p.edit
TheDebil wrote:hi ejji!
hachi sounds like a good place to park to me.

hi debil! xD

that works for me as well

. . /\ . . . . /\
. /...\____/...\
./....O.w.O.....\
|.............| ♥ ✧*:・゚♥ ✧:/vote Huachimingo*:・゚♥ ✧*:・゚♥ ✧
.\................./

Omae wa mo shindeiru


15 : 13,5

Last updated: 02.09.2020
User avatar
ejjinami
Spy
Spy
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 12:22 pm

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Old Moon | Day 1

Postby CheezePie » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:10 am

well, we have 2 martyr claims now, epic
i won't switch votes just yet, soon™
FM Record: 4 wins, 5 losses
"Laughter is a physical reaction in humans consisting usually of rhythmical, often audible contractions of the diaphragm and other parts of the respiratory system resulting most commonly in forms of 'hee-hee' or 'ha-ha'. It is a response to certain external or internal stimuli."
-That one free online encyclopaedia

User avatar
CheezePie
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:56 am
Location: yes (EET/EEST, UTC +2/+3)

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Old Moon | Day 1

Postby Fenraiser » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:12 am

Current Vote Count
Player Votes Voters
  # Votes Until Majority


Not Voting (3): cob709, huachimingo, dota2reporter

Day 1 ends on

Last edited by Fenraiser on Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
VFM 71 Ends In a Heretic Victory~
User avatar
Fenraiser
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:02 pm
Location: Working

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Old Moon | Day 1

Postby ejjinami » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:21 am

noooo, dota you were supposed to only claim PR - not PR

and I didn’t post my claim but I don;t think I should do it anymore

dota2reporter wrote: kosmo im considering because she's always much nicer in her scum games

....I don’t know if you realize it but her being nice or rude shouldn’t be a very telling factor for her
the last time I played with her, she warned her scummates on the maf chat that she’s gonna be rude to everyone (probably in attempt to make people think that it’s a thing and change her scum-meta to being nicer later on).
I don’t remember which VFM it was but I could look for it if needed

There is a chance that this really became a thing and she really does tend to be nicer as scum unconsciously, but I’d be wary of reading her based on that only.

I don’t know how to read her besides that tbh...

dota2reporter wrote: ha get wrecked!
now you know my WIM is based on my mood and not my alignment

I did correctly guess that you’re either a PR or scum tho :P
that’s my 3rd correct read like that in a row lmao
but funnily the people I’ve read that way ALWAYS turned out to be just PRs :/

dota2reporter wrote: i didnt like ejji's focus on me
then again this is heavily biased
but it felt like she was trying to get reasons to sr me out of thin air tbh

I kinda am but it’s not that it matters at this point of the game.
why did you unvote me tho?


and @fenraiser the countdown you’re using doesn’t work
you forgot a “T” in the middle.


15 : 13,5

Last updated: 02.09.2020
User avatar
ejjinami
Spy
Spy
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 12:22 pm

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Old Moon | Day 1

Postby cob709 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:52 am

ejjinami wrote:
cob709 wrote:
ejjinami wrote:hi cob!

hi ejji!

cob, vote one of dota/3cheers with me! :D
what do you think?

idk how i should think
probably lynch martyr best bet

otherwise we should plan for today
not tommorow
anyone we consider lynch today, dont lynch tomorrow
because then mafia will get us
Image
User avatar
cob709
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 am

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Old Moon | Day 1

Postby LOLingHyena » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:05 am

Sneaky, sneaky, Dota

--------------------------

Okay, I think it's time I actually start building a towncore and forming a PoE since we're less than 24 hours away from EoD.

First two members of the towncore are Dota and Flake, our two martyr claims. With Dota claiming, I'd bet he's gonna be the nightkill tonight over Flake, unless scum wants to FPS -- in which case, I'm still going to call Dota town, so it doesn't matter.

Cheeze is my third pick for my towncore. I disagree with Ejji that he's flailing. I feel like he's been interacting with pretty much everyone and seems to be having a good time in the thread. Sure, you could say that he's just trying to fit in, but it feels pure to me. These two posts felt like towny self-consiousness:
CheezePie wrote::ThinkDerp:

11 pages and there's still not much to go off of
how

CheezePie wrote:
CheezePie wrote::ThinkDerp:

11 pages and there's still not much to go off of
how

I say that and then dota posts a damn wall full of reads
I have a lot to learn


Do I need to go on? :P

--------------------

(Will continue in my next post)
On the prospect of me being a wolf in VFM 18:
milte345 wrote:A hyena can't be a wolf because it is in fact a hyena
Ez.
User avatar
LOLingHyena
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 9:58 pm

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Old Moon | Day 1

Postby ejjinami » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:09 am

cob709 wrote:
ejjinami wrote:
cob709 wrote:
ejjinami wrote:hi cob!

hi ejji!

cob, vote one of dota/3cheers with me! :D
what do you think?

idk how i should think
probably lynch martyr best bet

otherwise we should plan for today
not tommorow
anyone we consider lynch today, dont lynch tomorrow
because then mafia will get us

if we lynch a martyr today, without trying to find scum at all, their check will likely be wasted. They’ll just check a random person who may have been town-read anyway

The best way is to try to find scum normally and then make the martyr check someone who would have otherwise been lynched.

So IF you want to lynch a martyr and use their check effectively, figure out who is scum first.


—————————————————————————-

@hyena, cheeze is in my town-core as well tho? :/
if he’s a newbie, he’s pretty obviously town imo.


15 : 13,5

Last updated: 02.09.2020
User avatar
ejjinami
Spy
Spy
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 12:22 pm

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Old Moon | Day 1

Postby CheezePie » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:12 am

y'all stop townreading me uwu
havent there been any bad posts from me? pls be honest
FM Record: 4 wins, 5 losses
"Laughter is a physical reaction in humans consisting usually of rhythmical, often audible contractions of the diaphragm and other parts of the respiratory system resulting most commonly in forms of 'hee-hee' or 'ha-ha'. It is a response to certain external or internal stimuli."
-That one free online encyclopaedia

User avatar
CheezePie
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:56 am
Location: yes (EET/EEST, UTC +2/+3)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jeeper5 and 20 guests